• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Easy Populate Version 2.76i-MS2 file splitting does not work. The file split function does not work:

The file split function does not work under "Upload and Split EP File"- after pushing "browse" button and selecting the file to upload, you push the "insert into db" button, the progress bar comes on, then page resets-goes back to the way it was...(the file I am trying to upload has 9876 products...) No split up files show up, especially of the kind: "EP_Split1.txt, EP_Split2.txt,..." as described in the Easy Populate Manual/EP Documents.

Neither will the "Import EP file from Temp Dir" dropbox field show any split up files that is supposed to be listed there.

However, uploading works for 10 and 300 products under the "Upload and Import EP File". I have tried it. But the "Upload and Split EP File" function does not work as I just described. Anybody can please help solve the problem?

ps. I have spent hours checking the configuration, particularly the path to "temp/" file. "temp/" file seems to be set properly as it works for file uploads up to 300 products. And the "temp" file is accessible, and is set to 0777 chmod.

I have also checked the file for complete headers, made sure v_products_model

has a number and EOREORs are in place... also tested it with the original products in the OScommerce shopping cart, added 5 products and then 267 new products and it all has worked. The only thing it won't do is 'file split'.

ps2. I have tried the "Create Complete .csv file in temp dir" link in the lower right hand corner of the admin panel under "Create Files in Temp Dir

", and it works. However, I did have to go to "Tools > File Manager > Temp" in the admin panel of OScommerce and push the "upload" button again to get the csv file (with 9876 products to show up in the temp/ folder.

information on my settings:

EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS is set to true.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

DB: MySQL 5.0.85-community

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/adultno1/public_html/lifelineelectronics.com/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Sample of upload CSV file: http://lifelineelect..._ATTRIBUTES.csv

Thank you

Thanks again surfalot for your response the other day, it worked very well. Now on to another question. I've added UPSXML with Dimension support and everthing works properly but I wanted to figure out how I can integrate the "product_width", "product_height", "product_length" and "product_ready_to_ship" variables into the admin section of EP so I can more easily populate the UPS shipping fields. Any insight or direction?

Secondly, am I correct that if I upload a file with only the "v_product_model" and "v_product_special_price" it will ONLY change the special price for the product and leave the other variables in tact? Provided I include the EOREOR field on each row.

Thanks,

Cary

UPDATE: I figured it out. It's in there! (Ragu Sauce Music) I found the $custom_fields in the easypopulate.php and added width, height, etc. Works fantastically! Now I can just download the UPS shipping info for each item or product group, make the changes and upload the file. Makes this so much easier than changing each item on the site in the catalog. And obviously excel allows "fill down" for multiple changes of the same field.

Happy Holidays,

Cary

Edited by JoeySchmoe

Secondly, am I correct that if I upload a file with only the "v_product_model" and "v_product_special_price" it will ONLY change the special price for the product and leave the other variables in tact? Provided I include the EOREOR field on each row.

theoretically yes, but always backup before, then verify things after to make sure no other data is changed or mysteriously disappears.

Hello,

Is it possible to get import result in more than 10 characters between ||<-->|| ?

I have a larger file names so it is impossible to follow results because it only returns a first 10 characters of product name and model. I will appreciate if someone can tell me where to change that setting.

Cheers.

wow, how cool is this. got this up and running in about 2 minutes. thanks very much indeed.

taking this a stage further....

if i wanted to import a csv file where the column header names where different, how would i go about matching up the .csv file columns to the correct OSC columns - whithout having to manually edit of course.

thanks

zac

Easy Populate Version 2.76i-MS2 file splitting does not work. The file split function does not work:

I have this same problem too but I did notice that if I upload the file to my temp directory that it will actually split the file for you. After you do the upload browse and select the file as you usually would and it'll find the file and split it for you. I assume the upload fails some where along the way but manually uploading it seems to solve the problem. It's not ideal but it works. :D

Dan

Hello,

Is it possible to get import result in more than 10 characters between ||<-->|| ?

I have a larger file names so it is impossible to follow results because it only returns a first 10 characters of product name and model. I will appreciate if someone can tell me where to change that setting.

