• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

the reason for the bottom one is most likely you have 'white space' in the last line of your excel file..

what does the insert statement show when running the ep file?

the reason for the bottom one is most likely you have 'white space' in the last line of your excel file..

what does the insert statement show when running the ep file?

Ok for anyone else who has had the same problem as me, heres the solution.

So you know what this solution references to, I have added the original post below.

##### Original Post ####

Hi,

I'm receiving the following statement after inserting the EP File into the database.

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Also i'm loosing nearly all the products in the database.

I had 215 products before the upload and now only 10 products are showing?

Something which I have noticed is that the 10 products that I'm left with after the upload are also the 10 best products purchased on the site.

Could this be a database problem?

This is what I did after installing Easy Populate...

1. Downloaded the complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

2. Loaded this file into excel.

One thing I should mention is that the first 20 or so products did'nt have a model number but the rest of the products did. This was down to me not adding them when I first added the products.

3. I added the model numbers to the products that did'nt have one.

4. Saved this file as tab-delimited file.

5. Uploaded the ep file and then installed into the database.

I had another go but this time adding one more product to list and then sending back into the database.

Still showing the same problem?

I have spoken to Mibble on another forum and he asked if I had categories..

All the products are in categories and subcategories.

Any help with this would be great,

Gazza....

#### End ####

Ok heres the end result....

I loaded the ep file back into Excel and noticed that the 10 products that were left after uploading the file to the database were all set to -1 in the product quantity field. Thus the other remaining 205 products were set to zero.

I then changed the -1 fields to zero and uploaded the file back into the database.

Now I had no products at all in my catalog ..... This could mean only one thing.

Easy Populate was ignoring any products with zero quantity in the product quantity field.

The solution was to change the following string in easypopulate.php

// find this (line 57)

$zero_qty_inactive = true;

// change to

$zero_qty_inactive = false;

This will tell Easy Populate to ignore Products set at zero in the Product Quantity Field.

Now when I upload the ep file to the database all 215 products are showing.

The - (No products_model field in record. This line was not imported) is still showing at the bottom still, but doesn't seem to affect the outcome.

IE: I have Product Numbers and they are still present and correct in the database.

Hope this helps anyone whos had the same problem......

I can now use this great contribution at long last.. :D

Many thanks to the authors of easy populate and all that have helped.

Gazza........

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

yes, that is one of the items mentioned in the documenttation as well as the easypopulate file, which needs to be set to your site. dont forget the tax, by default it is set to true. guess i should set it to false in the file. that will have an effect on your prices.

Hi

I seem to have found a bug in EasyPopulate

When a manufacturer name includes a single quote (for example Steve's Widgets), Easy Popluate causes a SQL error when uploading the file.

Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix

The exact error message I get is..

////////////////////////////////////////////

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpSCoPNu

User filename: Price update Judys.txt

Size: 2045

| 33 | 9.22 | 100 Updated

| 32 | 9.22 | 100 Updated

| 31 | 9.22 | 98 Updated

| 30 | 9.22 | 100 Updated

| 19 | 1.9 | 100 Updated

| 20 | 5.59 | 100 Updated

| 21 | 5.59 | 100 Updated

| 22 | 4.12 | 100 Updated

| 23 | 6.09 | 100 Updated

| 24 | 7.36 | 100 Updated

| 25 | 7.36 | 100 Updated

| 26 | 6.58 | 100 Updated

| 27 | 5.89 | 100 Updated

| 28 | 6.48 | 100 Updated

| 29 | 6.48 | 100 Updated

| 18 | 3.53 | 100 Updated

| 1 | 3.87 | 100 Updated

| 1a | 3.87 | 100 Updated

| 2 | 3.87 | 100 Updated

| 3 | 5.03 | 0 Updated

| 4 | 3.87 | 100 Updated

| 5 | 3.87 | 100 Updated

| 5a | 4.64 | 100 Updated

| 6 | 4.64 | 100 Updated

| 7 | 4.43 | 100 Updated

| 8 | 5.42 | 100 Updated

| 9 | 3.91 | 101 Updated

| 10 | 3.91 | 100 Updated

| 11 | 12.79 | 0 Updated

| 12 | 12.79 | 0 Updated

| 13 | 12.76 | 0 Updated

| 14 | 12.76 | 0 Updated

| 14a | 12.76 | 100 Updated

| 15 | 3.32 | 100 Updated

| 16 | 3.32 | 100 Updated

| 17 | 3.57 | 94 Updated

| 34 | 9.22 | 100 Updated

| 35 | 9.22 | 100 Updated

| 36 | 7.87 | 100 Updated

| 37 | 7.87 | 100 Updated

| 38 | 7.87 | 100 Updated

| 39 | 7.87 | 100 Updated

| 40 | 1.25 | 100 Updated

| 41 | 7.01 | 100 Updated

| 43 | 3.67 | 100 Updated

| 44 | 2.27 | 100 Updated

| 45 | 7.01 | 100 Updated

| 46 | 2.5 | 25 Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's'' at line 4

I installed Easypopulate 2.72 and tried to upload my data files using

'Upload EP file" then pressing the Insert into DB button. When I do this nothing happens. The system seems to be processing a while, the refreshes back into the same screen. No error messages what so ever but no products uploaded either.

