• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Is there a way to wipeout all the products online and then reimport the file or will I have to manually go and enter all codes online first?

Thanks

Rob

please backup your database just in case. The following script will clear all products for the default osc database. Run it in a utility that your host would offer like phpMyAdmin (popular free MySQL php database manager)

DELETE FROM `categories`;

DELETE FROM `categories_description`;

DELETE FROM `manufacturers`;

DELETE FROM `manufacturers_info`;

DELETE FROM `products`;

DELETE FROM `products_attributes`;

DELETE FROM `products_attributes_download`;

DELETE FROM `products_description`;

DELETE FROM `products_notifications`;

DELETE FROM `products_options`;

DELETE FROM `products_options_values`;

DELETE FROM `products_options_values_to_products_options`;

DELETE FROM `products_to_categories`;

DELETE FROM `specials`;

Then import the products from easypopulate.

You *can* avoid clearing your manufacturers and categories by leaving out the top four lines.

Edited by surfalot

please backup your database just in case. The following script will clear all products for the default osc database. Run it in a utility that your host would offer like phpMyAdmin (popular free MySQL php database manager)

DELETE FROM `categories`;

DELETE FROM `categories_description`;

DELETE FROM `manufacturers`;

DELETE FROM `manufacturers_info`;

DELETE FROM `products`;

DELETE FROM `products_attributes`;

DELETE FROM `products_attributes_download`;

DELETE FROM `products_description`;

DELETE FROM `products_notifications`;

DELETE FROM `products_options`;

DELETE FROM `products_options_values`;

DELETE FROM `products_options_values_to_products_options`;

DELETE FROM `products_to_categories`;

DELETE FROM `specials`;

Then import the products from easypopulate.

You *can* avoid clearing your manufacturers and categories by leaving out the top four lines.

Everything worked with the text and product codes but no product iamges were shown only the category images. Imagemagic is used for the thumbnails. Any ideas what I need to do so it works correctly?

Thanks

Rob

If you have the current version of SPPC, I don't believe this will work for you. It is coded for an older version.

Thanks for heads up

Which EP would be the correct one?

I'm using the SPPC, x-sell, pdf file function - more important to be able to update SPPC group pricing

One other thing - the EP cvs file is comma separated, should I remove specific tags like , : ; and so on in any descriptions or products??

Thanks

Edited by Peper

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

I installed this and I have a problem. I understand why it is happening, but I just don't know how to fix it.

I don't use product model #'s, do I need to?

When I downloaded the file I created product model #'s for each item, then uploaded the file to find that EP doubled my products. All categories and other information is fine but it treated each change (addition of model #) as a new product.

As I said, I understand why it thought was a new product, but is there a way I can use this without using model #'s or is there a way to "update" the file by adding in a model # without it making it a double entry, so that I can covert from not using model #'s to using them for future additions?

I installed this and I have a problem. I understand why it is happening, but I just don't know how to fix it.

I don't use product model #'s, do I need to?

When I downloaded the file I created product model #'s for each item, then uploaded the file to find that EP doubled my products. All categories and other information is fine but it treated each change (addition of model #) as a new product.

As I said, I understand why it thought was a new product, but is there a way I can use this without using model #'s or is there a way to "update" the file by adding in a model # without it making it a double entry, so that I can covert from not using model #'s to using them for future additions?

Anyone have an idea what I should do?

Does Easy populate "have" to go by model #'s?

If so, and I just upload my modified EP file with the model #'s then that will duplicate the products again. Could I then go into the database and do a mass deletion of the older (non model #) products which would then get rid of the duplicate product issue? Or would I have to delete the older products (originals without model #'s) one by one via the admin?

Edited by ggrant3

Hi,

Is possible to modify the following code of easypopulate.php to update or insert the price of attribute without "+" and "-"? maybe we can add an option of admin of easypopulate to select the price of attribute is being added or reduced from product's price. Is anyone know how to modify it?

