• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

can you post the whole error? and is this when you are running ep?

Hey Guys,

I went to upload some more products and i'm now getting this error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'brmdk9r-100', '3295', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0' at line 43

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gary Osterholt

can you post the whole error?  and is this when you are running ep?

Here is what i get with EP when I upload and just change the downloaded file.

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpI192J0
User filename: catalogdatabase.txt
Size: 4775
| PC-SWAT3 | sierra/swa | SWAT 3: Cl | Windows 95 | www.swat3. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 79.99 | 7 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 16 | | Software | Simulation | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| PC-UNTM | gt_interac | Unreal Tou | From the c | www.unreal | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 89.99 | 7 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 13 | GT Interac | Software | Action | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| PC-TWOF | gt_interac | The Wheel | The world | www.wheelo | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 99.99 | 10 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 16 | GT Interac | Software | Strategy | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| PC-DISC | gt_interac | Disciples: | A new age | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 90 | 8 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 17 | GT Interac | Software | Strategy | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Here is when I try to add a product to the downloaded file.

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpxazlo2
User filename: catalogdatabasenew.txt
Size: 12137
| PC-SWAT3 | sierra/swa | SWAT 3: Cl | Windows 95 | www.swat3. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 79.99 | 7 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 16 | Sierra | Software | Simulation | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| PC-UNTM | gt_interac | Unreal Tou | From the c | www.unreal | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 89.99 | 7 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 13 | GT Interac | Software | Action | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| PC-TWOF | gt_interac | The Wheel | The world | www.wheelo | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 99.99 | 10 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 16 | GT Interac | Software | Strategy | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| PC-DISC | gt_interac | Disciples: | A new age | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 90 | 8 | 0000-00-00 | 12/1/2004 | 17 | GT Interac | Software | Strategy | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| brmdk9r-10 | brmchassis | BRM DK9 10 | BRM DK9 10 | | | | brmchassis | brmchassis | brmchassis | brmchassis | brmchassis | brmchassis | | | | | | | 3295 | 0 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 10 | BRM Racing | BRM Racing | Chassis | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'brmdk9r-100', '3295', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0' at line 43

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_lrg, products_image_sm_1, products_image_xl_1, products_image_sm_2, products_image_xl_2, products_image_sm_3, products_image_xl_3, products_image_sm_4, products_image_xl_4, products_image_sm_5, products_image_xl_5, products_image_sm_6, products_image_xl_6, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'brmchassis/brmdk9-100ccracing.jpg', '', '', 'brmchassis/brmdk9-100ccracing.jpg', 'brmchassis/brmdk9-100ccracing.jpg', 'brmchassis/dk9-100cc3.jpg', 'brmchassis/dk9-100cc3.jpg', 'brmchassis/mastercylinder.jpg', 'brmchassis/mastercylinder.jpg', '', '', '', '', '', ' 'brmdk9r-100', '3295', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", "0000-00-00 00:00:00", '1', '0', '10', '10') 

[TEP STOP]

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Gary Osterholt

why this?

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_image

this is inserting two products_image and there is only one field and it is throwing things off.

if you use intert into table name it should be with values, ie insert into products values (

Ok, first off i just installed this, i think i have it working properly. I think my problem is i'm having a format from my txt file or it's a database permission error. Basically i'm able to download the sample file, i can edit it, but when i upload it, this is what it shows.

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/php1Ji2pn
User filename: EP2004Dec01-2210TEST.txt
Size: 2380

And that is it. There is no text undearneath it. I'm using excel to edit the file. Then i'm saving it as a .txt, tab delited. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ok now that i see your error, in your easypopulate.php about 20 lines or so down, is a path to the temp files, what do u have there?

if your site is in catalog then try '/catalog/temp'

if it doubles up, then /temp/

different combos since i dont know your document root path

ok now that i see your error, in your easypopulate.php about 20 lines or so down, is a path to the temp files, what do u have there?

if your site is in catalog then try '/catalog/temp'

if it doubles up, then /temp/

different combos since i dont know your document root path

ah HA! that fixed it. Now we have a new issue, but this is somthing that is d/b related. I got this error.

13AMP-ENG-100BK... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.
12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.
Your maximum product_model length is set to 12
You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

How do i set the parameters for this? Is it in the osc admin? I'll look for it. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Im Having problems, Ive been using easypopulate for a while and its great, but now ive got too many attributes (more than 256 columns) so I tried to take a whole set of attributes 'the Sizes' out of the spreadsheet and put them into a different spreadsheet and added 'v_products_model' in the 1st column and EOREOR

in the last, when I tried to update the database using this new file it changes things such as dates available to todays dates and does not make any updates, the original file updates everything other than the attributes after where the size attributes were.

Am I doing this wrong? please help,

Thanks,

Richard

use quattropro 12, it will go beyond the 255 limitation of excel.

I haven't got a copy, how much does it cost? or is it open source?

According to some of the posts in this theard it should be possible to use seperate sheets with excel? I don't need to download the products just upload them, I am a programmer so if its complicated I should be able to do it,

Thanks,

Richard

yes, you can use separate files with excel, (cant use the same excel with multiple sheets) with ep. and you can go into the easypopulate.php file and download the various options one at a time by setting that part of easypopulate

quattropro is not free, can get it by searching the net, there is a 30 day trial i am not even sure of the price.

Hey, I don't think this is a bug but I figured I'd mention it anyway....

