• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Is there a way to move products from one category to another? I accidentally put 600 over products into a wrong category, and it is too time-consuming to move one by one in admin. :(

** always backup before using EP **

you can. Re-import the file with the current/incorrect categories and "Delete" (no quotes) in the v_status column. Then import the file with the correct categories and Active in the v_status column.

Hello,

Before I try to install and use this contribution, I just need to get clarified a couple of things. I have a .CSV file from mu supplier with 1000+ products that I need upload into OSC. The content of .CSV looks like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Product","Weight(kg)","Price(USD)","Price(ASD)"

"CATEGORY1",,,

"BRANDNAME1",,,

"PRODUCT1","1,0 ","US$471 ",ASD$980

"PRODUCT2","1,0 ","Out of stock ","out of stock"

"BRANDNAME2",,,

"PRODUCT1","1,0 ","Please ask","Please ask "

"PRODUCT2","1,0 ","US$390 ",ASD$650

"CATEGORY2",,,

"BRANDNAME3",,,

"PRODUCT1","1,0 ","Please ask","Please ask "

"PRODUCT2","1,0 ","US$390 ",ASD$650

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to price I will only use information of USD NOT 'ASD'.

So:

1. Will the format of .CSV sample above work well? Or do I need to ask supplier to rearrange something in it?

2. I DON'T have any products in my OSC data base right now. Do I already need to have products in OSC data base to use this contribution?

3. Can I with this contribution set a mark up price on a brand basis? For example BRAND1 have 15% mark up, but BRAND3 25%. Or do I need to do this with another contribution? It will not be possible to add prices manually for 1000+ products.

4. What result in the OSC system will 'Out of stock' and 'Please ask' return? Can I set that with this contribution or separate?

I hope you can give me some guidance, I will really appreciate that!

Cheers!

Edited by DoingOSC

1. Will the format of .CSV sample above work well? Or do I need to ask supplier to rearrange something in it?

- You do not put currency sign (USD or $) in EP. In OSC, there is default currency that you need to set, and extra currency with a certain conversion rate with respect to the default currency. What you are going to key in for the price column in EP is just numbers, with will be preset as the default currency price value.

2. I DON'T have any products in my OSC data base right now. Do I already need to have products in OSC data base to use this contribution?

- You do not need to have product in your OSC database. I can't remember on the category though. Take note that photos are not being uploaded automatically to your store via EP, you need to manually update the photos via FTP to the /catalog/image/ folder.

3. Can I with this contribution set a mark up price on a brand basis? For example BRAND1 have 15% mark up, but BRAND3 25%. Or do I need to do this with another contribution? It will not be possible to add prices manually for 1000+ products.

- EP data is all depend on what you are going to key in. You can tabulate different brand and different price using microsoft excel. When the price and products are all right, then only you import the file at EP admin page to your database.

4. What result in the OSC system will 'Out of stock' and 'Please ask' return? Can I set that with this contribution or separate?

- That's a different contribution. There are lots of such contribution in the contribution page, and you can actually customise to your customer's needs. The link below shows an example of how I customize to my own preference (live store! Do not test!):

http://shashinki.com/shop/nikon-d300s-digital-camera-body-megapixels-51point-autofocus-system-live-view-video-recording-self-cleaning-sensor-sdsdhc-card-slots-dust-weather-resistant-p-3496.html?currency=USD

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

- You do not put currency sign (USD or $) in EP. In OSC, there is default currency that you need to set, and extra currency with a certain conversion rate with respect to the default currency. What you are going to key in for the price column in EP is just numbers, with will be preset as the default currency price value.

- You do not need to have product in your OSC database. I can't remember on the category though. Take note that photos are not being uploaded automatically to your store via EP, you need to manually update the photos via FTP to the /catalog/image/ folder.

- EP data is all depend on what you are going to key in. You can tabulate different brand and different price using microsoft excel. When the price and products are all right, then only you import the file at EP admin page to your database.

- That's a different contribution. There are lots of such contribution in the contribution page, and you can actually customise to your customer's needs. The link below shows an example of how I customize to my own preference (live store! Do not test!):

http://shashinki.com/shop/nikon-d300s-digital-camera-body-megapixels-51point-autofocus-system-live-view-video-recording-self-cleaning-sensor-sdsdhc-card-slots-dust-weather-resistant-p-3496.html?currency=USD

Thank you for this clarification. If I understood you well, this contribution works on 'what you enter is what you get' model. So everything needs to be prepared before uploading.

