• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Sorry about bumping my ow post. I didn't know it's not allowed.

Thank you so much for the help! When downloading, I saved it as a file then opened it with Excel. You were right, the problem did come from the Excel. Your suggestion works fine.

easy on bumping your post, not allowed.

I'm able to open that file fine in Excel XP.

when you download, are you opening the file directly from the download window, or saving it to the computer and opening it after?

With that excel version you may try to open excel first, import the file from the Data menu (XP). It's more of a pain that way, but you have more control as sometimes needed with dates (manually specify text format for those columns so excel doesn't change the format).

on upload i get

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 19, 97 )

i have sppc and have uploaded about 6 times successfully. then added quantity price breaks for sppc and i have errors. i havent changed any columns or settings. i exported my data to a new sheet and tried to upload it and still get error.

running sppc support but not attributes or any others

carie

i did change my date product added from long to short in product listing or product info (dont remember exactly where) could that be it

Edited by carie

Hi. Can anyone confirm whether the Extra Fields contribution that's supported is Extra Product Fields 1.0, Product Extra Fields or some other that I've failed to find so far?

I believe I've exhaustively checked the documentation, source config comments and searched the forums for the answer to this, so if it was already published somewhere I'd welcome being told where I should have looked :)

I'm thinking of using EP as a take-on tool for a store that's to be populated from a sales catalogue that's currently an access db, so I'm looking to implement the store requirements as far as possible with add-ons that are compatible with EP.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

it will do both of those, but the extra fields portion requires a separate data sheet from the rest. download

Hi Todd,

I installed the addon but I see this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_name' in 'field list'

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks.

Hi Todd,

I installed the addon but I see this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_name' in 'field list' select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1' [TEP STOP]

Thanks.

not enough info. please see the how to ask for help section of the docs.

Hi Surfalot - i too am wanting to use Extra Fields, but am having trouble understanding how to format the headers.

in your doc it says:

'v_products_model' The model number for the product. You must add this to each line and all v_products_model must be unique.

'v_products_extra_fields_name' Case sensitive name of the extra Field. Must be exactly the same as the name of the extra field in the admin area.

'v_products_extra_fields_id' This is the tricky one, it is the extra fields ID. You will probably need to use PHPMyAdmin to find out what it is.

'v_products_extra_fields_value' The value you want for the extra field.

For example, to add information for two extra fields, one called "List Price" and the other "Our Part No" you need a file in this format

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name,v_products_extra_fields_id,v_products_extra_fields_value,EOREOR

12UCM,List Price,1,£79.00,EOREOR

XVZ201E,Our Part No,2,SHAXVZ201E,EOREOR

Somehow that gives me the impression that a products_model can only have one extra field (when using EP), am i misunderstanding?

Because if products_model "must be unique", and different fields_names must be defined in the same column rather than using a numerated system like for categories or images which would have seemed more logical, then the whole thing seems pretty limited.

i would want to do something like this (like with attributes):

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name,v_products_extra_fields_id,v_products_extra_fields_value,EOREOR

12UCM,Our Part No,2,SHAXVZ201E,EOREOR

But even better would be (though i don't understand why both the name and id are needed):

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name_1,v_products_extra_fields_id_1,v_products_extra_fields_value_1,v_products_extra_fields_name_2,v_products_extra_fields_id_2,v_products_extra_fields_value_2,EOREOR

12UCM,List Price,1,£79.00,Our Part No,2,SHAXVZ201E,EOREOR

i'm weary to go experimenting, id you could help clarify it would be much appreciated. thanks!

-jennyb

Jenny, the file has a line for each extra field value, so if you have 3 extra fields you'll get three lines all starting with the same product model and referring to the same product in the store.

Jenny, the file has a line for each extra field value, so if you have 3 extra fields you'll get three lines all starting with the same product model and referring to the same product in the store.

thanks John - could you let me know the specific column names? or do you have an example of the file? because i don't see it in the example given. in my situation i have 4 different "extra fields" each with a dozen or so possible values. one product could have info for 1-4 extra fields. again, the way it's described in the instructions, it's just not obvious to me.

thanks!

