• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

So I need some serious help please!!!! I cant get ep to work.

I have gotten to the point where my my temp file is writable and looking good then I go to upload a split a ep file (which i am uploading csv files) and I get the list of everything on my screen so okay??

then also I thought it was supposed to split the files into 300 products per file??? there are 740 in the csv file and I only get one EP_split1.csv file???

also when i upload that to the database I get nothing in my store?? this is very confusing and i dont know what i am doing wrong if someone can please help me i will provide anything that they might need

All I want to do is put products in my store and I am getting very frustrated that its not working and I know I am probably doing something wrong but I just dont know what I thought I did everything right.

Please help

P.S. Please help!!

Where can I download the Easy Populate Code for version 2.2?

The answer is in the post immediately above your question.

Try the add-ons and that number or search the add-ons using the version no as a filter.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

So I need some serious help please!!!! I cant get ep to work.

Can you paste a couple of the result lines you get when you import a file.

Thanks

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Can you paste a couple of the result lines you get when you import a file.

Thanks

G

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI10150 | 10150 | Slide Tent | AGRICOVER | $46.00 | $0.00 | $34.50 | $25.19 | F | 2.6

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI10566 | 10566 | Rubber box | AGRICOVER | $78.00 | $0.00 | $78.00 | $56.94 | F | 0

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI10570 | 10570 | SideMarker | AGRICOVER | $16.00 | $0.00 | $16.00 | $11.68 | F | 0

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI10803 | 10803 | Slide Tent | AGRICOVER | $42.00 | $0.00 | $31.50 | $23.00 | F | 0

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11019 | 11019 | 73-98 Ford | AGRICOVER | $566.00 | $481.10 | $424.50 | $309.89 | F | 43

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11029 | 11029 | 73-98 Ford | AGRICOVER | $555.00 | $471.75 | $416.25 | $303.86 | F | 41

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11099 | 11099 | 94-09 Mazd | AGRICOVER | $535.00 | $454.75 | $401.25 | $292.91 | F | 38

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11109 | 11109 | 94-09 Mazd | AGRICOVER | $535.00 | $454.75 | $401.25 | $292.91 | F | 35

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11119 | 11119 | 93-98 Ford | AGRICOVER | $535.00 | $454.75 | $401.25 | $292.91 | F | 31

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11129 | 11129 | 01-06 Ford | AGRICOVER | $535.00 | $454.75 | $401.25 | $292.91 | F | 28

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11139 | 11139 | 99-08 Ford | AGRICOVER | $535.00 | $454.75 | $401.25 | $292.91 | F | 32

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11219 | 11219 | 97-03 Ford | AGRICOVER | $566.00 | $481.10 | $424.50 | $309.89 | F | 44

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11229 | 11229 | 97-03 F-15 | AGRICOVER | $555.00 | $471.75 | $416.25 | $303.86 | F | 38

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11239 | 11239 | 97-03 Ford | AGRICOVER | $555.00 | $471.75 | $416.25 | $303.86 | F | 36

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11249 | 11249 | 01-03 Ford | AGRICOVER | $555.00 | $471.75 | $416.25 | $303.86 | F | 34

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11269 | 11269 | 04-09 Ford | AGRICOVER | $555.00 | $471.75 | $416.25 | $303.86 | F | 36

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACI11279 | 11279 | 04-09 Ford | AGRICOVER | $555.00 | $471.75 | $416.25 | $303.86 | F | 38

Thats what I get when I split and upload

The key to the product file is the model no, no model no and it will not work

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:

Add an extra column containig a unique number for each product and .......

(even if you have to make it up)

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

or the column title is incorrect

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

or the column title is incorrect

G

Okay so I can do that in excel right?

and well why does all the other info in the spreadsheet get uploaded lol? I thought they would all be different because of the part numbers?

and I am still unsure of how it will look when I actually get the file uploaded into the store?

just do 1 record and see.

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hi, I'm currently running EP 2.77a on oscommerce 2.2. I'm also running Master Products but cannot get the two contributions to link together.

I have read a few people say they downloaded a 'fix' but I cannot find a recent one...only very old contributions that then delete my new EP features. Can someone point me to the most current 'fix'?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Using EP 2.77a. Not sure what's wrong but when I upload a file, it shows its being added but it does not show up in the catalog. No errors reported. I'm using excel to create the tab delimited file as I have always done, using EP to split it

I updated my catalog last month with no problems. As far as I know, I haven't changed anything.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am having a issue....

i installed a fresh copy of the oscommerce 2.3 and EP. when i go to import the products, it seems to be doing them fine. but it is not adding the items to the item list, either on the front or admin area of the cart.

the items show up however on the main page of the store, but they arent listed at all in a category on the left panel, or inside admin under products.

how do i get them to show up? what did i do wrong? thanks.

Try manually setting up 1 product so it appears in the sho and admin and then download a file using ep.

Then compare the file you are uploading to this reference file and see what you have missed out or mispelt in the headings.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed easy populate and have it working on my local server version 2.8

When I try to export the information even though I have added categories the file just has the basic information in it, none of the new categories that I have added manually

Any ideas?

