• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

what are you showing in your admin/includes/configure.php as document root?

also, go into admin/tools/file manager and then click on the folders getting down to the admin/includes, then at the top will show a path, what is that?

Hi Mibble,

I've set the admin/includes/configure.php doc root to:

/hsphere/local/home/ampaintb/ampaintball.co.uk

The file manager shows me:

/hsphere/local/home/ampaintb/ampaintball.co.uk/new/shop/admin/includes

As far as I can make out it looks alright?

PS: I wished I had an error message! Any idea how to tell my server to produce one instead of displaying an empty page?

MTIA

Axel.

I'm a newbie in OSC and i have a major error with easypopulate.

I installed all like it is sayd in the readme file and i created a temp dir with cmod 777.

When i try to start easypopulate a error apears

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/roger/public_html/faisoesloja/admin/easypopulate.php on line 231

What can i do?

Tanks

Hi,

I just installed the Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 contribution and got the same error... i looked in the easypopulate.php and noticed an error.

at approx line 226 (this is after i added the register globals contribution) you will see:

'v_products_height'

'v_products_upc

this needs to be changed to

'v_products_height',

'v_products_upc',

Hope this helps and if someone could update the contribution so other dont get this error...

Regards

Easy Populate 2.62-MS2 - Default Language : Nederlands(4)

Filename: EP2005apr28-1111.txt

1/

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_4 v_products_description_4 v_products_url_4 v_products_name_17 v_products_description_17 v_products_url_17 v_products_name_18 v_products_description_18 v_products_url_18 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

All v_products_model numbers are present!

All EOREOR are present!

2/ [first product]

n/ [other products]

3/ [last product]

4/  | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

5/ No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

The problem:

Either the first row or the last row is not imported.

Sometimes (cannot reproduce) it seems that all products are imported?

Please advise.

Problem solved:

easypopulate_functions-oldersnaps.php got currupted

after replacing everything was O.K. again

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

Display prices with tax = False

One tax zone, for Arizona - 8.1%.

Why is it displaying the adding the tax to the Net Price and displaying the Gross w/ tax?

Don't understand it...

I am having the same problem. I put the prices in (the actual item prices) through Easy Populate. It put the "gross" price as the actual item price, $89.99. It then calculated down the "net" price as 83.71. If I turn on show prices with tax, it shows the prices all correctly, but then doesn't add the tax for customers who are taxable at the end.

If I turn off show taxes, then it shows the "net" price which is reduced and wrong. Any way to get Easy Populate to feed the input prices to the Net field instead of the Gross field? That way, the prices would be correct when shown "without tax".

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem. I put the prices in (the actual item prices) through Easy Populate. It put the "gross" price as the actual item price, $89.99. It then calculated down the "net" price as 83.71. If I turn on show prices with tax, it shows the prices all correctly, but then doesn't add the tax for customers who are taxable at the end.

If I turn off show taxes, then it shows the "net" price which is reduced and wrong. Any way to get Easy Populate to feed the input prices to the Net field instead of the Gross field? That way, the prices would be correct when shown "without tax".

Thanks in advance.

well it may be silly, but once I figured out what was happening, the "solution" presented itself. By munging in my excel spreadsheet the price (i.e., multiply the "net" price by 1.075, which gives it the price plus the local tax rate) then uploading the resulting price, now when I display my prices without tax, it shows the proper amounts. Then when someone authenticates as a user in my tax zone (California) it properly adds the tax, but if someone is elsewhere it just puts the regular price without tax.

Easy Populate really should be populating the Gross Price field rather than the Net Price field. Maybe someone could fix that so this "workaround" is not required.

Thanks all.

it is most likely a setting in your ep file, as ep does work properly.  have you read thru the ep suppport thread?

I did a search and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean much. I'm really trying to fast-track getting the site up, so I've been cutting as many corners as I can. However, I'll do some more sniffing around in the EP section to see if I can get to the bottom of this. This is pretty much a stock EP installation ... I would think it would work the "right" way out of the box, but then again, I'm thinking of the "right" way from my own perspective ... maybe in other countries the other way is the "right" way ... and our way is wrong ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

per the ep documentation, you need to read thru the file, and set it to how you want your products populated, ie setting tax calculation on or off, active or inactive product, etc

per the ep documentation, you need to read thru the file, and set it to how you want your products populated, ie setting tax calculation on or off, active or inactive product, etc

I read the documentation but it wasn't clear (at least to my addled brain) where to do that. Now that I have worked with a few more OSC contributions I feel more comfortable and realize that I need to actually open the EasyPopulate "executable" and look in there. That was not apparent to me before. I'll look through it and see if I can figure it out.

This noooooobie thanks you very much ;)

Jim

Easy Populate is great. I just need to know how to link to a product image on one of my supplier's website. I want to be able to upload a link to the image in my tab delimited text file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

linking externally can not be done without lots of coding to make it work

Thanks Mibble. I also have another issue. I've had a problem after I install easypopulate, I download a tab file to edit and its fine. If i do it again, the file has all the t's and r's removed and so has no tabs. It uploads fine, so I've been working off the good file i first download. If I reinstall the easypopulate files, everything works fine. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks

Please help I am installing EP and I am having a few problems, it is giving me this error

Warning: main(includes/database_tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/paperc/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 167

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/database_tables.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /usr/www/users/paperc/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 167

Pixy

One day at a time - we all have to learn

@ Pixy

What oscommerce version are you using

Do you have database_tables.php in admin/includes/ ?

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

I am not sure which version of OSC we are working on - I did not install it and the person that did is not available - is there anywhere that I can look?

There is no database_tables.php in admin/includes/

I also created the catalog/temp folder but I have no idea how to set the premission or what they mean by:

it's permissions are set to allow writes to that directory, that would be 777 or rwxrwxrwx (in shell access - while you're in the catalog directory, execute "chmod 777 temp"

Pixy

One day at a time - we all have to learn

Hi Mibble!

I have to make my EP work again.

But I have that "nothing happened" thing,

and I dont have time to go back 20-30 pages to find a solution.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phplXpcNW

User filename: EP2005May03-2008_modified.txt

Size: 82532

My shop is on a FreeBSD server.

OsC 2.2 Milestone with lots of contribs all working well now (except EP)

What infos u need to help me or what settings I have to check?

Cheers,

Andrew

:( I have tried this on a test installation and it works great, but now i tried it on a site with the sts template contributions and it dows not seem to work, it adds products.. but without product name, when you clock on them it says product not found?

Does anybody know a solution?

document root from admin/includes/configure.php

temp file setting from easypopulate.php

file permissions

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/www/data/www.eware.hu/catalog/');

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

filepermission of /temp/ is 777

Yesssss!

I had a working EP on my localhost.

But the document root dir setting was different like the live shop:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);