• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hello,

I'm about to dropkick my monitor if I don't figure this out...

I have installed Easy Populate 2.76g and I also have installed Attributes Sort Order + Clone. I want to be able to use EP to upload/download this new "attributes sort" field into my store. How can this be done?

I have looked at countless threads trying to figure this out and I'm going blind. I have also looked at this "Product Extra Fields" contribution but the code in the install file is nothing comparable to what is in the current EP contribution. Also, I don't need a contribution that will add more fields to my database... the field I want to use is already there. I just want to configure EP to use this field and upload/download appropriately.

Now, I'm sure that somewhere throughout this thread this topic has been covered. I'm not looking for hand holding but merely a push in the right direction. Please advise if you can. Thanks.

If you look in the documentation under supported contributions this one is not mentioned that I can see.

Looks like a update to the contribution is required.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

"'v_products_price' Price you want listed. Right now we don't handle anything except retail price"

I'm not how updated this information is. I am trying to implement the most recent Price Break 1.3.5 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1242) to Easy populate so that it can import and export multiple prices and quantity levels.

I tried finding the field name in phpAdmin and came across "products_price_break" and looks like it contains some of the required values (products_price_break_id products_id products_price products_qty) but that means it would conflict with the current variable names?

I also tried referring the older contributions that offered price break implementations to ep and locate some variable/fields names to no avail.

Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Hello

I have been using easypopulate on my localhost test web site for about 6 weeks now. I have been down loading the products and editing the csv file and then "inserting into database" without any problems. On Wed I wanted to start adding my new products so I changed the v_status column to "Delete" and sucessfully deleted all products except 2 which I want to keep. I then changed the v_status column to "Active" to test that I could add the products back - but I cannot add the products. I deleted all products apart from one from the file for testing purposes.

This is the error I get when I try "Inserting into database" - I can see that the "products" are loading ok but the "product_descriptions" have duplicated columns and I have been trying to figure out why for 3 days now

[codebox]File uploaded. Temporary filename: /tmp\php3F.tmpUser filename: EP2008Nov15-1503_1.csvSize: 1329| MSIMPRO | Microsoft | Descr | www | Title | descriptio | Keywords | http | microsoft/ | microsoft/ | microsoft/ | 49.99 | 10 | 0 | 01/01/1970 | 03/09/2008 | | Staunton C | subcategor | Wooden Des | | 1 | Chess Boar | 3 | No Board R | | 4 | Please Inc | | 2 | Case | 1 | No Case Re | | 2 | Please Inc | | --none-- | Active !New Product!1110 - Column 'products_head_keywords_tag' specified twiceINSERT INTO products_description ( products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag,products_head_desc_tag,products_head_keywords_tag,produc
ts_seo_url,products_head_title_tag,products_head_desc_tag,products_head_keywords_
tag, products_url ) VALUES ( '43', 1, 'Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro', 'Descr', 'Title','description','Keywords','http','Title','description','Keywords', 'www' )[TEP STOP][/codebox]

I have tried saving in different formats as described in the manual but it makes no difference.

[codebox]EP vers: 2.76g-MS2osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2aOS: HTTP: Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.3DB: MySQL 5.0.41-community-ntPHP: 5.2.3 (Zend: 2.2.0)Temp Directory:W:/www/chesssetstore.co.uk/temp/Temp Dir is WritableMagic Quotes is: offregister_globals is: onSplit files on: 300 recordsModel Num Size: 12Price with tax: falseCalc Precision: 2Replace quotes: falseField seperator: commaExcel safe output: truePreserve tab/cr/lf: falseCategory depth: 2Enable attributes: trueSEF Froogle URLS: falseMore Pics: falseUnknown Pics: falseHTC: falseSPPC: falseExtra Fields: false
[/codebox]

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction

Thanks ... Dennis

Did you check the input file to ensure the titles were not duplicated as indicated in the error message?

