• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Any chances of an update with More Pics v2.0.2 and above supported with Easy Populate 2.67g?

I am new to the forum, so hello and thank you for all your effective contributions first of all. I use the More Pics 2.0.x contribution by kymation and I would like to use the latest Easy Populate contribution by surfalot to reference/populate the pi.image_filenames from the PRODUCTS_IMAGES table.

I have not come across an answer to this one but it is just what I and quite possibly others that have installed More Pics 2.0.x need.

Is their an update out there or anyone who has successfully got these two effective contributions to work with the more images version 2 adjustment? There is no guidance in the More Pics file package.

Hi. I'm using the most recent version, on php5 and mysql 5.

My csv file has a category in it named Décor.

It was causing a question mark in place of the accented e, so I changed the name to Décor, which works nicely.

The problem is, when I reupload, I get a new category, even though on the screen both the original and the new say Décor

Can someone help with what must be an old chestnut? I have searched but am unable to find a solution.

I recently screwed up an upload and ended up with a number of 'Date Expected' in 2010. A quick .csv edit fixed that. When I checked the Admin, Catalog, Products Expected I found I still had 1075 entries with 0000-00-00 dates. No worries I thought. Find/replace 0000-00-00 with 2009-02-02 as an arbitrary date and upload. EP output shows the new date but the Products Expected page STILL shows 1057 products!

Fortunately this does not effect product availability it just buggs the heck out of me that I can not change the date.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 4.1.18-log

PHP: 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/www/thestoreindevon.com/shop/tmp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

From the documentation;

EP does NO formatting or conversion of date formats. It gives

you exactly what came out of mysql, and it takes exactly the data

you give EP and shoves it into mysql. If you use a format that is

not the mysql default, you'll push bad data into your date fields

in your database. Use this format and you'll avoid problems: YYYY-MM-DD.

Done that.

Upload file (text csv). I removed the v_products_description_1 as it is HUGE.

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_url_1,v_products_image,v_products_

price,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_categorie

s_image_1,v_categories_name_1_1,v_categories_image_2,v_categories_name_2_1,v_cate

gories_image_3,v_categories_name_3_1,v_categories_image_4,v_categories_name_4_1,v

_categories_image_5,v_categories_name_5_1,v_categories_image_6,v_categories_name_

6_1,v_categories_image_7,v_categories_name_7_1,v_manufacturers_name,v_tax_class_t

itle,v_status,EOREOR

"A3-21","Cloisonne Butterfly Beads - White - Size 14x10mm X 5","","Beads/Cloisonne/BEADSCLOISONNEBUTTERFLYWHITE53LOTS.jpg","0.59","0","0.004","2009-02-02 00:00:00","2008-03-10 00:00:00","subcategory_beads.jpg","Beads","subcategory_cloisonne.jpg","Cloisonne","","","","","","","","","","","","--none--","Inactive",EOREOR

"A3-12","Cloisonne Heart Beads - White - 12 x 10mm","","Beads/Cloisonne/BEADS.CLOSONNE.HEART.WHITE.12MM.jpg","0.79","0","0.005","2009-02-02 00:00:00","2008-10-30 00:00:00","subcategory_beads.jpg","Beads","subcategory_cloisonne.jpg","Cloisonne","","","","","","","","","","","","--none--","Inactive",EOREOR

Post Upload EP screen output;

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php1wBdZx

User filename: DATE_FIX_EP2009Feb25-1301.csv

Size: 2608224

| A3-21 | Cloisonne | 5 Cloison | | Beads/Cloi | 0.59 | 0 | 0.004 | 2009-02-02 | 2008-03-10 | subcategor | Beads | subcategor | Cloisonne | | | | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Inactive Updated

| A3-12 | Cloisonne | Cloisonne | | Beads/Cloi | 0.79 | 0 | 0.005 | 2009-02-02 | 2008-10-30 | subcategor | Beads | subcategor | Cloisonne | | | | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Inactive Updated

I don't know if it is relevant but my Admin - Use Cache = false

I see that Surfalot posted a revision on 13 Feb 2009 that includes "Fixed Available Date unset value to NULL instead of a zero date". I have not looked at the code but expect that is a prevention and not a cure. I may well incorporate the release later if it stops this annoyance. Anyone else using it?

Cheers, Paul.

Hi. I'm using the most recent version, on php5 and mysql 5.

