• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi ,

I have installed the contribution Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 (with attributes) and also Product Extra Field (latest Product Extra Fields 2.0j) contribution both work great on their own.

... but I am having a problem with reimporting the Extra Fields.csv file where it says that it has updated but when I check the changed fields in the database and the product(s) pages they don't update.

I download the Extra Fields .csv file to edit and make my changes, save it as a tab-delimited txt file and upload the file back. I have the switch set to "true" in EP to have it work. Re-importing .csv file will not update the database or on the product(s) pages. Please help!

Evidently someone else is having the same problem as me See thread here :

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1328832

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ken Stock

Hi Todd, i'm going thru the manual, the only thing i see is

is this the setting that need to change the category size?

Also, do you why products doesn't stays in one same category, but it seperate products as each category?

Thanks for the response.

please see the "How to Ask for Help" sub-section of the SUPPORT section of the manual for help with what information to post for assistance.

Hey guys,

I cannot seem to get to ep from my admin . When I click on the link to it, it just gives me "cannot find webpage".Does anyone have any ideas? Somewhere in the programming part I must have blown it. Thanks

make sure you have uploaded the easypopulate.php file (and its functions file) to your /admin/ folder.

if the files are there and the link in the admin menu is not working, you can access the utility from

http://www.yoursite.com/admin/easypopulate.php

if your shop is in the root of your site.

make sure you have uploaded the easypopulate.php file (and its functions file) to your /admin/ folder.

if the files are there and the link in the admin menu is not working, you can access the utility from

http://www.yoursite.com/admin/easypopulate.php

if your shop is in the root of your site.

Ok Thanks alot that got me a little further, but now it looks like this when I click on the link.

Warning: main(easypopulate_functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Warning: main(easypopulate_functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'easypopulate_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Ok Thanks alot that got me a little further, but now it looks like this when I click on the link.

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'easypopulate_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Did you install the file "easypopulate_functions.php" also? It goes in the admin folder where "easy_populate.php" is located.

Did you install the file "easypopulate_functions.php" also? It goes in the admin folder where "easy_populate.php" is located.

Yeah I installed that in the same folder, now it works awesome! Thanks alot!!! So now when I click on the link it works. When it opens up Easy popular, i browse and find my excel file to upload some categories from my old site and then it gives me these errors. It won't let me upload the categories. Maybe I have something wrong in my spreadsheet, I don't know.Do you have any ideas?

Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 r1 - Default Language : english(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpfdWglO' to '/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv' in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpfdWglO

User filename: STP merchandise.csv

Size: 613

Warning: file(/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 960

Warning: fopen(/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 986

##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Edited by bigbear69

Yeah I installed that in the same folder, now it works awesome! Thanks alot!!! So now when I click on the link it works. When it opens up Easy popular, i browse and find my excel file to upload some categories from my old site and then it gives me these errors. It won't let me upload the categories. Maybe I have something wrong in my spreadsheet, I don't know.Do you have any ideas?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpfdWglO' to '/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv' in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpfdWglO

User filename: STP merchandise.csv

Warning: file(/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 960

Warning: fopen(/home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/temp/STP merchandise.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsma/public_html/Mystore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 986

##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Do you have the "temp" folder CHMOD set to 777?

Do you have the "temp" folder CHMOD set to 777?

OK I changed that and now it shows me this.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVc5zD7

User filename: stpmerchandise.csv

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:

File uploaded.

Well I decided to try and upload through this: Import EP file from Temp Dir

And then when I uploaded it gave me this:

Filename: EP2008Oct31-0808.csv

Does that mean it uploaded that file, because it doesn't show up in my categories anywhere?

Do I have to go find it in my admin to apply it or should it be automatic and just show up in categories?

File uploaded.

Looks like you have blank Product Models for some of your products.

Edited by Mickeyfin

Anyone heard of a Easy Populate Advanced addon like the one available for ZenCart? If not what have others used as a workaround for deleting products please? (Besides manually deleting products or deleting the database!).

I would have thought that Easy Populate would be of limited use without a deletion option?

Anyone heard of a Easy Populate Advanced addon like the one available for ZenCart? If not what have others used as a workaround for deleting products please? (Besides manually deleting products or deleting the database!).

