• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Howdy all,

I am using easy populate to manage a site with a lot of product changes. And it works very well. Thank you for the contrib.

Recently, I added a contrib. to the site called "Ultimate SEO URLs" and it works great also. But, after using easy populate to add some new products to the site, I noticed that they weren't getting the new url's. This is do to the fact that "Ultimate SEO URLs" uses a file that contains the categories and products. This needs to be regenerated after using Easy populate.

So, this is what I added to the bottom of the easypopulate.php file.

require('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');

Now the bottom of the file lookes like this.

// end of row insertion code
}

require('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Thanks again for the great contrib.

Paul

Ultimate SEO URLs - Chemo, cName Reloaded ... v2.X is born!

They are but it appears to be only reading the first 8 characters from each row hence the above the EOREOR are there but it reads the first line hits EOR, then reads the first 8 characters moves to the next line reads 8 characters, moves to the next line, etc never reading the EOREORs

any ideas anybody? could someone send me a copy of their product file. When i do an export, and reimport it similarly fails

Hi, all I have a problem that surfaced "after" moving from one server to another.

Any download option in EP results in a "LONG DELAY" and eventually a file not found or DNS Error.

I've checked temp file and set chmod to 777 but it still happens... I even downloaded the latest version and no help running on OSC 2.2 - MS2

thoughts? suggestions?

catalog is in root of site so it looks more or less like this...

<root dir>

includes

admin

temp

I even tried intentionally setting the $tempdir to something non-existent but I don't get an error the site just clocks away and eventually the DNS error... this is really frustrating...

I have a client that REALLY needs to use the froogle download option but we are dead in the water right now HELP?!

could be a document root error, an incorrect path, etc.

go to tools/server info and search for document_root and see what that is. then check your configure.php and make sure they match, exactly.

the froogle section of this needs a few modifications, have you used it before?

Regent's to Regent\'s

Hi there

I have tried this once and it doesnt' work... It creates another manufactuers with the same name

I had manufacturer = King's Cross

it create manfuactuer = King's Cross

the same..

Does anyone have the same problem? does anyone upload a manufactuer that has apostrophy?

Thanks

Salvo

Hi, all I have a problem that surfaced "after" moving from one server to another. 

Any download option in EP results in a "LONG DELAY" and eventually a file not found or DNS Error.

I've checked temp file and set chmod to 777 but it still happens... I even downloaded the latest version and no help running on OSC 2.2 - MS2

thoughts? suggestions?

catalog is in root of site so it looks more or less like this...

<root dir>

includes

admin

temp

I even tried intentionally setting the $tempdir to something non-existent but I don't get an error the site just clocks away and eventually the DNS error... this is really frustrating... 

I have a client that REALLY needs to use the froogle download option but we are dead in the water right now HELP?!

I am dealing with the same problem - have you found a solution yet?

Quick question. I'm helping someone with their oscommerce site and its been a while since i've done a lot of SQL work.

What I would like to do is populate the product_model field with a number for each product. Just generate 1 through whatever (there are over 5000 products) so that I can then download the easypopulate CSV file to do some mass edits and then upload.

Is there a lone sql string which can complete this task (using mysql).

OK..im not a big programmer but after 72 hours straight of hacking away and reading all these threads...i ve come to this.

1 first off make sure permissions are set to 777 for the temp or tmp folder.

2 Read the error messages as they have the routing info that EP is trying to use. IE. if you do not have a catalog folder like myself then you should not see /catalog/temp/ as the area EP is trying to write to.

3 you should also not see //catalog/temp/ as it terminates the routing also.

4 you may have your temp folder outside of the "catalog" like myself..... and are stuggling to figure out how to redirect EP to use the external temp folder.

youll notice that the error message always kicks it out to a different location after the first two temp folder access attemps fail.

5 I have inserted the temp folder in the directory while maintianing a tmp folder outside of "catalog".......this equated to a bad sessions error....i think in part due to all the temp folders....or my 72hours of hacking at it.

