• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I recently just started working with attributes on my store. I have about 7,000 products and just added about 30,000 attributes. I used to only have a couple attributes and I had no problems with anything. Now after I uploaded my latest .csv file, I cannot seem to download a complete .csv file from the shop any faster than 2kb a second and it always times out or just stops short. If I don't include attributes in the .csv download, I download at normal speed (200k+) but the attributes will only download at 2kbps. I think I am using 2.76e. Can EP not handle this much? Really there are only about 50 different attributes, but you take that and have it on every product and it adds up. I would think that this was something EP could handle. Is it and I just have to change some settings somewhere or is that just too much for EP to do? Please help me. Is there a faster script or something that I could use?

It's not the scripts fault, its your hosts fault. you need a host that is osCommerce friendly and uses a localhost database. I'm able to do much more then that with my host.

I am new to the forums and would like to thank everyone for all the help and advice that they give people, they have helped me overcome several problems already.

you want to take a look at the how to ask for help section of the docs again.

you want to take a look at the how to ask for help section of the docs again.

As I stated I am new to the forums and after reading several posts I thought this was where to ask for help, my mistake.

It's not the scripts fault, its your hosts fault. you need a host that is osCommerce friendly and uses a localhost database. I'm able to do much more then that with my host.

That is what I don't understand. I do use a localhost database. Downloading the .csv files went fine until I added all the attributes. And when I download everything but the attributes, it downloads at normal speeds (200-300kbps). It is only when I include the attributes in the download that it only goes 2kbps.

Edited by sammedit

That is what I don't understand. I do use a localhost database. Downloading the .csv files went fine until I added all the attributes. And when I download everything but the attributes, it downloads at normal speeds (200-300kbps). It is only when I include the attributes in the download that it only goes 2kbps.

what version oscommerce are you using?

I think I am using 1.1 but I don't know where to look to know for sure.

it would show you in settings column of EP page in your admin (you know, the information that the "how to ask for help" guide in the docs asks for :P ). If you are using anything older then the RCx versions, there are some table indexes that may help speed up the response. only a couple of these indexes will actually affect EP, but it shouldn't hurt.

SQL to run

alter table banners add index idx_banners_group (banners_group); 
alter table banners_history add index idx_banners_history_banners_id (banners_id); 
alter table currencies add index idx_currencies_code (code); 
alter table customers add index idx_customers_email_address (customers_email_address); 
alter table customers_basket add index idx_customers_basket_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table customers_basket_attributes add index idx_customers_basket_att_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table orders add index idx_orders_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table orders_products add index idx_orders_products_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table orders_products add index idx_orders_products_products_id (products_id); 
alter table orders_status_history add index idx_orders_status_history_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table orders_products_attributes add index idx_orders_products_att_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table orders_products_download add index idx_orders_products_download_orders_id (orders_id); 
alter table products add index idx_products_model (products_model); 
alter table products_attributes add index idx_products_attributes_products_id (products_id); 
alter table reviews add index idx_reviews_products_id (products_id); 
alter table reviews add index idx_reviews_customers_id (customers_id); 
alter table specials add index idx_specials_products_id (products_id); 
alter table zones add index idx_zones_country_id (zone_country_id);
alter table zones_to_geo_zones add index idx_zones_to_geo_zones_country_id (zone_country_id);

Exactly how do you delete column headings in Easy Populate. I've searched all through the forums and google and still can't figure this out. What do I have to change in my easypopulate.php file and do I have to delete anything out of the database? Also I'm using the file downloads version of Easy Populate. I see that there is a fix for Category Images being cleared when the column is not included in the import in version 2.76h-MS2 but I don't want to update to that version of Easy Populate. How do you fix that problem? It's really aggravating to have to insert the category image names for all my products and I would like to do away with that, but if I leave out the category image for even one product the image doesn't show up at all my site.

Edited by shelby72

A lot of my suppliers as of yet don't provide a csv file from their websites either because they haven't had the time to look into it or because they just don't know how to.

Is their a way of getting this file from their site without needing their cooperation?

Edited by biddleman

I WANT to download VJs easy populate because in the beginning of the post he said he found a way to delete old product. I dont know where or how to download his contribute. please someone tell me where or how.

thank you....

will

the last thing VJ uploaded is: Easypopulate v2.72-MS2 (with attributes)

in the start of the post VJ said

Hello,

I've added a code patch, that now enables removal of product attributes linked to a product. You can download the new code here.