Column 'products_head_keywords_tag' specified twice

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

This is the error I get when I try "Inserting into database" - I can see that the "products" are loading ok but the "product_descriptions" have duplicated columns and I have been trying to figure out why for 3 days now

[codebox]File uploaded. Temporary filename: /tmp\php3F.tmpUser filename: EP2008Nov15-1503_1.csvSize: 1329| MSIMPRO | Microsoft | Descr | www | Title | descriptio | Keywords | http | microsoft/ | microsoft/ | microsoft/ | 49.99 | 10 | 0 | 01/01/1970 | 03/09/2008 | | Staunton C | subcategor | Wooden Des | | 1 | Chess Boar | 3 | No Board R | | 4 | Please Inc | | 2 | Case | 1 | No Case Re | | 2 | Please Inc | | --none-- | Active !New Product!1110 - Column 'products_head_keywords_tag' specified twiceINSERT INTO products_description ( products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag,products_head_desc_tag,products_head_keywords_tag,produc
ts_seo_url,products_head_title_tag,products_head_desc_tag,products_head_keywords
_
tag, products_url ) VALUES ( '43', 1, 'Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro', 'Descr', 'Title','description','Keywords','http','Title','description','Keywords', 'www' )[TEP STOP][/codebox]

geoffreywalton, multiple column headers with the same name won't mess up the SQL.

dennis, have you modified the EP 2.76g? My guess is you have added those header tag fields using the custom fields feature for products_description table. if you post what you've changed, I may be able to give you a pointer.

Also be aware there is support for an older header tags contribution built in. You only need to turn it on in the settings. The field names should still be the same, but maybe not. I haven't looked at it in a while.

geoffreywalton, multiple column headers with the same name won't mess up the SQL.

dennis, have you modified the EP 2.76g? My guess is you have added those header tag fields using the custom fields feature for products_description table. if you post what you've changed, I may be able to give you a pointer.

Also be aware there is support for an older header tags contribution built in. You only need to turn it on in the settings. The field names should still be the same, but maybe not. I haven't looked at it in a while.

Hello Todd

Thanks for your reply

Yes I have modified EP 2.76g. I have added "product" fields for the "3 images" contribution and also "product descriptions" for the "Header Tag" contribution.

This is what I changed the code to :

[codebox]$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_mediumimage' => 'mediumimage' , 'products_largeimage' => 'largeimage'); // See above
$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_head_title_tag' => 'headertag' , 'products_head_desc_tag' => 'desc_tag' , 'products_head_keywords_tag' => 'keywordtag' , 'products_seo_url' => 'seo_url');[/codebox]

Thanks ... Dennis

I'm confused on the Attributes side.

How do you manage attributes when it says at the top

What does EP *NOT* do well?

So far, EP does not handle attributes well. When viewing product export, it

may be difficult to understand how it works. As such, I'do not recommend

that anyone use EP for managing attributes.

When i download a product, i get a spreadsheet that downloads every attribute in the system, but none are allocated to the product. Is there something that i have done wrong?

thanks

Ian

I'm confused on the Attributes side.

When i download a product, i get a spreadsheet that downloads every attribute in the system, but none are allocated to the product. Is there something that i have done wrong?

you are not doing anything wrong. Yes, every attribute is added to the spreadsheet when you download the attributes even if the products downloaded don't use them. That is why the docs have the note about attributes not being handled well.

You must understand that EP was not written to "manage products". it was written to provide a way to move products from shop to shop. Or to store product sets off-line. Hence the name, Easy Populate.

geoffreywalton doesn't share my pessimism of the way attributes work in EP, he'd say it can be done with diligence. Indeed it can if you have a relatively moderate number of attributes. But it can be a real pain.

If you are looking for something to manage attributes, I'd suggest AJAX attributes manager.

Hello Todd

Thanks for your reply

Yes I have modified EP 2.76g. I have added "product" fields for the "3 images" contribution and also "product descriptions" for the "Header Tag" contribution.

This is what I changed the code to :

[codebox]$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_mediumimage' => 'mediumimage' , 'products_largeimage' => 'largeimage'); // See above
$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_head_title_tag' => 'headertag' , 'products_head_desc_tag' => 'desc_tag' , 'products_head_keywords_tag' => 'keywordtag' , 'products_seo_url' => 'seo_url');[/codebox]

Thanks ... Dennis

remove the header tags fields from your custom fields and enable the built-in support, find:

define ('EP_HTC_SUPPORT', false);

set to true:

define ('EP_HTC_SUPPORT', true);

Yep, I almost always look on the bright side of life.

