• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

:huh: Ghost Product

Hi guys after playing with easy populate, I have a product that shows on my index page in "new products for september" top left corner.

It has no name, no description, no image it is just there as $0.00 taking up space.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to track it and get rid of it. It looks realy unprofessional!

I cant seem to find an entry in msql myadmin that looks to match.

Cheers

Gecko

this time it'll go :-)

best bet would be to use mysql connector or phpmyadmin, go into the products table, sort it on products_price and then locate the one with the $0.00 in it, write down the products_id, then delete the product from there, and also go into products_description and delete the same product id #

:huh: Ghost Product

Hi guys after playing with easy populate, I have a product that shows on my index page in "new products for september" top left corner.

It has no name, no description, no image it is just there as $0.00  taking up space.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to track it and get rid of it. It looks realy unprofessional!

I cant seem to find an entry in msql myadmin that looks to match.

Cheers

Gecko

this is a part of the way translations are made. about 10 pages back is a post of what can be changed.

back again,

after messing with the contribution some more , changing adding and trying differant things,and not forgetting to back up my database, i am gettin a strange outcome.

to begin with all the quotation marks(") were downloaded as quotaion marks. now they are downloaded as " . it doesnt seem to give anybother but i wanted to check here before continuing.

Heyya,

I'm having trouble getting Easy Populate to properly insert my data back into oscommerce.

I can dl the .txt file, edit it (i think), and upload the file fine.  But after I upload, EP tells me all the products I just uploaded are new.  Which isn't the case.

As I can see it, EP, or my poor configing, is killing the first category.

For example:

I have

cat_a -> cat_a_b -> myproducts

cat_a -> cat_a_b -> more products

but EP is spitting it out as just cat_a_b (the interior category)

I've tried various values (2,3,4...) for $max_categories wondering if it would make any difference.  But so far is hasn't.

To rule out my poor editting I've just dl'd the file, then uploaded it back with no changes.  I get the same result. 

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

here is the support thread for easypopulate.

sounds like you have apostrophes in your categories.

post response in ep support thread

Sadly, no apostrophes. My category names are:

Cars -> style 1-10, style 11-20, style 21-30 and so on

the "Cars" category is getting dropped and the inner style categories are being shown at the front.

Edited by RobV

how about a link to the site, also are you using -> in the category description?

Sure, its a hideous site but feel free to look at it.

vinyl4less

-btw I've restored the database. The fubar entries are gone. I'll put them back in

-Ok, You can see the duplicate entries without their parent categories below:

Front Window Graphics-> (6)

Edited by RobV

I used this contrib because I had to change 400 different weight values, and it saved me hours of work which I'm so greatful for. Unfortunately it screwed up all my descriptions(yes i had a backup). There's alot of html code in my descriptions so I'm assuming that's what screwed it up.

My question is, is there a way to download an EP file without the descriptions and let me be able to change the weight? I tried just deleting the description column in excel then uploading but that just left me with empty descriptions on my site :P

Go New England Patriots!!!!

most of the errors i have seen dealing with descriptions and html, are there are carriage returns in the description and as that gives white space, and you are sending in tab delimited format, things then go to the next cell.

try without carriage returns in the html.

or you can try th extract the cells you need and then reimport them into the store.

I can only get easy populate to add the first product in the tab delimited file, the tab file i am using is one created with easy populate

this is what happens when i insert file into db:

Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\windows\temp\php48.tmp

User filename: EP2004Sep27-0101.txt

Size: 678

| prod1 | | test produ | test 1 | | test 1 | | | | | | 320.99 | 23 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 32 | | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| prod2 t

this is my tab delimited file:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_3 v_products_description_3 v_products_url_3 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

prod1 test product 1 test 1 test 1 320.99 23 0000-00-00 00:00:00 0000-00-00 00:00:00 32 Matrox Hardware Graphics Cards Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

prod2 test product 2 tes 2 120 23 16 Matrox Hardware Graphics Cards Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks

prod2 somewhere in the file is where things are wrong, do u have an image in the file?

are you using this on a windows system?

post the first 10 lines of your ep file here, i will try it on another system.

