• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Thankyou Todd for your sympathetic reply. Perhaps I've landed in the middle of what should be a 'process'. there seems to be many diferent downloads ( I took the first, last and relevant looking edits but none of the ones I downloaded had 'easypopulate_functions.php' in the download. And where is this 'manual'? or by that do you mean this discussion thread? There seems to be several 'how to' files that seem to contradict each other...

Thanks again...

Edited by lukegrantmuller

Thankyou Todd for your sympathetic reply. Perhaps I've landed in the middle of what should be a 'process'. there seems to be many diferent downloads ( I took the first, last and relevant looking edits but none of the ones I downloaded had 'easypopulate_functions.php' in the download. And where is this 'manual'? or by that do you mean this discussion thread? There seems to be several 'how to' files that seem to contradict each other...

Thanks again...

try downloading the latest version I have uploaded (surfalot, v2.76g). I always upload complete packages, and do my best to support them here. Unforunately there are lots of folks that just dump and run, don't provide written details, and think they are helping.

try downloading the latest version I have uploaded (surfalot, v2.76g). I always upload complete packages, and do my best to support them here. Unforunately there are lots of folks that just dump and run, don't provide written details, and think they are helping.

Woohoo! thanks, this helps a lot!!! , yep, that was like looking for a needle in a haystack, I never would have figured that out unless you said! Now for some hardcore fiddling with csv's!!!

I need to fill the column v_products_image with a URL of the image from another website other than mine such as http://www.xxxxxxx (by the way I am authorized to use those images). I tried filling the column with http://www.xxxxx however images do not show. I also tried www.xxxx (without the http://) and it still did not work.....I appreciate any help.

I need to fill the column v_products_image with a URL of the image from another website other than mine such as http://www.xxxxxxx (by the way I am authorized to use those images). I tried filling the column with http://www.xxxxx however images do not show. I also tried www.xxxx (without the http://) and it still did not work.....I appreciate any help.

That is not an issue with easypopulate. that is an issue with the base osCommerce code. Specifically the tep_image function. You should post a question in the general osCommerce help topics on how force the tep_image() function to ignore the product images when they are displayed.

I'm hoping one of the experts with EP can help me with this. I'm sure its a common thing.

I have EP and Product Extra Field contributions installed and working seperatly. The tables are all created. Both programs work fine seperatly. I just need to be able to put the Product Extra Field table fields in Easy Populate. As of now, Easy populate only adds fields from the products and products_description tables from the default OSC installation.

How do I modify Easy Populate code to add the two additional tables and their fields used in Product Extra Fields?

The documention in EP reads,

EXTRA FIELDS CONTRIBUTION

-----------------------------------------

(sorry, ran out of time)

and easypopulate.php reads,

// FINAL NOTE: this currently only works with the "products" & "products_description" table.

// If it works well and I don't get a plethora of problems reported,

// I may expand it to more tables. Feel free to make requests, but

// as always, only as me free time allows.

So where do I get instructions on how to do this????

Thank you.

Remember loading a file with a column for the image name only adds this information to the DB, it does not upload the images.

You need to do that yourself using an ftp client.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Remember loading a file with a column for the image name only adds this information to the DB, it does not upload the images.

You need to do that yourself using an ftp client.

yeah i understand that i have loaded the images to my server aleady but it only shows a few of the images and not all of them seems a bit strange to me i have 24 images for braclets but for some reason it will onlu show 12 of them is there anything i need to do to the code so its shows them att as i just caanot figure this out

Edited by johnhorton79

I'm hoping one of the experts with EP can help me with this. I'm sure its a common thing.

I have EP and Product Extra Field contributions installed and working seperatly. The tables are all created. Both programs work fine seperatly. I just need to be able to put the Product Extra Field table fields in Easy Populate. As of now, Easy populate only adds fields from the products and products_description tables from the default OSC installation.

How do I modify Easy Populate code to add the two additional tables and their fields used in Product Extra Fields?

The documention in EP reads,

(sorry, ran out of time)

and easypopulate.php reads,

// FINAL NOTE: this currently only works with the "products" & "products_description" table.

// If it works well and I don't get a plethora of problems reported,

// I may expand it to more tables. Feel free to make requests, but

// as always, only as me free time allows.

So where do I get instructions on how to do this????

Thank you.

geoffreywalton offered a modification to a contribution to EP for Product Extra Fields that was added to v2.76g, he's been participating and should be able to offer help on how to use it.

yeah i understand that i have loaded the images to my server aleady but it only shows a few of the images and not all of them seems a bit strange to me i have 24 images for braclets but for some reason it will onlu show 12 of them is there anything i need to do to the code so its shows them att as i just caanot figure this out

if you are using one of my versions of EP, there is a "Support" section at the bottom of the manual that details information that is require to provide accurate help. Please take a look.

