• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Still doesnt work for me, although I dont really understand what you are saying about the space between EOREOR and the first product, i dont see that in excel. Also with regards to the  |  i dont follow what you are saying the as TAB delimited is the default of the file and default on the import to excel.

Can you give me a bit more of a dummies guide :-)

Regards

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Did you get everything working? If not, Before you upload your database check it in notepad or wordpad not Excel.

Go to your edit menu in notepad

select find

type in EOREOR

Hit Find

When notepad finds the word, do you see a space between your Eoreor and the first product? If so, delete it so it becomes one word.

Save as

yourfile.cvs.upload.txt

Try it again....

Cheers,

Tim

FYI: I noticed that either Excel or EasyPopulate changes the ' into " (Note sometimes this 34 changes). To change it back I use the replace function in the edit menu of notepad. Find " Replace with \' Replace all

chynathedragon,

How did you manage to create the file in the temp folder.

I am also not able to access the php.ini file.

Can you please guide me how you got it to work? Also how many products are you listing at the moment?

Kunal

First I just clicked on the link "create EP file in temp directory", then went into Admin>Tools>File Manager and opened the directory (temp in my case) downloaded the text file from there. (i.e. EP2005-Jun13.txt)

I emailed my web host, and asked them if they could increase the timeout feature in php.ini and they increased it from 30 to 120. I am listing about 3000 products right now.

Honestly, I really think it was my internet connection. I was using cable, but comcast is so bad out here, that I finally went with DSL, and no worries.

Hi All,

I am very new to OSC, as well as PHP in general, and am realy stuck now. I have tried to search for answers, but I cannot seem to find anything.

I am getting the following error when uploading a file:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\php78C.tmp

User filename: EP2005Jun22-0012.txt

Size: 1051

| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | 341.99 | 23 | 0000-00-00 | 2005/06/07 | 32 | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

The file I am uploading has one record in, which is the first record from the download of the default products, the Matrox MMS200.

I copy and paste my whole import file, as from the tab delimited TXT file.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

MG200MMS matrox/mg200mms.gif Matrox G200 MMS Reinforcing its position as a multi-monitor trailblazer www.matrox.com/mga/products/g200_mms/home.cfm 341.99 23 0000-00-00 00:00:00 2005/06/07 20:53 32 Matrox Hardware Graphics Cards      Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

I also paste my config section out of my easypopulate.php file for your information...

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

$tempdir = "catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "catalog/temp/";

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****

// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files

// NOTE:  If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini

// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts

// set_time_limit(330);

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people.  Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

//**** Image Defaulting ****

global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif

//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';

//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';

//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing

$default_image_manufacturer = '';

$default_image_product = '';

$default_image_category = '';

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!

// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.

global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;

$active = 'Active';

$inactive = 'Inactive';

//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet

$zero_qty_inactive = true;

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****

// set this to the size of your model number field in the db.  We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.

// this prevents the database from getting fubared.  Just making this number bigger won't help your database!  They must match!

global $modelsize;

$modelsize = 12;

//**** Price includes tax? ****

// Set the v_price_with_tax to

// 0 if you want the price without the tax included

// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.

global $price_with_tax;

$price_with_tax =true;

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = false;

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

//$separator = "|"; // Pipe

// **** Max Category Levels ****

// change this if you need more or fewer categories

global $max_categories;

$max_categories = 7; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = false;

// change this to true, if you use QTYpro and want to set attributes stock with EP.

global $products_attributes_stock;

$products_attributes_stock = false;

// change this if you want to download selected product options

// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)

global $attribute_options_select;

//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

Please let me know what is wrong? I have been struggeling with this for the last 2 weeks, and cannot seem to find the problem.

Thanks

Firestar.

I just wanted to add a quick note to this thread about a really quick optimiation you can do for you easypopulate.php script.