Final question to add......

My server has its tmp folder outside of the program in the root of the server.....Yet my oscommerce is located in /public_html/ (public_html has replaced catalog ...which i spent an hour looking for).

<b>So how do i write the directions to my tmp folder in EP config.php to point to that file outside of oscommerce....<b/>

...this is think is what has happend to everyone....at least after looking at the tons of post with all the error messages.

(mind you i did get it to work by inserting a temp folder where the error message said it was looking for it......then uploaded a bunch only later to end up with the cache session error upon restarting my admin section.)

Edited by prluv516

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with Easypopulate, in that after installation (and following installation directions, and going throught the easypopulate.php line by line), nothing on the page appears to actually be doing anything except refreshing the page.

current version of osc

php v. 4.1.2-7

777 perms on /catalog/temp

The only thing I can think that may be causing in issue at this point, is that OSC is installed in www/oscomm/ directory. But then again, I would certainly expect an error return if that is the problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

myst problems are associated with the location and properties of the temp folder in your document root. to move the temp outside of the root would require modifications of the easypopulate.php file, read the code and you fill find where it is at.

myst problems are associated with the location and properties of the temp folder in your document root.  to move the temp outside of the root would require modifications of the easypopulate.php file, read the code and you fill find where it is at.

Problem solved......refer to my summary post above.

i just put a temp folder inside of my OSC dir. the one thing i ensured was a different name was used.....IE my TMP folder is outside the OSC dir so inside i was able to put a TEMP folder with full rights.

I opted for this rather than rewriting huge code lines.....that and i dont know how.

i figured keep it simple.

For some reason whenever I try to upload a file I get this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpco3lIB

User filename: bestop_Jan_23.csv

Size: 103012

| 39327-?? | /bestop_se | BESTOP AQU | TrailMax? | www.bestop | 296.94 | 1 | | | | 5 | Color | 51 | 0 | Black 01 | 77 | 0 | Spice 37 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Bestop | Seats | | | 0 | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| "39334-? | "39335-? | "39336-? | "39337-? | "39346-? | "39347-? | "39736-? | "39746-? | "51253-0 | "51254-0 | "51255-0 | "51256-0 | "39321-? | "39323-? | "39331-? |

I've chopped off all the other part numbers as they are basically the same.

------------------------

I don't know how to word this in terms of doing a search of this forum. All my files are doing the same thing. Even those that I've not modified recently. These files worked at one time. Anyone?

Thanks,

Jerry

For some reason whenever I try to upload a file I get this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpco3lIB

User filename: bestop_Jan_23.csv

Size: 103012

| 39327-?? | /bestop_se | BESTOP AQU | TrailMax? | www.bestop | 296.94 | 1 | | | | 5 | Color | 51 | 0 | Black 01 | 77 | 0 | Spice 37 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Bestop | Seats | | | 0 | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| "39334-? | "39335-? | "39336-? | "39337-? | "39346-? | "39347-? | "39736-? |

I figured it out. It seems that Easy Populate doesn't play well with PHP5. I never did find the fix that people were refering to.

Jerry

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

I am getting this error while using the easypopulate contribute. This did work, I hadn't used it in a while and now it doesn't work.

Here is the full error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/c/controlsyslabs/htdocs/oscommerce/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1812

I also read that the php.ini file was updated and downloaded the lastest version and that did not make a difference.

Thank you for any help.

~ J ~

I am dealing with the same problem - have you found a solution yet?

No luck.. I even tried modifying the php.ini to increase the maximum amount of time a php script is allowed to run... the code runs for a longer time but still results in a DNS error...

I don't get any of the standard PHP type error messages that would hint that this is a permissions problem. BTW. DNS error only happens with IE 6. Firefox just sits there processing and then gives up no error message, just nothing happens...

I'm am really frustrated by this one and my client needs that froogle data badly...