To add information to 2 extra fields, one called "List Price" and the other "Our Part No" you need a file in this format

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name,v_products_extra_fields_id,v_produ

cts_extra_fields_value,EOREOR

12UCM,List Price,1,£79.00,EOREOR

200003657,List Price,1,£415.00,EOREOR

200003489,List Price,1,£415.00,EOREOR

200003658,List Price,1,£465.00,EOREOR

200003491,List Price,1,£465.00,EOREOR

100007227,List Price,1,£299.00,EOREOR

XVZ201E,Our Part No,2,SHAXVZ201E,EOREOR

XL9U,Our Part No,2,MITXL9U,EOREOR

XL9-ORANGE,Our Part No,2,MITXL9ORANGE,EOREOR

XL5980UL,Our Part No,2,MITXL5980UL,EOREOR

XL5980U,Our Part No,2,MITXL5980U,EOREOR

XL5900UL,Our Part No,2,MITXL5900UL,EOREOR

XL5900U,Our Part No,2,MITXL5900U,EOREOR

XL2550U,Our Part No,2,MITXL2550U,EOREOR

XL1550U,Our Part No,2,MITXL1550U,EOREOR

XD510U,Our Part No,2,MITXD510U,EOREOR

XD500U,Our Part No,2,MITXD500U,EOREOR

XD490U,Our Part No,2,MITXD490U,EOREOR

The first field is the model no not the product id.

The second field is the name of the extra field. Ensure the capitalisation is the same.

Then there is the product extra field id followed by the data and finally the end of record marker.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

OK, so now I am completely confused.

Installing a fresh osC, English/GBP only. UKcentric conversion completed OK. Royal Mail contribution installed OK.

Install EP and configure as per the readme etc. Test download all without a hitch. I then opened the csv in Excel and added new products in 3 new nested categories. Once I was happy with the additions I deleted all the downloaded items from the spreadsheet and saved as a csv. I even opened it in an editor to make sure it looked OK.

EP upload and import the file in Add New Only mode. NO ERRORS - YAY! Check in Admin/Catalog/categories/Products and there are my shiny new categories and products with all the correct images- RESULT!

THEN it all went down hill. NOTHING shows up in the actual shop? A bit of digging revealed that the category box did not show the new 'root' category but the 'New Products for xxx' infobox showed all 3 products. If I clicked on any of them the category infobox showed the category until I returned to the shop home page when they disappeared again. FTW???

I did a bit of digging in the SQL database but that looked OK to my uneducated eyes. I am completely baffled by this. Obviously, if I can not overcome this simple test then I will have to go looking for an alternate contribution which I would prefer not to do.

Some info below that may/may not help.

Any thoughts/suggestions anyone?

Paul.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 4.1.18-log

PHP: 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/www/thestoreindevon.com/shop/tmp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

EP CSV file uploaded and a Text version of my easypopulate.php

Categories infobox after EP upload

catbox1.jpg

New Products infobox after EP upload

newprod1.jpg

Categories infobox and test product 3

prod3.jpg

All three categories showed up even if I clicked on a test product from test1 category.

BEFORE EP upload (basic sample cats & prods)

SQL database query of categories

cat-before.jpg

SQL database query of categories_description

cat-desc-before.jpg

AFTER EP upload

SQL database query of categories

cat-after.jpg

SQL database query of categories_description

cat-desc-after.jpg

And now a more manual looking bit of documentation.

There is no option to download product options using EP.

To use EP to add and maintain Extra Fields create a file with the following columns.

'v_products_model'

The model number for the product. You must add this to each line and

all v_products_model must be unique.

'v_products_extra_fields_name'

Case sensitive name of the extra Field. Must be exactly the same as the name of the extra field in the admin area.

'v_products_extra_fields_id'

This is the tricky one, it is the exra fields ID. You will probably need to use phpmyadmin to find out what it is.

'v_products_extra_fields_value'

The value you want for the extra field.

'EOREOR'

This is a REQUIRED FIELD! It gives an explicit end to the row of data. This

must appear on every row of your data.

To add information to 2 extra fields, one called "List Price" and the other "Our Part No" you need a file in this format

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name,v_products_extra_fields_id,v_produ

cts_extra_fields_value,EOREOR

12UCM,List Price,1,£79.00,EOREOR

XVZ201E,Our Part No,2,SHAXVZ201E,EOREOR

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

You data lines appear to be missing these fields v_products_model, v_products_name_1, v_products_description_1, v_products_url_1, v_products_image, v_products_price, v_products_quantity, v_products_weight, v_date_avail, v_date_added.

They sart with the category rather than the model no.

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_url_1,v_p

roducts_image,v_products_price,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_avail

,v_date_added,v_categories_image_1,v_categories_name_1_1,v_categories_image_2,v_c

ategories_name_2_1,v_categories_image_3,v_categories_name_3_1,v_categories_image_

4,v_categories_name_4_1,v_categories_image_5,v_categories_name_5_1,v_categories_i

mage_6,v_categories_name_6_1,v_categories_image_7,v_categories_name_7_1,v_manufac

turers_name,v_tax_class_title,v_status,EOREOR

test1,test1,test1,,test1/B.jpg,1.99,100,0.01,,,test1/A.jpg,test1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

test2,test2,test2,,test1/test2/E.jpg,2.99,100,0.01,,,test1/A.jpg,test1,test1/test2/D.jpg,test2,,,,,,,,,,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

test3,test3,test3,,test1/test2/test3/I.jpg,3.99,100,0.01,,,test1/A.jpg,test1,test1/test2/D.jpg,test2,test1/test2/test3/H.jpg,test3,,,,,,,,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Please ignore my last post.