Cheers.

this line of easypopulate_functions.php should get you started.

echo " | " . substr(strip_tags($item2), 0, 10);

wow, how cool is this. got this up and running in about 2 minutes. thanks very much indeed.

taking this a stage further....

if i wanted to import a csv file where the column header names where different, how would i go about matching up the .csv file columns to the correct OSC columns - whithout having to manually edit of course.

thanks

zac

search and replace would be a good tool for that. The only difficulty will be if you want to rename any column that ends in a _1 or some other number. Those digits are added by the code and would be good job to correct as you need.

yes search and replace would work but i need something a little more automated. I have written a script which uses:

foreach ($first_line_parts as $pointer => $one_part)

{ if (trim($one_part) == 'whatever in here')

{$first_line_parts[$pointer] = 'whatever in here';

}

}

and this seems to work.

some of the field names do end in _1 fo example the category names. but i'm only ever going to use the same amount of catgories so presumably these number will stay the same i.e. cate_1 & cat_2 etc?

I have another question....

my csv file contains extra fields/columns of data which i want to include. I'm thinking of using the extra_fields_everywhere Mod (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3164) so that i can create extra product fields but do you know how i can get EP to recognise them and import the data into the correct fields ??

thanks

all help appreciated.

zac

yes search and replace would work but i need something a little more automated. I have written a script which uses:

foreach ($first_line_parts as $pointer => $one_part)

{ if (trim($one_part) == 'whatever in here')

{$first_line_parts[$pointer] = 'whatever in here';

}

}

and this seems to work.

some of the field names do end in _1 fo example the category names. but i'm only ever going to use the same amount of catgories so presumably these number will stay the same i.e. cate_1 & cat_2 etc?

I have another question....

my csv file contains extra fields/columns of data which i want to include. I'm thinking of using the extra_fields_everywhere Mod (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3164) so that i can create extra product fields but do you know how i can get EP to recognise them and import the data into the correct fields ??

thanks

all help appreciated.

zac

well, since you only spent 2 minutes installing it, a safe bet would be that you give the full docs and settings a read as requested by the install help. now would be a good time for that. :thumbsup:

yes point taken, the docs for this mod are excellent. to be honest i thought i'd read through them all before i even installed but i did miss the section about 'extra fields'.

the comment about taking 2 mins to install was meant more as a complement to the creator to show just how easy it was to install.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

lifeline, on 17 December 2009 - 04:55 AM, said:

I have this same problem too but I did notice that if I upload the file to my temp directory that it will actually split the file for you. After you do the upload browse and select the file as you usually would and it'll find the file and split it for you. I assume the upload fails some where along the way but manually uploading it seems to solve the problem. It's not ideal but it works.

Dan

Thanks for replying Dan,

I have tried to upload the file to temp/ folder and then pushing the browse and reselecting the same file to the "Upload and Split EP File" field. The file appears, but when I push the "split file" button, it times out on me, just like it was for "Upload and Import EP File". Is there any settings I should be aware of or special procedure to get the File Split to work?

Thanks

dawson

Hi all - I have just had to re-install my website on a new server/host and my website seems to be slightly broken. I have a basic install of easy populate, with only a 2 category depth, and no attributes.I upload my CSV file into my temp directory, and then import it using the EP panel in my admin.The reason for me updating it this way instead of the usual way of splitting the file is that i keep getting timeouts once I have more than about 1200 products.Then I figured out you could just transfer it using the FTP program and just insert the file as if you have already split it!I find that this way I can upload a csv file with about 1200 products in and update the whole lot all at once!

In the OScommerce admin it shows all my products, but not on the website - all totals are shown, but as soon as you go into any category, there is nothing!

Is this an easy populate error, or must I look somewhere else?

I have tried resetting the category depth back to 7 from 2, thinking that it needs 1 or so more(I thought maybe it reads the first category depth as the 2nd) and have reloaded the CSV file and updated it again to see if that fixes it, but no luck.