Nope no images, and yes using on windows system, the tab file i am using is the one easy populate created, i havnt changed it in any way

what ep file do you want me to paste?

prod2 somewhere in the file is where things are wrong, do u have an image in the file?

are you using this on a windows system?

post the first 10 lines of your ep file here, i will try it on another system.

could be the path you have setup for your temp files, how are they setup in your ep file?

Nope no images, and yes using on windows system, the tab file i am using is the one easy populate created, i havnt changed it in any way

what ep file do you want me to paste?

I can only get easy populate to add the first product in the tab delimited file, the tab file i am using is one created with easy populate

this is what happens when i insert file into db:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\windows\temp\php48.tmp

User filename: EP2004Sep27-0101.txt

Size: 678

| prod1 | | test produ | test 1 | | test 1 | | | | | | 320.99 | 23 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 32 | | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| prod2 t

The exact same thing is happening to me. It uploads or overwrites the first product if it exists... then it doesn' t do anything with the remaining products:

Filename: info.txt

| 31408 | 31408.jpg | Liberty Br | Flying in | | 49.95 | 0.00 | | 2003-03-27 | 0 | | Collectibl | Statues | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| 31112~311 | 29027~290 | 22549~225 | 31111~311 | 31110~311 | 29651~296 | 29138~291 | 30097~300 | 29080~290 | 29079~290 | 21794~217 | 30737~307 | 31299~312 | 22654~226 | 31548~315 | 22550~225 | 27239~272 | 25690~256 | 32331~323 | 31721~317 | 30096~300 | 28138~281 |

Here are the few lines of my "~" delimited file (I've also tried \t tab delemeted files also and still get the same results:

v_products_model~v_products_image~v_products_name_1~v_products_description_1~v_p

roducts_url_1~v_products_price~v_products_weight~v_date_avail~v_date_added~v_prod

ucts_quantity~v_manufacturers_name~v_categories_name_1~v_categories_name_2~v_cate

gories_name_3~v_categories_name_4~v_categories_name_5~v_categories_name_6~v_categ

ories_name_7~v_categories_name_8~v_categories_name_9~v_categories_name_10~v_categ

ories_name_11~v_categories_name_12~v_categories_name_13~v_categories_name_14~v_ca

tegories_name_15~v_categories_name_16~v_categories_name_17~v_categories_name_18~v

_categories_name_19~v_categories_name_20~v_categories_name_21~v_categories_name_2

2~v_categories_name_23~v_categories_name_24~v_categories_name_25~v_categories_nam

e_26~v_categories_name_27~v_categories_name_28~v_categories_name_29~v_categories_

name_30~v_categories_name_31~v_categories_name_32~v_categories_name_33~v_categori

es_name_34~v_categories_name_35~v_categories_name_36~v_categories_name_37~v_categ

ories_name_38~v_categories_name_39~v_categories_name_40~v_categories_name_41~v_ca

tegories_name_42~v_categories_name_43~v_categories_name_44~v_categories_name_45~v

_categories_name_46~v_categories_name_47~v_categories_name_48~v_categories_name_4

9~v_categories_name_50~v_categories_name_51~v_categories_name_52~v_categories_nam

e_53~v_categories_name_54~v_categories_name_55~v_categories_name_56~v_categories_

name_57~v_categories_name_58~v_categories_name_59~v_categories_name_60~v_categori

es_name_61~v_categories_name_62~v_categories_name_63~v_categories_name_64~v_categ

ories_name_65~v_categories_name_66~v_categories_name_67~v_categories_name_68~v_ca

tegories_name_69~v_categories_name_70~v_categories_name_71~v_categories_name_72~v

_categories_name_73~v_categories_name_74~v_categories_name_75~v_categories_name_7

