• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

it's very strange. I don't know what is causing it. EP is not producing the problem if it works fine saving to temp and directly to your computer. It must be something in your setup. Maybe try this...

In the easypopulate.php file there are 2 lines like this:

header("Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel");

replace each with:

header("Content-type: text/x-csv");

or maybe this:

header("Content-type: application/x-msexcel");

see if the behavior is different.

it's very strange. I don't know what is causing it. EP is not producing the problem if it works fine saving to temp and directly to your computer. It must be something in your setup. Maybe try this...

In the easypopulate.php file there are 2 lines like this:

replace each with:

or maybe this:

see if the behavior is different.

Thank you very! It works now. I changed it to header("Content-type: text/x-csv") and now Easy Populate works just fine even when I open it up in Excel.

This contribution is brilliant but as many others have found, product attributes does seem to be a sticking point. How do I export to CSV, my product with only the attributes that are connected to it. At the moment the export puts all the various attributes that are available but not the ones that the product has been defined in the admin to use. For example: I need just this Pants, Colour Blue, Size Small.

Also I have noticed that the export to csv puts the attributes numbered from about 286 and misses out the previous attributes, 1 - 285. I do have a lot of attributes set up. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated and I apologise if this has been answered before. Looked in the forums but couldn't find a direct answer.

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

This contribution is brilliant but as many others have found, product attributes does seem to be a sticking point. How do I export to CSV, my product with only the attributes that are connected to it. At the moment the export puts all the various attributes that are available but not the ones that the product has been defined in the admin to use. For example: I need just this Pants, Colour Blue, Size Small.

at current, there is not a way to do this with EP that I am aware of. The way the code works is that it puts all the attributes into the speadsheet to choose the ones you need.

Also I have noticed that the export to csv puts the attributes numbered from about 286 and misses out the previous attributes, 1 - 285. I do have a lot of attributes set up. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated and I apologise if this has been answered before. Looked in the forums but couldn't find a direct answer.

I have not experienced this behavior. Are you sure there are attributes 1-285 in your database?

I use EP to create and upload products to my store. It's been working fine until I tried to use HTML code on the product description to introduce extra images for the products.

Here is what I do. I create a table with images and descriptions for the product via dreamweaver, then select the table and copy the source code to the product description cell on Excel. After that, I save the Excel as CSV. When I import the CSV file to my store via EP, there is nothing wrong. The product is added successfully.

Problem comes when I export the products from my store to my computer. The downloaded Excel (or CSV) file contains a huge cell that has almost everything on it: the product name, product model, product description. It seems everything is jammed together. It's not possible to read the Excel file, let along updating it and putting it back online.

One more thing, when I save the Excel file (with my html code) as CSV, I realize that the CSV file is the same as the one I downloaded via EP.

Can someone help here? I really need to fix that. Thanks a lot.

I use EP to create and upload products to my store. It's been working fine until I tried to use HTML code on the product description to introduce extra images for the products.

Here is what I do. I create a table with images and descriptions for the product via dreamweaver, then select the table and copy the source code to the product description cell on Excel. After that, I save the Excel as CSV. When I import the CSV file to my store via EP, there is nothing wrong. The product is added successfully.

Problem comes when I export the products from my store to my computer. The downloaded Excel (or CSV) file contains a huge cell that has almost everything on it: the product name, product model, product description. It seems everything is jammed together. It's not possible to read the Excel file, let along updating it and putting it back online.

One more thing, when I save the Excel file (with my html code) as CSV, I realize that the CSV file is the same as the one I downloaded via EP.

have you seen the conversation with shelby72 just above?

have you seen the conversation with shelby72 just above?

Thank you so much for the response. I have seen the conversation with shelby72 and tried to change the following lines:

to:

or

but the problem still exists.

Edited by shenbo

I have EP installed and it works great. 1 problem I have is when I build a new csv file with products, the file uploads fine.

When I go to my store and click on one of the new products, the product description is causing the column_right to fall down below the product description. I can go to admin and edit the product, then it looks right. I'm so confused.

Visit the page for this product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a sample product description html code:

<b>Specifications</b><ul> <li>Mfr Part Number: 7528BB-010 (MBOX G31M3-F)</li> <li>Motherboard: MSI G31M3-F</li> <li>Processor: LGA775 Supports Intel Core2 Quad / Core Duo / Pentium D / Pentium 4 Processors; FSB 1333/ 1066/ 800 MHz</li> <li>Chipset: Intel G31 & ICH7</li> <li>Memory: 240pin DDR2-800/667 DIMMs; Dual Channel; Max capacity 4GB</li> <li>Slots: 1x PCI Express x16 slot; 1x PCI Express x1 slot; 2x PCI slots</li> <li>IDE/SATA: 1x ATA-100 channel; 4x SATA2 ports</li>  <li>Audio: Realtek ALC888 8-channel Audio</li> <li>Video: Integrated Intel GMA3100 Graphics Controller</li> <li>Lan: PCI-E LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet</li> <li>Drive Bays: 4x 5.25"" External bays; 2x 3.5"" External bays; 4x 3.5"" Internal bays</li> <li>Ports: </li><ul> <li>Front: 2x USB 2.0 ports; 1x Speaker; 1x Mic</li> <li>Rear: 4x USB 2.0 ports; 2x PS/2 ports; 1x Serial port; 1x Parallel port; 1x VGA port; 1x RJ45 LAN</li> </ul> <li>System Cooling: 1x 90mm Rear Fan; Side Intel V1.1 Air Guide</li> <li>Form Factor: ATX Mid Tower</li> <li>Power Supply: 400W ATX 12V V.2.01 w/ 120mm fan</li> </ul>

