• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I just installed easy populate 2.77a, it will add the products and manufacturers but when I go to my catalog inside the admin control panel I don't have any categories or products. Can anyone help with this? My site is makereadyus.com

Thanks

I really need some help. :blink: I need to install easy populate Version 2.76i updated to work with osCommerce v2.3.1. I am not good at this sort of thing (on my own) and need someone to walk me through from beginning to end and how I teach my sellers to utilize it properly. This is something I have to have available and have had multiple requests for so far. I am an onlne eco-Marketplace, so every store that is opened is a new database / oscommerce installation. We are new so only have a few stores to tweak with this, but need to know how to do now before we get too large, and the email, tweets and SEO are really starting to take off. We are ranking on the first page of google, yahoo & aol so far for what I targeted, so not having this done asap is making me really nervous! If I need to beg a little I will :'( That's how important this is to me. I am holding up progress of my own site by not having this. Please, please, please, please help me!!!! (I am working on a broken shoestring budget that is tied in knots and wont even make a bow, so hiring someone is out of the question. I just believe in my idea and what we represent, but need someone to help out of kindness of heart.) please let me know. My site is eco-flock.com if you need to better understand my setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got OSC 2.31 and Easypopulate v2_77_a

Everything works except the import of attributes.

I've added some attributes and options in OSC.

For example, attribute: Size and Options: S, M, L ....you get the idea. The attribitues and options are exported ok, but how do I add them to a product?

The products that I've added the attribute to have a price of +0.0000 if I add a price of +0.0000 to other products, the attributes don't show. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried adding them without a + and as a integer (just 0) but it doesn't work.

So how do I add a attribute to a product?

I would be greatfull if somebody told me.

Best regards,

Kcid

Hello,

I need some help with the following below error. This error only occurs when I try to upload with fields v_customer_price_1, and v_customer_group_id_1. If I delete these from the file it uploads just fine. What is strange is when I download the initial EP file, the prior two fields are there already as expected. I am just filling in the data and uploading.

When I check the product in admin, it is created fine, but just no pricing under customer group.

Error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpNHwMd2

User filename: 3_Test.txt

Size: 179664

| 138010 | Gear Steel | Gear Steel | 138010.jpg | 4.95 | 2.48 | 1 | 0.3 | 9/16/2011 | 134972.jpg | Parts | d3.jp | D3 | New | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 2.48, 4192 )

---------

My Data

Windows 7 64

Editing software Excel 2010

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

DB: MySQL 5.0.77

PHP: 5.1.6 (Zend: 2.1.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/virtual/site.com/var/www/html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: tab

Excel safe output: false

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 2

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: true

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Thanks JR

upload_file.zip

Edited by gaspower

• 2 weeks later...

Server Information

Server Host: Linux hp76 x86_64

Database Host: localhost

Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5

Database: MySQL 5.1.56-log

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.3.8 (Zend: 2.3.0)

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

I'm a novice at best but very dedicate and willing to put in the time. I have a free template from template Monster. Everything installed OK and appeared ok but had a problem with the banner manager and found solution in the forum. Started to load products 1 by 1, so then I thought to look for a batch load method.

I have installed Easy Populate v2.77a to the point where I have it on the Catalog menu. I believe the free template is missing some files or my EP install is not for my v2.2 RC2a site. Because I was missing the template_top.php and Template_bottom.php because EP broke the first time I clicked the EP menu link and had to warnings about template_top.php not found. I’ve found them on this site and uploaded to the site, errors went away.

Now, the Current error is. Fatal error: Call to a member function buildHeaderTags() on a non-object in /home/site/public_html/admin/includes/template_top.php on line 13

When I look at line 13 of the template_top.php it is the firat line after the GNU license statement.

$oscTemplate->buildHeaderTags();

Any help will be appreciated very much!! Willing to read and search just point me in the path.

Best regards,

Jose

• 2 weeks later...

Easypopulate v2.76i for osCommerce v2.3.1

How do I get Easy Populate to handle the Large (secondary) images in osCommerce 2.3.1?

It looks like the Easy Populate 2.76i_2_231 has a bug related to downloading info about PRODUCT IMAGES in OSC 2.3.1

There is code that builds a string called "$ep_products_layout_product" but it is never referenced elsewhere in the file admin/easypopulate.php.