My csv file has a category in it named Décor.

It was causing a question mark in place of the accented e, so I changed the name to Décor, which works nicely.

The problem is, when I reupload, I get a new category, even though on the screen both the original and the new say Décor

yes, that will create a new category since the two are different. You should be looking at the instructions for working with non-roman character sets in the EP docs. (see v2.76h)

Can someone help with what must be an old chestnut? I have searched but am unable to find a solution.

I recently screwed up an upload and ended up with a number of 'Date Expected' in 2010. A quick .csv edit fixed that. When I checked the Admin, Catalog, Products Expected I found I still had 1075 entries with 0000-00-00 dates. No worries I thought. Find/replace 0000-00-00 with 2009-02-02 as an arbitrary date and upload. EP output shows the new date but the Products Expected page STILL shows 1057 products!

Fortunately this does not effect product availability it just buggs the heck out of me that I can not change the date.

I see that Surfalot posted a revision on 13 Feb 2009 that includes "Fixed Available Date unset value to NULL instead of a zero date". I have not looked at the code but expect that is a prevention and not a cure. I may well incorporate the release later if it stops this annoyance. Anyone else using it?

Cheers, Paul.

I suspect is will cure as well. If you don't want to all those expected products, you need to set the products_date_available in the products table to the default of NULL. if you blank out the column (v_date_avail) when importing, it should set the products_date_available to NULL as needed by the osC code.

yes, that will create a new category since the two are different. You should be looking at the instructions for working with non-roman character sets in the EP docs. (see v2.76h)

Exactly right!! I read the instructions (had already been using Open Office calc - only way to go!) and changed the encoding to UTF-8. Thank you!

Masters of the EP code,

I come before you with a humble spirit asking for some advice.

I have read through all the PHP documents and the instructions and do not feel comfortable messing with all that much code without a little advice frist. My php skills need work.

I have Product Extra Fields Installed and would like to know if there is an easy way to add more then one extra field per row in the CSV file. Before, to have more then one extra field, I would have to put the product in multiple rows:

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name,v_products_extra_fields_id,v_produ

cts_extra_fields_value,EOREOR

BL1337,test1,2,Testing 1,EOREOR

BL1337,test2,3,Testing 2 3 4 8 902 04,EOREOR

Is there a way to change the code to incorperate more then one "v_products_extra_fields" into the csv file?

The product database I am going to be updating has 5730 products. This is why I am looking for the shortcut.

Cheers and all the best!

Hello everyone.

I need help figuring out why new products won't appear on the website, in the admin nor in search results. Also Easy Populate won't create new categories and doesn't appear in the breadcrumb either. The last four products on the spreadsheet will appear on the index page. I'm using version 2.6g and I have header tags SEO installed. I've tried turning HTC support on but still no difference.

Hello,

I would also like to note that the server that my host has my site on has PHP version 4.4.9 and MySQL version 5.0.75. I get a "2013 Lost connection to MySQL during query" error. Is Easy Populate compatible with these versions? If not, what changes need to be made to the easypopulate file?

Edited by discxpress

This sums up my problems with Easy Populate. I can input items manually but that takes too much time. I'm guessing easypopulate.php won't query the database. Please help someone.

Hello everyone,

I used Easy Populate to upload items to my website. The last four items on the spreadsheet appears on the index page. No new categories are created in admin nor catalog side. Also, products won't appear in search results. I know the products are in the database but they won't appear on the website.

If you have a solution to this problem I will greatly appreciate it.

This sums up my problems with Easy Populate. I can input items manually but that takes too much time. I'm guessing easypopulate.php won't query the database. Please help someone.

do you have a localhost database or a remote database? See DB_SERVER in your configure.php file.

do you have a localhost database or a remote database? See DB_SERVER in your configure.php file.

I have a localhost database. If it would help any, my host migrated my site to a new server a couple of months ago and now easy populate won't pull all info from the database. For example, when I attempt to download a complete file to edit, I get this error: 2013-Lost connection to mysql server during query. Or when I upload products to the database, the new products will appear in the new products section and the last four on the spreadsheet will appear on the index page. However, new categories not being made and new products can't be found when using a specific keyword search. If I understand my problem correctly, the easy populate script can send information to the database but it can't receive information from the database.

