• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

the price you place in ep, if you have display prices with tax set to true, ends up being the overall price. you are better off setting it to false, then enabling once online. without seeing how the database took the data will be tough to troubheshoot.

Hi all

I hv EP installed.

it works fine.

But in my DB, I have added a column called LIST PRICE (other than the actual price) to show the savings that user gets.

when I download the TAB DELIMITED file, I dont get this column displayed in EXCEL.

whats wrong..?

any suggestions ?

I ave noticed a bug in the easypopulate with attributes attributes section where by if a minus value is used then the upload gives the prefix - and also the price with a - which displays as -?-100.00 instead of -?100

In the tab delimited file the cell shows :

=--100.00

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

the price you place in ep, if you have display prices with tax set to true, ends up being the overall price.  you are better off setting it to false, then enabling once online.  without seeing how the database took the data will be tough to troubheshoot.

I have now set them to false... nothing happened

It's like if it was ignoring everything but I changed the maxrecs just to see if something happened and it did so I believe easypopulate works... what I don't understand is why doesn't make the records active all the prices are shown as 0,00 and the images don't appear...

I'm all puzzled not knowing what to do...

When I import the file all seems to work out fine:

Filename: EP_Split1.txt

| 1 | 7MONOS/193 | 7 MONOS | 1930 LOS A | 1.95 | --ninguno- | UNICO | JUAN PEDRO | COMIC BOOK | 24 | BN | | | COMICS | EUROPEO | ESPA&Ntild | AVENTURAS | CASTELLANO | | | | | Active | | | | | 1 | 12/1/04 00 !New Product!

as I can see the price 1.95 as well as Active and the correct path to the image... but I have no clue of where is the problem... (just trying to give more details...)

Hi Mibble,

It's the "FROM products as p" at line 8 - portion of the error that I'm trying to locate. Where is that line of code ? In which file(s) is it normally in ? I can't find it anywhere to even check it. I have not ever added any fields to easypopulate myself. I do have the vendor contrib installed which provides new columns. Everything was working fine though.

By array, are you referring to the EP exported file? I can get it to export without attributes only right now.

The only difference is that I attached attributes to products through admin panel for the very first time. Now it won't export attributes and gives me the 1064 sql error.

Should I delete all products and readd the EP file with attributes at this point? Or, is there a way to fix this? I would rather not do so, as it means double work redoing some attributes. Shop's in final development phase so no effect on customers. I had no problems when adding attributes to the EP file and uploading it. Is there a maximum number of attributes that it will export? I tried the option to only download 'COLOR' and that did not work though. I only have about 9 pages of attributes options (at the very top right hand side).

The only thing else I've done was utilize Contribution #1832, Attributes Search, which is merely a function to bring up the product in admin. No database changes were made. Is that the problem do you think, something with that? However, I tried exporting attributes without that contrib and it still doesn't export the attributes. Now, in using that, i quickly noticed you can simply change the item number in the url address bar to pull up the product, a short-cut of sorts, so i did do that. Do you think it somehow didn't agree with the database to do that to add attributes (instead of formally 'searching' the database)?

Here was your reply earlier, just for ease of reference...

Brainbabe, where you added the your extra fields, you have coding wrong. check around line 200, in your array, to see what you have setup, and all through out the code where you added the different fields.

Hi all,

I have installed this great contribution (v. 2.74) and seems to work very fine to me.

But I'm having a very little problem, and I didnt find the solution yet.

The problem is:

I use HTML code in product description.

But when I upload the txt file through the Admin, all the quotes (") are changed to numeric references, in this case

& #34;

(I left withe spaces between characters because if I write the numeric references as they are, this forum will parse them as (").

So, my code is rendered wrong.

For example:

In my txt file, i have a chunk of line like this:

<span class="special">blablabla</span>

after I upload the file, that line is converted to:

<span class=& #34;special& #34;>blablabla</span>

?Maybe I should use escape characters before the quotes?

I mean, for example:

<span class=\"special\">blablabla</span>

I didnt try it yet, but I think this will cause a "problem": each time I download the EP txt file to edit it, I will have to add the escape character (\).

I wont like to do that.

I will apreciate your comments. Thank all very much, and excuse my poor english.

But when I upload the txt file through the Admin, all the quotes (") are changed to  numeric references, in this case & #34;

Try this: "your text here"

" = "

Hope this solves your problem.

Hi!

First, I hope this is the right place to post this. Please forgive me if it's not!

I just installed EP on my ecommerce site as per the instructions provided with the download.

I am at the point where I am trying to "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit". I keep clicking on the link and getting a Page Not Found error.

Have I done something wrong or missed something in my installation?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark

sounds like possibly a permission error, how do you have the temp files setup?

Hi, wow quick reply!

The TEMP directory is set at 777. It's a subdirectory of 'catalog'. There are no files in the temp directory. This is my first attempt to download my current products.

I guess I should clarify that I am a novice at this. :-"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

HI, I FOUND WHERE THE CODE IS IN EASYPOPULATE.PHP -- ON LINE 1230 -- THOUGH ALMOST EXACT IN MANY PLACES IT APPEAR TO BE EXACT ONLY IN THIS ONE PLACE

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS PORTION ???