I did a quick hack and I got it to work - but ONLY for the Complete download option

More code changes are required for the other download options. - I will try to get to this later and post an update, unless someone gets to it first.

--- In the file admin/easypopulate.php

Find about line 1894

$filelayout['v_products_image'] = $iii++;

if (!empty($ep_additional_layout_product)) {

eval($ep_additional_layout_product);

}

Replace with

$filelayout['v_products_image'] = $iii++;

if (!empty($ep_products_layout_product)) { // fix for product images

eval($ep_products_layout_product);

}

if (!empty($ep_additional_layout_product)) {

eval($ep_additional_layout_product);

}

--------

Again - this is only for the case "full" or "complete" download. You would have to make similar code changes in other areas.

I have NOT does extensive testing, but it did download the image names, and when the fields are in the CSV file, they do upload correctly.

Please backup your DB and test to make sure this works for you.

Hope this helps some folks.

Bill

Hello Everybody,

I have installed Easy Populate v 2.76i 2009/08/02 everything is working fine.

The only Problam I have is, that additional Images and the corresponding html_descriptions are not shown in the CSV file.

Only the first product image is listed for every product.

EP_Products_Images is true;

EP_Products_Images_MAX is 6;

What´s wrong?

• 5 weeks later...

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-231

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3

HTTP:

DB:

PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:

/home/hitechpo/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Model Num Size: 16

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

Other Support:

Products Images: false

Extra Fields: true

Master Products: false

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.20 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.20 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP Version: 5.3.6 (Zend: 2.3.0)

Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5PAE Database: MySQL 5.0.92-community

The error message I keep receiving on uploads is:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phphylNPC

User filename: technology2.csv

Size: 606585

1062 - Duplicate entry '3778-1' for key 1

INSERT INTO manufacturers_info( manufacturers_id, manufacturers_url, languages_id ) VALUES ( 3778, '', '1' )

[TEP STOP]

This began when I implemented extra fields in the products_description table. The uload seemed to work fine for a while, then this error message began.

Any help appreciated.

Have you got 2 manufacturers in your input file where the first 32 characters are the same and then after that there is a difference?

That would cause that I suspect.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi, I see many people are asking the same question without much of a reply.

Basically I also have just noticed that if I load my items with lots of attributes only the item gets loaded and no attributes at all.

I have run a test with only one item. I gave it lots of attributes via admin and saved them. I then downloaded that item to my computer with all attributes in place. I checked the downloaded CSV file to make sure everything was there, it was. I then deleted the item from my store. I then uploaded the item again via Easy Populate with all the attributes on the CSV file but it loaded without 1 single attribute.

When I click "Insert into database" I get the file uploaded message and it also shows all the attributes in the list below this but they have not loaded.

Does anybody know why this may happen?

What does load is the item title, the price, the description if any and the image but no attributes.

Thanks and fingers crossed.

Michael

No, I am loading files with several manufacturers, but having the first 32 characters match with the balance different doesn't appear to be the case. I will get this message on the first upload entry. If I wait 30 seconds and try again, it will upload a number of items before the error message is repeated. I have confirmed my space allocated in the tables is large enough. The problem began when I created extra fields to upload. I would have thought the error message would be related to that, but it isn't the case. I've checked my syntax in the easypopulate.php file around line 298, I believe, where the upload logic occurs and it seems fine. All my php is properly terminated, etc., so I'm baffled. One other thing to consider is that I originally created two extra fields. This worked fine as well. When I decided to consolidate them into one field, handling the concatentaion via Excel prior to the upload, the error began. However, I deleted the unneeded field from my SQL files, redid the ine in easypopulate.php, and changed the settings in Administrator. Since that's when the error first occurred, I assumed I had done something wrong there, but I've rechecked my work a dozen times, and it all seems right.

