• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

you have the products model twice in your spreadsheet.  remove that column (backup your excel sheet first)

I see where u go (saw that duplicated entry on EP msg), but i checked the spreadsheet and there's only 1 product_model, and there's not duplicated the model on other columns. Maybe a duplicated entry in easypopulate.php?

It's weird, there r few lines to change... and i tested upload the EP .txt fil to anoter shop to test it, with easypopulate 2.72, and it uploaded almost right (just an error msg caused for the missed bimage field because the mod isnt installed there).

I'll replace 2.74 for 2.72 and i'll test it by now.

If i can post any extra info that could help u ... thx for ur time btw

I have Easypopulate installed and it works just fine. Now I have added some new fields in the db (eg. products_retail_price) and want to update these using Easypopulate. How do I do this? Do I merely create a field name called v_products_retail_price in the Excel spreadsheet? Do I make any changes in the easypopulate.php files?

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

[..]

I tested it. Replaced EP2.74 for 2.72 file, i modified with same 'bimage' lines, and worked perfectly. Upload everything well.. With the 2.74 just seems duplicate that model field and doesn't works. Anyway there aren't too much differences, dunno why that can happend. At least works by now :P

I have Easypopulate installed and it works just fine. Now I have added some new fields in the db (eg. products_retail_price) and want to update these using Easypopulate. How do I do this? Do I merely create a field name called v_products_retail_price in the Excel spreadsheet? Do I make any changes in the easypopulate.php files?

I've been doing something similar to fix my problem, and basically (not so easy tho) its add some lines. U could use a modified easypopulate.php with support for extea fields, and see how they r inserted, and do something similar. U should't have too much troubles inserting into database because u'll place them at product table.

Sry if im wrong :blush: but im sure a nice coder around here will explain it better.

2.74 works, there are no dups coming out of that, perhaps you modified one of the other apps someone put up there? try the one i uploaded again yesterday.

I see where u go (saw that duplicated entry on EP msg), but i checked the spreadsheet and there's only 1 product_model, and there's not duplicated the model on other columns. Maybe a duplicated entry in easypopulate.php?

It's weird, there r few lines to change... and i tested upload the EP .txt fil to anoter shop to test it, with easypopulate 2.72, and it uploaded almost right (just an error msg caused for the missed bimage field because the mod isnt installed there).

the files i added yesterday have master products, vendor email, and price break files in them. along with the standard version of easypopulate.

I tested it. Replaced  EP2.74 for 2.72 file, i modified with same 'bimage' lines, and worked perfectly. Upload everything well.. With the 2.74 just seems duplicate that model field and doesn't works. Anyway there aren't too much differences, dunno why that can happend. At least works by now  :P

I've been doing something similar to fix my problem, and basically (not so easy tho) its add some lines. U could use a modified easypopulate.php with support for extea fields, and see how they r inserted, and do something similar. U should't have too much troubles inserting into database because u'll place them at product table.

Sry if im wrong :blush: but im sure a nice coder around here will explain it better.

2.74 works, there are no dups coming out  of that, perhaps you modified one of the other apps someone put up there?  try the one i uploaded again yesterday.

I only have big_images mod, and edited the files for it (no problem about it i think, different files). I don't have master products, vendor email, and price break, but the main easypopulate.php dont have it on it (i dont have troubles on upload/download).

Now I replaced the old 2.72 for urs (the last one). What i see is that however i can upload now with 2.74 properly, when i download the EP.txt the products_bimage is empty, but the fields of database have the info. And in the attrib fields (i added to test couple attribs to products), the cost i applied to model 1 i.e it's really +24? , but in the ep.txt says 240.00 (makes a x10 on all prices). But if i upload the EP.txt with +24, it store +24 perfectly (no modification but when I downlaod). My tax in osc is set to 16%.

I already didn't checked this forum for these issues, sry if r known bugs or similar, just i already tested this. I'll read posts about it anyway.

Hello.

I have big problems with this contrubution.

I have searched and searched but I dont know what to do.

If I try to upload EP its big problems.

I have made sure the temp ic chmod 777.

now what? :(

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/domain/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004des01-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpU2jfFw' to '/home/domain/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004des01-1301.txt' in /home/domain/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpU2jfFw

User filename: EP2004des01-1301.txt

Size: 1941452

Warning: file(/home/domain/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004des01-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/domain/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

I've been doing something similar to fix my problem' date=' and basically (not so easy tho) its add some lines. U could use a modified easypopulate.php with support for extea fields, and see how they r inserted, and do something similar. U should't have too much troubles inserting into database because u'll place them at product table.

[right']<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]

Thanks for that reply. I will try that but I'm not a coder.. :'( If anyone else has a workaround, please let us have it.

Edited by Mary-at-Milton

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

I change this? To what?

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "temp/";

The README's and MANUALS are very usefull for FAQ

Fixed the download bug. My fault. I had lot of files around and i missed 2 lines. :blush:

But still looking for help on the *10 at the extra-price fields for atrrib options when i download the .txt.

Btw mibble, thx for the new 2.74 uploaded, fixed my upload problem with that version and the edits. :thumbsup:

Now I got a problem.. I downloaded, added some products and tried to upload. Now over 1000 products is missing in mye store and also my categories are acting crazy.. :(

What to do?

Im such a newbie.. sorry if any have asked this questions before but I cannot find anything regarding this :(

basically the way i have people add fields, is to search for products_image and follow that thru the code, inserting your field there (or after any field you choose) as long as you are consistent and follow the other code

Thanks for that reply. I will try that but I'm not a coder.. :'(  If anyone else has a workaround, please let us have it.

I just got an error, is this causing EP to stop uploading?

24FIAT_PUNTO_3_NO321DK.jpg... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

I'm not either, its just need compare a 'basic' easypopulate.php with on ewith any extra option to see how it works.

Anyway, did u checked this contribution?: New Fields with Easy Populate

Jose! I installed the contrib and it works! Thank you very much for that. :D :D :D

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

in easypopulate.php you have to match up your field length for model @ with what you have in your database.

I just got an error, is this causing EP to stop uploading?

24FIAT_PUNTO_3_NO321DK.jpg... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

I fixed the problem with the options_values_price fields when downloading ep .txt file. I just edited in the database the 15,4 configuration to 15,2 (maybe must it match with the one set up in Configurations menu?).

Now I download it perfectly (everything inside osc was working well) and also show + or - in the field.

Dunno why is this, but works...

PS:Glad of help Mary-Ann.

Im starting to get the hang of the programme now, but I still got some problems I cannot find answers on:

in the excell file it duplicates many products.. why?

when I upload the EP duplicate categories making the site look like a mess.

Thanks for all the help people!