• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I just want to join in the group that is having the EZ Populate importing problems. When I import the data from the local drive or the catalog/temp (chmod 777), I don't get any error messages but I don't get any data either. The file only has 40 products. I'm using EP 2.74-MS2, whih uses tab delimited. I use windows excel to modify the file.

Thanks for the help!!

I have to say this is quite frustrating!!!

I just want to join in the group that is having the EZ Populate importing problems.  When I import the data from the local drive or the catalog/temp (chmod 777), I don't get any error messages but I don't get any data either.  The file only has 40 products.  I'm using EP 2.74-MS2, whih uses tab delimited.  I use windows excel to modify the file.

Thanks for the help!!

I have to say this is quite frustrating!!!

I forgot to mention that my PHP is 4.3.6 and I made a change on

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php. It now has "_$document_root" not "_document_root"

Under OSC admin/tools/server info, I have

"DOCUMENT_ROOT /"

Should the server info show the document_root as

"www.mystore.com/OSC/catalog"??? (How do I do that?)

That's all the spec I can think of now.

Thanks.

There is nothing to uncomment, as those fields don't exist in EP. These are fields that have been added by various contributions. They appear in the database but not in EP. What I am trying to determine is whether I add them in that one location in EP that I mentioned, or whether more changes are required than just adding them to the field list in EP. Thanks.

you will need to uncomment them, if they are commented out ..

doesnt matter the version of php, it all works the same as long as below version 5. however if you have 4.3.6 you are open for attacks and your site could come crashing down with the exploits there.

now you need it to be "$DOCUMENT_ROOT" for the setting.

in your configure.php file define for DOCUMENT_ROOT

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

I forgot to mention that my PHP is 4.3.6 and I made a change on

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.  It now has "_$document_root"  not  "_document_root"

Under OSC admin/tools/server info, I have

"DOCUMENT_ROOT  /" 

Should the server info show the document_root as

"www.mystore.com/OSC/catalog"???  (How do I do that?)

That's all the spec I can think of now.

Thanks.

Hi all

First Sorry for my bad english i'm French

so i explain my trouble.

i've already got an Easypopulate backup file name "EP2005Sep06-0707.txt" With all my articles and options inside.So when i'm openning an new Site with the MS2.2 (clean,only put easypopulate mod) ,i'm getting this error.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog//var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/temp/EP2005Sep06-0707.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/php6M4tnt' to '/var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog//var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/temp/EP2005Sep06-0707.txt' in /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/php6M4tnt

User filename: EP2005Sep06-0707.txt

Size: 1746937

Warning: file(): Unable to access /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog//var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/temp/EP2005Sep06-0707.txt in /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 712

Warning: file(/var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog//var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/temp/EP2005Sep06-0707.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 712

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/free.fr/6/0/kkfk/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 735

"Free.fr is an french hosting system which not accept chmod on dir so ,and it's only my testing site before putting it on an real Hosting Service."

Anybody have an idea about this problem ??

in my /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file i've put the define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); but getting the same error

i'm using Easy Populate 2.76-MS2

Thx a lot for helping me.

Thanks to John and Michael of whimsicalities, I am one step closer to solving the uploading issue. The problem I think is caused by my file structure. My DOCUMENT_ROOT should not be $DOCUMENT_ROOT since my OSC catalog is stored under

localhost/OSC/

1. My question is how to define in the configure.php file. The following is what I have, which is not working. (I could not even "Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir" under EP. The file it said created is not in the temp directory, which is chmod777)

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/OSC/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/OSC/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/OSC/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/OSC/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', '/OSC/catalog/images/');

I tried several combinations, (/OSC, /home/OSC...) but nothing really worked.

2. My other suspicion is for the OSC server, which shows up under admin/tool/server info. Right now php variable environment shows

_ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] /

I think it should be

_ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] /OSC

How can I change that?

Thanks again.

doesnt matter the version of php, it all works the same as long as below version 5.  however if you have 4.3.6 you are open for attacks and your site could come crashing down with the exploits there.

now you need it to be "$DOCUMENT_ROOT" for the setting.

in your configure.php file define for DOCUMENT_ROOT

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

there is no _ENV, etc for DOCUMENT_ROOT

the way to tell is to go to admin/tools/server info and then search for document_root

if it finds something then you use $DOCUMENT_ROOT (the variable which the system uses to find the correct path)

until then not much else can do. this is all system management.

Thanks for reply

Also under server info, it has

DOCUMENT_ROOT /

Is this wrongly setup then? (Remember I have localhost/OSC/catalog file path?)

the way to tell is to go to admin/tools/server info and then search for document_root

if it finds something then you use $DOCUMENT_ROOT (the variable which the system uses to find the correct path)

until then not much else can do.  this is all system management.