I went over complete documentation and just want to get a couple of question clarified:

1. I assume that if product already exist in OSC database, this contribution will just update its price (if changed)?

2. Is it possible to use some other contribution that handles attributes in conjunction with this contribution?

Cheers!

Hello Community,

I have a big problem with importing articles per EasyPoulate.

I will try to explain, excuse my english.

I use Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 and OSC v2.2 RC2

The standard-prices works perfect by using the tax-included-option. But the spacial-prices get every time a tax-addition.

What can I do?

Thank you for this clarification. If I understood you well, this contribution works on 'what you enter is what you get' model. So everything needs to be prepared before uploading.

I went over complete documentation and just want to get a couple of question clarified:

1. I assume that if product already exist in OSC database, this contribution will just update its price (if changed)?

2. Is it possible to use some other contribution that handles attributes in conjunction with this contribution?

Cheers!

1. If the model number in the upload file matches one (or more) products in the catalog, the product will be updated with any new data.

2. The only thing this contribution does it insert or update product data from your upload, nothing more. It shouldn't conflict with any other code in the shop. be aware, if you add fields to the database, using EP may have some unexpected results. ALWAYS BACKUP before using it.

Hello Community,

I have a big problem with importing articles per EasyPoulate.

I will try to explain, excuse my english.

I use Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 and OSC v2.2 RC2

The standard-prices works perfect by using the tax-included-option. But the spacial-prices get every time a tax-addition.

What can I do?

is that while you import or export?

I'm looking at the code for 2.76i and the tax code is only on the product base price. I don't see code that adds tax to the specials..

is that while you import or export?

I'm looking at the code for 2.76i and the tax code is only on the product base price. I don't see code that adds tax to the specials..

When I import. But only the special-prices get a tax-add. Not the "regular" they works fine.

Hello again,

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but in it's manuals I can't find explanation about following.

1. Simple, I need 'No stock' products to be visible in the shop with 'No stock' text.

2. Also, I miss possibility to set 'Ask for price' instead for price. Maybe this needs to be done with some other contribution?

3. Have someone succeeded in getting OSC function 'Stock >> Mark product out of stock ***' to work?

Thanks for help.

Hello again,

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but in it's manuals I can't find explanation about following.

1. Simple, I need 'No stock' products to be visible in the shop with 'No stock' text.

2. Also, I miss possibility to set 'Ask for price' instead for price. Maybe this needs to be done with some other contribution?

3. Have someone succeeded in getting OSC function 'Stock >> Mark product out of stock ***' to work?

Thanks for help.

1. I'm not sure I understand that one. But if all you need it text saying "No Stock", add it to the description

2. EP only imports the data you provide. There is no way to import "Ask for price" into a numerical price field. Look for another contribution on that one.

3. Yes, often, not an EP issue, ask for help in the general help topics.

Last thing. Can it be dangerous to have spaces in 'v_products_model' names? For examples 'Der 8 MAX'?

I believe, as far as EP is concerned, space are handled without problems.

When I import. But only the special-prices get a tax-add. Not the "regular" they works fine.

please see the how to ask for help section of the documentation and provide the details so I can reproduce it.

I don't see any code that adds anything to the specials. It should enter the database exactly as entered in the import data.

I'm having an upload problem with my EP. Everything had been working okay the last time I used it, which unfortunately was a long time a go (a year). I have verified the files on the server match the ones in my backup's which I saved when it was fine.

I'm able to download fine, but when trying to upload I get a '406 Not Acceptable' page which says...

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /store/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Server details

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-89.0.11.ELsmp

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.11 (Zend: 2.2.0)

My EP version is - Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

My desktop is running XP the same as last time EP was running fine

My browser is Firefox 3.5.5 - newer version from last time, but I get the same problem with 3 other browsers (IE, Opera, Apple Safari)

I've uploaded an older version of EP and get the same 406 error.

My host uses 'mod_security' and have done for about 5 years.

I've taken a look at my server log files, which says...

