• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

oh no! really?, thats a real bumma for me...... are there any work arounds for this that you can think of? has anyone come accorss this before?

manually spliting the file is really not going to be an option.

I splitting the file in half really that hard? I didn't have any trouble, and I had to split mine further than that. OpenOffice Calc handles the large files without a problem on my system.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

No, it's not hard. But would be a major inconvience as our csv file is downloaded twice a day with updates from our suppliers etc. We need to spend our time during the day processing orders and running our business.

No, it's not hard. But would be a major inconvience as our csv file is downloaded twice a day with updates from our suppliers etc. We need to spend our time during the day processing orders and running our business.

there are lots of directions on how to configure your host environment to accommodate, please read the docs and discuss with your host. If your host can't help you accommodate the configuration & processing time necessary, find one that will. Some hosts will work with you, some will tell you to get non-shared hosting, others will tell you to get lost. Be smart when you choose your host and remember, osCommerce sites require additional consideration when choosing a host, and you should always require a "localhost" database. Remote database servers will always kill your processing time with osC & EP.

Edited by surfalot

thanks guys.

and you should always require a "localhost" database. Remote database servers will always kill your processing time with osC & EP

i did not know this! this maybe part of my problem as i connect to the db via an IP rather than local host.

the docs for this addon are excellent! i have read them i promise :-) i just wanted some feedback from the community to see if i could glean any more info. which i have done.

thanks for the advice.

by the way... great contrib, easy to install, well documented and very user friendly.

zac

can i just one more thing please....

when i run my import via EP it creates directories in my image dir. my question is this:

should the name of these directories be the name of the manufacturer or should the dir's be named after the category for which the belong?

currently they are being named as per the categories but i;'m not convinced this is correct, i though they should be named as per the manufacturer, like:

images/microsoft

not:

images/software

thanks

zac

Hi All,

I have done a search and can not find an answer to this problem im using php5.3.1 & MySQL 5.1.36

Function split() is deprecated in /srv/www/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1430

$namearr = split('\.',$file);

i have tried the following

$namearr = preg_split('/\./',$file);

$namearr = explode('\.',$file);

whilst above 2 give no errors no file is generated

im using Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 (with attributes) and oscommerce rc2

my settings are i am also using the globals work around ps i had no problems till php was upgraded to php5.3.1

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

Oscommerce rc2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.13 (Linux/SUSE)

DB: MySQL 5.1.36-log

PHP: 5.3.1 (Zend: 2.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/srv/www/htdocs/store/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: true

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Steve

can i just one more thing please....

when i run my import via EP it creates directories in my image dir. my question is this:

should the name of these directories be the name of the manufacturer or should the dir's be named after the category for which the belong?

currently they are being named as per the categories but i;'m not convinced this is correct, i though they should be named as per the manufacturer, like:

images/microsoft

not:

images/software

thanks

zac

EP shouldn't be creating images folders. You may create any scheme you wish when uploading the images, but then enter the image names relative to the images folder. If you upload an image catalog/images/microsoft/image1.jpg, then you enter microsoft/image1.jpg in the images column of your product.

Hi All,

I have done a search and can not find an answer to this problem im using php5.3.1 & MySQL 5.1.36

Function split() is deprecated in /srv/www/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1430

$namearr = split('\.',$file);

i have tried the following

$namearr = preg_split('/\./',$file);

$namearr = explode('\.',$file);

whilst above 2 give no errors no file is generated

im using Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 (with attributes) and oscommerce rc2

my settings are i am also using the globals work around ps i had no problems till php was upgraded to php5.3.1

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

Oscommerce rc2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.13 (Linux/SUSE)

DB: MySQL 5.1.36-log

PHP: 5.3.1 (Zend: 2.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/srv/www/htdocs/store/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: true

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Steve

go with

$namearr = explode('.',$file);

it would show you in settings column of EP page in your admin (you know, the information that the "how to ask for help" guide in the docs asks for :P ). If you are using anything older then the RCx versions, there are some table indexes that may help speed up the response. only a couple of these indexes will actually affect EP, but it shouldn't hurt.

SQL to run

alter table banners add index idx_banners_group (banners_group); 
alter table banners_history add index idx_banners_history_banners_id (banners_id); 
alter table currencies add index idx_currencies_code (code); 
alter table customers add index idx_customers_email_address (customers_email_address); 
alter table customers_basket add index idx_customers_basket_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table customers_basket_attributes add index idx_customers_basket_att_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table orders add index idx_orders_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table orders_products add index idx_orders_products_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table orders_products add index idx_orders_products_products_id (products_id); 
alter table orders_status_history add index idx_orders_status_history_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table orders_products_attributes add index idx_orders_products_att_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table orders_products_download add index idx_orders_products_download_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table products add index idx_products_model (products_model); 
alter table products_attributes add index idx_products_attributes_products_id (products_id); 
alter table reviews add index idx_reviews_products_id (products_id); 
alter table reviews add index idx_reviews_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table specials add index idx_specials_products_id (products_id); 
alter table zones add index idx_zones_country_id (zone_country_id);
alter table zones_to_geo_zones add index idx_zones_to_geo_zones_country_id (zone_country_id);

I know it has been over a year since I asked this question....and I never did see this post until today. I tried it and it worked perfectly. The download speed of a complete EP .csv file has gone from 2kbps to full speed:) Thank you so much for this fix.