23 Jun 2005 - Easypopulate Attributes Optimization

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

I had a database of 1600 products with over 250,000 different attributes,

and originally it would take up to 18 minutes (if the script didnt timeout first)

Now it takes about 20 seconds. ---sweet

(Times may vary for you based on your server)

All this optimization does is first load the entire attributes and options tables

into an arrays. Then while its going product by product, it no longer makes

a seperate mysql query calls, it just grabs the data from the existing array.

Will work on EP v2.4+

I just wanted to add a quick note to this thread about a really quick optimiation you can do for you easypopulate.php script.

and originally it would take up to 18 minutes (if the script didnt timeout first)

All this optimization does is first load the entire attributes and options tables

Will work on EP v2.4+

I have a similarly large store, but have a massive problem with my images.

My images are stored on a separate server to my 4 stores, and I need to be able to point my image field to a URL based image. Can this be done ?

I am having to upload and point images after uploading all my products via EP.

What I want to be able to do is have the field "v_product_image" and allow me to have "http://www.someserver/images/somepicture"

If possible can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Will work on EP v2.4+

Excellent!! Thanks for the tip.

hi all...

Heres a different one for you all...

On the file i'm uploading the description of the products come from a word document, now obviously this doesnt have the <br> etc that web pages need.

So, my question is how do i convert the carriage returns into <br> ?

heres an example of what you see in the source code...

<font size="-1">Retail Price: <s>?6.24</s><font size="-1"><br>Our Price: ?3.54<br><font size="-1" color=red>You Save: ?2.70 (43%)</font>          <p><br>
           <span class="aditext4">BRUMMER EXTERIOR WOOD FILLER

Brummer stopping is a one part easy to use wood filler -  ideal for filling small holes in wood.

For Exterior use (Green Label) or Interior use (Yellow Label).

Available in thirteen natural wood colours to blend in accurately -   in small or medium tins.

May be used under nearly all types of decorative finish.

Size.Medium.
Colour.Ebony.
Exterior</span><br>
           <span class="pageHeading"><br>
           </span>
                   </td>

I hate to post this as it may have already been answered, but I have spent 2 days searching and the overwhelming size of this thread is making it tough on a newbie :'(

I would like to upload special prices with EZ Populate. Has this been done?

Thank you!

Andrea

if special prices does not use the fields from the other addon contributions, then you will need to add them manually to your easypopulate.php fle.

I hate to post this as it may have already been answered, but I have spent 2 days searching and the overwhelming size of this thread is making it tough on a newbie :'(

I would like to upload special prices with EZ Populate. Has this been done?

Thank you!

Andrea

use an html editor to create your descriptions then copy them into your excel data file

hi all...

Heres a different one for you all...

On the file i'm uploading the description of the products come from a word document, now obviously this doesnt have the <br> etc that web pages need.

heres an example of what you see in the source code...

<font size="-1">Retail Price: <s>?6.24</s><font size="-1"><br>Our Price: ?3.54<br><font size="-1" color=red>You Save: ?2.70 (43%)</font> ? ? ? ? ?<p><br>
? ? ? ? ? ?<span class="aditext4">BRUMMER EXTERIOR WOOD FILLER

Brummer stopping is a one part easy to use wood filler - ?ideal for filling small holes in wood.

For Exterior use (Green Label) or Interior use (Yellow Label).

Available in thirteen natural wood colours to blend in accurately - ? in small or medium tins.

May be used under nearly all types of decorative finish.

Size.Medium.
Colour.Ebony.
Exterior</span><br>
? ? ? ? ? ?<span class="pageHeading"><br>
? ? ? ? ? ?</span>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</td>

I am new to osCommerce and PHP, but I have managed to get osC installed and setup properly to accept payments, now I am trying to add products using Easy Populate. I tried uploading my own Excel spreadsheet with one product, but it did not work so I have tried uploading the same file that downloads from the Admin page of Easy Populate: EP2005Jun22-2210.txt

I did not change anything, but tried to upload the file in the section "Upload UP File" section. This is the error I get:

---------------------------------------------------

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/upgrade/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005Jun22-2210.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpZ0Be9Q' to '/home/upgrade/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005Jun22-2210.txt' in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpZ0Be9Q

User filename: EP2005Jun22-2210.txt

Size: 62585

Warning: file(/home/upgrade/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005Jun22-2210.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

----------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I have tried searching the thread, but it's so large. I have had no such luck. :'(

Thanks in advance.

use an html editor to create your descriptions then copy them into your excel data file

I can't :D Theres 16,000 of them and they're coming from a file supplied from the wholsesaler, i dont fancy retyping them all in HTML.

