• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Thanks for the reply. I tried using the YYYY-MM-DD format but now it's saying the products were added on Wednesday, 31. December 1969 - could this be because the english.php was edited due to instruction to do so in another thread?

Thanks!

if you are using excel, it will screw up the dates on you. if inserting dates are important, you need to specify the date column as text when importing into excel to maintain the date EP exported. does that help?

if you are using excel, it will screw up the dates on you. if inserting dates are important, you need to specify the date column as text when importing into excel to maintain the date EP exported. does that help?

To be honest, I don't really mind what the date says - as long as it's something up-to-date and not 1969! I would even get rid of it if possible...what do you advise?

Once again, thanks for your help.

To be honest, I don't really mind what the date says - as long as it's something up-to-date and not 1969! I would even get rid of it if possible...what do you advise?

Once again, thanks for your help.

so that didn't help? So you're using excel, you've tried making the date column text and entered the date as specified in the docs, you verified after saving from excel the date format is as specified in the EP docs, imported, and it still imports wrong?

Best advice I can offer is to export using EP, open in a text editor and check the format, use that exact format when creating your new import.

Its really easy to remove the added date from the product info page. (beyond the scope of this topic).

so that didn't help? So you're using excel, you've tried making the date column text and entered the date as specified in the docs, you verified after saving from excel the date format is as specified in the EP docs, imported, and it still imports wrong?

Best advice I can offer is to export using EP, open in a text editor and check the format, use that exact format when creating your new import.

Its really easy to remove the added date from the product info page. (beyond the scope of this topic).

Yeah, that didn't work, so I decided to remove the date added completely as you suggested.

Thanks!

Yeah, that didn't work, so I decided to remove the date added completely as you suggested.

Thanks!

Hmm, maybe if you post a link to a sample of your import file next time (as suggested by the how to ask for help in the docs), I can help further.:thumbsup:

I just installed OSCMax, which already has Easy Populate included. I wanted to see if there is a way to overwrite the product database by uploading a file. Specifically, if an item is in the catalog, but the new feed does NOT include it, I want it to be deleted. If that won't work, can you delete all the products and then just upload them again?

I would love to read the documentation, but when I download the Zip file (and I tried twice), I can get into the readme.txt files, but not the Documentation and Installation file. Is there another location where I might find that?

Thanks!

I just installed OSCMax, which already has Easy Populate included. I wanted to see if there is a way to overwrite the product database by uploading a file. Specifically, if an item is in the catalog, but the new feed does NOT include it, I want it to be deleted. If that won't work, can you delete all the products and then just upload them again?

I would love to read the documentation, but when I download the Zip file (and I tried twice), I can get into the readme.txt files, but not the Documentation and Installation file. Is there another location where I might find that?

Thanks!

I can only support the versions I uploaded to this group. What's the problem you are having getting into the docs? I downloaded it and the docs are there and working.

I can only support the versions I uploaded to this group. What's the problem you are having getting into the docs? I downloaded it and the docs are there and working.

I'm using Easy Populate 2.76b since it was installed with OSCMax. When I try to open Installation and Documentation.html I get this error: File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Users/Alisa/AppData/Local/Temp/catalog/admin/EPDocumentation/contents.htm.

* Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

HOWEVER, I did just try the "Display" option on my zip extractor and I think I got what I needed. So, I guess I'm all set. Thanks though.

I'm using Easy Populate 2.76b since it was installed with OSCMax. When I try to open Installation and Documentation.html I get this error: File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Users/Alisa/AppData/Local/Temp/catalog/admin/EPDocumentation/contents.htm.

* Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

HOWEVER, I did just try the "Display" option on my zip extractor and I think I got what I needed. So, I guess I'm all set. Thanks though.

if you are trying to view it "from" the zip extractor, yes that will happen. You need to extract the entire package before attempting to view it. The file Installation and Documentation.html pulls on other files from that package.

if you are trying to view it "from" the zip extractor, yes that will happen. You need to extract the entire package before attempting to view it. The file Installation and Documentation.html pulls on other files from that package.