What should I have my host to check? They said they were going to look at mysql_slow_queries log files to check which queries were taking too long. They told me to look at the files but I don't understand those files. Here's a reply from an upper level tech:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting us.

We apologize for the trouble you've been having. What database is the script pulling information from, and how much information is it trying to retrieve from the database? If the script is taking a lot of information and the database has not been regularly maintained the query may be taking too long and may be timing out. To see if you have MySQL queries that are taking too long you can read the log files for slow queries, those can be found by opening your cpanel file manager to your home directory the going to ~/tmp/mysql_slow_queries. To have me look into this further I will need to have you validate your account by providing either the password on the account or the last four digits of the credit card on file.

I hope this will help you to help me and others. Thanks for a prompt reply.

Hi,

EP worked well but an error ocurred since I updated my host to Apache/2.2.11 and PHP/5.2.8: products are created but not the relation product to categories. I get the following message:

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : espanol(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Configuración local\Temp\PHP\upload\php4CB.tmp

User filename: CalzadoSalomon1.txt

Size: 9781

| 278434 | Cosmic 4D | Bota de tr | | Cosmic 4D | Cosmic 4D | Cosmic 4D | Cosmic 4D | Bota de tr | | Cosmic 4D | Cosmic 4D | Cosmic 4D | SS09/Salom | 172.371 | 4 | 1.41 | 01/02/2009 | 02/02/2008 | | Botas | Botak | | | | | | | | | | Salomon | 4 | Salomon M | Salomon M | 46 | 6,5 UK | 6,5 UK | | | 47 | 7 UK | 7 UK | | | 48 | 7,5 UK | 7,5 UK | | | 49 | 8 UK | 8 UK | | | 50 | 8,5 UK | 8,5 UK | +0.0000 | 1 | 51 | 9 UK | 9 UK | +0.0000 | 1 | 52 | 9,5 UK | 9,5 UK | +0.0000 | 1 | 53 | 10 UK | 10 UK | +0.0000 | 1 | 54 | 10,5 UK | 10,5 UK | | | 55 | 11 UK | 11 UK | | | 56 | 11,5 UK | 11,5 UK | | | 57 | 12 UK | 12 UK | | | 58 | 12,5 UK | 12,5 UK | | | 59 | 13 UK | 13 UK | | | 60 | 13,5 UK | 13,5 UK | | | 5 | Salomon W | Salomon W | 61 | 3,5 UK | 3,5 UK | | | 62 | 4 UK | 4 UK | | | 63 | 4,5 UK | 4,5 UK | | | 64 | 5 UK | 5 UK | | | 65 | 5,5 UK | 5,5 UK | | | 66 | 6 UK | 6 UK | | | 67 | 6,5 UK | 6,5 UK | | | 68 | 7 UK | 7 UK | | | 69 | 7,5 UK | 7,5 UK | | | 70 | 8 UK | 8 UK | | | 71 | 8,5 UK | 8,5 UK | | | 72 | 9 UK | 9 UK | | | 73 | 9,5 UK | 9,5 UK | | | 74 | 10 UK | 10 UK | | | 75 | 10,5 UK | 10,5 UK | | | IVA | Active !New Product!

1054 - Unknown column '1200' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) VALUES ("1200", "19")

I have the following configuration:

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.2.8

DB: MySQL 5.1.30-community

PHP: 5.2.8 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

C:/Archivos de programa/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/XXX/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Field seperator: tab

Excel safe output: false

Category depth: 4

Enable attributes: true

HTC: true

Could somebody give me a hand please?

Cheers,

Sébastien

Hello surfalot,

I've tried the latest version of Easy Populate and a clean install of admin/categories.php with Header Tags SEO installed.

I'm still unsuccessful at getting EP to create new products and categories on my website. The products are created in the database. What else should I look at to see why EP is not receiving queries from the database?

Edited by discxpress

Hello surfalot,

I've tried the latest version of Easy Populate and a clean install of admin/categories.php with Header Tags SEO installed.

I'm still unsuccessful at getting EP to create new products and categories on my website. The products are created in the database. What else should I look at to see why EP is not receiving queries from the database?

I'm really surprised to hear a localhost database can loose connection with the database. You might ask your host if they are doing anything funky with the database, like making it look local to scripts but in actuality it is remote.

The next thing to discuss with your host is the items in "STEP #6 - Check with your web host about your hosting environment" in the v2.76h docs. Discuss what items you can increase to accommodate a database manipulation tool like EP.