Scrap the above- You have to create a product in each category before it shows in the file

Edited by fap

I have installed easy populate and have it working on my local server version 2.8

When I try to export the information even though I have added categories the file just has the basic information in it, none of the new categories that I have added manually

Any ideas?

Scrap the above- You have to create a product in each category before it shows in the file

ya i was also trying to add multiple cat's using EP and saw same thing on the excel file when i opened it up with empty categories. i think you can still mass add them. i didnt try it.

EP seems to be working fine for me, although I have been placing test orders and when I go to Admin area>Customers>Orders I get the following error above the list of orders

[color="#000000"][b]1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'This lists my Product's Title' and p.products_model = '[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]This lists my Product's Model #[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]' at line 1

select p.products_id from products p left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where pd.products_name = '[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]This lists my Product's Title[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]' and p.products_model = '[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]This lists my Product's Model #[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]'

[color="#ff0000"][TEP STOP][/color][/b][/color]

Any ideas why this is happening?

Edit:

When I uploaded my products via EP I took the stock osc shop (with the add-ons I installed) and downloaded a EP file. Then I erased everything but the header row and then copied over my specific column information.

Edited by ggrant3

ya i was also trying to add multiple cat's using EP and saw same thing on the excel file when i opened it up with empty categories. i think you can still mass add them. i didnt try it.

You need to add a product which is in the category for the category to be created.

HTH

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

EP seems to be working fine for me, although I have been placing test orders and when I go to Admin area>Customers>Orders I get the following error above the list of orders

[color="#000000"][b]1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'This lists my Product's Title' and p.products_model = '[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]This lists my Product's Model #[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]' at line 1

select p.products_id from products p left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where pd.products_name = '[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]This lists my Product's Title[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]' and p.products_model = '[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]This lists my Product's Model #[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]'

[color="#ff0000"][TEP STOP][/color][/b][/color]

Any ideas why this is happening?

Edit:

When I uploaded my products via EP I took the stock osc shop (with the add-ons I installed) and downloaded a EP file. Then I erased everything but the header row and then copied over my specific column information.

Is that the actual erro that appears on the screen or have you changed it in any way.

If you have not changed it then try removing the apostophe/single quote from the product name and description and then place another test order.

Cheers

G

PS Don't forget to delete the order that is ausing the problem.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

A question about EP if I may.

I'm currently manually loading a store with potentially hundreds of products, with what feels like endless attributes. I've read that EP doesn't handle attributes well, and as such has put me off using/trying it out, is this still the case? as I'm looking for an easier way to load approx 500 more products with attributes. Is EP the way to go or should I stick to plugging away manually (ie one product at a time and all its associated attributes).

Many thanks.

edit: I should say i'm using 2.3.1 and have a few addons installed also.

Edited by sjs3674

Is that the actual erro that appears on the screen or have you changed it in any way.

If you have not changed it then try removing the apostophe/single quote from the product name and description and then place another test order.

Cheers

G

PS Don't forget to delete the order that is ausing the problem.

The only changes I made to the error listed is I wrote "This lists my Product's Title" and "This lists my Product's Model #" so people would know what was in the quotes.

You said "Don't forget to delete the order that is ausing the problem." they are all casuing that error to display. It will show the error for the most recent order and if I click on any other order it will show the related product title and model # for that other order.

A question about EP if I may.

I'm currently manually loading a store with potentially hundreds of products, with what feels like endless attributes. I've read that EP doesn't handle attributes well, and as such has put me off using/trying it out, is this still the case? as I'm looking for an easier way to load approx 500 more products with attributes. Is EP the way to go or should I stick to plugging away manually (ie one product at a time and all its associated attributes).

Many thanks.

edit: I should say i'm using 2.3.1 and have a few addons installed also.

EP handles attributes fine you just need to set up the headings correctly.

I have just set up a store store where the products have upto 20 odd options with some options having between 2 and 10 values to select from.

Try downloading an EP export file and use that as a template.

HTH

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

The only changes I made to the error listed is I wrote "This lists my Product's Title" and "This lists my Product's Model #" so people would know what was in the quotes.

If you change the error message how do you expect anyone to debug your problem?

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

If you change the error message how do you expect anyone to debug your problem?

G

Again, the only thing I changed was the actual product title and model #. The message is the same besides those values. It affects every single item so it isn't like it is one specific product title or model #

Edited by ggrant3

OK, your call.

Good luck.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have had my own website for a couple of years now - I have recently changed to OSC 2.3.1 and EP v2.76i and have also recently had to change all my model name to my suppliers' codes for easier updating - in this process I have changed my model name length for 12 to 20, but in the last 2 updates, I see it keeps adding duplicate products - supplier code is "CA-SATALT90-1B" - I have just downloaded a complete stock file from my website and all codes longer than 12 have been shortened to 12, maning that everytime I update, it adds "new product" when the product is already there! I now have 4 or 5 of the same items on my site!

How do I fix this error?

Thx

Russel