[Tue Nov 10 13:41:41 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/mysite/public_html/406.shtml, referer: http://mysite.co.uk/store/admin/easypopulate.php

Not sure what other information to add.

Trawling through the posts, it seems others have experienced a similar problem, but have not found out how they made good. Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Thanks in advance :)

I just installed the latest EP for testing on http://www.killful.de/shop2/catalog/, the productive site is somewhere else.

It seemed to work, but one thing doesn't.

When exporting a file (it doesn't matter if I choose one of the quick links or any of the possible settings, its always the same) just the field, where the url linking to the product should be, is empty (but exists). The other fields are filled like they should. Also the url to the image is in the csv file. But not the url linking the product.

The header (for the froogle file "link" and for the standard file "v_products_url_2") exists and is filled in correctly.

I have installed just one language (German) but besides that its quite the "standard" osc. I reinstalled the english language to test, but that had no effect to the url field(s). Of course than I had the url field empty for two languages ;).

The easypopulate.php was just modified in one setting (currency to EUR). But it didnt work with USD either.

I read the code for hours yesterday and tried some changes but nothing worked.

What might be the problem???

The shop has at the moment 467 products which are all downloaded in the csv.

The ./admin/includes/configure.php has the following content (the important parts)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.killful.de');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.killful.de');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/srv/www/vhosts/killful.de/httpdocs/shop2/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/shop2/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/srv/www/vhosts/killful.de/httpdocs/shop2/catalog/');

My settings:

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.0 (Linux/SUSE)

DB: MySQL 5.0.18

PHP: 5.1.2 (Zend: 2.1.0)

Temp Directory:

/srv/www/vhosts/killful.de/httpdocs/shop2/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: semi-colon

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

I'm having an upload problem with my EP. Everything had been working okay the last time I used it, which unfortunately was a long time a go (a year). I have verified the files on the server match the ones in my backup's which I saved when it was fine.

I'm able to download fine, but when trying to upload I get a '406 Not Acceptable' page which says...

snip.....

Rather than try working with my version that used to work, I thought I'd try uploading the latest version which I discovered displays a lot more information on the front page to the version I had been using. I still get the '406 Not Acceptable' page as detailed in my previous post if I try to upload. However I can't now do a download as I get a different set of arrors all together, so have reloaded my previous version.

Before reloading my old files, I did make a note of the information below...

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 4.1.22-standard

PHP: 5.2.11 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/marclele/public_html/store2/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: on

Model Num Size: 40

Field seperator: comma

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Before attempting to run the new EP, I get a load of text at the top of the page shown below

'categories_id']); } } } } if (!function_exists(tep_get_tax_class_rate)){ function tep_get_tax_class_rate($tax_class_id) { $tax_multiplier = 0; $tax_query = tep_db_query("select SUM(tax_rate) as tax_rate from " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " WHERE tax_class_id = '" . $tax_class_id . "' GROUP BY tax_priority"); if (tep_db_num_rows($tax_query)) { while ($tax = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_query)) { $tax_multiplier += $tax['tax_rate']; } } return $tax_multiplier; } } if (!function_exists(tep_get_tax_title_class_id)){ function tep_get_tax_title_class_id($tax_class_title) { $classes_query = tep_db_query("select tax_class_id from " . TABLE_TAX_CLASS . " WHERE tax_class_title = '" . $tax_class_title . "'" ); $tax_class_array = tep_db_fetch_array($classes_query); $tax_class_id = $tax_class_array['tax_class_id']; return $tax_class_id ; } } if (!function_exists(print_el)){ function print_el( $item2 ) { echo " | " . substr(strip_tags($item2), 0, 10); } } if (!function_exists(print_el1)){ function print_el1( $item2 ) { echo sprintf("| %'.4s ", substr(strip_tags($item2), 0, 80)); } } ?> 

Not sure what to do next as it was all fine, but now landed with problems I wasn't expecting :(

Rather than try working with my version that used to work, I thought I'd try uploading the latest version which I discovered displays a lot more information on the front page to the version I had been using. I still get the '406 Not Acceptable' page as detailed in my previous post if I try to upload. However I can't now do a download as I get a different set of arrors all together, so have reloaded my previous version.