And providing the no of columns doesn't go over 256 I've had it working.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

After uploading a .csv with EP my products categories first sub-category is not showing up in the body of the page

Example

demo1.jpg

As you can see in the categories box, I have the top level category selected and its sub category is shown below in the categories box however the sub category is not displayed in the main body of the page all I get is the no products in this category message.

It only does this on the first level sub category if I click 2 levels deep I then get sub sub category images in the main body of the page.

Example

demo2.jpg

Would really appreciate help with this problem

site is www.superfpaint.com/buyonline if you want to check it out

also I have manually created a test category with sub categories in it and they show up leading me to believe that it has to be something wrong with EP

thanks

CameronT21

most likely it is something wrong with your import file. If you are using any of my versions of EP, there is a section called "how to ask for help" at the bottom of the manual. please post the information requested there for help.

I'm using EP and everything is doing fine, I only have problem, not really a problem I would say it is more a doubt.

After I updated my catalog using EP I realize that in every product name EP added the product model like this:

Deck Think Fuenzalida Skywalker 7.50 [272]

Where [272] is the v_products_model for that item. It's happening in all my products.

Is there a way to remove that number?

Thank's in advance folks.

So I believe I found the answer to my problem

Here are the sites EP Info

settings.jpg

Site is setup on oscommerce-2.2rc2a

So what I found to be the issue is that any category that had both sub categories and products in it, the products were being displayed and not the sub categories. So in my case where I had a page saying "No products in this category" was because there were actually products in that category they were just set to inactive in addition to sub categories. Still I wonder though why oscommerce is setup to only display products in a category if in fact that category has sub categories, why not display both?

So I spent the last 2 days banging my head into the wall for what now seems to be the most idiotic thing in the world. Oh well, you learn right?

Thanks

CameronT21

well, if you figured it out, no need to post your settings. :D

yes, that is right. Seems silly to me also.

I might have been able to save you a righteous headache if you gave me a look at the import file as the "how to ask for help" recommends.

Edited by surfalot

Hi I have easy populate version3.

At the moment I can not download the attributes assigned to my products.

For example:-

I have a lingerie item available in blue black and red. sizes small, medium and large.

normall when I download EP file I get

product code name descripition ....... ...... etc

1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

but want

attribute attrubute1 product code name descripition ....... ...... etc

Blue small 1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

Blue medium 1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

Blue Large 1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

Black small 1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

Black medium 1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

Black Large 1234 lingerie item sexy thong and bra

Red small .....etc etc

The maximum attribute options I have for any one product is 8

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

Wayne

I posted this to the general support forum several months ago but didn't much response, so I'm reposting here. Since my problem is with EasyPopulate this is the better forum to post in...

I'm trying to get the Date Available (date_avail) and Date Added (date_added) fields to keep the data in the existing table. When I add a product I set the date added and date available in the EP upload file and then upload the file to my catalog. Then when I upload updates to the catalog, the original date added and date available are over-written with the current date. I want EP to ignore the current date and use the dates already in the catalog and only use the current date when I'm adding a new item or when the catalog item doesn't have a date in the date added or date available fields.

I've added...

$default_these[] = 'v_date_avail';
$default_these[] = 'v_date_added';

to the Defaulted items code...

// these are the fields that will be defaulted to the current values in
// the database if they are not found in the incoming file
$default_these = array();
foreach ($languages as $key => $lang){
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_name_' . $lang['id'];
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_description_' . $lang['id'];
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_url_' . $lang['id'];
 if (EP_HTC_SUPPORT == true) {
$default_these[] = 'v_products_head_title_tag_' . $lang['id'];
$default_these[] = 'v_products_head_desc_tag_' . $lang['id'];
$default_these[] = 'v_products_head_keywords_tag_' . $lang['id'];
 }
}
$default_these[] = 'v_products_image';
if (EP_MORE_PICS_6_SUPPORT == true) {
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage1';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage2';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage3';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage4';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage5';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage6';
}
if (EP_UNKNOWN_ADD_IMAGES_SUPPORT == true) {
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_mimage';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_bimage';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage1';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_bsubimage1';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage2';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_bsubimage2';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_subimage3';
 $default_these[] = 'v_products_bsubimage3';
}
$default_these[] = 'v_categories_id';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_price';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_quantity';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_weight';
$default_these[] = 'v_status_current';
$default_these[] = 'v_date_avail';
$default_these[] = 'v_date_added';
$default_these[] = 'v_tax_class_title';
$default_these[] = 'v_manufacturers_name';
$default_these[] = 'v_manufacturers_id';