FROM

".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p

IT'S NOT THE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ERROR - ERROR SAID "FROM products as p" as being where the problem is

HERE'S THE PARAGRAPH ENTIRELY, STARTS LINE 1230 IN MY FILE.

$attribute_options_count++;

}

$filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, $header_array);

//Vendors mod

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.vendors_id as v_vendors_id,

p.vendors_product_price as v_vendors_product_price,

p.vendors_prod_id as v_vendors_prod_id,

p.vendors_prod_comments as v_vendors_prod_comments,

FROM

".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p

";

break;

// VJ product attributes end

}

$filelayout_count = count($filelayout);

Try this: "your text here"

" = "

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks for replying me.

I have tried that, but it doesnt work.

What I need is that EP doesnt change the quotes (") INSIDE an HTML tag.

Example:

<span class="special">this "word" is between quotes</span>

I dont care about the quotes in the text, like the ones in "word".

But I care about the quotes in the class attribute (").

There, I cannot code them as numeric (& #34;) nor entities (& quot;) codes.

Any solution?.

I think I found the solution.

I should read manuals (I love read manuals, but I cant memorize everything) BEFORE posting..

From EP Manual.

"Controlling replacement of the quotation marks in the descriptions:

If you want to turn off the conversion of single and double quotation marks in your descriptions, set the $replace_quotes variable to false.  Default is true."

Now... I have to try it.

I have OSC with easypopulate 2.74 contribution installed on a remote BSDserver and works like as it should. But it wont work on my local windows xp test-enviroment. If I tried to download or create a complete EP file its always returns with this error no matter how long the execution time was. 30, 60 or 120 sec.
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 37

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Any idea?

sounds like the temp file is not setup properly for the windows server, try just /temp/ and see what happens,

You mean:

Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (temp/)

Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Or something else I should do?

I ave noticed a bug in the easypopulate with attributes attributes section where by if a minus value is used then the upload gives the prefix - and also the price with a - which displays as -?-100.00 instead of -?100

In the tab delimited file the cell shows :

=--100.00

Steve,

I'm not positive this will work for you, but for me, since EP was adding in the "-" sign to both the value and the other field that actually contains it, the easiest thing to do once you've imported all your EP values, is to run this query:

update products_attributes set options_values_price = ABS(options_values_price)

It will return the absolute value of the price, deleting any instance of a negative sign. Since the negative sign will still be in the other field that holds it, your price should show up correctly.

At least that's how it works with mine - YMMV. Back up first.

Jacob

Steve,

I'm not positive this will work for you, but for me, since EP was adding in the "-" sign to both the value and the other field that actually contains it, the easiest thing to do once you've imported all your EP values, is to run this query:

update products_attributes set options_values_price = ABS(options_values_price)

It will return the absolute value of the price, deleting any instance of a negative sign. Since the negative sign will still be in the other field that holds it, your price should show up correctly.

At least that's how it works with mine - YMMV. Back up first.

Jacob

Thanks for the heads up on that, however I will need to work on something more permanent for the client whom will not want or know how to run sql queries. :thumbsup:

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Hello to all, maybe someone can help me. I had easy populate working a long time ago but as I got more products it stopped working for me, since I couldnt download or upload anymore - the file was too large and it would time out. Then I have a problem with the date format that I still havent figured out YYYY-MM-DD is that right??

Well my question is I installed the newest version by just overwriting my old EP 2.71 with the new files, I now get these errors when trying to upload a test file with only one product in it to determine if my dates are working correctly

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog//mall/catalog/temp/test.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpQD3ykt' to '/home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog//mall/catalog/temp/test.txt' in /home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQD3ykt
User filename: test.txt
Size: 169

Warning: file(/home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog//mall/catalog/temp/test.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

Any ideas where to start??

Also, now when I download a complete file to edit and open in excel I get the price with tax (I think) in "v_product_price" 

I just turn off tax in EP?

oops, I fixed that, I read it to quick and thought it asked if I was using tax in oscommerce.. I have been at this thing all night

this:

'/home/warrior007/www/mall/catalog//mall/catalog/temp/test.txt'

where you have two // after catalog means your document root ends with a / in your configure.php file, and ep (and just about anything else) dont like that, so remove the / and your site should be a bit better. strange tho, as to why you have two mall/catalog, so do me a favor, post what you have in your document root for configure.php and also in the admin section, click on tools/server info and search for document root and paste that here.

Hi all,

I have an OSC SHop with EP 2.74 installed. EP works fine and there is no dount on that.

But the problem I face is :

I have TWO EXTRA fields on the DB - Market Price, Delivery Time

and also my categories level (depth) goes upto 7 levels

eg..

office > essentials > paper > envelope > f4 > Color >

something like that.

the thing with EP is - the TAB LIMITED file that is downloaded only has the default format and it does not have the additional FIELDS that are in the DB and also category level is only THREE.

Please help me to sort out this.

Awaiting reply

Thanks

Venkat