• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

*** CRACKED IT! ***

My gut feeling was that this was something to do with data stored in memory or other cache either on my server or the SQL server but could not figure where. On a hunch I looked at the osC cache folder and found LOTS of "categories_box-english.cachex_xx" files. In Admin/Tools/Cache Control I reset the "Categories Box" cache. Sure enough the test categories no longer show!

Now all I have to do is work out if I need to turn cache off or just remember to clear the cache after an EP upload. Either way I am a MUCH happier bunny now.

Well, that's another step closer to opening the shop. It has only held me up by ONE WHOLE WEEK but at the moment I don't care as I am cloud nine having finally cracked the problem.

Paul (The happy bunny).

*** CRACKED IT! ***

My gut feeling was that this was something to do with data stored in memory or other cache either on my server or the SQL server but could not figure where. On a hunch I looked at the osC cache folder and found LOTS of "categories_box-english.cachex_xx" files. In Admin/Tools/Cache Control I reset the "Categories Box" cache. Sure enough the test categories no longer show!

Now all I have to do is work out if I need to turn cache off or just remember to clear the cache after an EP upload. Either way I am a MUCH happier bunny now.

Well, that's another step closer to opening the shop. It has only held me up by ONE WHOLE WEEK but at the moment I don't care as I am cloud nine having finally cracked the problem.

Paul (The happy bunny).

Mmm, should have thought of that. The cache is really only useful with large numbers of products/cats (or with (ahem) remote databases. I would only enable after the site launches, if at all.

I got some minor issue and I don't know why:

I added Short Description contribution and made necessary changes in EP.

Short Description works fine, and in EP I got new "short" checkbox so I thought that everything OK.

I uploaded file with short description and it went perfect. Well, later I noticed that when I make Froogle file, for some reasons product name and description appear in quotas "". Also, while header row is correct, word ERROR appear 2 columns right of column where it should appear (instead of column K it appears in column M), but in a header word ERROR stays in correct column K. Also I noticed that when I create Froogle file its name not start with Froogle as before, but with EP as not froogle file. Otherwise froogle file is fine.

I changed easypopulate.php file back as it was before but Froogle file still has that problem. I can't see how problem can be related to Short Description contribution I add.

Thanks for any ideas where look for error.

P.S. I just realised that word ERROR should not be at all in froogle file.

Now froogle file looks like srtange "mix" of EP and froogle files.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: LiteSpeed

DB: MySQL 5.0.51a-community

PHP: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/media777/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 15

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field separator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: true

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

I have added "Easy Populate" & "Products Extra Fields" contributions and was wondering which of the following contributions do you recommend for adding extra images that works best with EP:

- UltraPics 2.08

or

-Extra Images 1.6.1

or

any others?

Thank you.....

Hi i'm having trouble with the attributes part of the module. I can download the attributes without a problem (if i select the manufacturer tick box and filter by manufacturer, i get a timeout if i dont do this) but when i come to upload the file (after only changing the prices) it says updated on the admin screen but none of the values have actually been changed in the database. All details are below

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.0.63 (Win32) PHP/5.2.5

DB: MySQL 5.0.27-community-nt

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/catalog//temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 30

Price with tax: true

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Here's a link to the ep file i'm trying to upload

link

I have the same problem on the live server and my test server

Thanks

Scott

Hi i'm having trouble with the attributes part of the module. I can download the attributes without a problem (if i select the manufacturer tick box and filter by manufacturer, i get a timeout if i dont do this) but when i come to upload the file (after only changing the prices) it says updated on the admin screen but none of the values have actually been changed in the database. All details are below

can you give me a link to an "after" file that indicates how and what you are changing before the upload?

also, can you post the first 10 lines of the result page after the upload (top of the easypopulate page after upload)?

(quality post, by the way)

Edited by surfalot

I got some minor issue and I don't know why:

I added Short Description contribution and made necessary changes in EP.

Short Description works fine, and in EP I got new "short" checkbox so I thought that everything OK.

I uploaded file with short description and it went perfect. Well, later I noticed that when I make Froogle file, for some reasons product name and description appear in quotas "". Also, while header row is correct, word ERROR appear 2 columns right of column where it should appear (instead of column K it appears in column M), but in a header word ERROR stays in correct column K. Also I noticed that when I create Froogle file its name not start with Froogle as before, but with EP as not froogle file. Otherwise froogle file is fine.

I changed easypopulate.php file back as it was before but Froogle file still has that problem. I can't see how problem can be related to Short Description contribution I add.

Thanks for any ideas where look for error.

I won't be supporting froogle any longer since it is a bit of a tangent to the real purpose of this contirbution. There are other contribuitons that should be up to date with GoogleBase and will also automatically update google also. Feed Machine and this one

Hi,

I have been searching for a way to add special pricing to my EP and I have downloaded the latest version by surfalot. I went through the configuration variable section and still dont understand how I would do this... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please?