The 406 error is definitely the mod_security. The only way around that is to ask your host to put in an exception for your EP script file. If they don't know how, I can give you the line to insert in their config. It's not the script itself, but the data file you are uploading. It's tripping on the post payload filter, I'll bet. you can confirm this by uploading your file via FTP and importing it from the temp folder. You can assure them the script is behind a secured login (should be both the osC admin login AND the apache login.

As far as the garbage at the top of the EP admin page, I can only guess maybe your file was corrupted either before upload or during upload. Try downloading it again, unpack, re-upload to your server.

Here is my problem: Easy Populate generated the CSV files perfectly. I am saving them through BBEdit on MACOSX and saving them as a Unix system. The files are working great. When i upload them they split into 2 files in the temp directory (because there is about 500 pieces of product).

PROBLEM: When I try to Import the files from the TEMP directory and Insert them into the Database. (Update Only option selected). Nothing happens!!!!! It doesn't say any of the products were updated it just says "Filename: prices.csv" at the top and thats it!!!! here are my settings below. I used to be on a Linux server with a different hosting company. Then when i switched to GoDaddy and now an using their Windows servers (not linux). The problem arises here that the database wont be changed but EVERYTHING else works!!!!

What do i do!!??!!? Its driving me crazyy!!

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Microsoft-IIS/7.0

DB: MySQL 5.0.67.d7-ourdelta-log

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

D:\Hosting\4837859\html/shop/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Model Num Size: 20

Field seperator: comma

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

I just installed the latest EP for testing on http://www.killful.de/shop2/catalog/, the productive site is somewhere else.

It seemed to work, but one thing doesn't.

When exporting a file (it doesn't matter if I choose one of the quick links or any of the possible settings, its always the same) just the field, where the url linking to the product should be, is empty (but exists). The other fields are filled like they should. Also the url to the image is in the csv file. But not the url linking the product.

The header (for the froogle file "link" and for the standard file "v_products_url_2") exists and is filled in correctly.

EP will not fill in the v_products_url_1 field. you are misunderstanding the use here. The URL field in the product export is the URL in the product edit page in your admin. This is for a link to the manufacturer's page (or elsewhere) about the product.

Here is my problem: Easy Populate generated the CSV files perfectly. I am saving them through BBEdit on MACOSX and saving them as a Unix system. The files are working great. When i upload them they split into 2 files in the temp directory (because there is about 500 pieces of product).

PROBLEM: When I try to Import the files from the TEMP directory and Insert them into the Database. (Update Only option selected). Nothing happens!!!!! It doesn't say any of the products were updated it just says "Filename: prices.csv" at the top and thats it!!!! here are my settings below. I used to be on a Linux server with a different hosting company. Then when i switched to GoDaddy and now an using their Windows servers (not linux). The problem arises here that the database wont be changed but EVERYTHING else works!!!!

What do i do!!??!!? Its driving me crazyy!!

I'm not experiencing that problem. post or pm a link to the files you are trying and what changes you are trying to make.

Prozac might help the crazies!crying.gif

The 406 error is definitely the mod_security. The only way around that is to ask your host to put in an exception for your EP script file. If they don't know how, I can give you the line to insert in their config. It's not the script itself, but the data file you are uploading. It's tripping on the post payload filter, I'll bet. you can confirm this by uploading your file via FTP and importing it from the temp folder. You can assure them the script is behind a secured login (should be both the osC admin login AND the apache login.

As far as the garbage at the top of the EP admin page, I can only guess maybe your file was corrupted either before upload or during upload. Try downloading it again, unpack, re-upload to your server.

I past your comments on to my host who said...

PHP 5 was deployed in November 2007, so it wouldn't be that.

We cannot put exceptions on the server globally, as although your site might be nice and secure, the same might not be said for other users.

If you can upload via FTP, that may be the best possible way at this time until we can review any other alternatives, or the security implication of removing the rule that causes the problems might cause.

I've not done anything else at present.

EP will not fill in the v_products_url_1 field. you are misunderstanding the use here. The URL field in the product export is the URL in the product edit page in your admin. This is for a link to the manufacturer's page (or elsewhere) about the product.

I'm sorry. My mistake. Now it all (the code) makes a lot more sense to me... Thanks. I just didn't get it.