• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Someone please explain this to me, I have read and followed instructions on just about every page in this thread that is relevant to this problem, but I am still not having any luck. The error that I'm getting is:

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/dev/temp/EP2005Jul28-1604.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpzFVEW1' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/dev/temp/EP2005Jul28-1604.txt' in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpzFVEW1

User filename: EP2005Jul28-1604.txt

Size: 3461

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/dev/temp/EP2005Jul28-1604.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

My configure.php

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
?define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://hurricanecomp.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://hurricanecomp.com');
?define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://hurricanecomp.com');
?define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module
?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server
?define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/dev/admin/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/'); // absolute pate required
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/dev/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
?define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
?define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
?define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
?define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
?define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
?define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

My easypopulate.php

// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
$tempdir = "/dev/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "/dev/temp/";

Update:

Eureka!!! I figured it out, but I'm still going to post this anyways because It could be what is causing the other people who are having this problem to suffer from being a n00b like myself. :P

The line in configure.php:

?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

Should be changed so that '$DOCUMENT_ROOT' is just $DOCUMENT_ROOT (without the apostrophies). It's always the little things...

So, the corrected line would look like this:

?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

Edited by ElNino

(Mibble @ Jul 27 2005, 08:01 PM)

you most likely need to put a \ prior to any apostrophes in your descriptions.  please look thru your descriptions, etc.  try to load only one product.

Hi Mibble,

I went through the file with a magnifying glass, got rid of all the apostrophes in not only prod description but also Product name.

It still through out all the download attributes on upload

Even when I uploaded only one productI still had a problem with the attributes, Although I had not downloaded the downloads attibutes when I uploaded that one file the download attribute went missing for that one file

Very Annoying

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

I discovered the source of the problem I had. Not a problem with Easy Populate at all, but something that may want to be added to avoid problems.

By default, OSC creates the database with character limits (32 characters for a category name). A few of my sub-category names were longer by one or two characters, so they were being truncated and causing Easy Populate to not recognize them as category name together and therefore giving me duplicate categories. A simple check could fix this from being a problem.

Good work on Easy Populate, works great!

Is there a fix available for this?

I've changed the maxlength in my SQL from 32 to 64, but running EP still truncates my long cat names and causes the duplicate entries detailed above.

I'd guess it was coded into the PHP somewhere, but a search for "32" has come up with nothing :(

Any ideas appreciated guys...

Thanks,

Dan

Is there a fix available for this?

I've changed the maxlength in my SQL from 32 to 64, but running EP still truncates my long cat names and causes the duplicate entries detailed above.

I'd guess it was coded into the PHP somewhere, but a search for "32" has come up with nothing :(

Any ideas appreciated guys...

Thanks,

Dan

Hmm - I think I've sussed this..

It defaulted back last time I ran a full EP import, but just before doing that I restoredd my DB to a 'clean' snapshot.

Guess which idiot hadn't ran the 32 > 64 char mod on that snapshot? :blush:

I'll let you know if it works :)

Hmm - I think I've sussed this..

It defaulted back last time I ran a full EP import, but just before doing that I restoredd my DB to a 'clean' snapshot.

Guess which idiot hadn't ran the 32 > 64 char mod on that snapshot? :blush:

I'll let you know if it works :)

Yep, that was it :blush: :blush: :-" :P

Hello, thank you very much for this contrib!

I have only two problems... My store has 3 languages. I don't have subcategories, only first level categories. If I try to export EP complete file it exports only first language category name. For example:

v_categories_name_1=Arts

v_categories_name_2 - blank

v_categories_name_3 - blank

After I try to import file and then manually edit category names in other languages it does not update them. Strange...

Also it shows error if ' sign is found anywhere in product description.

Kindest Regards,

Olexiy

Can someone please enlighten me???

I've installed the Easy Populate contribution however it doesn't appear to be creating the tab delimited files?

Clicking on the 'create' links causes the page to refresh but it doesn't give any feedback that a file has been generated. Then clicking on the 'download' link causes the page to reload again but it is not bringing up a dialogue box to save a file.

Ftp'ing into the cart's temp directory shows there are no files in /catalog/temp/

Is this a known issue? I've used easy populate a couple of times before and never encountered this?

I posted this in an alternate location and was advised this is where i should b posting....

EXTRA INFO...

- my OSC is setup in the default directory /catalog/

- my temp folder is called temp and is located at /catalog/temp/

- the temp folder is global writable (777)

- my config file (/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) has the document root set as $DOCUMENT_ROOT (with no apostrophies)

I read a post somewhere that said to try uploading a file using the OSC file manager... I tried this and it didn't write the file to the directory. I was able to create a txt document within OSC and save it to the temp directory but was not able to upload a txt document from my local machine.