// options_values price update begin

$v_attribute_values_price_var = 'v_attribute_values_price_' . $attribute_options_count . '_' . $attribute_values_count;

if (isset($$v_attribute_values_price_var) && ($$v_attribute_values_price_var != '')) {

$attribute_prices_query = "select options_values_price, price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$v_products_id . "' and options_id ='" . (int)$$v_attribute_options_id_var . "' and options_values_id = '" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "'";

$attribute_prices_values = tep_db_query($attribute_prices_query);

$attribute_values_price_prefix = ($$v_attribute_values_price_var < 0) ? '-' : '+';

// if negative, remove the negative sign for storing since the prefix is stored in another field.

if ( $$v_attribute_values_price_var < 0 ) $$v_attribute_values_price_var = strval(-((int)$$v_attribute_values_price_var));

// options_values_prices table update begin

// insert into options_values_prices table if no price exists

if (tep_db_num_rows($attribute_prices_values) <= 0) {

$attribute_prices_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values ('" . (int)$v_products_id . "', '" . (int)$$v_attribute_options_id_var . "', '" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (float)$$v_attribute_values_price_var . "', '" . $attribute_values_price_prefix . "')";

$attribute_prices_insert = tep_db_query($attribute_prices_insert_query);

} else { // update options table, if options already exists

$attribute_prices_update_query = "update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " set options_values_price = '" . $$v_attribute_values_price_var . "', price_prefix = '" . $attribute_values_price_prefix . "' where products_id = '" . (int)$v_products_id . "' and options_id = '" . (int)$$v_attribute_options_id_var . "' and options_values_id ='" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "'";

$attribute_prices_update = tep_db_query($attribute_prices_update_query);

}

}

// options_values price update end

Thanks in advance!!

Hello,

I am using version 2.76i, and all works fine except for one thing. When I import, the model numbers always import in lowercase. I can change upper or lower case in any other field and it imports correctly. What would be the cause of this one field always importing to lowercase?

Thanks JR

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a
HTTP: Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora)
DB: MySQL 5.0.27
PHP: 5.1.6 (Zend: 2.1.0)

Temp Directory:
/home/virtual/ofnawarehouse.com/var/www/html/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: on
Split files on: 300 records
Model Num Size: 12
Price with tax: false
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: false
Field seperator: tab
Excel safe output: false
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 4
Enable attributes: false
SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:
MVS Support: false
Additional Images: false
More Pics: false
UltraPics Pics: false
HTC: false
SPPC: true
Extra Fields: false
PDF Upload: false

I did a fresh OSC install in which all links were working normally. Then I installed Easy Populate and I uploaded a file from another store I have. After uploading the file I got no errors from the EP report. But when I try to click on a category or product I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/content/60/6881460/html/includes/application_top.php on line 353

What is wrong?

I did a fresh OSC install in which all links were working normally. Then I installed Easy Populate and I uploaded a file from another store I have. After uploading the file I got no errors from the EP report. But when I try to click on a category or product I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /html/includes/application_top.php on line 353

What is wrong?

UPDATE

It isn't just when clicking on a category or product. It is every link.

What I don't understand is why it is happening. I haven't touched anything in application_top near line 353.

I am now getting this error when trying to view a product

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'final_price' at line 1

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '27' final_price

The only thing I did to the csv (Excel) file was create model #'s, no other changes were made to the file.

Edited by ggrant3

Your errors have nothing to do with EP. The first one is a common osC bug; search the forum for that error message. The last one appears to be an incorrect edit to catalog/product_specifications.php, which EP does not change.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hey guys,

I asking what I hope is an easy question. The last store that I set up was about six months ago and I'm looking for some of the latest and greatest addon info.

Here's what I'm planning for my new store:

Ultimate SEO URL's

Goolge XML SEO Sitemap

Easy Populate

Some form of litebox addon. Simple Multiple Images with FancyBox?

Some form of thumb nailing addon. Will "Additional Images" be my best choice?

Google Checkout

Google Checkout Only

Google Analytics

KissMT

Google Base Data Feeder

FCKeditor

Sort Options

STS

Site Monitor

Extra Product Fields

Multi Vendor Shipping

So my questions are in regards to litebox? Thumbnailing? and do you see any conflicts with any of these and easy populate?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JeepSWAG

Your errors have nothing to do with EP. The first one is a common osC bug; search the forum for that error message.

I did and wasn't able to find anything that is why I posted for help on it. I found other application_top issues, but nothing resembling what my problem is

The last one appears to be an incorrect edit to catalog/product_specifications.php, which EP does not change.