My data file has only 103 items and its only in English. I do not use any of the attriutes options so the files are relatively small.

Does anyone know what I could do to make this work?

I have a question. I installed EP on a created shop (no mods) and worked well.

Then I installed another one, with big_images mod (also have headers controller, by default supported on 2.74 as i can see in the code).

I don't use anything else (price_break or master products...). Then i downloaded "7 august 2004 -Small Update. Author: Alexander" because it said had support for big_images contribution. If i replace it i have troubles with mods that i don't use, so i edited the references i think are only for big_images (using a file comparer from the original EP i had and the edited one), and i get this:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpqR25U4
User filename: EP2004nov29-0505.txt
Size: 2795
| model220 | altec/220. | 220ar.jpg | 220 | test altec | | dsfsadf | sadfasd | dsafasdf | 29 | 0.00 | | 26/11/2004 | 0 | 1 | Color | 14 | | Negro | 15 | | Plata | 16 | | Beige | 3 | Modelo | 6 | | Premium | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 18 | | AGP | 19 | | PCI | 20 | | PCI-EXPRES | 21 | | OEM | 22 | | Retail | 4 | Memoria | 2 | | 64 mb | 3 | | 128 mb | 4 | | 512 mb | 17 | | 1 gb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Windows - | 13 | | Windows - | | Hardware | Altavoces | | IVA | Active !New Product!
1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_bimage, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'altec/220.jpg', '220ar.jpg', 'model220', '25', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "26/11/2004 7:32", NULL, '1', '0.00', '0', 'NULL')

I have files in /temp folder, and i guess it's something about one of those 2 mods support.

Anyone know if there'ss an EP with the support for big_images only? Or what it's wrong here? I'm a bit lost with all mods for EP i've seen.

I'm wrong thinking that Header controller it's supported?

Edited by hologram

you may be better off starting over from the latest ep file and then insert your own fields into the ep file. just search everywhere there is products_image and then add your own field for whatever one you need, using the ep code of how you add the extra image field into ep. easier doing it that way and you know it is right.

I have a question. I installed EP on a created shop (no mods) and worked well.

Then I installed another one, with big_images mod (also have headers controller, by default supported on 2.74 as i can see in the code).

I don't use anything else (price_break or master products...). Then i downloaded  "7 august 2004 -Small Update. Author: Alexander" because it said had support for big_images contribution. If i replace it i have troubles with mods that i don't use, so i edited the references i think are only for big_images (using a file comparer from the original EP i had and the edited one), and i get this:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpqR25U4
User filename: EP2004nov29-0505.txt
Size: 2795
| model220 | altec/220. | 220ar.jpg | 220 | test altec | | dsfsadf | sadfasd | dsafasdf | 29 | 0.00 | | 26/11/2004 | 0 | 1 | Color | 14 | | Negro | 15 | | Plata | 16 | | Beige | 3 | Modelo | 6 | | Premium | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 18 | | AGP | 19 | | PCI | 20 | | PCI-EXPRES | 21 | | OEM | 22 | | Retail | 4 | Memoria | 2 | | 64 mb | 3 | | 128 mb | 4 | | 512 mb | 17 | | 1 gb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Windows - | 13 | | Windows - | | Hardware | Altavoces | | IVA | Active !New Product!

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_bimage, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'altec/220.jpg', '220ar.jpg', 'model220', '25', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "26/11/2004 7:32", NULL, '1', '0.00', '0', 'NULL')

I have files in /temp folder, and i guess it's something about one of those 2 mods support.

Anyone know if there'ss an EP with the support for big_images only? Or what it's wrong here? I'm a bit lost with all mods for EP i've seen.

I'm wrong thinking that Header controller it's supported?

i have asked a few times for what your path is, along with how you setup your store. i cant do much else . . this is the troubleshooting, the documentation even shows the same . . . sorry about being so blunt but if you want help you need to help by posting an answer to the questions

:blink: I cant edit the post again. Sry for add another reply then...