My understanding is that it's a server issue but I don't know what to request from the hosting company.

Appreciate your help!

try just a few lines of imorting to see if they are going thru. if they dont, you most likely have data errors.

also, in your easypopulate.php file check to see if it is set at tab delimited or semicolon, one of the versions had semicolon

the descriptions with apostrophes need to have the ' preceeded by a \ just as if you were editing the product in osCommerce

For those who like me find Easy Pop to be almost impenetrable, I have found that linking via an OBDC driver from the OSCommerce db to a local Access db provides a pretty useful tool for editing the on-line db.

It may not have the full functionality of Easy Pop but it takes about 10 mins to set-up and using Find and Replace in Access makes price change batches a doddle.

I think a little experimenting with Excel and Access should give me even more usability

Highly Recommended

Steve

here are :)

Filename: aa.txt

| HA34 | a057large | AA | | | | | | | | | 0 | 0 | | 2005/08/02 | 0 | | ALI | | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| HA35 a05 |

and my excel file i just copy and paste first product and changed it :huh:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_3 v_products_description_3 v_products_url_3 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_categories_name_8 v_categories_name_9 v_categories_name_10 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

HA34 a057large 1.jpg AA 0 0 2005/08/02 07:55 0 ALI --none-- Active EOREOR

HA35 a057large 1.jpg BB 0 0 2005/08/02 07:55 0 ALI --none-- Active EOREOR

Thx

Edited by golabi

Hi Mibble,

Whilst you're having a gander at the last person's data, would you please have a look at this..it throws my db out of sync, creating new prod attributes ID so that the download attributes no longer realte to the products

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_products_master v_products_master_status v_products_listing_status v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1 hardstncover.gif Hard Station (1981)<br/>Digital Album Download "<p class=""homepara"">""I had been working for a decade in traditional Irish music forms - working into an already built structure and just basically learning how to do it. It was a lot of fun but I wanted to find something else. \'Hard Station\' was my first attempt at writing and arranging my own music and getting other people to play it as I heard it. The record itself was started in early 1981 in the old Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin and we recorded it over a few months.</p><p class=""homepara""> I was equally excited and apprehensive. As a solo performer, I had been introducing these songs acoustically from about 1979, but this was a whole new thing. It was produced by Hugh Murphy and myself....and the band in studio was really my first electric band - largely the same outfit I had been touring Ireland with the previous year...Jimmy Faulkner and Arty McGlynn on electric guitars, Fran Breen on drums, Tommy Moore on bass. Betsy Cook, married to Hugh Murphy at the time, was a new and exciting ingredient on keyboards and vocals.</p> <p class=""homepara""> Jimmy Faulkner\'s solo guitar and Betsy\'s piano on \'Nothing but the same old Story\' still thrill me after all this time. By now I had already released a single version of \'Crazy Dreams\' (a different recording) and it had been a hit in Ireland. So with the tour the previous year and the fact that basically all the songs were already known, people were waiting for this record and it was very well received. This was a whole new beginning for me"" </p>" 7.12 0 07/18/2005 17:52 1 0 1 1 8 Digital Download 16 MP3 17 flac PeeBee Digital Downloads Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

2 back.gif Crazy Dreams HS 0.89 0 07/18/2005 10:02 07/18/2005 17:52 1 42 0 0 8 Digital Download 16 0 MP3 17 0.1 flac PeeBee Digital Downloads --none-- Active EOREOR

3 back.gif The Road to the Promised Land 0.89 0 07/18/2005 10:02 07/18/2005 17:52 1 42 0 0 8 Digital Download 16 0 MP3 17 0.1 flac PeeBee Digital Downloads Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

4 back.gif Busted Loose 0.89 0 07/18/2005 10:02 07/18/2005 17:52 1 42 0 0 8 Digital Download 16 0 MP3 17 0.1 flac PeeBee Digital Downloads Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks in advance

Steve

Mibble thx but same

i dono why it doesn't add the products , i use MS excel 2002 , during saving file i get this message

aa.txt may contain features that are not compatible with text (tab delimited). do you want to keep the workbook in this format

Filename: aa.txt

| HA34 | a057large | AA | | | | | | | | | 0 | 0 | | 2005/08/02 | 0 | | ALI | | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Inactive Updated

| HA35 a05 |

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_3 v_products_description_3 v_products_url_3 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_categories_name_8 v_categories_name_9 v_categories_name_10 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

HA34 a057large 1.jpg AA 0 0 2005/08/02 07:55 0 ALI --none-- Inactive EOREOR

HA35 a057large 1.jpg BB 0 0 2005/08/02 07:55 0 ALI --none-- Inactive EOREOR

thx alot

I had this problem with my setup, heres a possible solution, go to your easypopulate.php file and look for around line 84

you should find the following code

global $separator;
//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ","; // comma
$separator = ";"; // semi-colon
//$separator = "~"; // tilde
//$separator = "-"; // dash
//$separator = "*"; // splat

change it so that the tab is default, do this by adding 2 slashes to the semi colon line, and deleting the 2 from the tab line, it should now look like this:

global $separator;
$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

then save and upload, this may solve your problem.

