• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Everything has been working for a long time, then last week I did an upload and saw that it had changed all the products (affected by the import) to have a price of $0.00.

you can't put the dollar signs in the column. numbers and decimals only.

I've modified the Complete.csv file to add the v_customer_price_1 and v_customer_group_id_1 columns and successfully uploaded the prices for an additional customer group.

Now how do I get those columns to appear in a downloaded Complete.csv file. I guess I would have to modify one of the EP php files but I don't know which one and I don't know where these fields are located in the tables.

I have searched this thread and read the EP documentaion but can't find how to do this. Can't anyone help?

have you turned on the support for SPPC? See the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file.

have you turned on the support for SPPC? See the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file.

I have now and it is working.

I searched the documentation for separate Pricing Per Customer and the only thing I could find was under File Format which is what I used to upload the prices.

Maybe it needs to be added to the installation instructions.

Thanks.

I have now and it is working.

I searched the documentation for separate Pricing Per Customer and the only thing I could find was under File Format which is what I used to upload the prices.

Maybe it needs to be added to the installation instructions.

Thanks.

I was added to the instructions. At the end of the install instructions it begged you to read over the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file. Even begged twice. :)

I was added to the instructions. At the end of the install instructions it begged you to read over the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file. Even begged twice. :)

No need to beg again.

I just need to get my brain in gear.

Thanks surfalot

I have been using this version 2.76g since my sites inception back in January, and I love it. I even recently updated to 2.76h, works great. Now, I would really like to be able to modify my specials with EP. I notice someone had tried this in version 2.82. Any support for this now? I tried importing and modifying the part of the code that handles the specials, but apparently some of the syntax within the files are different. Anyone know how to do use EP for specials?

Edited by cthullhu

I have been using this version 2.76g since my sites inception back in January, and I love it. I even recently updated to 2.76h, works great. Now, I would really like to be able to modify my specials with EP. I notice someone had tried this in version 2.82. Any support for this now? I tried importing and modifying the part of the code that handles the specials, but apparently some of the syntax within the files are different. Anyone know how to do use EP for specials?

no support for in 2.76h. It has been suggested before and is on the list for a future version.

Hi Everyone, I am in need of help to build and upload a database. I have a number of spread sheets in Excel but cannot get the format correct. I really appreciate your help.

Hi Everyone, I am in need of help to build and upload a database. I have a number of spread sheets in Excel but cannot get the format correct. I really appreciate your help.

Do a download of each of the available .csv options then open them with OpenOffice or Excel and you will have the structure for your new spreadsheet.

Remove all current data from the one you want to use by deleting all but the top row.

Cut and paste from your existing spreadsheet into the correct columns in the new one.

Make sure all rows end with EOREOR.

Save as a .csv file.

Upload it with Easy Populate.

Couldn't be easier.

Hi,

Can this contribution be used to automatically download items from my ebay shop and add them to OSC please?

Thanks

Trev

EasyPopulate does not do any data retrieval. You must supply this script with a delimited text file of data.

EasyPopulate does not do any data retrieval. You must supply this script with a delimited text file of data.

Thanks for the info...

I am going to see if somehow I can use either their "Ebay Turbo Lister" or their "Ebay File Exchange" software.

Hopefully, I can use Ebay as the master and then export using their tools to a csv file i can then import into EasyPopulate....

Trev

This is an awesome tool and has been very handy.

Has anyone got a modification of this so each product can have it's only meta tag properties which can be populated easily?

I think you want the Header Tags SEO contribution. you can easily populate the meta tags from the product title using that contribution. I don't think you need to use it, but EP does support the product meta tags for that contribution.

Hello,

I've added a code patch, that now enables removal of product attributes linked to a product. You can download the new code here.

Currently working on testing and improving language support. I'd be glad if anyone could help me test this code. You can email me at - vj (at) vjdom (dot) com. Remember, this is experimental code, and you'd need a dev store setup give it a try.

VJ

This is a reply to a pretty old post, I know, but I was hoping somebody knew - 1. how can the attributes feature be used to remove associated attributes from the product? 2. Do the attributes have to be entered into the EP file sequentially? i.e. if I go v_attribute_options_id_1 and then v_attribute_options_id_3 will it bomb, or ignore the 3? What will it do?

My client gave me the task of writing a conversion script to convert their database format into EP's format :(

I guess just to confirm a third thing: 3. If I include certain columns but some rows have blank values, it will erase the values in the DB, won't it? 3a. Thus meaning that I have to make sure my conversion utility fills in the current DB value whenever rows are left out.

Thanks...

Kevin

This is a reply to a pretty old post, I know, but I was hoping somebody knew - 1. how can the attributes feature be used to remove associated attributes from the product? 2. Do the attributes have to be entered into the EP file sequentially? i.e. if I go v_attribute_options_id_1 and then v_attribute_options_id_3 will it bomb, or ignore the 3? What will it do?

My client gave me the task of writing a conversion script to convert their database format into EP's format :(

I guess just to confirm a third thing: 3. If I include certain columns but some rows have blank values, it will erase the values in the DB, won't it? 3a. Thus meaning that I have to make sure my conversion utility fills in the current DB value whenever rows are left out.

Thanks...

Kevin

1. 2.76h will wipe all previous attributes for the product if any are specified, then rebuild the attributes with those specified.

2. The order in which the columns appear is not important.

3. In general, if you leave a field blank, the corresponding item in the database will be blanked. one exception is the date added column. If the date added column is included, but left blank, the previous date will be retained. If you leave fields blank for the attributes, the result may be unpredictable and depends on the column type.

3a. You meant when a field is left out since a row = a product, if you leave a row out the product is not available to be processed.