-jennyb

12UCM,Our Part No,2,SHAXVZ201E,EOREOR

this is the correct example from your post. Use more then one line per product

does anyone have the additional code needed to run Easy populate with Quantity price breaks for sppc. the old code (2007) is all globals and beyond my ability to redo. I thought I could use EP to fill products then go in and edit products for price breaks and attributes, but the price break addition is throwing errors on upload. doesn't affect download.

carie

does anyone have the additional code needed to run Easy populate with Quantity price breaks for sppc. the old code (2007) is all globals and beyond my ability to redo. I thought I could use EP to fill products then go in and edit products for price breaks and attributes, but the price break addition is throwing errors on upload. doesn't affect download.

carie

not enough info. please see the how to ask for help section of the docs.

It's a reply of my previous posts #8276. I installed the addon you provided but I see that sql error.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_name' in 'field list'

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I am using CRELoaded 6.2.

Thanks a lot.

It's a reply of my previous posts #8276. I installed the addon you provided but I see that sql error.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_name' in 'field list' select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1' [TEP STOP]

I am using CRELoaded 6.2.

Thanks a lot.

That's still not enough info, as per the last response I gave. But I can tell you now that I don't support this contribution on any other platform. I'd say it is incompatible with the changes made in CRE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

sorry if this is a little bit off topic but it is for my osC site so i guess its kinda relivent....

I'm preparing a csv file ready for importing into my osC site using the contrib Easy Populate. My problem is that i dont know how to populate some of the newly created columns with data.

So for example Easy Populate requires each row in the csv file top end with EOREOR - so... i casn create the column called EOREOR no probs, but how do i then force EOREOR to appear on each row?

Please see my code below so far.

thanks

zac

<?php   
 ini_set("memory_limit","120M"); 
// REPORT ALL THE ERRORS WHILE WE ARE IN DEVELOPMENT MODE  
error_reporting(E_ALL);  

// READ THE FILE  
$arr = file('E:\Domains\wwwroot\MyCSVFile.csv');  

// GRAB THE FIRST LINE OF THE FILE  
$first_line = $arr[0];  

// BREAK IT INTO AN ARRAY - SEPARATING ON THE COMMAS  
$first_line_parts = explode(';', $first_line);  

// REASSEMBLE THE PARTS INTO THE FIRST LINE OF THE ARRAY  
$arr[0] = implode(';', $first_line_parts) . PHP_EOL;  

// SAVE THE NEW FILE 
file_put_contents('E:\Domains\wwwroot\completed_file.csv',  
"v_categories_name_1_1;v_categories_name_2_1;v_categories_name_3_1;v_products_model;v_manufacturers_name;v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;v_products_specials_price;;v_products_price;v_products_image;v_date_avail;v_products_weight;\n".implode($arr)); 

?>

Hi all,

sorry if this is a little bit off topic but it is for my osC site so i guess its kinda relivent....

I'm preparing a csv file ready for importing into my osC site using the contrib Easy Populate. My problem is that i dont know how to populate some of the newly created columns with data.

So for example Easy Populate requires each row in the csv file top end with EOREOR - so... i casn create the column called EOREOR no probs, but how do i then force EOREOR to appear on each row?

Please see my code below so far.

thanks

I'm not 100% n this question. if all you wish to do is fill a column with EOREOR, why not use an Excel feature, or copy/paste? Are you not using a spreadsheet software to create the file?

I'm not 100% n this question. if all you wish to do is fill a column with EOREOR, why not use an Excel feature, or copy/paste? Are you not using a spreadsheet software to create the file?

no the whole process will eventually be automated. basically what i'm doing is:

1, collecting and saving a csv file from my supplier

2, running a script that creates a copy of the csv file and makes it suitable for importing into EP

3, step 3 will then be to automate/schedual the whole process.

Edited by zac123

I doubt i'm the only one trying to use EP for this purpose. I wonder how other people have over come this.

i download a csv file from my supplier, i need to make the csv file fit and have all the correct headers so it will work when importing with EP.

The EP docs are excellent but of course they dont cover this because this is outside the scope of the contrib.

Anyone had to handle this already?

thanks

zac

I doubt i'm the only one trying to use EP for this purpose. I wonder how other people have over come this.

i download a csv file from my supplier, i need to make the csv file fit and have all the correct headers so it will work when importing with EP.

The EP docs are excellent but of course they dont cover this because this is outside the scope of the contrib.

