• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Anyone knows if we can add related products into Easy Populate ?

Thanks.

There are instructions in the documentation and easypopulat.php on how to add updates to new tables.

HTH

G

Could you please be more specific? I looked at the easypopulate.php and it has only instructions for adding new fields from products or product_description tables only. The fields I need to add from "Optional Related Product"contribution are in another the table: products_related_products.

Thanks.

Could you please be more specific? I looked at the easypopulate.php and it has only instructions for adding new fields from products or product_description tables only. The fields I need to add from "Optional Related Product"contribution are in another the table: products_related_products.

Thanks.

You have to look just under

// FINAL NOTE: this currently only works with the "products" & "products_description" table.
// If it works well and I don't get a plethora of problems reported,
// I may expand it to more tables. Feel free to make requests, but
// as always, only as me free time allows.

Have a look at how the code to maintain Product Extra fields works and replicate it for your new table.

// Extra Fields Contribution (***UNTESTED AND MAY NOT BE FUNCTIONAL***)
define ('EP_EXTRA_FIELDS_SUPPORT', true);   // default is false

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

So, I have a 2.2-MS2 cart with Easy Populate 2.62-MS2 installed. A long time ago, I was able to use this contrib to create a product feed for Google Shopping (then still called Google Base). I'd now like to try and get my products listed on Google Shopping again, but I'm really not sure which approach would be smartest. Keeping in mind that my ability to edit code/install contribs is not very high (I can handle the easier stuff, but anything very advanced I'd have to hire someone for), which option makes the most sense?:

1. Find a way to make what's already installed work. I'm guessing I'd have to learn how to add some new fields to the database to adhere to the specific information Google wants to see?

2. Upgrade to the most recent Easy Populate...although I'm not sure whether or not I'd still have to do #1 even after upgrading? (Anyone know?)

3. Give up and use a different solution, like the product feed offerings from MagneticOne. Problem with this is I'm guessing I'd lose the download/easily edit products/upload functionality that Easy Populate offers, right?

4. Something I'm missing?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello!

So, I have a 2.2-MS2 cart with Easy Populate 2.62-MS2 installed. A long time ago, I was able to use this contrib to create a product feed for Google Shopping (then still called Google Base). I'd now like to try and get my products listed on Google Shopping again, but I'm really not sure which approach would be smartest. Keeping in mind that my ability to edit code/install contribs is not very high (I can handle the easier stuff, but anything very advanced I'd have to hire someone for), which option makes the most sense?:

1. Find a way to make what's already installed work. I'm guessing I'd have to learn how to add some new fields to the database to adhere to the specific information Google wants to see?

2. Upgrade to the most recent Easy Populate...although I'm not sure whether or not I'd still have to do #1 even after upgrading? (Anyone know?)

3. Give up and use a different solution, like the product feed offerings from MagneticOne. Problem with this is I'm guessing I'd lose the download/easily edit products/upload functionality that Easy Populate offers, right?

4. Something I'm missing?

Personally I'l download soething like google feeder or any of the upto date downoad file generaters and use that.

EP is great at uploads!!

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

OK...since I didn't really get an answer, lemme try to ask another way...

I want to be able to do the following:

1. Add or modify columns in the product database so that I can adhere to the specifications of not only Google product listings, but other sites. For example, if I'm selling CD's and a site that allows me to sell my collection through their interface expects a "Cover Grading" and "Disc Grading" for each product, I want to be able to add those columns to the product database and then edit them...even if those details are not necessarily displaying on the oscommerce product page for each product.

2. Download the database for the purpose of adding/editing products and product details so that I may then re-upload it to my oscommerce for the sake of updating the catalog.

So, with that said, I'm trying to figure out what the best way of obtaining this functionality is. I currently have Easy Populate 2.62-MS2 installed.

You can add any field you like to the product table and add the maintenance functionality to /admin/categories.php.

There are add-ons that do this.

Then you can amend easy populate to update these new fields.

There are instructions on how to add new fields that are to be maintained in the comments contained in /admin/easy_populate.php

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hi,

I just turned on X-Sell in EP and I am running into a bug. The xsell field is not added to the excel file if you use the "Complete" download option but is added if you use the "Custom" download option and click the checkbox. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am using version 2.8 for 2.3.1. Thank you

Here is another problem I am getting with X-Sell enabled.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 2

insert into products_xsell (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) values ( 2, , 1)

I am pretty sure the error is coming from this but I don't know how to change the syntax to make it work.

tep_db_query("insert into ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL." (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order)

values ( ".$v_products_id.", ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", 1)");

tep_db_query("insert into ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL." (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order)

values ( ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", ".$v_products_id.", 1)");

OK...strike 2....let's try this a third way then....

Is there any way I can see a working demo of the admin side of the latest Easy Populate? It's becoming clear that I'm going to need to hire someone to update my old version to do what I need it to do now (including functionality for Google's latest feed field requirements, among other things), and I don't want to pay someone to make 10 changes to my old Easy Populate if the NEW Easy Populate addresses several of the changes I'd need anyways. See what I mean?