I just noticed something else - when I click on a category, like "CPU Cooler", the site comes up with the sub-category headings at the top, but above that it says "categories", not "CPU Cooler". then when one clicks on a sub-category like "ASUS", the site of course does not show the products in the sub-category, and the heading goes back to "Goodies for sale", instead of the sub-category.http://russalpc.co.za

Many thanks in anticipation

Russel

Thanks for replying Dan,

I have tried to upload the file to temp/ folder and then pushing the browse and reselecting the same file to the "Upload and Split EP File" field. The file appears, but when I push the "split file" button, it times out on me, just like it was for "Upload and Import EP File". Is there any settings I should be aware of or special procedure to get the File Split to work?

Thanks

dawson

have you seen this in the settings of easypopulate.php?

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****
// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files
// NOTE: If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini
// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts
// set_time_limit(330);

if that doesn't help, ask your host if you are able to do the same in a php.ini file. More info on this is available in step 6 of the install notes in the docs.

Hi all - I have just had to re-install my website on a new server/host and my website seems to be slightly broken. I have a basic install of easy populate, with only a 2 category depth, and no attributes.I upload my CSV file into my temp directory, and then import it using the EP panel in my admin.The reason for me updating it this way instead of the usual way of splitting the file is that i keep getting timeouts once I have more than about 1200 products.Then I figured out you could just transfer it using the FTP program and just insert the file as if you have already split it!I find that this way I can upload a csv file with about 1200 products in and update the whole lot all at once!

In the OScommerce admin it shows all my products, but not on the website - all totals are shown, but as soon as you go into any category, there is nothing!

Is this an easy populate error, or must I look somewhere else?

I have tried resetting the category depth back to 7 from 2, thinking that it needs 1 or so more(I thought maybe it reads the first category depth as the 2nd) and have reloaded the CSV file and updated it again to see if that fixes it, but no luck.

I just noticed something else - when I click on a category, like "CPU Cooler", the site comes up with the sub-category headings at the top, but above that it says "categories", not "CPU Cooler". then when one clicks on a sub-category like "ASUS", the site of course does not show the products in the sub-category, and the heading goes back to "Goodies for sale", instead of the sub-category.http://russalpc.co.za

Many thanks in anticipation

Russel

for the timeouts, see the docs and settings I just pointed lifeline to. for the rest, reread the how to ask for help section of the docs.

Here is the full info : EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.88

PHP: 5.2.10 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/vhosts/russalpc.co.za/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Enable attributes: false

Unknown Pics: false

On my own PC I am using Windows XP SP3, completely updated, and Office 2007 professional

Sorry, but I did not have these errors on my old server/host - everything worked fine first time

Russel

I am putting system info here for convenience:

information on my settings:

EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS is set to true.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

DB: MySQL 5.0.85-community

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/adultno1/public_html/lifelineelectronics.com/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Enable attributes: true

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

UltraPics Pics: false

PDF Upload: false

Sample of upload CSV file: http://lifelineelect..._ATTRIBUTES.csv

Hi,

I just read 'Russalpcs's post. He is having trouble with File Splitting too. I believe Dan Cole who replied to my posting also had this problem.

So it is not just me. A lot of people are having this problem.

My EP version is :2.76i-MS2 (the latest version)

Russels is :2.76h-MS2 (the previous version)

Dan? What is your version?

Also, I noticed:

My osCommerce Version is: v2.2 RC2a (the latest version)

Russels is: v2.2 RC1 (the previous version)

Dan what is your version?

It seems file splitting does not work for the current version or the previous versions. The question is, on what version does it work?

Does anybody know what version of Easy Populate has 'File Splitting' working? And if it works, what is the version of OScommerce you are using?

Thanks much in advance.

dawson

lifeline: read your replies

russalpcs: reread the how to ask for help (again).

on page 406 I reposted to the reply: (no answer, and the suggestion didn;t work. That is why I am asking again...)

Posted Today, 02:32 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

lifeline, on 17 December 2009 - 04:55 AM, said:

I have this same problem too but I did notice that if I upload the file to my temp directory that it will actually split the file for you. After you do the upload browse and select the file as you usually would and it'll find the file and split it for you. I assume the upload fails some where along the way but manually uploading it seems to solve the problem. It's not ideal but it works.

Dan

Thanks for replying Dan,

Thanks

dawson