• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I don't know if this is the right place but I am new at this and require some heplp with Easy Populate. I have been successsful i intergrating it but am not abe to upload files. Downloading does not seem to be a problem. I receive this message "Warning: move_upload_file(......):Failded to open Stream:No such file or directory.

I followed the instructions to the letter. I created a /catalog/temp file as per the instructions and still nothing.

Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Edited by Avanzar

I have found that a default install of EP will actually ADD path to your upload. If you look closely at the message it says something (or at least mine did) about the path being catalog/catalog/temp... etcc..

What I did was to edit the easypopulate.php file variables area and change the path to just temp. Take out the word catalog. Then mine uploaded just fine. I of course have a different issue but that is just me workin out the bugs.

Hope this helps.

I read this in the manual

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.3 For adding link to the Admin, edit file admin/includes/boxes/tools.php by after this line:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO, BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO) .

include this line:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, BOX_TOOLS_EASYPOPULATE) .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I can't seem to find those line of code in the tools.php file. Is there an update to the manual that I'm missing?

I read this in the manual

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.3 For adding link to the Admin, edit file admin/includes/boxes/tools.php by after this line:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO, BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO) .

include this line:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, BOX_TOOLS_EASYPOPULATE) .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I can't seem to find those line of code in the tools.php file. Is there an update to the manual that I'm missing?

I just looked at the 1readmeFIRST.txt, and this is what I found:

3. For adding link to the Admin, edit file admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php by adding this line:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

After:
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '"
class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .
'</a><br>' .

By the way, which version of EP do you use?

HTH,

VJ

Any chance this might be modded to work with MS1 please ?? Easypop is awsome and the only way we populate our store but the attribute addition will make it really good. Have you thought about adding the ability to insert the data for Linda Header Tag Controller ??

Any chance this might be modded to work with MS1 please ?? Easypop is awsome and the only way we populate our store but the attribute addition will make it really good. Have you thought about adding the ability to insert the data for Linda Header Tag Controller ??

I've managed to get this mod to function, in my MS1 setup, by making a simple change. Just comment out this line in admin/easypopulate.php.

require(includes/database_tables.php);

I haven't tested this extensively, but it should be worth giving a try :).

As for header tags, this new EP version retains the ability to handle data for Linda's Header Tag Controller, from previous versions. You just have to follow the manual and make some minor changes.

HTH,

VJ

• 2 weeks later...

arg. ih ave a huge store with loads of options and this would be a huge lifesaver except that excel gives me a pop up that says "file not loaded completely" and all it has is the headers and not all teh stuff i already added to DB. I have no idea why this is since I'm not an excel whiz.

ideas?

-bathory

Many bothans died to bring you this information.

arg. ih ave a huge store with loads of options and this would be a huge lifesaver except that excel gives me a pop up that says "file not loaded completely" and all it has is the headers and not all teh stuff i already added to DB. I have no idea why this is since I'm not an excel whiz.

Please refer to my posts (in this same thread) on Nov. 21, 23 for clues.

HTH,

VJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi vj,

I went through the forums on oscommerce.com but didn't really find an answer to my problem?

I am using this version:

-------------------------------------------------

Easypopulate v2.71-MS2 (with attributes)

Last updated: November 27, 2003

Author: Vijay Immanuel aka VJ <www.vjdom.com>, based on earlier releases by various developers (for more details, see history.txt)

License: GPL (please see license.txt)

Thanks if you can find the error with the below information. Don't bother if it takes you too long, I just thought you might probably have the answer in a second or so? The problem is that I get an error when doing an import. Have a look yourself (no passwords required yet?). I emailed you this post with the real URL and everything so that nobody in the forum fusses around with my site... B)

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.de/admin/easypopulate.php

Can you figure out why I am getting this error:

Filename: sample_output_file.txt

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND cat.parent_id = 0 AND des.categories_name = 'Buecher'' at line 6

SELECT cat.categories_id FROM categories as cat, categories_description as des WHERE cat.categories_id = des.categories_id AND des.language_id = AND cat.parent_id = 0 AND des.categories_name = 'Buecher'

I did change the input locales on my computer to US format, so that the prices are displayed with the dot as a decimal seperator, not the German comma?.

BTW, when re-opening the text file in Excel, everything looks just fine...

Thanks vj, and keep up the great work!!!

Titus.

Edited by Guest

Can you figure out why I am getting this error:

Filename: sample_output_file.txt

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND cat.parent_id = 0 AND des.categories_name = 'Buecher'' at line 6

SELECT cat.categories_id FROM categories as cat, categories_description as des WHERE cat.categories_id = des.categories_id AND des.language_id = AND cat.parent_id = 0 AND des.categories_name = 'Buecher'

I did change the input locales on my computer to US format, so that the prices are displayed with the dot as a decimal seperator, not the German comma?.

BTW, when re-opening the text file in Excel, everything looks just fine...