More info the following download and create links complete successfully from the EP interface in admin:

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Create Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

But the others all fail with DNS errors!

Any theories??? all are appreciated.

No luck.. I even tried modifying the php.ini to increase the maximum amount of time a php script is allowed to run... the code runs for a longer time but still results in a DNS error...

I don't get any of the standard PHP type error messages that would hint that this is a permissions problem.  BTW. DNS error only happens with IE 6.  Firefox just sits there processing and then gives up no error message, just nothing happens...

I'm am really frustrated by this one and my client needs that froogle data badly... 

More info the following download and create links complete successfully from the EP interface in admin:

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Create Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

But the others all fail with DNS errors!

Any theories??? all are appreciated.

Ok here's something new... I embedded a javascript alert in the code right after the mysql query completes just to check if it was hanging on the query. Now After I click OK on the pop-up dialog the Create options work. How weird??

the Download options fail because setting a javascript alert sets the headers which causes "Stream option" to error out since "Headers were already sent"

So call it a work around... why would the pop-up fix the create options?? anyone with inside info?

BTW the resulting froogle txt file is about 1.8MB does EP handle files of this size ok??? sorry for the newbie question but I'm digging here.

A new question: (hopefully on the right thread)

Will Easypopulate with Attributes properly download/upload the attributes created with the contribution entitled: "Product Attributes - Option Type Feature"

A link to this contribution is HERE

This is a question for someone who is familiar with how Easypopulate queries the database to prepare a download text file.

I have gotten EasyPopulate to work properly and I want to install the contribution above, but am hesitant until I hear an opinion on this question.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Lobo

Hi Guy's. I have been trying to get my Easy Populate to work (which it does) but I cannot upload the RRP column. I got this addon written for my db tables, and have tried to edit the easypopulate.php, but it still doesn't work. I get the following error. Any help would be great. Thanks

I've got 2.74

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php4lByXp

User filename: product_upload.txt

Size: 3851

| 6568826568 | 6568826568 | Adrianne V | | | 56.50 | 150.00 | 0 | | | 100 | Adrianne V | Women's | | | --none-- | Active Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '" ,products_image="656882656810.jpg", products_weight="0", products_tax_class_id' at line 3

UPDATE products SET products_price="56.5" ,products_rrp=150.00" ,products_image="656882656810.jpg", products_weight="0", products_tax_class_id="", products_date_available= NULL, products_date_added= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="100" ,manufacturers_id=1 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "207")

[TEP STOP]

you have a syntax error dealing with:

rrp=150.00"

note only a single set of quotes

Hi Guy's. I have been trying to get my Easy Populate to work (which it does) but I cannot upload the RRP column. I got this addon written for my db tables, and have tried to edit the easypopulate.php, but it still doesn't work. I get the following error. Any help would be great. Thanks

I've got 2.74

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php4lByXp

User filename: product_upload.txt

Size: 3851

| 6568826568 | 6568826568 | Adrianne V | | | 56.50 | 150.00 | 0 | | | 100 | Adrianne V | Women's | | | --none-- | Active Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '" ,products_image="656882656810.jpg", products_weight="0", products_tax_class_id' at line 3

UPDATE products SET products_price="56.5" ,products_rrp=150.00" ,products_image="656882656810.jpg", products_weight="0", products_tax_class_id="", products_date_available= NULL, products_date_added= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="100" ,manufacturers_id=1 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "207")

[TEP STOP]

everything should, you may have to do a bit of tweaking

A new question:  (hopefully on the right thread)

Will Easypopulate with Attributes properly download/upload the attributes created with the contribution entitled:  "Product Attributes - Option Type Feature" 

A link to this contribution is HERE

This is a question for someone who is familiar with how Easypopulate queries the database to prepare a download text file.

I have gotten EasyPopulate to work properly and I want to install the contribution above, but am hesitant until I hear an opinion on this question.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Lobo