What i'm more interested in is replacing the \n with <br>, but i dont know how to go about it.

Edited by adiwillow

adiwillow,

If your using excel to create your easy populate file, it would be extremely easy to use the search/replace to do what you want.

for normal characters yes, but i believe the carriage returns are called as \n , and this isn't physically in the text but hardcoded in the background.

Try this: Open the document in Word, go to Edit, Replace, More, Special, and select Manual Page Break, then in the Replace with box put <br>, click Replace All. Finally copy and paste to your Excel file.

Is there a possibility to send with the easypopulate-files a command to delete articles from OSC-sql-database.

Actually it is like that:

you export all articles from EP, you import this file into your database manager (for example Excel) and delete some articles in it - you export the file to txt - you upload it to EP. EP doesn't delete the deleted articles from OSC.

Hi,

I upload the file with 50 articles, the message appeared is:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpHP14aK

User filename: EP2005jun25-1212.txt

Size: 55203

But the products doesn't appears in the shop.

What happens?!!!

Thxs.

Is there a possibility to send with the easypopulate-files a command to delete articles from OSC-sql-database.

Actually it is like that:

you export all articles from EP, you import this file into your database manager (for example Excel) and delete some articles in it - you export the file to txt - you upload it to EP. EP doesn't delete the deleted articles from OSC.

I use an admin management contrib, cant remember the name, but it allows you to delete all products (and much more) with one click. You can then just upload to EP with the new amended file.

Try this: Open the document in Word, go to Edit, Replace, More, Special, and select Manual Page Break, then in the Replace with box put <br>, click Replace All. Finally copy and paste to your Excel file.

that'd work, but i really need to do it in excel as its going to be part of a bigger macro..

I did it once by accidental luck (so know it can be done) , but cant remember how i did it !

that'd work, but i really need to do it in excel as its going to be part of a bigger macro..

I did it once by accidental luck (so know it can be done) , but cant remember how i did it !

Just installed and getting this error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/temp/sample_output_file.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpeB3vc8' to '/temp/sample_output_file.txt' in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpeB3vc8

User filename: sample_output_file.txt

Size: 80290

Warning: file(/temp/sample_output_file.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

Any ideas?

Just installed and getting this error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/temp/sample_output_file.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpeB3vc8' to '/temp/sample_output_file.txt' in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Warning: file(/temp/sample_output_file.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mothmanw/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

Any ideas?

I fixed this problem. I uploaded file successfully, but there are no records in database.

File uploaded.

Any ideas?

you need to read thru the docs, it explains what directory needs to be created and the file permissions necessary (777)

I am new to osCommerce and PHP, but I have managed to get osC installed and setup properly to accept payments, now I am trying to add products using Easy Populate.  I tried uploading my own Excel spreadsheet with one product, but it did not work so I have tried uploading the same file that downloads from the Admin page of Easy Populate: EP2005Jun22-2210.txt

I did not change anything, but tried to upload the file in the section "Upload UP File" section.  This is the error I get:

---------------------------------------------------

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/upgrade/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005Jun22-2210.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpZ0Be9Q' to '/home/upgrade/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005Jun22-2210.txt' in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpZ0Be9Q

User filename: EP2005Jun22-2210.txt

Size: 62585

Warning: file(/home/upgrade/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005Jun22-2210.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/upgrade/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

----------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?  I have tried searching the thread, but it's so large.  I have had no such luck.  :'(

Thanks in advance.