Anyone had to handle this already?

thanks

zac

I've done it on many occasions for clients, but each one was completely custom and didn't use EP at all. Since each distributor/manufacturer is different, there isn't much point offering specific or custom scripts that accomplish this since all it will do is create a nightmare in the support thread of everyone asking for further development for their own personal purpose.

The latest versions of EP I've worked on can be called via script or command line in a cron job. See the forms on the EP mainpage for how to format your cron call.

This is a support topic for EP, so this really isn't an appropriate place to look for custom script development. there is a different forum here to discuss code development.

Hi All,

I have downloaded the Attribute Wizard and followed the step by step procedure on the oscommerce catalog. the display is ok. but I dont know whatz the mistake I made with this. Its not working and no errors same time.

I have seen in this post that to activate the go button to make this add on work some red color button, but i didnt find that anywhere in this application. :(

could someone please help me fix this. Im going nuts trying to figure out my problem "I want to add the attributes at a time to all the products"

Awaiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am new to the formum and to oscommerce. It appears to be a great tool and I am looking forward to getting it all working right. I am almost there?

I have opened a new topic for this issue but got no replies. I was not able to locate how to open a topic in the ez-populate support session, so I am replying to this thread. I hope that is the right way to do this.

I have several hundred products to upload so I installed ezpopulate v2_76i_MS2 in help in the upload process.

I am running a LAMP server with the following product versions:

1. Linux 2.6.18.165.el5PAE

2. MySQL 5.0.41

3. Apache 1.3.37

4. Php 5.2.3( Zend:2.2.0)

I am also running oscommerce 2.2rc.

I get double categories when uploading file http://www.huntersbeauty.com/Complete_combined_products_3_16_10_upload.csv to the catelog.

I have checked the file, I have two manufacturers product sets being uploaded, the error appears to be related to the manufacturer field! I get two categories all products separated by manufacturer? If I upload 3 manufacturers, I get triple category sets?

How do I resolve this issue? I would like the products to be separated by category only not by manufacturer!

the link ti the upload file is:

http://www.huntersbeauty.com/Complete_combined_products_3_16_10_upload.csv

I have also uploaded two file images, one for the double category issue, the other the EP settings:

1. EP settings : http://www.huntersbeauty.com/ez-pop_settings.JPG

2. Image of the category field in oscommerce showing the double categories : http://www.huntersbeauty.com/Catelog_dup_file.JPG

Any help addressing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cgreen6911

Hi, I am new to the formum and to oscommerce. It appears to be a great tool and I am looking forward to getting it all working right. I am almost there?

I have opened a new topic for this issue but got no replies. I was not able to locate how to open a topic in the ez-populate support session, so I am replying to this thread. I hope that is the right way to do this.

I have several hundred products to upload so I installed ezpopulate v2_76i_MS2 in help in the upload process.

I am running a LAMP server with the following product versions:

1. Linux 2.6.18.165.el5PAE

2. MySQL 5.0.41

3. Apache 1.3.37

4. Php 5.2.3( Zend:2.2.0)

I am also running oscommerce 2.2rc.

I get double categories when uploading file http://www.huntersbe...6_10_upload.csv to the catelog.

I have checked the file, I have two manufacturers product sets being uploaded, the error appears to be related to the manufacturer field! I get two categories all products separated by manufacturer? If I upload 3 manufacturers, I get triple category sets?

How do I resolve this issue? I would like the products to be separated by category only not by manufacturer!

the link ti the upload file is:

http://www.huntersbe...6_10_upload.csv

I have also uploaded two file images, one for the double category issue, the other the EP settings:

1. EP settings : http://www.huntersbe...op_settings.JPG

2. Image of the category field in oscommerce showing the double categories : http://www.huntersbe...og_dup_file.JPG

Any help addressing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cgreen6911

file not found on your CSV file. I suspect you have a category in your file with a leading or trailing space.

Hi All,

I have downloaded the Attribute Wizard and followed the step by step procedure on the oscommerce catalog. the display is ok. but I dont know whatz the mistake I made with this. Its not working and no errors same time.

I have seen in this post that to activate the go button to make this add on work some red color button, but i didnt find that anywhere in this application. :(

could someone please help me fix this. Im going nuts trying to figure out my problem "I want to add the attributes at a time to all the products"

Awaiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance.

as recommended in the docs, the best way to start is to create a product in your shop, export the product in EP, then use it as an example for the rest of the product's formatting.