VJ

does the above version have this added to it?

sorry, I don't know. It's so old and out of date that I would be surprised if anyone still is using it. That was 6 years ago. Much has changed. Most folks are using versions that have been recently worked on.

Hi Surfalot (Todd),

Have just looked at your easypopulate file mod and its something i am interested in.

I am going to give it a whirl and see how I get on, was wondering if it is possible to add a line above each field with a description of what it is when its downloaded? which can be either uploaded or delted prior to an upload but to help ensure the correct data has been entered in the right field.

looking forwarded to a trouble installation, fingers crossed

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Does anyone know where the oscommerce product data is stored what file format is it stored in? I want to view it in excel.

When easy populate uploads new products to your site, would that delete your existing products or would it just add to them. If it deletes as standard is their a way to merge the data into one big file that can be uploaded?

Hi Surfalot (Todd),

Have just looked at your easypopulate file mod and its something i am interested in.

I am going to give it a whirl and see how I get on, was wondering if it is possible to add a line above each field with a description of what it is when its downloaded? which can be either uploaded or delted prior to an upload but to help ensure the correct data has been entered in the right field.

looking forwarded to a trouble installation, fingers crossed

Thanks

Johnny

you'll just have to learn what the column headers mean. I can't afford to do custom coding for every whim that passes through the forums.

Does anyone know where the oscommerce product data is stored what file format is it stored in? I want to view it in excel.

When easy populate uploads new products to your site, would that delete your existing products or would it just add to them. If it deletes as standard is their a way to merge the data into one big file that can be uploaded?

you'll have to talk to the person that setup your shop for where the data is stored. Usually it is in MySQL. that is a database service that runs on your web server or remote database server. there is no file to access. Most host give you access to phpMyAdmin to manage your MySQL databases.

You can export products from the database using the EP script, then view it in excel.

When EP imports a file it will match the model number with it's unique counter part in the database then update the product. If a match isn't found, it creates a new product.

Please do read the docs included with the EP package for complete details. 95% of what you need to know is there

you'll just have to learn what the column headers mean. I can't afford to do custom coding for every whim that passes through the forums.

Hi,

its cool, it would take forever make hundreds of customer specific options.

It appears to download fine not tried an upload yet, but will soon.

Had trouble finding the configurable section and the manual of how to change various things.

I did find the easypopulate file in admin had the configurable setting, and changed this manually to on for the header tags and the header tags section downloaded okay.

My question is it possible to define a configuration section in admin for easy populate so you could just switch various functions on and off in the admin section rather than in the easypopulate.php file in admin manually every time and run the risk of deleting something you shouldn't?

also can i turn off the other languages in the downloaded file, so make the file language specific rather than to download/ upload the three languages currently supported as default languages? This would reduce the number of columns to enter data into.

Thanks for a great contribution

johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Admin settings are not currently available. Issue being, several of the settings can't be done that way.

selecting the language for export is also not currently available. Maybe in a future version.

i am having problems getting easy populate to work with SPPC (separate pricing per customer) contribution. i went into easypopulate.php and set the configuration for this contribution to "true". then i downloaded the spreadsheet and now there is a customer price and a customer group id fields but it did not put my special prices or my customer groups in. i tried putting them in on the spreadsheet but when i uploaded it gave me this error.

1054 - Unknown column 'Retail' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( Retail, 6.99, 32 )

[TEP STOP]

any suggestions would be helpful

HI Everyone,

New here and am seeking some help with Easy Populate. I am currently switching from Magento to OSCommerce as the addons are so much better and have heard that OSCommerce isn't as hard on the servers as Magento.

Anyways. I had a shop with over 3500 products and I have the export of all products from my old site in CSV format. I tried to upload the CSV file and it worked great, all products where uploaded. However my BIG BIG issue is it didn't create any sub-categories For instance Holidays is a Primary Cat, and it put all 400+ items into the Main Cat of Holidays instead of creating each Sub Cat and then placing the items in each specific Sub Cat. I have the Headers as such in my CSV:

v_categories_name_1_1

v_categories_name_1_2

v_categories_name_1_3

Here is my system Specs from the EP Page:

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5

DB: MySQL 4.1.22-standard

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.