I won't be supporting froogle any longer since it is a bit of a tangent to the real purpose of this contirbution. There are other contribuitons that should be up to date with GoogleBase and will also automatically update google also. Feed Machine and this one

Well, I really like this EP contribution. I still will use its "populate" part, cause for me it works perfect.

I just somehow hesitate to add new contributions cause it can lead to some troubles later and it's not so easy sometimes to get store back. For now my problem (text in quotes) is not something I cannot live with. I put some more code into my excel file, so it takes care of it.

Probably I will add new Froogle contributions later (thanks for suggestions!).

Computers777dotcom

I have added "Easy Populate" & "Products Extra Fields" contributions and was wondering which of the following contributions do you recommend for adding extra images that works best with EP:

I have seen another contribution that was based on my 2.76f version that was modified for Ultra Pics. Search the contribs.

Is there a way for excel to not get rid of the first 0 in a part number?

in my version (XP), you would open excel, click the Data drop-down, Import External Data. Select the file, follow the prompts until you reach the (step 3 of 3) you can select the type of data for each column. Select text for the model number column.

Question.

With so many revision of Easy Populate and it branches over the years some have continued to be developed and some have ceased.

So I have osCommerce 2.2 RC2a.

What version of Easy Populate should I be using.

If someone could supply a link to the correct and the most stable release version or the exact name in the contribution section of osCommerce.com I would truely appreciate that.

Thank you.

Leon Sargent

Of course I'm bias, but my latest (surfalot v2.76g) is the most fixed and works with the RCx admin and register globals off.

Edited by surfalot

Of course I'm bias, but my latest (surfalot v2.76g) is the most fixed and works with the RCx admin and register globals off.

Just a question.

I have been away from osCommerce for a bit... Is RCa2 coded with Registered Globals off for PHP.ini as it was known to be a tentative security hole.

For I know a lot of contributions are in the process of being converted to RCa2 and still require Register Globals to be on.

Leon

can you give me a link to an "after" file that indicates how and what you are changing before the upload?

also, can you post the first 10 lines of the result page after the upload (top of the easypopulate page after upload)?

(quality post, by the way)

Ok we'll look at product number FMS-FMCL007P which is line 42 in the excel file, this item already has the attribute of Colour/finish : Anodised black with a value of 0 which was added manually. On the upload i'm trying to add Polished Silver (column CF) also with a value of 0.

Here's the complete output for the upload (i know you said the first 10 lines but as i was putting into a text file i thought it made sense to include them all) Link

and here's an image from the store still showing only the black colour Image

If you need anything else just let me know

Thanks

Edited by ProdigyMotorsport

Scott

Its not that I don't believe you that its not working (after image), I want to check what you are changing in the file to make sure you are doing it right. I want to see a virgin upload file (downloaded without any changes), and an upload file with your change in it, side-by-side.

Sorry to post again but I think my post got lost...

Hi,

I have been searching for a way to add special pricing to my EP and I have downloaded the latest version by surfalot. I went through the configuration variable section and still dont understand how I would do this... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please?

Sorry to post again but I think my post got lost...

Hi,

I only offer support for packages I have uploaded here in the forums. Mods to the script is development and therefor not support. I didn't reply because I didn't have an answer. I've been scolded for replying with a "sorry, I don't know" or "sorry, can't help", I don't like it, but they were right. Its more appropriate for me to simply leave the post for someone that may have an answer.

The forum rules have a little help in this regard, which is to add more details if you ask a second time. Bumping, or asking the exact same question twice is a no no.

so, if you provide more detail about what you are trying to achieve, someone may have help for you. No guarantee though. Folks are also more likely to help if they see you made some effort to help yourself.

I wasnt trying to be rude, I use these forums alot and know how invaluable everyone (including surfalot, since he has helped me on more than one occasion) everyones helps can be. I have been searching for this for a few days now and have searched for many different ways of asking for a special price in this forum and others and have seen people ask but nothing conclusive as to how... I will mess with the configuration variables and see if I can make something work with the Define Custom Fields portion....

It seems strange that not more people have been needing it to have a column for special pricing since osc way of adding specials is not very efficient...

Thanks for the reply. I will let you know if I come up with something

I know you weren't trying to be rude, just trying to explain without coming off that way myself. it wasn't clear to me imediately that you were talking about THE osC Specials. That would be incorporating support for another table in EP that hasn't been done yet so it would be a bit of hacking.

I know you weren't trying to be rude, just trying to explain without coming off that way myself. it wasn't clear to me imediately that you were talking about THE osC Specials. That would be incorporating support for another table in EP that hasn't been done yet so it would be a bit of hacking.

Yes that is what im talking about. I dont know why osc makes it so time consuming to do specials... lol I installed a contribution that allows you to manage specials a little easier but it still only allows you to do one at a time or do it by category, which i dont need either of so im back to where I started from... If anyone has modified this for their own use it would be great to have a copy of it because I am no hacker ;-) Thanks for the reply. This is a great contribution and saves me HOURS of work. Thanks!