• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Try just changing the product model field and importing.

I know if you change the category description on a product the category description is not updated.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

So I have been playing and tweaking my data file with no luck. Here is what I have done and I still cant get new items to load

Created a export file (1 Item)

Used a txt editor and copied the Item

Updated the v_products_model to have the value

Added value for v_categories_name_3_1

In my export it has v_categories_name_1_1 v_categories_name_2_1

The file then gets uploaded, but when i run import (Normal) it basically takes me to the easy populate screen and at the top has my file name information.

If I export and just re-import it worked. I am not sure what else to check now specially since all I'm doing is replicating a item

In your php settings you have mb at the end of the number for upload size? if you just have a number without mb EP will say imported but it does nothing.

I am also getting the errors on EP 2.9-231 - I uploaded 13 records  it said it uploaded the records without any issues. and then .... nothing.  no product is displayed. 

EP vers: 2.9-231

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3

HTTP: 

DB: 

PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:

/home/webguy77/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 15

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Products Images: true

qpbp: false

Additional Images: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Master Products: false

I would check your php settings, specifically upload size, it should have "mb" next to the number eg 20mb

I checked and I see this in my settings so it looks like i may have a problem with it not being MB.

int_size = 8
upload_max_filesize = 256M
post_max_size = 256M

Is there a php ini somewhere or is this in another config file somewhere ?

• 2 weeks later...

I checked and I see this in my settings so it looks like i may have a problem with it not being MB.

int_size = 8

upload_max_filesize = 256M

post_max_size = 256M

Is there a php ini somewhere or is this in another config file somewhere ?

I have tried to update my htaccess with php_value  upload_max_filesize  256MB should i do this under the admin or catalog directory ?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with this line of code:

$row['v_products_fullpath_image'] = EP_FROOGLE_IMAGE_PATH . $row['v_products_image'];

This last part: $row['v_products_image'] is what I cannot get figured out.

When I create a Froogle file this gathers information from my products table and is working properly...

I want it to gather from my products images table... when I download a complete file it so the information I want here in the column named: v_products_images_image_1

I have tried to change it every way I can think of...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

I am running OSCommerce 2.3.4 and I have downloaded EP_v2_9_231.zip and installed it.  I am just trying to do a simple test:

download a single category, make a change to the description, and then upload into the database

I really just want to see how it all works before I start doing the work needed.  

when I try this simple test I am running into an error complaining about product_model in my file.  I can see that v_product_model is empty in the csv file, which I am assuming it is complaining about.  The confusion I have is that I don't use the model field in my database and even when I export the file from EP that field is blank.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there a different version that doesn't require the model field.  I can see in the trouble shooting area of installation instructions it only talks about v_products_model in the Extra Fields Contribution.  I don't think I installed this but maybe I have the wrong version.

Thanks for any help someone can offer.

The model no is the user facing unique identifier for each part.

So that is what EP expects to use to identify what to update.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

geoffrey

Thanks for the reply.  So in looking easypopulate.php it appears that v_products_model is p.products_model.  

In my system this is blank because I don't use models for our business.  Because I don't use the field I am not 100% sure of its use, but I wouldn't think a product model would be unique among all products.  I notice that you say 'user facing unique identifier' and I assume you say user facing because the true unique identifier would be p.products_id but that is not user facing.  

I am just trying to understand how people who don't have product models use this field so that they can use easypopulate.  Does it truly expect this field to be unique amongst all products because the only way I see that working is by making it a auto increment number.

thanks again for the help and I hope you can give me a little more information to point me in the right direction.

geoffrey

As a test i took two individual products and gave them each the same p.products_model, which when exported became v_products_model.  I then edited each of these two lines and imported these two lines back into the system.  It worked flawlessly.

So, it appears that p.products_model does not need to be unique (which make more sense) but it does need to be populated in a system in order to use Easy Populate.  Do you know if there is a specific reason that this field was chosen to be required.  I am trying to decide of my best next course of action.  I see two options....

1) Edit easy populate so that it does not require this field populated.  Not sure of scope of this project as I haven't looked at the code quite enough.

2) Populate this field in my system with a garbage value and then change the product_info.php page so that it does not display the value on the page

Do you agree that these are my options?

thanks again for the help. 