Is it possible to do this by product id and not product model? That is the only thing holding me back. Also, could someone point me to where the exact file is. I looked at the downloads section of the easy populate contribution and couldn't make sense of which one to download. :)

Is it possible to do this by product id and not product model? That is the only thing holding me back. Also, could someone point me to where the exact file is. I looked at the downloads section of the easy populate contribution and couldn't make sense of which one to download. :)

The most fixed version is 2.76i. The one that would support product_id would be a version that supports the master products contribution. I believe nobody is supporting the master products version though.

Dear Surfalot,

You seem to be the go to guy for EP. I really appreciate you donating your time to help people out on this forum. Osc would be useless without people like you to show us non-coders how to use it! I am hoping you can give me an idea on where to look with a problem I am having. I think I was using version 2.76e or something like that earlier today but I uploaded the latest version to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. So the problem....I am trying to download a complete .csv file. I have like 24,000 products and like 300,000 attributes. I can download the entire file with all 24,000 products if I do not include the attributes with no problem. But if I include the attributes or try to download the attributes by themselves, the file stops short. I don't get any warning messages or time out messages, it just acts like it finished. It seems to stop around 7000 products short but not at the same place everytime. Any ideas on what would be causing that? Thank you.

Hello I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix this error with a CSV I am trying to import with EP.

Am I supposed to re-write the csv file?

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:

Here is the db in mdb,csv and txt format any help is very much appreciated.

http://fuhgetaboudit.com/store/db/

Edited by bklynjava2

Hello I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix this error with a CSV I am trying to import with EP.

Am I supposed to re-write the csv file?

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:

Here is the db in mdb,csv and txt format any help is very much appreciated.

http://fuhgetaboudit.com/store/db/

I think you need to take some time and read through the EP docs. You want to pay close attention to the parts that describe the header row you need in the CSV file to tell EP what each column is. Also watch for the info that tells you about the model number column that should be present in every import file to tell EP what product is to be updated or created.

Dear Surfalot,

You seem to be the go to guy for EP. I really appreciate you donating your time to help people out on this forum. Osc would be useless without people like you to show us non-coders how to use it! I am hoping you can give me an idea on where to look with a problem I am having. I think I was using version 2.76e or something like that earlier today but I uploaded the latest version to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. So the problem....I am trying to download a complete .csv file. I have like 24,000 products and like 300,000 attributes. I can download the entire file with all 24,000 products if I do not include the attributes with no problem. But if I include the attributes or try to download the attributes by themselves, the file stops short. I don't get any warning messages or time out messages, it just acts like it finished. It seems to stop around 7000 products short but not at the same place everytime. Any ideas on what would be causing that? Thank you.

I suspect the problem is a timeout. you should look at step 6 of the install instructions in the latest version. It talks about settings you can make in a php environment that will extent the normal time given to complete a script. You may want to discuss with your host the php.ini changes to make sure it is appropriate for your hosting plan.

You will have a hard time with a complete import of export with that many attributes. Editing the file in a spreadsheet program may be a challenge with that many columns. You may consider using the option to do partial exports/imports by manufacturer or category.

I suspect the problem is a timeout. you should look at step 6 of the install instructions in the latest version. It talks about settings you can make in a php environment that will extent the normal time given to complete a script. You may want to discuss with your host the php.ini changes to make sure it is appropriate for your hosting plan.

You will have a hard time with a complete import of export with that many attributes. Editing the file in a spreadsheet program may be a challenge with that many columns. You may consider using the option to do partial exports/imports by manufacturer or category.

Thank you. I already have special settings in my php.ini to allow longer scripts. But I did not know that I could export by catergory. I thought that the "filter by" thing just organized the download or something. That will take care of my problem. Thank you very much for your help!

Dear

I am working on the” Easy Populate” is very convenient,but now

I have a problem need to help.

It Troubled me for a long time,I try it again and again,but faild

I hope you can help me ,thank you very much

I add two contribution to my web

1.Products Short Description

the website http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3123

2. Quantity Price Breaks Per Product

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1242

I can’t add the field “Short Description”and”Price Breaks”to the csv files

Can you help me ,I’m a new leaner about “PHP”,how can I do?

Thank you very much

my admin interface

001.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by baiyangshuo

Hi There,

I too am looking for a way to use Seperate Pricing Per Customer with Price breaks. I am useing the last version so SPPC 4.2.2 and SPPC Price BReak 2.0. I appeaciate that I might have to pay somebody for the code, but coudl you good people please recommend somebody who is trustworthy?

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install Easy Populate. I followed the instructions that are given.

STEP #1 - Upload the following files to your osCommerce Store Directory

STEP #2 - Setup the "temp" folder

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

STEP #4 - Upload the following files to your osCommerce Store Directory

My problem is for step 3, I don't find any catalog.php file in "boxes" folder!! Where can I find it?

Thanks in advance

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

My problem is for step 3, I don't find any catalog.php file in "boxes" folder!! Where can I find it?

It doesn't mean in the package, it means in your store. If there's no catalog.php file in your osCommerce installation then admin won't work. If you were looking in the store, my guess would be you looked in catalog/includes instead of catalog/admin/includes

hope this helps

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hello.

I am trying to install EP using the instructions, but there is something wrong with the code in step 3..

I am using oscommerce 2.2.rc2a

Find this code (Around Line 25):

'' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'Easy Populate' .

----

The problem is that my code is like:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

I don't know what "directly after" means, because anywhere I put 'Easy Populate' . , it doesnt create a seperate link in admin panel :(

Help pls!

Edited by Inspektor

Hi, wondered if anyone can help.

I am importing a largish file of around 15MB and basically it stops, it wont let me split it, I have been able to upload 3,000 products which is about 1/5 of the files contents.

Is there any server/ file settings I can use to help load it for splitting or upload it all?

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.