Edited by lee246

I am having a small problem with my easypopulate. When i upload my initial product file up, it overwrites some products with similar names, this means i am now losing around 30-40 products when i upload my file. Does anyone have any ideas?

Alrighty then.. I have searched and applied answers that were given by Mibble on how to get this darn thing to work.. EP says the temp file was uploaded, yet there are no changes to the database.

My config - Notice I changed to $DOCUMENT_ROOT as instructed

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://127.0.0.1'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://127.0.0.1');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://127.0.0.1');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

My easypopulate.php - notice tab is set as default

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;

Lastly, here is what I am trying to add - just one temp line. I saw somewhere someone said to add \before commas and apostrphes. I did not see any aprostrophes and I have tried uploading with and without the \prior to the commas.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1 v_products_head_keywords_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_products_quantity v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_date_added v_date_avail v_tax_class_id v_status EOREOR

ABC123 antique_fans.jpg Antique Fans These are gorgeous\, lightweight and handmade paper fans. Come in a pack of 10. Colors and designs vary. Antique Paper Fans These are gorgeous\, lightweight and handmade paper fans. Come in a pack of 10. Colors and designs vary. Antique paper handmade handheld fans 25 1 Handmade Misc EOREOR

Yes, the description is twice because of the header_tags contribution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lori

the app cant overwrite with similar names, they have to be exact names, unless youare using a different version than what is released here, does your version use product id#'s?

I am having a small problem with my easypopulate. When i upload my initial product file up, it overwrites some products with similar names, this means i am now losing around 30-40 products when i upload my file. Does anyone have any ideas?

do not use a \ prior to the comma, only before the apostrophe

Alrighty then.. I have searched and applied answers that were given by Mibble on how to get this darn thing to work.. EP says the temp file was uploaded, yet there are no changes to the database.

My config - Notice I changed to $DOCUMENT_ROOT as instructed

?define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://127.0.0.1'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://127.0.0.1');
?define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://127.0.0.1');
?define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server
?define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
?define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
?define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
?define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
?define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
?define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
?define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

My easypopulate.php - notice tab is set as default

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;

Lastly, here is what I am trying to add - just one temp line.  I saw somewhere someone said to add \before commas and apostrphes.  I did not see any aprostrophes and I have tried uploading with and without the \prior to the commas.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1 v_products_head_keywords_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_products_quantity v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_date_added v_date_avail v_tax_class_id v_status EOREOR

ABC123 antique_fans.jpg Antique Fans These are gorgeous\, lightweight and handmade paper fans.  Come in a pack of 10. Colors and designs vary. Antique Paper Fans These are gorgeous\, lightweight and handmade paper fans.  Come in a pack of 10. Colors and designs vary. Antique paper handmade handheld fans 25 1  Handmade Misc        EOREOR

Yes, the description is twice because of the header_tags contribution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lori

I have been pulling my hair out, trying to get this configured right since last night, so I sure hope someone can help me. After I try to upload a db file I keep getting this error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpa5nwVw

User filename: Test-Upload.txt

Size: 1288598

Warning: file(/home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms/catalog/temp/Test-Upload.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

Anyone see a problem?

do not use a \ prior to the comma, only before the apostrophe

Mibble, I stated in my post that I had done it both ways. That, apparently, is not my problem.

When EP uploads a file, will it create the categories if that particular one is not found?

Hi all,

I've installed EP, read many posts but still... Any help is appreciated tons.

I have been trying to use Easy Populate to import some 150 products, each with 30 Fixed product attributes. Important: these are not options -- just categorized, detailed info about each product like dimensions, packaging info, etc.

Later, I want to display some of these columns in product_info pages.

But how on earth do we import a database when products have more than just the basic columns like Model, name, description, weight, ...?

Many many thanx in advance,

David.

ps. my apologies for originally posting this message in root

I have been pulling my hair out, trying to get this configured right since last night, so I sure hope someone can help me.  After I try to upload a db file I keep getting this error: 

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpa5nwVw

User filename: Test-Upload.txt

Size: 1288598

Warning: file(/home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms/catalog/temp/Test-Upload.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fusion/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

Anyone see a problem?

anyone please?