I added all bimage entries (only for have in EP tables the row for it). I had a parse error that already fixed now (missed a " ). This is what i get when i upload:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpoKjE0p
User filename: EP2004nov29-1111.txt
Size: 2716
| model220 | altec/220. | BIG/220ar. | 220 | test altec | http://www | 29 | 0.00 | | 0000-00-00 | 0 | 1 | Color | 14 | | Negro | 15 | | Plata | 16 | | Beige | 3 | Modelo | 6 | | Premium | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 18 | | AGP | 19 | | PCI | 20 | | PCI-EXPRES | 21 | | OEM | 22 | | Retail | 4 | Memoria | 2 | | 64 mb | 3 | | 128 mb | 4 | | 512 mb | 17 | | 1 gb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Windows - | 13 | | Windows - | | Hardware | Altavoces | | IVA | Active Updated
| modxx221 | altec/220. | BIG/220ar. | 221 | test altec | http://www | 25 | 0.00 | | 0000-00-00 | 0 | 1 | Color | 14 | | Negro | 15 | | Plata | 16 | | Beige | 3 | Modelo | 6 | | Premium | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 18 | | AGP | 19 | | PCI | 20 | | PCI-EXPRES | 21 | | OEM | 22 | | Retail | 4 | Memoria | 2 | | 64 mb | 3 | | 128 mb | 4 | | 512 mb | 17 | | 1 gb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Windows - | 13 | | Windows - | | Hardware | Altavoces | | IVA | Active !New Product!

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_bimage, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'altec/220.jpg', 'BIG/220ar.jpg', 'modxx221', 'modxx221', '21.5517', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", NULL, '1', '0.00', '0', 'NULL') 

[TEP STOP]

The firs item its edited (i changed url to test it -i know about the extra http://-), but the 2nd item isn't added.

Any idea?

Edited by hologram

count the fields you are populating versus how many data fields you are trying to upload.  you have one too many fields.

:huh: i see this field in the EP .txt: "v_products_name_3" and i assigned 220 and 221 for 2nd item as names, and they r not shown on the code i posted when i upload.

Maybe is that what u meant? If answer is yes... from where that field came from? Or should I "add" it manually to the database? dunno parameters, i dunno about coding.

OK - here we are with over 1100 replies, so I have 2 quick questions - is this new EP fully working, and where can I find the most recent version?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Ok here goes, I have a problem and been trying to fix it by reading this forum for 4 days now. I seem to have had the same problems as some people but nothing has sorted it.

Problems -

1 I have over 2000 products, cant "download" a full de limited text file using EP as it times out.

2 I have a list of products from supplier to enter into database, I get it in excel fromat, then save as tab de - limited (works fine but have duplicate products and some without prices)

3 Excel file has different headings like "Model" "Name" Discription" instead of "v_products_model" ect... so not sure what to change all headings to, otherwise I could just change all headings then save as de limited file using the split option in EP.

4 I have "downloaded" the smaller Model, Price, Quantity delimited file from EP updated prices then "uploaded" the file, seems to work but produces results as in item 2.

I know there seems to be a lot here, but I have a feeling I am doing the same thing wrong in all cases to produce these problems, it may be something simple.

I have done the following to try help.

Changed easypopulate.php tax biy to "false"

I have the 777 access.

Any ideas, Many thanks in advance.

Ian

Ok here goes, I have a problem and been trying to fix it by reading this forum for 4 days now. I seem to have had the same problems as some people but nothing has sorted it.

Problems -

1    I have over 2000 products, cant "download" a full de limited text file using EP as it times out.

this is a server issue, limitation as most limit the time a script can run.  you can modify your easypopulate.php file and download only certain product options, which will take less time.  just do it for all the different options.  also, you u use ssl for the admin area, that slows things down.

2    I have a list of products from supplier to enter into database, I get it in excel fromat, then save as tab de - limited (works fine but have duplicate products and some without prices)

the is moreso you need to go thru the data they send you, merge the info together, as well as prices

3      Excel file has different headings like "Model" "Name" Discription" instead of "v_products_model" ect... so not sure what to change all headings to, otherwise I could just change all headings then save as de limited file using the split option in EP.

see answer to #1

4      I have "downloaded" the smaller Model, Price, Quantity delimited file from EP updated prices then "uploaded" the file, seems to work but produces results as in item 2.

I know there seems to be a lot here, but I have a feeling I am doing the same thing wrong in all cases to produce these problems, it may be something simple.

I have done the following to try help.

Changed easypopulate.php tax biy to "false"

I have  the 777 access.

Any ideas, Many thanks in advance.

Ian

nah, i just answered the questions underneath your questions

so read to the end of each question and you will find what i posted

Sorry silly me, didn't look hard enough! :blush:

Anyway, I have re-tried going by your advice and spent ages after downloading a smaller complete txt file from EP then updating it with the new prices and descriptions, I still get the same problem, sometimes 3 of the same item and the prices if more than one of the product show different. If there is only one of the item, then the price is still the wrong one.

I don't know what else I can do.

Any Ideas ?

Ian