In general you should fill the field if there is data to be filled in.

1. 2.76h will wipe all previous attributes for the product if any are specified, then rebuild the attributes with those specified.

2. The order in which the columns appear is not important.

3. In general, if you leave a field blank, the corresponding item in the database will be blanked. one exception is the date added column. If the date added column is included, but left blank, the previous date will be retained. If you leave fields blank for the attributes, the result may be unpredictable and depends on the column type.

3a. You meant when a field is left out since a row = a product, if you leave a row out the product is not available to be processed.

In general you should fill the field if there is data to be filled in.

Thanks; I appreciate the reply, and yes, that's what I meant on 3a.

The behavior re. #1 makes sense then. I was wondering why practically every option was specified for every product. It makes sense now. I'm aware that if attribute_values_x_price is left blank, the attribute is not actually associated. Right?

Just another question: do you have any experience with how the attributes feature scales? I'm thinking about Excel's purported 256-column limit. I suppose that the CSV format can overcome this limit, but the client will probably be editing in Excel and saving as CSV. I plan to just recommend that they don't throw everything in one file, but try to separate out their files as to keep things manageable. Does that seem like the best way to go?

Thanks; I appreciate the reply, and yes, that's what I meant on 3a.

The behavior re. #1 makes sense then. I was wondering why practically every option was specified for every product. It makes sense now. I'm aware that if attribute_values_x_price is left blank, the attribute is not actually associated. Right?

Just another question: do you have any experience with how the attributes feature scales? I'm thinking about Excel's purported 256-column limit. I suppose that the CSV format can overcome this limit, but the client will probably be editing in Excel and saving as CSV. I plan to just recommend that they don't throw everything in one file, but try to separate out their files as to keep things manageable. Does that seem like the best way to go?

I think the reason all attributes where included was because of a limitation due to the way it was programmed.

if you leave attribute_values_price_X_X blank the attribute will not be assigned.

You will want to get excel 2007 or better. It doesn't have the column limit. I heard that open office doesn't either, but recently heard otherwise. would eventually like confirmation on that.

separating the products into groups would be easier for most.

trying to get involved with easy populate,

i had one problem where it repeated the sub-categories over and over, found that i had to change the category length which solved that problem, now i have a problem where it is repeating one of the main categories over and over, and it is is only 4 characters in length.

you can see my problem at My Site

if you could offer any help it would be much appreciated, i have looked through the troubleshoot and searched google but can't find anything.

Thanks

Dan

just beyond the troubleshooting section in the docs in v2.76h, there is a section call how to ask for help. Would probably be a good time to look that over. :)

ok i see it:

1. I have set EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to true, but i dont understand what is needed for "then copy the settings & server info that are displayed on the EP main page into your post."

2. I am running Windows XP

3. no error messages

4. you can download the file at CSV File

5. i had one problem where it repeated the sub-categories over and over, found that i had to change the category length which solved that problem, now i have a problem where it is repeating one of the main categories over and over, it may be to do with the product description which is around 500 characters, i'm not sure.

you can see my problem here.

2 issues with the import file. First, the image names are under an unlabeled column. Should be under the products_image column. The other (related to your problem) is you have a space after the category name "Hair" on many of the rows (not all). What happens is the original category is created (and trimmed of spaces), but when it comes to the row with the space after the category name, EP can't find that category and creates a new one. Just make sure you don't have any leading or trailing spaces in the category names and everything should be fine.

Hi,

I have a problem for the active status.

If I update a product with status = 0 with quantity 100 the product don't change status to 1

But, if I update a product with status = 1 with quantity 0 the product status change to 0.

The code, I think, is:

// default the stock if they spec'd it or if it's blank
           if (isset($v_status_current)){
             $v_db_status = strval($v_status_current); // default to current value
           } else {
             $v_db_status = '1'; // default to active
           }
           if (trim($v_status) == EP_TEXT_INACTIVE){
               // they told us to deactivate this item
               $v_db_status = '0';
           } elseif (trim($v_status) == EP_TEXT_ACTIVE) {
               $v_db_status = '1';
           }    

if (EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES == true && $v_products_quantity < 1) {
               // if they said that zero qty products should be deactivated, let's deactivate if the qty is zero
               $v_db_status = '0';

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Fabio

that's the code that handles the scenarios you are describing. But since you haven't provided the information asked for by the "how to ask for help" section of the manual, I'm simply going to try to help by making a couple assumptions...

first assumption, you are putting 1s and 0s in the status column, that is incorrect. please see the docs about the information expected in that column.

second assumption, you have the EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES configuration option set to true in the settings section the docs begged you to go over during the install. if you have the setting to inactivate a product that is set to zero quantity, that is why a zero quantity will deactivate the product.

might want to give the manual another read. I know, there is a lot of info to absorb there. Sometimes it takes a few reads.

that's the code that handles the scenarios you are describing. But since you haven't provided the information asked for by the "how to ask for help" section of the manual, I'm simply going to try to help by making a couple assumptions...

first assumption, you are putting 1s and 0s in the status column, that is incorrect. please see the docs about the information expected in that column.

second assumption, you have the EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES configuration option set to true in the settings section the docs begged you to go over during the install. if you have the setting to inactivate a product that is set to zero quantity, that is why a zero quantity will deactivate the product.

might want to give the manual another read. I know, there is a lot of info to absorb there. Sometimes it takes a few reads.

Yeah sorry.

I don't put any status column in the import file.

My import file is like:

v_products_model v_products_quantity EOREOR

0002 +254 EOREOR

define ('EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES', true);

I want to set the import with this logic:

if qty > 0 set status = 1

if qty < 1 set status = 0

What's wrong?

Thanks,

Fabio