• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I past your comments on to my host who said...

I've not done anything else at present.

I'm not sure what they mean by "PHP 5 was deployed in November 2007, so it wouldn't be that." Too many pronouns, I hate it when support is vague. Are they saying they are not using mod_security any longer?

The exception, although defined globally, can specifically reference your site only. No need to setup a global exception for the script on every site.

you need a friendlier host. Did they at lease offer to help you track the error for more information that can help you track down the specific issue?

Edited by surfalot

I've been researching Easy Populate -- sounds like it will do what I'm needing to accomplish ---- but also sounds like I MIGHT need to be a 'real' programmer to be able to alter / tie in the back-end code, etc.... Is this a good assumption???

I have some html experience - but not much more..........

Wondering if someone can tell me the simple version of how to download EP, then once downloaded, what exactly do I need to do?

For instance, when I download, does it feed directly into my osCommerce store area? or will it go someplace like my Desktop, which will require movement and integration knowledge of how to tie it into osC.

Is this the correct place to download it? http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

I'm not seeing a "download" button/option....?

Assuming it acts as an add-on (that downloads into osC; will it be intuitive on what to do next?

I have a spreadsheet ready to go -- to upload approx 200 items.

I can scale it back to 50 or so at a time if this is less taxing on the code/procedure.

Just need some Beginner/How To guidance to get this thing rolling! rolleyes.gif

6. (etc.)

If this is more of an advanced tool that requires a lot of developer code knowledge, can you recommend something that's simple, intuitive, yet robust enough to allow easy uploads of multiple products at once...?

Thanks! Chris

That is a noob question. That is where to download. As far as installing goes, this contribution is pretty basic. It's the usage that might get you scratching your head.

The download icon is on the right side of the entry. Download the latest I uploaded. Unzip the files locally. Find the "Documentation and Installation.html" file. Most of the known knowledge about it is there.

Start at the top and read the pre-install info, install info, and usage info. Have fun. Come-on back if you get stuck on something.

you need a friendlier host. Did they at lease offer to help you track the error for more information that can help you track down the specific issue?

They're a hell of a lot better than any I've had before, and they virtually have no down time.

No help offered, but I think my best move at present is to hand it over to a developer to install the latest version and carryout some other work that I need doing.

In the meantime, thanks for the help you've given :o)

Chris

EP has a lot of documentation included in it.

Installation is a doddle, just read the readme files and follow the instructions.

It does take a bit of time to get your head round the format of the file you want to upload.

Set up one product manually so it right on your sight.

Then create a download file. Check it will upload, now you can use that a a template for your 200 products.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hope this is not offtopic, but I'm wondering if you are maybe using More Pics 6 with Easy Populate? Is it hard to install? Can you recommend which package I exactly need to download because several variations can be found. <_<

I hope you will see this. Thanks! :)

Hope this is not offtopic, but I'm wondering if you are maybe using More Pics 6 with Easy Populate? Is it hard to install? Can you recommend which package I exactly need to download because several variations can be found. <_<

Just as there are several variations of EP, there are now several variations of more pics. If you can be a little more specific about which more pics you are using, I may be able to offer some info.

Just as there are several variations of EP, there are now several variations of more pics. If you can be a little more specific about which more pics you are using, I may be able to offer some info.

Thanks for your answer :) I'm using EP version 2.76i MS2 that can be found here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/500

I have not yet installed MorePics 6 or UltraPics. I want to be sure which one is easiest to use and install BEFORE I start to mess with files etc.

So just teach me :thumbsup: Thank you.

Thanks for your answer :) I'm using EP version 2.76i MS2 that can be found here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/500

I have not yet installed MorePics 6 or UltraPics. I want to be sure which one is easiest to use and install BEFORE I start to mess with files etc.

So just teach me :thumbsup: Thank you.

v2.76i supports an older version of MorePics, v1.3 and earlier I think. Also supports UltraPics 2.05 & Additional Images 2.1.1 as stated on the upload/download page.

v2.76i supports an older version of MorePics, v1.3 and earlier I think. Also supports UltraPics 2.05 & Additional Images 2.1.1 as stated on the upload/download page.

OK at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032 I can both see your version 2.11 and from multimixer added on 5 Aug 2009. Which one shall I use? I prefer mouse over for trigging large images.

Thanks.

OK at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032 I can both see your version 2.11 and from multimixer added on 5 Aug 2009. Which one shall I use? I prefer mouse over for trigging large images.

Thanks.

the uploads from multimixer are not complete packages, so you'd start with 2.1.1 in any case. It will do the mouseovers on the product page.

the uploads from multimixer are not complete packages, so you'd start with 2.1.1 in any case. It will do the mouseovers on the product page.

There is one thing that I'm not sure about Additional Images Module.