Engaged fingers before brain.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Good thing I sat down and thought about it.

The format of the file header you used is for the multi lingual g version.

Try changing the header line to this

v_products_model,v_products_name,v_products_description,v_products_url,v_product

s_image,v_products_price,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_dat

e_added,v_categories_image_1,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_image,v_categories_

name_2,v_categories_image_3,v_categories_name_3,v_categories_image_4,v_categories

_name_4,v_categories_image_5,v_categories_name_5,v_categories_image_6,v_categorie

s_name_6,v_categories_image_7,v_categories_name_7,v_manufacturers_name,v_tax_clas

s_title,v_status,EOREOR

Seems to work, but have not looked at the code to see why.

You will see the _1 has been removed from some of the field names, v_categories_name_1_1 becomes v_categories_name_1. The _1 indicated the field was in language 1.

Excellent amount of information, made debugging very easy.

Is it chucking it down where you are as well?

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

And now a more manual looking bit of documentation.

Oooo, excellent, I'll add that to the next manual if you don't mind. :)

He is using the g version, the data he posted should work fine. It worked just find on my test installation. I can't download the complete EP file GwilliamP posted to compare, the download stops half way.

Edited by surfalot

Try changing the header line to this

v_products_model,v_products_name,v_products_description,v_products_url,v_product

s_image,v_products_price,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_da

t

e_added,v_categories_image_1,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_image,v_categories

_

name_2,v_categories_image_3,v_categories_name_3,v_categories_image_4,v_categorie

s

_name_4,v_categories_image_5,v_categories_name_5,v_categories_image_6,v_categori

e

s_name_6,v_categories_image_7,v_categories_name_7,v_manufacturers_name,v_tax_cla

s

s_title,v_status,EOREOR

You will see the _1 has been removed from some of the field names, v_categories_name_1_1 becomes v_categories_name_1. The _1 indicated the field was in language 1.

Is it chucking it down where you are as well?

Geoffrey,

Sorry to say that it was worse than before.

Admin - deleted all test prods and cats before testing new headers.

No errors on upload and reported 3 new products created but admin shows no new prods or cats. SQL queries confirm this.

Befor uploading I did a full EP d/l and the headers came back with _1 so I think they ARE needed even if redundant in a single country config.

Niggling away at me is the fact that the SQL looks in order. The ONLY difference I can see is that I am using pictures in images/test1 etc. I don't see how that can effect the categories infobox as it does not display images. I can even get the infobox to display the test1 cat if I click on one of the products that appear in New Products for... Would it help if I created .txt files for whatever files relate to the categories infobox?

Paul.

(It is STILL raining here so, with the wind set the way it is, you have lots more to look forward to)

He is using the g version, the data he posted should work fine. It worked just find on my test installation. I can't download the complete EP file GwilliamP posted to compare, the download stops half way.

Hi,

G version? I think I know the contribution you mean but I found that AFTER I had made the changes. I just deleted the languages and currencies I did not want. As for the EP file, I just tested it and it opened in Excel in seconds. It only has 4 rows including the headers.

Paul.

Edited by GwilliamP

Hi,

G version? I think I know the contribution you mean but I found that AFTER I had made the changes. I just deleted the languages and currencies I did not want. As for the EP file, I just tested it and it opened in Excel in seconds. It only has 4 rows including the headers.

Paul.

we're talking about easypopulate v2.76g, which you are using. At the moment I don't know what to tell you, I tried the EP file you posted with the data you posted on a similar system config and it worked just fine adding the 3 products and the categories too.

we're talking about easypopulate v2.76g, which you are using. At the moment I don't know what to tell you, I tried the EP file you posted with the data you posted on a similar system config and it worked just fine adding the 3 products and the categories too.

Ah, v2.76g, now I understand.

I had a feeling it might be to do with includes/boxes/categories.php but comparing my loaded one to the original shows only one change, at line 68, to try to get round corners left and right. Strangely enough that is the only one that does not work.

$Id: categories.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true);

I think I can see where it builds the query for the db,

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$languages_id ."' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

but I have no idea how to convert that to the actual SQL query it is sending. If I knew enough PHP I could get it to display it on screen (echo something?). Bl**dy frustrating as I could then copy/paste that into myphpadmin which would at least tell me if the db was returning the newly created categories.

Anyway, it is 03:05 local time and time for some zzz's. Maybe I will dream of a solution and awake to a Eureka moment. Somehow I doubt it though.

Manyana,

Paul.