• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

ep handles the files, it may be your server which barfs . . myst hosts choke at around 2 mb

Ok here's something new... I embedded a javascript alert in the code right after the mysql query completes just to check if it was hanging on the query.  Now After I click OK on the pop-up dialog the Create options work.  How weird??

the Download options fail because setting a javascript alert sets the headers which causes "Stream option" to error out since "Headers were already sent"

So call it a work around... why would the pop-up fix the create options?? anyone with inside info?

BTW the resulting froogle txt file is about 1.8MB does EP handle files of this size ok???  sorry for the newbie question but I'm digging here.

Mibble,

I will go ahead (after I make backup copies of the files & database) and install the Option Type Feature contribution.

I'm not too good at the tweaking, so I may be back to ask some questions.

Thank you so very much for your opinion. I have been asking this question in various places for several days now without a response anywhere.

I appreciate your time.

Lobo

I got a strange problem uploading attributes.

First I uploaded all sizes and everything went well. Then I went to upload colors and I got a perfect response from easy populate like this

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVdxnhw

User filename: sweetEasyPopCOLOR.txt

Size: 155569

| 4508 | 2 | Color | 9 | | Black | 10 | | White | 11 | | Red | 12 | | Royal | 13 | | Blue | 14 | | Pink | 15 | | Purple | 16 | | Teal | 17 | | Orange | 18 | | Silver | 19 | | Gold | 20 | | Jade | 21 | | Nude | 22 | | Beige | 23 | | Teal rose | 24 | | Black/Silv | 25 | | Black/Whit | 26 | | White/Blac | 27 | | Ivory | 28 | | Lavender | 29 | | Cocoa | 30 | | Chartruese | 31 | | Black/Roya | 32 | | Lime | 33 | | Leopard | 34 | | Zebra | 35 | | Cream | 36 | | Black/Gold | 37 | | White/Silv | 38 | | Red/Black | 39 | | White/Red | 40 | | Lilac | 55 | 0 | as shown Updated

| 4508X | 2 | Color | 9 | | Black | 10 | | White | 11 | | Red | 12 | | Royal | 13 | | Blue | 14 | | Pink | 15 | | Purple | 16 | | Teal | 17 | | Orange | 18 | | Silver | 19 | | Gold | 20 | | Jade | 21 | | Nude | 22 | | Beige | 23 | | Teal rose | 24 | | Black/Silv | 25 | | Black/Whit | 26 | | White/Blac | 27 | | Ivory | 28 | | Lavender | 29 | | Cocoa | 30 | | Chartruese | 31 | | Black/Roya | 32 | | Lime | 33 | | Leopard | 34 | | Zebra | 35 | | Cream | 36 | | Black/Gold | 37 | | White/Silv | 38 | | Red/Black | 39 | | White/Red | 40 | | Lilac | 55 | 0 | as shown Updated

but nothing is changed in the DB. There are no colors anywhere. I thought there maybe was too many rows or columns so I tried to import just one color for one product and still I got nothing into the DB.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Ok here's something new... I embedded a javascript alert in the code right after the mysql query completes just to check if it was hanging on the query.  Now After I click OK on the pop-up dialog the Create options work.  How weird??

the Download options fail because setting a javascript alert sets the headers which causes "Stream option" to error out since "Headers were already sent"

So call it a work around... why would the pop-up fix the create options?? anyone with inside info?

BTW the resulting froogle txt file is about 1.8MB does EP handle files of this size ok???  sorry for the newbie question but I'm digging here.

:P hi all,

when I installed and run (choose the easypopulate within the admin screen. it appear the following.)

500 Server Error

The web server encountered an error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. If this error persists, please contact the webmaster, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

any config is necessary? since I already setup the temp folder for the .php file

and set 777 to the temp file.

Tks~

:rolleyes:

I am trying EP for the first time and from what i can see on the admin panel I am using EP 2.75

Looking at the sample file in the contrib and an exported file of my current products, i came up with an excel template to create the file I need.