I downloaded this module and installed it, yet another fantastic module to add to my precious cart (probably the most time saving, thank you for all the hard work!!) When I downloaded my catalog, I had no model #'s for my products (I did read about that in the read me) So I filled them all in, made my other changes and reuploaded them. What happened was that I had 2 copies of all my products, the ones that weren't edited and the ones I just edited. I'm pretty sure this is because I didn't have a model number to begin with, so instead of overwriting the products it inserted them as new ones. Just thought you would find the behavoir interesting.

Again, Great contrib, saved me a A** load of time. Thanks!

Edited by discomonkey

Hi,

I have the EP system working beautifully, but today I tried modifying attributes through the admin panel (instead of changing the txt file and uploaded attribute changes). I get this error message and I've never seen it before, but it does seem to relate to the vendor email contribution that i have installed, but the problem and error message occurred when I clicked to "create model/attributes tab-delimited text file in temp folder"...

I'm not sure what to do, EP will no longer export the full file with attributes. I added a bunch and assigned attributes to products in admin panel before this happened..

Pleaes advise. Thank you very much. EP is terrific, just looks like something happened, pleae let me know what i've done and how to fix it.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM products as p' at line 8

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.vendors_id as v_vendors_id, p.vendors_product_price as v_vendors_product_price, p.vendors_prod_id as v_vendors_prod_id, p.vendors_prod_comments as v_vendors_prod_comments, FROM products as p

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

I had a strange problem with Easypopulate only loading the first line of the file.

I understood from another member that this is due to me using PhP 5.0.

Are there any plans to fix this (soon :-" )?

I'm having this problem too.

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace by this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk'); 
 foreach ($readed as $readed_record) { 
   walk($readed_record); 
 }

Enjoy!

I have OSC with easypopulate 2.74 contribution installed on a remote BSDserver and works like as it should. But it wont work on my local windows xp test-enviroment. If I tried to download or create a complete EP file its always returns with this error no matter how long the execution time was. 30, 60 or 120 sec.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 37

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Any idea?

Hey mibble, this mod is great but I am having problems that I hope you can help me with.

I downloaded and installed EP about 10 months ago, it did say 2.72 on the folder but when I installed it the ep page tells me 2.71.

My main problem is, whenever I download the model,price,qty text to edit and open in Excel it works fine, I do have some duplicates but that is my own problem. When I change my quantities to what I have in stock and reupload EP changes the date that the product was entered, and it will have all the products at the bottom of the oscommerce main page as "upcoming products".. all I want to do is keep them the way they are and update the quantities or prices?!

For some reason it overwrites the date tables or something, even though I didnt input anything for them, only model,price,quantity

Should I upgrade to the newest? will it be difficult or just swapping out files?

Edited by mike9999

Hi, when I click to "create model/attributes tab-delimited text file in temp folder"... I get an error message and it won't download the full file with attributes either. It did so yesterday, I attached some attributes to products today via admin panel. QUESTION IS: where is the code at that I need to modify? Is it in the database or in a file?

HERE IS THE ERROR MESSAGE

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM products as p' at line 8

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.vendors_id as v_vendors_id, p.vendors_product_price as v_vendors_product_price, p.vendors_prod_id as v_vendors_prod_id, p.vendors_prod_comments as v_vendors_prod_comments, FROM products as p

[TEP STOP]

Brainbabe, looks like you have an errant ' somewhere in your code

Check line 8, near "FROM products as p" the problem will be right after the p, since thats where it stops.

Edited by mike9999

Brainbabe, where you added the your extra fields, you have coding wrong. check around line 200, in your array, to see what you have setup, and all through out the code where you added the different fields.

Thanks for your answer John!

this is the support thread for easypopulate:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64945

Sorry about that...

in osCommerce by default images go into the images directory. thus easypopulate follows suit, and if you place an image in the image field of ep, it goes there. if you want it to go elsewhere, in your case to MYSUBFOLDER, you put MYSUBFOLDER/MYIMAGE.JPG in the field and then osCommerce sees the image. and as you have them in caps, you have to ftp the files to the MYSUBFOLDER directory, if you ftp them to mysubfolder then osCommerce will not see them as *nix is case sensitive.

Right... that's exactly the way I did it I put MYSUBFOLDER/MYIMAGE.JPG in the image field of my spreadsheet, and I also ftp them properly in the correct subfolder all caps...

how do you have your prices in the price column?

The way I have the prices is: 3,50

aer you sure they are inactive or is it you have that section set in your configuration of the store?

Well the products won't show in the catalog unless I go to the admin section after uploading the splitted file and manually make them active by clicking the green circle, by default they are all red circles. My admin/easypopulate.php file is set like this:

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!

// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.

global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;

$active = 'Active';

//$inactive = 'Inactive';

//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet

//$zero_qty_inactive = false;

I also tried uncommenting $zero_qty_inactive = false and also changing it to true, but the result is the same. As for the price is set like this:

//**** Price includes tax? ****

// Set the v_price_with_tax to

// 0 if you want the price without the tax included

// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.

global $price_with_tax;

$price_with_tax =true;

answer in the ep support thread please.

So sorry again... it's 5:25 am here...

:'(

My store Tax decimal Places are 2, and I have the Display Prices with Tax set to true... I'll keep on trying today to make my easypopulate display the prices as well as the images and also to make the products active by default, in the meantime if anyone has some idea I'm open to all suggestions...

Thanks!