• 3 weeks later...

geoffrey

As a test i took two individual products and gave them each the same p.products_model, which when exported became v_products_model.  I then edited each of these two lines and imported these two lines back into the system.  It worked flawlessly.

So, it appears that p.products_model does not need to be unique (which make more sense) but it does need to be populated in a system in order to use Easy Populate.  Do you know if there is a specific reason that this field was chosen to be required.  I am trying to decide of my best next course of action.  I see two options....

1) Edit easy populate so that it does not require this field populated.  Not sure of scope of this project as I haven't looked at the code quite enough.

2) Populate this field in my system with a garbage value and then change the product_info.php page so that it does not display the value on the page

Do you agree that these are my options?

thanks again for the help. 

Spoma

So many good reasons why you need the product_model field.

You can put a garbage value in it if you want but I would put something meaningful.

About using the same number twice. Only do this if you are happy with both products having the same title.

You would only use the same product_model twice if you had the same product in two different categories. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed this on a new install.  very few mods.  I am having the same problem as RMD27,  it would appear that is only downloading and uploading the first line of my database.  So my spreadsheet shows the headers and then one row.  If I add further rows they do not show.  If I add extra categories/products manually and then download using EP, i still only get one row!

I note the suggestion above about MB but i have no idea what/where i would look to see if this was my problem, and I have made so few changes to the installation I certainly haven't been deleting code.

Any ideas?

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Okay,  I see now that it didn't add some of my items as they were categories without products.  I added a couple of products to the empty category and it did download.   I then duplicated a couple of those products, changing the product number, and re-uploaded.  the new stuff did not show! 

It will not download categories that have no products - that i can live with

additional products added to a category don't upload - that makes the add-on pretty useless!

starting to give up now1  maybe it is not compatible with the latest install?  I used EP_V2_77a

any help would be appreciated

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Hi,  Yes, they have a model number and it is unique to each item.  I used the EP with my current website, but the more recent add on seemed different and it was with the latest install.  I did not run an SQL when I installed this one, though i'm certain I did last time, but it was a while ago.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Since I couldn't find and answer if this contribution will work with 2.3.4, I thought that someone else might find this helpful.

I just installed 

Easy Populate & Products Attributes version 2.77a for osc2.3.1 (with attributes)

in my new shop osc 2.3.4BS and it seems to work fine ( i am pretty sure it will work with 2.3.4). All I had to do is to make the following minor adjustments:

admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

IGNORE THE CHANGE IN THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for this file

FIND:

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
ADD Below

),
      array(
        'code' => FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE,
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_EASY_POPULATE,
        'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE)

admin/includes/languages/english.php

ADD BEFORE the end of file

/**** Begin Easy  Populate****/
define('BOX_CATALOG_EASY_POPULATE', 'Easy Populate');
/**** End Easy Populate****/

admin/includes/filenames.php

ADD before the end of file ( before final ?>)

/**** Begin Easy Populate****/
  define('FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I have used older versions on my website up till 2.76i as I was using OSC 2.3.3

I am busy with a new install of 2.3.4 bs edge, so am using ep v2.9, but I just got  "not working" when I click on Easy Populate in Admin

I just saw Lary_an's post, but I do not have a  filenames.php  in  admin/includes

So I copied my old filenames.php over and now I get this error message "The requested URL /shop/admin/FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE was not found on this server."

Thx in advance

Russel

Hi all

I have used older versions on my website up till 2.76i as I was using OSC 2.3.3

I am busy with a new install of 2.3.4 bs edge, so am using ep v2.9, but I just got  "not working" when I click on Easy Populate in Admin

I just saw Lary_an's post, but I do not have a  filenames.php  in  admin/includes

So I copied my old filenames.php over and now I get this error message "The requested URL /shop/admin/FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE was not found on this server."

Thx in advance

Russel

Did you add this as he points out in his post...

admin/includes/filenames.php

ADD before the end of file ( before final ?>)

/**** Begin Easy Populate****/

define('FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');

@@russ-AL PC's

If you have CONSTANTS in the version of Easy Populate you are trying to install you are going to need to add the defines ie filename.php or define them in the Easy Populate code itself or you are going to get messages like that.   Since you have now uninstalled it, the link you left, isn't going to work.

Dan