I am trying to send new products and run in the following error message :

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVXIYlk
User filename: EPAtest.txt
Size: 1789
| CHB1111 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | test 1 | Blue topaz | | | | 0 | test 1 | traduction | | | | 0 | 4.90 | 0 | 31/01/2005 | 31/01/2005 | 1 | 0 | Bijoux | Colliers | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active

No products_id field in record. This line was not imported

the header for this file are as follow:

v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_image_med	v_products_image_lrg	v_products_image_sm_1	v_products_image_xl_1	v_products_image_sm_2	v_products_image_xl_2	v_products_image_sm_3	v_products_image_xl_3	v_products_image_sm_4	v_products_image_xl_4	v_products_image_sm_5	v_products_image_xl_5	v_products_image_sm_6	v_products_image_xl_6	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_head_title_tag_1	v_products_head_desc_tag_1	v_products_head_keywords_tag_1	v_products_name_2	v_products_description_2	v_products_url_2	v_products_head_title_tag_2	v_products_head_desc_tag_2	v_products_head_keywords_tag_2	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_categories_name_4	v_categories_name_5	v_categories_name_6	v_categories_name_7	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR

If i try to add v_products_id as the first column and leave all values empty i get the following error:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpRmo3dU
User filename: EPA_Split1.txt
Size: 1828
| CHB1111 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | test 1 | Blue topaz | | | | 0 | test 1 | traduction | | | | 0 | 4.90 | 0 | 31/01/2005 | 31/01/2005 | 1 | 0 | Bijoux | Colliers | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | | !New Product!
1054 - Unknown column 'CHB1111' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM products_description WHERE products_id = CHB1111 AND language_id = 1

So what am i ding wrong ? Is it because some of the column header I use dont have value against them ..should i simple remove them ?

Any help would be appreciated :)

products_id is internal to ep and the os, what all have you modified in the easypopulate.php program? if you just modify the temp path first, then download, that is what easypoulate sees. then, if you need to add additional fields you can do so.

however YOU CAN NOT assign the product id.

Well thats the thing, I havent asign product id. i did exactly what you are saying, downloaded it, use this to put in new products NOT already in the database. If i leave the products_id header and data empty I get an error, if i remove the column entirely i get another error ...

I know I cant assign the product it and I do not, my first column with data is the product reference (ie: v_products_model)

Hiya Thanks for reply.

10 lines either side.

Cheers

EF

if ($localfile){

// move the file to where we can work with it

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl'); $attribute_options_query = "select distinct products_options_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " order by products_options_id";

$attribute_options_values = tep_db_query($attribute_options_query);

$attribute_options_count = 1;

//while ($attribute_options = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_options_values)){

if (is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($file, DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir);

}

echo "<p class=smallText>";

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

// get the entire file into an array

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $localfile);

}

// now we string the entire thing together in case there were carriage returns in the data

$newreaded = "";

foreach ($readed as $read){

$newreaded .= $read;

}

// now newreaded has the entire file together without the carriage returns.

// if for some reason excel put qoutes around our EOREOR, remove them then split into rows

$newreaded = str_replace('"EOREOR"', 'EOREOR', $newreaded);

$readed = explode( $separator . 'EOREOR',$newreaded);

Hello, I'm working on my first EP setup. I'm having problems when adding the file to the database. I'm getting no errors and no feedback from the DB. Below is what i see when i attempt both options. If you think it's a User error please let me know, i am very new to EP. :P

------------------

Upload EP File:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDKBKw3

User filename: cincity.txt

Size: 704

------------------

Import from Temp Dir (/temp/)

Filename: cincity.txt

------------------

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by StephenJacob

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been using EP for about a year with no problems. A few days ago we had a hard drive crash and once I restored the backup EP will no longer process the files, I get the exact same output as above.

is there any solution to the large files issue? Our suppliers list is around 25000 products, currently i have to split that into 2 files just to be able to use the split features, and im left with around 100 files to upload manually.

Can anyone suggest a way to automate uploading the split files? or even code a new feature that looks for all the split files in the temp directory then uploads them one at a time?

any suggestions / comments?

:)