Yes, install it on your shop after taking a back of the files you oerwrite.

I don't know of any sites that allow you use EP and test it.

I would use something like the google feeder add-on rather than EP to generate your files.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Getting EP to run on 2.3.1 is extremely easy. There's no need to modify existing files at all except to add a link to the EP page. As long as you don't change the database structure that EP accesses by default, everything should be working perfectly.

or you could just download the add-on version for 2.3.1

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7725

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hi,

I just turned on X-Sell in EP and I am running into a bug. The xsell field is not added to the excel file if you use the "Complete" download option but is added if you use the "Custom" download option and click the checkbox. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am using version 2.8 for 2.3.1. Thank you

Here is another problem I am getting with X-Sell enabled.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 2

insert into products_xsell (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) values ( 2, , 1)

I am pretty sure the error is coming from this but I don't know how to change the syntax to make it work.

values ( ".$v_products_id.", ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", 1)");

values ( ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", ".$v_products_id.", 1)");

Has anybody figured out how to get the X-Sell function to work? Thank you.

Edited by sammedit

Hello Im Trying to Get Easy Populate Working

Im Trying to import a csv file into osc 2.31

this is what i get when i import it

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

Easy Populate 2.8-231 - Default Language : english(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/content/25/9407925/tmp/phpKA6h5g

User filename: [*********** Lists] 2. Recently Launched Products - 2. Recently Launched.csv

Size: 15129

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | **************** | Date the p | Product Na | Category

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | CSXU-K194 | 2012-07-06 | 3G USB Mod | More USB +

It looks like i followed all the steps

I Installed EP_v2_8_231

Should i upload it a xml file ?

Thanks Bill

Bill

This is saying it cant find a field containing the model no.

Did you have a heading record as the first line in your import file?

Try exporting a file and look at the headings.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hello Everyone,

Easy Populate has been working great for us, however we have a question. For our store we have always used the "product name" as the unique identifier and the "product model" as an extra field to place a brief description. Unfortunately easy populate is designed to work the opposite way. Is there any possibility that we can make the product name the required unique identifier instead of the model?

Edited by normanlamps

Hi, I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have EP v2_77a installed on 2.31, I also have the Additional Fields Add-on installed. It all works if I do not include the additional fields but when I include my additonal fields I get a error 1064. Is this because I have some php script in a couple of the additonal fields, e.g. to pull through the "Related Products" fields? If this is the case, is there a work around or do I just have to exclude the fields which have php script in them and just do it through the OSC admin panel instead?

If you need a bit more explanation just shout.

The log is below.

Thanks,

G.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpW9NFpN

User filename: thisone.csv

Size: 74739

| Download 2 | Download F | Informat | | Misc Info. | downloadsp | Travel. | Tickets. W | | | Camping.Fa | 0 | | 0 | 0 | | 29/05/2012 | | 2012 | country_me | UK | categories | Rock | | | | | | | | | | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | Value | | 6 | Premium | | 7 | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | | 4 | Memory | 1 | 4 mb | | 2 | 8 mb | | 3 | 16 mb | | 4 | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | 10 | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'testunit'], $_GET['products_id']); ?>

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, travel,tickets,testunit2,testunit,camping, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( 'downloadsplash.png', '

Travel.

','

Tickets.

Weekend: ��165

Weekend + 3 nights camping:��190

Weekend + 5 nights camping:��200

Day Tickets: ��75.00

Buy

',' ','

','

Camping.

Family Camping: Sold Out

Camper Vans: ��60.00 : Sold Out

VIP Camping: Sold Out

VIP Packages: Still Available

', 'Download 2012', '0', '1', '2012-07-10 20:18:03', '1970-01-01 01:00:00', NULL, '', '0', '0', NULL)

[TEP STOP]

The site is: http://www.festivalbang.com

Hello i have a simillar error on 2.2 osc

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's BEST'' at line 4

SELECT man.manufacturers_id FROM manufacturers as man WHERE man.manufacturers_name = 'Man's BEST'

[TEP STOP]

The site is www-vibrator-bg.com , EP is working perf on 2.3 for me , but on 2.2 i just cant do it right obviously .

BlakeBG, I looked into it and I found that the way I had set up my self generating Excel sheet was placing non ISO-8859-1 characters into the fields, replacing the characters such as ' £ etc with the correct entity characters stopped the errors, look for the list at W3schools.

I do still have issues with the php lines but I think it is a similar issue.

Anybody?

I could not find a reply to this posting regarding the syntax error on line 1082 with os 2.3.1. I removed the line

//<td class="pageHeading" valign="top">

and this resolved the issue.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone

Dose anyone know how to add 1 more field to this? I need to be able to update cost in the product table but can't find the file and line where it pulls it from the DB or updates it. If you could let me know what file handles what I can do it myself.