Yes, that would be the problem. I see your point. Thanks.

I am having a problem that my prices are not showing up on my site I know I should attach my csv file but for the life of me I cant do it I really am not dumb 99% of the time but can some one tell me how to attach my file crying.gif

I am having a problem that my prices are not showing up on my site I know I should attach my csv file but for the life of me I cant do it I really am not dumb 99% of the time but can some one tell me how to attach my file crying.gif

as the documentation says: This is easy to do. Simply FTP all or a portion of your import file to the root of your shop's hosting space (remember, no spaces in the file name. Then post a link to the file like this: http://www.myshop.com/shop/mycsv.csv. After someone has responded, you can remove it.

if it is sensitive, you can PM me the link.

thank you for you help this is the link again thank your for all your help

http://www.mystichaven.net//sample_output_file1.csv

Edited by MzKris

as the documentation says: This is easy to do. Simply FTP all or a portion of your import file to the root of your shop's hosting space (remember, no spaces in the file name. Then post a link to the file like this: http://www.myshop.com/shop/mycsv.csv. After someone has responded, you can remove it.

if it is sensitive, you can PM me the link.

ingore the previous link I hit save too fast this I hope will work http://www.mystichaven.net.//public_html/catalog/sampleoutputfile1.csv

Edited by MzKris

ingore the previous link I hit save too fast this I hope will work http://www.mystichav...outputfile1.csv

are the prices showing in the admin where you edit the products? Doesn't appear to be your file, it look fine and import correctly in my test shop. My guess would be your product info page code is corrupted somehow.

Edited by surfalot

are the prices showing in the admin where you edit the products? Doesn't appear to be your file, it look fine and import correctly in my test shop. My guess would be your product info page code is corrupted somehow.

The prices are not showing anywhere were should I look?

The prices are not showing anywhere were should I look?

At this point you should consider looking at the how to ask for help section of the docs and provide the info requested.

the next thing I would look at is the products_price field in the products table. Hosts commonly offer phpMyAdmin to view the raw database. Check if the data has been added to the products_price field.

Hello All,

Good day!

I am new to this forum. I have CRELoaded 6.2 standard and I want to have Easy Populate that will include Product Attributes and Extra Fields. Would this version applicable? Where can I download this?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I apologize, up front, for my ignorance in all of this. But for days I've been wandering around these forums in a daze trying diligently to understand how I add my products to OSCommerce. I previously set up my site, which I haven't published yet, using

Webeasy 8 Professional with Paypal Standard add to cart buttons. I decided to go with dot5hosting.com and they provide an option of using OSC as well as agoracart and zen. After reviewing the options and features of all, I chose osc and now realize that I'll essentially have to scrap my original work and go with osc for the design of my site.

I have been reading 100's of pages of posts over the last few days and find that I'm reading the old posts first, some dating back to 2003. This was the way I thought best to proceed but now I'm questioning the logic of that and have gone to the last third of the posts on a topic. I find I'm getting much further this way and think that this post is probably the answer to my prayers. However, I am a newbie in all of this and don't know quite where to begin. I have written to another section of this forum asking for advice on how to get to this very add on. I'd like to use it and have downloaded it to my PC, but now I'm not sure that's the thing to do.

Can someone please give me some basic info on where to install it to and how to set it up from scratch? I don't expect anyone to provide step by step instructions but hope that someone can just inform me about how to proceed in downloading, installing, and setting it up in a brief overview. I'll try to figure it out from there. Thanks to everyone for listening to me rant and rave and to anyone willing and able to help me out with this.

Sheila

Hi All,

I apologize, up front, for my ignorance in all of this. But for days I've been wandering around these forums in a daze trying diligently to understand how I add my products to OSCommerce. I previously set up my site, which I haven't published yet, using

Webeasy 8 Professional with Paypal Standard add to cart buttons. I decided to go with dot5hosting.com and they provide an option of using OSC as well as agoracart and zen. After reviewing the options and features of all, I chose osc and now realize that I'll essentially have to scrap my original work and go with osc for the design of my site.