The error is around code like this

// OK, we need to convert the manufacturer's name into id's for the database
	    if ( isset($v_manufacturers_name) && $v_manufacturers_name != '' ){
		    $sql = "SELECT man.manufacturers_id
			    FROM ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS." as man
			    WHERE
				    man.manufacturers_name = '" . tep_db_input($v_manufacturers_name) . "'";
		    $result = tep_db_query($sql);

If your manufactures name field is 32 you could try trim ing the field and restricting the length of tep_db_input($v_manufacturers_name) to that length cos it aint finding it in the db.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

The error is around code like this

// OK, we need to convert the manufacturer's name into id's for the database
		if ( isset($v_manufacturers_name) && $v_manufacturers_name != '' ){
			$sql = "SELECT man.manufacturers_id
				FROM ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS." as man
				WHERE
					man.manufacturers_name = '" . tep_db_input($v_manufacturers_name) . "'";
			$result = tep_db_query($sql);

If your manufactures name field is 32 you could try trim ing the field and restricting the length of tep_db_input($v_manufacturers_name) to that length cos it aint finding it in the db.

HTH

G

Hi GeoffreyWalton, sorry to trouble you like this but I have been reading through the posts again today and you seem to be the only person who is helping out others at the moment so I was wondering if you knew of an answer to the post I sent a couple of messages back? #8644.

I have a whole load of footwear items to load to my store with many colour and size attributes so I really need to get to the bottom of my attributes not loading correctly and any help would be a massive favour.

Thanks

Michael

Michael

I guess you are using a version that does not load attributes, sorry don't know one that does. With a bit of work I am sure they can be repaired.

Wish I could be more encouraging.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Michael

I guess you are using a version that does not load attributes, sorry don't know one that does. With a bit of work I am sure they can be repaired.

Wish I could be more encouraging.

Cheers

G

Thanks for the quick reply, I knew you would be helpful.

I am sure myself that I have used an earlier version which worked so I guess I will have to do a trial and error sequence until I get there. I will update here if I do manage it so it will help others.

Thanks again for your help

Michael

Hello,

Sorry, have tried to locate a resolve for this issue on this topic forum, but could not find one. I am getting the following error. Also I have below the error put all my details. If someone could give me some help, I would appreciate it.

Size: 489
| 10135 | Engine Mou | Engine Mou | 10135.jpg | 7.95 | 3.98 | 1 | 0.3 | 11/24/2011  10:06:00 PM | 34040.jpg | Car Parts | 34328.jpg | 2011 Series | DBBA | Taxable Go | Active Updated
1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 3.98, 301 )

Below are my details:

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.77a

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3

HTTP:

DB:

PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:

/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: on

Model Num Size: 12

Field seperator: tab

Excel safe output: false

Category depth: 4

Enable attributes: false

Other Support:

Unlimited Images: false

Extra Fields: false

Quick Backup Enabled: true

----------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home / Excel 2010

-----------

Upload File Attached

Thanks Jr

upload_sample.zip

Hello,

I think I have found my issue. Current table layout for products_groups is,

customers_group_id | smallint(5) unsigned | NO | PRI | 0 | |

| customers_group_price | decimal(15,4) | NO | | 0.0000 | |

| products_id | int(11) | NO | PRI | 0 | |

| products_qty_blocks | int(4) | YES | | 1 | |

| products_min_order_qty

I no longer have SPPC quantity discounts installed. So I believe I need to drop from table products_qty_blocks, and products_min_order_qty columns. Is this correct?

Thanks Jr

Hi All,

Need to ask for some ideas as I am stumped.

My installation worked for over 5 years..and for some reason, it throws up an upload error. After I choose the file, and click insert, it says

File uploaded.
Temporary filename:
User filename: EPBAC111.txt
Size: 0

The file just won't upload. I've checked the epconfigure.php settings and temp folder and the file is not there. The temp folder is 777 permission. If I ftp manually, everything is good to go. Would be grateful if anyone has any idea to solve the upload error.

- The Jackal

• 2 weeks later...

I receive an error message when switching any of the "Other Contributions Support" from false to true:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_image_description' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_image_description as v_products_image_description, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

Do I have to adjust anything or add to my DB? Apologies if this is answered somewhere, I have read through the documentation and searched through all relative forum posts but can not find anything like this issue. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am having a issue....

i installed a fresh copy of the oscommerce 2.3 and EP. when i go to import the products, it seems to be doing them fine. but it is not adding the items to the item list, either on the front or admin area of the cart.

the items show up however on the main page of the store, but they arent listed at all in a category on the left panel, or inside admin under products.

how do i get them to show up? what did i do wrong? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...