6~v_categories_name_77~v_categories_name_78~v_categories_name_79~v_categories_nam

e_80~v_categories_name_81~v_categories_name_82~v_categories_name_83~v_categories_

name_84~v_categories_name_85~v_categories_name_86~v_categories_name_87~v_categori

es_name_88~v_categories_name_89~v_categories_name_90~v_categories_name_91~v_categ

ories_name_92~v_categories_name_93~v_categories_name_94~v_categories_name_95~v_ca

tegories_name_96~v_categories_name_97~v_categories_name_98~v_categories_name_99~v

_categories_name_100~v_categories_name_101~v_categories_name_102~v_categories_nam

e_103~v_categories_name_104~v_categories_name_105~v_categories_name_106~v_categor

ies_name_107~v_categories_name_108~v_categories_name_109~v_categories_name_110~v_

categories_name_111~v_categories_name_112~v_categories_name_113~v_categories_name

_114~v_categories_name_115~v_categories_name_116~v_categories_name_117~v_categori

es_name_118~v_categories_name_119~v_categories_name_120~v_categories_name_121~v_c

ategories_name_122~v_categories_name_123~v_categories_name_124~v_categories_name_

125~v_categories_name_126~v_categories_name_127~v_categories_name_128~v_categorie

s_name_129~v_categories_name_130~v_categories_name_131~v_categories_name_132~v_ca

tegories_name_133~v_categories_name_134~v_categories_name_135~v_categories_name_1

36~v_categories_name_137~v_categories_name_138~v_categories_name_139~v_categories

_name_140~v_categories_name_141~v_categories_name_142~v_categories_name_143~v_cat

egories_name_144~v_categories_name_145~v_categories_name_146~v_categories_name_14

7~v_categories_name_148~v_tax_class_title~v_status~EOREOR

31408~31408.jpg~Liberty Bronze Eagle In Flight~Flying in tandem across a vast expanse of sky, this double eagle sculpture is an impressive sight indeed. <P> 6 3/4" x 6 3/4" x 18 3/4" high~~49.95~0.00~~2003-03-27 17:55:01~0~~Collectibles~Statues~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Taxable Goods~Active~EOREOR

31112~31112.jpg~African American Family~A family portrait in distinctive styling, this foursome is sculpted from polyresin in intricate detail and hand painted with care. <P> 6 1/4" x 4" x 12 3/4" high.~~19.95~0.00~~2003-03-27 18:54:28~0~~Collectibles~Statues~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

29027~29027.jpg~African American Lady 20's Classy~The picture of elegance and grace of the 1920's is recalled by this lovely woman dressed in high style as she makes her grand entrance down a descending staircase. <P> 6 3/4" x 5 1/2" x 13 1/2" high.~~49.95~0.00~~2002-12-08 00:20:32~0~~Collectibles~Statues~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This comes from EP itself. I exported the products... deleted the products and tried uploading again, yet still it only wants to do something with the first item. It pretty much ignores the rest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brock

could you email me the file as doing it this way, the ~ corrupts the file on this end

John, I'd be happy to email you the file... but I couldn't find your email address in your user details. What address would you like me to send it to?

I'm going to throw php4 back on a vmware install a little later this afternoon and port my site over and try it there. I have this sneaky suspician that it could be something to do w/ php5. I'm not sure if that is the case, but the same script used to work fine 3 or 4 months ago. I haven't tried it since until after porting to php5.

If other people are using it successfuly on php5, then I'm probably wrong.

i didnt remember reading php5 in your thread, php5 does not work properly with osCommerce at this time. if you click on 'CARD' on the left hand under the name, (next to pm, on, ) you can send an email via that link.

ahh sorry i did not know it was just a case of adding certain code, i dont really know alot about that anyway but ill give it a try.

i have 6 options with about 90 values in total

Hello all,

First off, i just want to say how this contribtuion has made my life easier!!!

But i need some help with the coding. I have the code for the regular master products but not for the one galen made. Can someone tell me what value i should put in for this specific contribution? Or has anyone done this? can you please share the code with me? I also need the attributes integrated as well.

Thank you so much

Danny