Will EasyPopulate allow me to add for example 4 different image information directly into its CVS? Or do I need to enter that info manually in OSC admin 'Catalog >>Categories/Product' and load images manually there?

Thanks in advance.

What does this mean?

Filename: inventory2.csv

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:

How do I fix it?

could be several things, first make sure you are filling the model number column of you import with a unique model number for every product. If you are doing that, then see the documentation for EP and find the Support Section of the Docs, then find the "how to ask for help section" for more instructions. You did read the entire docs already, right?

There is one thing that I'm not sure about Additional Images Module.

Will EasyPopulate allow me to add for example 4 different image information directly into its CVS? Or do I need to enter that info manually in OSC admin 'Catalog >>Categories/Product' and load images manually there?

Thanks in advance.

short answer, yes. long answer, see the Easy Populate File Format section of the docs.

surfalot,

I have installed Additional Images add-on and it works great. I'm wonder one thing if using with EasyPopulate.

I have 'Automatically create 3 image set' set to 'ON'. But how will that work if I in CSV file add information about new images that are uploaded by FTP? Will thumbnails automatically be created upon update Additional images by CSV?

My intention is to save time in that way.

Possible?

Cheers.

surfalot,

I have installed Additional Images add-on and it works great. I'm wonder one thing if using with EasyPopulate.

I have 'Automatically create 3 image set' set to 'ON'. But how will that work if I in CSV file add information about new images that are uploaded by FTP? Will thumbnails automatically be created upon update Additional images by CSV?

My intention is to save time in that way.

Possible?

Cheers.

Unfortunately, at present, if you update the images in the import, then you must run the AI utility to generate the thumbs. The utility has a two sections, one of them focuses on "unprocessed" images. Once you update the database using EP, use the unprocessed images utility and it will automatically show you the list of images that have not been done yet. It's as simple as processing a "page" at a time.

If you are updating your database for any reason other then the images, don't include the images columns in your import. That will avoid the need to reprocess them.

Unfortunately, at present, if you update the images in the import, then you must run the AI utility to generate the thumbs. The utility has a two sections, one of them focuses on "unprocessed" images. Once you update the database using EP, use the unprocessed images utility and it will automatically show you the list of images that have not been done yet. It's as simple as processing a "page" at a time.

If you are updating your database for any reason other then the images, don't include the images columns in your import. That will avoid the need to reprocess them.

Thats perfectly fine! So even if I add 100 images in CSV, I only need to click one in appropriate section so all if images will be processed, right?

Can I change default image directory so that all CSV images are processed into one folder? I assume AI keeps track of which image has been processed avoiding images to be processed twice?

Thanks.

Thats perfectly fine! So even if I add 100 images in CSV, I only need to click one in appropriate section so all if images will be processed, right?

Can I change default image directory so that all CSV images are processed into one folder? I assume AI keeps track of which image has been processed avoiding images to be processed twice?

Thanks.

The utility is admin -> Catalog -> Additional Image. You can list the images to be processed in pages of up to 250. The number of images you list/process at a time depends on your server. Process a page at a time

the directory for the images is decided by you when you choose the path for your images in the data you upload. The path to your images must correspond to the path you have uploaded the images to on the server. All paths entered in the EP data is relative to the images path you have defined in your includes/configure.php

Hi all

I have had problems uploading using Easy populate via firefox/safari on a Mac using OS 10.4.11 (I might point out that I have virtually no experience in php coding and very little html).

As soon as I use easy populate via pc/IE, it works fine.

Any idea why this might be?

cheers

Glenn

Hi all

I have had problems uploading using Easy populate via firefox/safari on a Mac using OS 10.4.11 (I might point out that I have virtually no experience in php coding and very little html).

As soon as I use easy populate via pc/IE, it works fine.

Any idea why this might be?

cheers

Glenn

you should look at the directions section specifically for Mac users in the documentation. You have read the entire documentation already (as asked by the support section of that documentation, where this link is found), right? <_<

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out, I was wrong. I used two different files and one worked, the other didn't, and yes I read through the section in easypopulate. The file that worked was the first file that I exported before I added any products.

Firstly, I put one product in each field I want to use on the site, creating the appropriate folders. I then export a complete csv file, and add products into that spreadsheet so that everything goes where it is supposed to, but when I upload, it doesn't work.

I get an error in the log:

[error] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1199

I am trying to learn about php coding, but it just happens slowly, and unfortunately, I dont seem to be able to find a reason for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Glenn

Edited by r2160

I get an error in the log:

[error] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1199

As I said in the previous post you should look at the directions section specifically for Mac users in the documentation. After you have re-read that section, can confirm you are doing what is asked. Then re-read the "how to ask for help" sub-section of the Support section of those docs so you'll know what is required for me to help further.

I am using Ultrapics, not morepics.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1642

Best regards,

Koh Kho King