// Additional fields
$default_these[] = 'v_products_price_list';
$default_these[] = 'v_vendors_product_price';
$default_these[] = 'v_vendors_id';
$default_these[] = 'v_vendors_prod_comments';
$default_these[] = 'v_vendors_prod_id';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_ship_price';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount1';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount2';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount3';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount1_qty';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount2_qty';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount3_qty';
$default_these[] = 'v_products_discount_percentage';
// End Added fields

But this doesn't seem to work. What else do I need to do to get the date_added and date_avail to keep the original values?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

I posted this to the general support forum several months ago but didn't much response, so I'm reposting here. Since my problem is with EasyPopulate this is the better forum to post in...

I'm trying to get the Date Available (date_avail) and Date Added (date_added) fields to keep the data in the existing table. When I add a product I set the date added and date available in the EP upload file and then upload the file to my catalog. Then when I upload updates to the catalog, the original date

Please ignore my previous post.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

OK Rick, that has got to be the shortest short term memory laps I have seen in a LONG time.

Not only have I answered that question before, but it was YOU that asked it. :D look back to Jul 27 2008, 01:00 PM. Did you really forget this was the support thread for EP *AND* that had asked that before? :rolleyes:

wholly cow! :D All I did was put v_date_added in the lower left search, it was half way down the page.

OK Rick, that has got to be the shortest short term memory laps I have seen in a LONG time.

Not only have I answered that question before, but it was YOU that asked it. :D look back to Jul 27 2008, 01:00 PM. Did you really forget this was the support thread for EP *AND* that had asked that before? :rolleyes:

wholly cow! :D All I did was put v_date_added in the lower left search, it was half way down the page.

They say that's the first thing to go...

Anyway, I did some price and quantity updates yesterday and the dates changed on me. I thought we had fixed this but when I searched, I found a post to the general forum I had made before posting to this forum. Then I opened my easypopulate.php and found the change we'd made and, well... what can I say. I tried to delete the new post but couldn't so my Ooops was the best I could think of. I still don't know why the dates changed, maybe another lapse of memory, but it's working today.

Sorry for the memory lapse, and thanks for a great contrib and excellent support of it.

Thanks,

Rick

Hello!

I am new to osCommerce and started to configure the shop. As we switched from another e-commerce platform to osCommerce, we want to keep some of the old one's feature. Until now everything has worked out fine. But today a problem came up which I couldn't solve.

We want to use category descriptions which specify the content of the category. So I installed the contribution "category description" which works out fine. Then I installed EP, which was no problem either. Now I wanted to add the field "category_description" to easypopulate.php, so that the content can be exported to the data base. The main difference is that my variable is in the table "category_description" (named "category_description" as well) and not in "product_description". I read the manuals and searched the forum, but I found only answers for adding a field concerning the product not the category.

May anybody give me a hint how to add the field "category_description"?

You can my easypopulate.php here. But in fact it is the standard configuration.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

Has anyone had this problem before?

Everything is fine except that I can't download anything if I want the attributes in it, if I set the following in easypopulate.php

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

define ('EP_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES', false); // default is true

all is fine except that I have no attributes. If this is set to true I get the following message:-

Internal Server Error, this is an error with your script, check your error log for more information

I'm not sure where to find my error log.

Here are my EP settings:-

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7d

DB: MySQL 4.1.19-standard-log

PHP: 4.4.1 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/s/p/sportsgolf/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

I have searched the forums and done a search on google for this searching forums.oscommerc.com but only found one reference to this dated 2004 but no solution.

Thanks for any advice.