I have a strange problem with EP 2.76-MS2.

I went through a long process to add my own fields to the product database and update all the osc files that needed to be updated. It was a several-hour long process. Everything works great now, and I've updated EP to be able to deal with the new fields as well. I have added my new fields to the $default_these array: i.e.

$default_these = array(

'v_products_image',

'v_categories_id',

'v_products_price',

'v_products_quantity',

'v_products_cardBLAH',

'v_products_cardatk',

'v_products_carddef',

Everything is cool except for one thing.

cardatk and carddef are both defined as such in my DB:

products_cardatk tinyint(3) Yes NULL

products_carddef tinyint(3) Yes NULL

They are tinyints, under the "NULL" column they are set to Yes, and they are supposed to DEFAULT to NULL.

For some reason, whenever I use EP to upload a tab-delimited file, even though there is NOTHING (i.e. blank cells) in the v_products_cardatk and def fields, the products get inserted into the DB with a value of zero (0) for both those fields.

I have done manual SQL updates to reset those back to NULL.

But everytime I do another EP upload, it gets set back to 0.

I can't figure out why. In the DB, the field itself is allowed to be Null (YES) and defaults to NULL. I have the atk and def fields in EP's $default_these array.

So what else am I missing. What is EP doing that makes it tack on the 0 value no matter what I do?

Would appreciate any help with this. I'm sure it's an easy fix and I'm overlooking something.

Thank you VJ for this great contribution, i have implented your EP file in my own, and it's working !! I only have one great problem. When I Create a Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir, and open it in excel there are 2 problems.

1) The file is to large to import in excel, not all the atributes and catagories are showed.

2)All the atributes are assigned to every single product,  so say I have a dress in small, medium and large. Now all the other atributes are there as well in the excel file, so now I have a dress with S,M,L,XL,RED,BLUE,WHITE,34,36,38, S/M,M/L,L/XL ......and it go's on. So now I have reached the maximum imported column in excel. (256 pc).

Fore your information: I have EP version '2.62-MS2' on oscommerce 2.2-MS2. I also have installed the contribution new_attributes_v4b (that's the contribution witch I used to add atributes so far.

My question: are there some counts or something else witch I should adjust ??

When you want to check my Ep file, I will be glad to send it to you.

Thank you fot this great contribution, I can't wait to see this work properly!

Greetings Don.

My Webpage

You can go into the EP file and under the varibles change what attribute fields you want to download for example in the file easypopulate.php is the following code to change:

// change this if you want to download selected product options

// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)

global $attribute_options_select;

$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'BWHairShade'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

I should be a bit more clear regarding my problem.

I have a bunch of products, some of which have integer values for products_cardatk and products_carddef.

Other products have no values for those fields. When I do a manual SQL UPDATE command setting products_cardatk (and def) = NULL WHERE someothercriteria=matched, everything is cool.

When I download the file in EP, the correct fields are blank (empty cells) where they should be, and contain values where they should.

The problem occurs when I make any changes (or even not) and re-upload the file through EP. Even if I delete the v_products_cardatk and v_products_carddef fields entirely (like I sometimes do with other fields, saves on upload time, and if nothing has changed, then it should be fine) ... even if I do that, it STILL sets all products that have blank cells in that field to 0.

At first I thought I was misunderstanding how EP works with those $default_these fields.

I now understand that EP is not smart enough to leave values alone if it encounters a blank cell. For example, I have some products with values, well, EP obviously updates those values. But if I have other products with no entries in that field, EP isn't smart enough to just NOT UPDATE them in the DB -- it seems to do some sort of weird defaulting.

Ok, that's a limitation, I thought. Annoying, but I can work around it. So I assumed that what EP meant by "default these" is that if the ENTIRE column/field is missing upon upload, then it leaves all values in that field alone.

However, for me, this still isn't working with my own fields (and it may have to do with the fact that it's a tinyint). Even if I use the abbreviated mode to download, make some changes, and re-upload, even if my new fields were never even in the file to begin with, EP somehow sets them all to 0 except the ones that originally had values.

It isn't overwriting the ones with values, it's just overwriting all the NULLs and replacing with 0.

I have made changes to my EP file of course. I'd be happy to post it up here if anyone were willing to take a look.

until then not much else can do.  this is all system management.

Hi,

I got my files to upload and I can kind of get them to automatically add to database...only it's the first product, no others will integrate with database.

Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

edit your easypopulate.php file set it to tab delimited, commenting out the semicolon.  you have an older version if you are using semicolons.

Alrighty then, how do I comment out the semi colon and make sure that the ep.php file is set to tab delimited?

Also, I'm using EP 2.76 MS2 and can't find a newer EP.

Thanks! :)