Regards

Jim

I have no such file in catalog. I did a search on that and some say it should be in catalog/includes/modules but it isn't and others say it should be in admin/ but I have no such file. And I know for a fact that I have not touched it, because I can't even find it :)

Hi,

I have a little issue..

When inserting a 4700 items csv file with EP i get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'jpg, manufacturers_id = NULL, ' at line 12

UPDATE products SET products_price='maar zeer doeltreffend. Verwen uzelf en krijg het ook het Oranje Gevoel!

Waterdicht

13cm"', products_image='discreet', products_weight='12.73319328', products_tax_class_id='', products_date_available='1970-01-01 00:00:00', products_date_added='1970-01-01 00:00:00', products_last_modified='2010-11-04 13:15:59', products_quantity = 1109-43.jpg, manufacturers_id = NULL, products_status = 1 WHERE (products_id = 1633) LIMIT 1

EP Settings :

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.51a-24+lenny4-log

PHP: 5.3.3 (Zend: 2.3.0)

Temp Directory:

blabal/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Model Num Size: 30

Calc Precision: 4

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

Other Support:

SPPC: false

Yes model number size and calc i already have changed because of some other issue.

Some of my jpg files are like 55449-8.jpg maybe something with the -

Anybody know what it is..

Greetings, Anne

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed the EP version 2.76i onto my osCommerce v2.2 RC2. The installation went smoothly and I am able to download csv files and upload them without any issue, however when I modify the file before uploading it to my store there are no changes made to the store. I do not receive any error messages and everything seems to work smoothly except there is no effect. Please reply asap.

Hi,

I have a little issue..

When inserting a 4700 items csv file with EP i get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'jpg, manufacturers_id = NULL, ' at line 12

UPDATE products SET products_price='maar zeer doeltreffend. Verwen uzelf en krijg het ook het Oranje Gevoel!

Waterdicht

13cm"', products_image='discreet', products_weight='12.73319328', products_tax_class_id='', products_date_available='1970-01-01 00:00:00', products_date_added='1970-01-01 00:00:00', products_last_modified='2010-11-04 13:15:59', products_quantity = 1109-43.jpg, manufacturers_id = NULL, products_status = 1 WHERE (products_id = 1633) LIMIT 1

EP Settings :

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.51a-24+lenny4-log

PHP: 5.3.3 (Zend: 2.3.0)

Temp Directory:

blabal/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 30

Calc Precision: 4

Other Support:

Yes model number size and calc i already have changed because of some other issue.

Some of my jpg files are like 55449-8.jpg maybe something with the -

Anybody know what it is..

Greetings, Anne

I would suggest you have the wrong column heading for the data in the product_image and product_quantity columns and probably at least 1 other.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

Froogle - Attributes - Prices

Does anyone know how to use this add on so that I can create a froogle date file that includes prices?

We use attributes for EVERY product. And easy populate doesn't seem to work well with attributes.

All of our output has a 0 for the price.

Any ideas?

I am a new user with OSC 2.3.1 and am trying to install EP_v2_76i_MS2.

I am also having propblems with:

"Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php" "

my catalog.php file looks like:

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$cl_box_groups[] = array(

'heading' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'apps' => array(

array(

'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_REVIEWS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED)

)

)

);

?>

It does not have any of the usually referred to lines:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

How do I add the link for EasyPopulate link in this case.

Thanks.

Hi all I have following problem with this contribution: My settings are

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1
HTTP: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/5.2.5 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.8e
DB: MySQL 5.0.51a
PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:
/usr/local/www/data/sites/uhanie.eu/www/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Split files on: 3000 records
Model Num Size: 250
Calc Precision: 2

Other Support:

When I edit the complete cvs file in open office, I enter my new items in store and then I updated it through admin section in my estore. But the problem is that only the last entered row is shown and parrent category images of the entered new products are deleted. The other products I entered, don`t show. I tried to enter data in several ways but the effect is the same. Can somebody help?

It does not have any of the usually referred to lines:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

How do I add the link for EasyPopulate link in this case.

Hi,

I do have same problem like rundlegd. I am searching through google or in this forum for a solution but can't find one.

What I found: the structure of the box changed since v.2.3. Before it worked. This problem is not only arising for easy populate, but too for addons like site monitor.

So, we must wait till all the contributers bring up their addons to the newest coding style?

I may get it working here, but should than have problems in the addon related pages, isn't it?

Regards

Arunie