With regard to the categories not being created, make sure your category column headers are correct since they have changed in v2.76g & h (big note on the download for each) ;) .

Edited by surfalot

Hi,

EP worked well but an error ocurred since I updated my host to Apache/2.2.11 and PHP/5.2.8: products are created but not the relation product to categories. I get the following message:

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : espanol(1)

you missed the most important part of the "how to ask for help" section of the docs. take another look.

Surfalot,

I have progress. I have solved the problem of EP not creating new categories and products by checking the header of my upload spreadsheet. Instead of v_categories_name_1_1, my header had v_categories_name_1. When I corrected that typo, I was able to upload my spreadsheet. Categories and products were created.

I have only 2 important issues now. One is when I upload a spreadsheet, EP creates the same category multiple times. I am dealing with that issue with the Multiple Products Manager. The other issue is when I attempt to download a complete file to edit, I get a 500 Internal Server error.

I will check with my host about the suggestions you made above.

Thanks a million.

One is when I upload a spreadsheet, EP creates the same category multiple times. I am dealing with that issue with the Multiple Products Manager.

always backup before importing so you can restore and try again if something doesn't work right.

see the docs included with v2.76h, troubleshooting topic:

My products are going in duplicate categories instead of the one I specify, what now?

I figured that I would ask the famous question... I did some reading on this but I am still feel like a stooge.

I can upload fine.... I am not uploading mass amounts at one time though...

My main question is - where can I locate my php.ini file?

I am trying to download my CSV to create a couple of new stores / same database...

It's timing out with an error that says 30 seconds time out admin/includes/functions/database.php line 99

but I have looked at that code and don't see anything pointing to 30 seconds.... I have read that some people are altering their php.ini file....

what should I or can I do about the timing out issue.... I am not new but I am new to that and don't even know where to find it.

Thanks in advance

Lonny

Yeah Yeah I am learning as I go... lol

you first should ask your host if you can modify your php.ini settings. If so, you place a file called php.ini in the admin folder of your site and add the items mensioned in step 6 of the v2.76h installation instructions. Bold lines are valid php.ini settings.

Surfalot,

Actually I must give credit to reading the documentation as the reason for solving the first issue. Once I tried the suggestion that was in the documentation and it actually worked. I got so excited that I didn't bother reading the rest. Also, I ran out of time. Thank you for all your continued support of EP.

Surfalot,

I solved my problem; it appeared to be a database problem, a conflict with table 'specials'.

Sorry for my insisting so much and thank you for your job and help.

Sébastien

I recently just started working with attributes on my store. I have about 7,000 products and just added about 30,000 attributes. I used to only have a couple attributes and I had no problems with anything. Now after I uploaded my latest .csv file, I cannot seem to download a complete .csv file from the shop any faster than 2kb a second and it always times out or just stops short. If I don't include attributes in the .csv download, I download at normal speed (200k+) but the attributes will only download at 2kbps. I think I am using 2.76e. Can EP not handle this much? Really there are only about 50 different attributes, but you take that and have it on every product and it adds up. I would think that this was something EP could handle. Is it and I just have to change some settings somewhere or is that just too much for EP to do? Please help me. Is there a faster script or something that I could use?

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and would like to thank everyone for all the help and advice that they give people, they have helped me overcome several problems already.

I had EP installed on my site which worked great with OSCommerce, however I decided to try another shopping cart software, and when I didn't like it I moved back to OSCommerce and reinstalled a fresh copy of EP (Mysql was emptied of all tables before install) unfortunately the query now is no matter how many times I redo the csv file it still only uploads anything from 1 - 10 products at a time.

I have entered 1 catergory, 5 products and 12 attributes, downloaded the csv file and added my data into the corresponding colums, to no avail, I have also tried formatting the colums to either text, number etc again to no avail. I have also tried it with the new OSCommerce version and still the same problem, I downgraded back to RC1 as the admin area loads correctly in colour and images which I could not get despite following instructions in RC2

The EP detail is as follows;

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/1.3.41

DB: MySQL 5.0.22-log

PHP: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/fhlinux145/v/vinylcutgraphics.co.uk/user/htdocs/oscommerce/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

HTC: false

I would be very grateful for any help and assistance you can offer.

Many thanks

Michelle