Anybody know how to use EP to adjust inventory levels in the attributes,

cap I have size 6 I have 2 : size 7 I have 4

Etc

v2.76c-g has not been modified for attribute stock levels. You might find another version in the downloads that will do that though.

I have EP installed and it works great. 1 problem I have is when I build a new csv file with products, the file uploads fine.

When I go to my store and click on one of the new products, the product description is causing the column_right to fall down below the product description. I can go to admin and edit the product, then it looks right. I'm so confused.

Visit the page for this product.

I don't see what you are describing.

Thank you so much for the response. I have seen the conversation with shelby72 and tried to change the following lines:

to:

or

but the problem still exists.

Gather information:

1) Set EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to true in the EP settings and then copy the

settings & server info that are displayed on the EP main page into your post.

2) Include the type of operating system and software you are using to edit

the datafile. (Windows, MAC, Linux) / (Excel, Open Office, etc.)

3) Post a link to the file EP is producing.

** Please avoid posting the sample data since the forum may modify it.

4) Place all information in your post.

This is the Info:

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a
HTTP: Apache
DB: MySQL 4.1.22-standard-log
PHP: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:
/*******/local/home/******/rickspcparts.com/catalog/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: on
Split files on: 300 records
Model Num Size: 12
Price with tax: false
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: false
Field seperator: comma
Excel safe output: true
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 7
Enable attributes: false
SEF Froogle URLS: true
More Pics: false
Unknown Pics: false
HTC: false
SPPC: false
Extra Fields: false

I'm on a Windows XP Pro 64 PC with Microsoft Excel 2003

This a link to a product that has not been edited from admin.

What I mean by edited from admin is when I go to admin>>categories/products>>I click on the product to edit>>it takes me to the product page just like I'm adding a new product. I dont do anything accept click on "Preview" and then "Update"

That cleans the code or something because the item displays correctly on the product info page after I do this.

Edited by rickeyl

What I mean by edited from admin is when I go to admin>>categories/products>>I click on the product to edit>>it takes me to the product page just like I'm adding a new product. I dont do anything accept click on "Preview" and then "Update"

That cleans the code or something because the item displays correctly on the product info page after I do this.

the problem is not in the EP data. you have a malformed table right after the product description is displayed and just before the quantity selector.

the problem is not in the EP data. you have a malformed table right after the product description is displayed and just before the quantity selector.

Thanks for your reply, I have searched for the table and I fail to find it. I took the source code from the product_info.php for 2 different products (one that is linked in the forum and one that displays correctly) and went through them with Beyond Compare. I found no difference. Did you mean there was a bad table in the .csv file?

Thanks, Rickey

you're not going to find any difference with a compare. I can't tell you why it works after editing the product in the admin. That's very strange. you notice that it looks OK in firefox either way. Its not a big problem, but it's there. looks like it is part of the quantity selector code. it starts a new table row just before, but no table tag. shouldn't be there.

you're not going to find any difference with a compare. I can't tell you why it works after editing the product in the admin. That's very strange. you notice that it looks OK in firefox either way. Its not a big problem, but it's there. looks like it is part of the quantity selector code. it starts a new table row just before, but no table tag. shouldn't be there.

Thanks again, I found the problem. When I installed the quantity drop down contribution, I was supposed to have replaced some code instead of placing it below it. I removed it and reinstalled the contribution correctly and now it works fine.

I really appreciate you looking into this for me as I would have been pulling my hair out (what little bit I have left).

Try to emove all quotes from your HTML tags

Hi, please help me!

I installed Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 (with attributes)

However, when i create the excel sheet with sub-cat,

for example: i create first cat > second cat > product cat 1, product cat 2, product cat 3, ects...

when create the excel product list, let say i have 10 products in this category, first cat > second cat > product cat 1, it import 10 product cat 1 category instead with each product in it, instead of single product cat 1 category with 10 products in it

could you guy please me figure it out?

Thanks,

Also, i notice there are some products being imported to main category and second sub-cat. is there anything i do wrong? or is that contribution having issue? thanks!

please see the support section of the manual for help with what information to post for assistance.

Hi Todd, i'm going thru the manual, the only thing i see is

// **** Max Category Levels ****

// change this if you need more or fewer categories.

// set this to the maximum depth of your categories.

define ('EP_MAX_CATEGORIES', 7); // default is 7

is this the setting that need to change the category size?

Also, do you why products doesn't stays in one same category, but it seperate products as each category?

Thanks for the response.