You probably have a problem with your default language id. Check if it shows the right value.

VJ

Hello,

An updated version of Easypopulate (v2.72) is now available for download, here.

This includes an option to turn off product attribute data when downloading the tab-delimited file.

Support for this new version will continue in this thread.

VJ

I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get easypopulate to work.

If I use the upload function, the only staus returned is this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /localservices/phpupload/phpBMJ4UC

User filename: MinkaLavery.txt

Size: 35247

But no records are added.

I don't see anything wrong with the data or the configuration options (I did set the max categories to 2). My client is all ticked that I havent been able to get his data loaded yet and has a dozen spreadhseets waiting for me. I am really stuck. I can provide a link to the text file or I have pasted in two sample records below. I could really use a hand figuring this one out.

Here is a sample of my data:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price Wholesale Cost v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1687-14 1687.jpg 3 Light ceiling flushmount with Alabaster glass shade <br> Nutmeg metal finish. "Calavera Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width: 22.5"" x Height: 12.5""<br>Lamps:3 x 60Watt Medium Base" none $263.89 $203.92 $119.95 0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

466-63 466.jpg Single Light ceiling flushmount with etched Marble glass <br>Nouveau Bronze metal finish. "Nouveau Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width:11"" x Height:7.375"" <br> Lamps:1 x 60Watt Medium Base." none $36.30 $28.05 $16.50 0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Kerry

I have it working just fine when I empty the database and upload the .txt file into an emtpy database -

But when I upload into the database with the products already loaded- it has problems like:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_mimage' in 'field list'

It loads the first product, then the above error occurs.

Is anybody else having problems similar to this?

Thanks - Lynn

Hi,

Hope it's ok to jump in here.

I need to get 1,000's of items into Osc (actually about 20,000 - 2,000 of which will have attributes). I think that Easypopulate is the only option - but the limit of about 300 records per import file, would make this a fiddle. I guess the timeout value cannot be increased easily on a shared server for the import process alone. This is not likely to be a one off process and maybe required weekly.

I'm sure plenty of sites have had to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Antony

• 2 weeks later...

VJ I sure hope you're still following this.

I've been using this since the first attributes fix was figured out by manually adding the fields in the file. Been able to get it all to work until now. This thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73572 is where I originally posted looking for help. The only attibute mod besides easy populate currently installed is the products attributes item editor 1.3 however the problem exists if I use clean versions of all the files. If I turn the attribs off in EP I can export a file. If they are turned on then I cannot export.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by reasonable

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

Whenever I upload an EP database file I get duplicate categories and subcategories if the the category name has a comma in it.

For example, when uploading a sample database on my test site:

http://epg.physicsisbroken.com/catalog/ind...1376f96d9622bef

Any idea how to fix this? I am using the latest version (2.73 I think).

Also the uploaded product URLs do not seem to be working.

Any insight on this would help. Thanks.

Edited by Sagan

Whenever I upload an EP database file I get duplicate categories and subcategories if the the category name has a comma in it.

Am no wizz with these things, but am guessing that whilst working on your files you are saving them as .csv and then saving as tab delimited at the last save before upload. Either way, best to avoid commas and the & sign in your category description - try missing the comma (very few people notice it is gramatically incorrect) and replacing "&" with "+" - if you are using excel this is dead easy, just highlight your category columm (all of it), press "Ctrl" and "F", type in ",", hit find. Then click replace, leave it empty and hit replace all. This delets all the commas. Do the same again, but find "&" and replace with "+" - hit replace all again. Should take about 30 seconds and should fix the problems for you. If it doesn't, scream back at me on the board and I'll scratch my head and ponder it some more for you..... :blink:

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Am no wizz with these things, but am guessing that whilst working on your files you are saving them as .csv and then saving as tab delimited at the last save before upload. Either way, best to avoid commas and the & sign in your category description - try missing the comma (very few people notice it is gramatically incorrect) and replacing "&" with "+" - if you are using excel this is dead easy, just highlight your category columm (all of it), press "Ctrl" and "F", type in ",", hit find. Then click replace, leave it empty and hit replace all. This delets all the commas. Do the same again, but find "&" and replace with "+" - hit replace all again. Should take about 30 seconds and should fix the problems for you. If it doesn't, scream back at me on the board and I'll scratch my head and ponder it some more for you..... :blink:

That doesn't work too well for me. My client wants to download an updated database everyday from his wholeseller, in the form of a .csv file. I rigged up a simple excel file to rearrange the columns and modify the dates so I can easily save it as tab delimited file. I suppose I can mess with excel some more to replace text, but I am looking for a more automated process rather than spending an hour every day converting one format to another. :(

There is a setting in the easypopulate.php file to change the file to csv instead of tab delimited. Uncomment the csv setting and comment the tab. Problem being is that every comma is going to be interpreted as a new field. It would be much simpler to remove the commas from the categorie names in the original file. At least from my view point as a non-programmer and only mid-level user.

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?