I would have thought that Easy Populate would be of limited use without a deletion option?

Ignore this please, I've found the option "Status". Just me being daft duh!

Internal 500 error:

Hello. I love this plugin, but I'm running into problems. When I first installed it and only had 77 items on my website, it worked fine. Downloaded, uploaded, etc. I added about 264 items to the website making it near 350 or so. Ever since I did this, I cannot download my .CSV file. Whether I try to write it to the temp directory, hit the quick link button, or hit the create complete .CSV button, they all three time-out to that 500 error message.

I host through namecheap.com, and they do not have a php.ini file on the server. They told me to make my own and place it in the public_html folder.

register_globals = On

max_execution_time = 240 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 180 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)

upload_max_filesize = 32M

I came up with this mini php.ini file. They told me I should just make once and place it in the public folder and to modify it for what I needed. As you can see, I set higher limited on the execution_time, input_time, memory, and upload size. I made this file, uploaded it to my server, no fix. I still get the time-out/500 message when trying to download my .csv file.

Can someone PLEASE suggest some tips that may fix this issue?

Thank you for such a great plugin, I just wish I could put it to its full use.

Believe you can put the line

max_execution_time = 240 ;

in the .htaccess file, but the apache config must be set to allow this (httpd.conf AllowOverride All).

or you could try ini_set, a magic php command, within the script.

Have a google....

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Internal 500 error:

Hello. I love this plugin, but I'm running into problems. When I first installed it and only had 77 items on my website, it worked fine. Downloaded, uploaded, etc. I added about 264 items to the website making it near 350 or so. Ever since I did this, I cannot download my .CSV file. Whether I try to write it to the temp directory, hit the quick link button, or hit the create complete .CSV button, they all three time-out to that 500 error message.

that number of products seems a bit low to be experiencing a time-out. does your host utilize remote database or localhost database? do you have a lot of attributes per product in your catalog? if so, does it make any difference if you change the include attributes setting to false?

that number of products seems a bit low to be experiencing a time-out. does your host utilize remote database or localhost database? do you have a lot of attributes per product in your catalog? if so, does it make any difference if you change the include attributes setting to false?

No. None of my products have a bunch of attributes to them.

www.levelingpros.com/store

Pretty basic setup lol. I have no idea why it is doing this and is really really slowing my project down. I'm going to try the attributes setting to false. Otherwise i'll see about modifying the apache setup.

does your host utilize remote database or localhost database? makes a big difference in EP speed.

Are you sure it has been a time-out 500 error? just isn't enough products for that.

500 errors can be a lot of different things.

Help! I know you're suppose to read all the posts to any subject, but there are so many! And I haven't been very successful using the search in the forum yet (I promise to spend more time finding my way around here after I am no longer in panic mode). So, this one time please don't get mad if the answer is in front of my nose but ...

I installed Easy Populate, read through the documentation (wow!!!) and then uploaded my files ... but now my Admin Panel isn't working .. it only has a partial menu, and the one's there don't work.

I'm sure I haven't done something that someone else hasn't done before me :blush: -- so could some one point me in the right direction as to what mistake I've made? (Note: Easy Populate files have been uploaded and the catalog.php file has been amended, and the temp directory created with the correct chmod and that's as far as I've got).

Thanks for the help!!

Pam

there really is no way I can tell what you have done wrong from your description. The best advice I can give is restore the catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php file from your backup and try again. Or just take a fresh look at that file and make adjustments.

The only change I made was to the catalog.php file (admin/includes/boxes/) -- this is the insert:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

I'm running 2.2 RC2; I downloaded the v2.76g-MS2 (with attributes).

I haven't made any other changes, just the one line and uploaded and added the subdirectory. No suggestions? Strip it out -- I can't imagine what I'd do different unless you see something I don't.

Thanks again,

Pam

Help! I know you're suppose to read all the posts to any subject, but there are so many! And I haven't been very successful using the search in the forum yet (...)

Hi, Pam - just a handy hint - if you want to search the forum, don't bother with the forum's resident search, as it doesn't work very well. Search the forum using Google's advanced search, limiting results to the domain "www.oscommerce.com/forums".