I have been reading 100's of pages of posts over the last few days and find that I'm reading the old posts first, some dating back to 2003. This was the way I thought best to proceed but now I'm questioning the logic of that and have gone to the last third of the posts on a topic. I find I'm getting much further this way and think that this post is probably the answer to my prayers. However, I am a newbie in all of this and don't know quite where to begin. I have written to another section of this forum asking for advice on how to get to this very add on. I'd like to use it and have downloaded it to my PC, but now I'm not sure that's the thing to do.

Can someone please give me some basic info on where to install it to and how to set it up from scratch? I don't expect anyone to provide step by step instructions but hope that someone can just inform me about how to proceed in downloading, installing, and setting it up in a brief overview. I'll try to figure it out from there. Thanks to everyone for listening to me rant and rave and to anyone willing and able to help me out with this.

Sheila

Have to seen the docs included in the download? The most up-to-date how-to info is in the docs included in the download. That would be the best place to start.

Hello All,

Good day!

I am new to this forum. I have CRELoaded 6.2 standard and I want to have Easy Populate that will include Product Attributes and Extra Fields. Would this version applicable? Where can I download this?

Thanks.

it will do both of those, but the extra fields portion requires a separate data sheet from the rest. download

Thanks for the advice Todd I will do that. Can you just tell me if I'm supposed to download to my PC and install there to read the installation instructions. I'm just not sure if it's an add on I would directly install to and use from my PC. Thanks again.

Sheila

I asked the question a year ago but didn't come back with the needed information for some reason. Sorry about that.

Here is the issue again:

I use EP to create and upload products to my store. It's been working fine until I tried to use HTML code on the product description to introduce extra images for the products.

Here is what I do. I create a table with images and descriptions for the product via dreamweaver, then select the table and copy the source code to the product description cell on Excel. After that, I save the Excel as CSV. When I import the CSV file to my store via EP, there is nothing wrong. The product is added successfully.

Problem comes when I export the products from my store to my computer. The downloaded Excel (or CSV) file contains a huge cell that has almost everything on it: the product name, product model, product description. It seems everything is jammed together. It's not possible to read the Excel file, let along updating it and putting it back online.

One more thing, when I save the Excel file (with my html code) as CSV, I realize that the CSV file is the same as the one I downloaded via EP.

Can someone help here? I really need to fix that. Thanks a lot.

Information:

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.90-msl-usrs-sure2-log

PHP: 5.2.12 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/char4u/www/gbtest/ep_temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 64

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Pop Up Images: true

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: true

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

I use Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Excel 2000

Link to the file EP is producing:

http://gbtest.char4u.com/ep_temp/EP2010Feb21-2210-dragon.csv

Thanks in advance for the help.

Gather information:

1) Set EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to true in the EP settings and then copy the

settings & server info that are displayed on the EP main page into your post.

2) Include the type of operating system and software you are using to edit

the datafile. (Windows, MAC, Linux) / (Excel, Open Office, etc.)

3) Post a link to the file EP is producing.

** Please avoid posting the sample data since the forum may modify it.

4) Place all information in your post.

Problem comes when I export the products from my store to my computer. The downloaded Excel (or CSV) file contains a huge cell that has almost everything on it: the product name, product model, product description. It seems everything is jammed together. It's not possible to read the Excel file, let along updating it and putting it back online.

easy on bumping your post, not allowed.

I'm able to open that file fine in Excel XP.

when you download, are you opening the file directly from the download window, or saving it to the computer and opening it after?

With that excel version you may try to open excel first, import the file from the Data menu (XP). It's more of a pain that way, but you have more control as sometimes needed with dates (manually specify text format for those columns so excel doesn't change the format).