• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi, I am trying to set up a new store with downloadable products. I have set up both osCommerce and osCMax as "test beds", and loved the idea of using EP to compile the database info. I duly downloaded a file with test items, and was surprised when I opened the file to discover that the attributes products_attributes_filename, products_attributes_maxdays, and products_attributes_maxcount, do not appear in it.

I assumed it was something I was doing wrong (or failing to do) however having spent several days reading threads and doing searches, and reading hundreds of posts ranging from 2003 to date including a lot saying the same as this one, I have failed to find any that have a definitive reply/solution, and it seems to me that maybe EP still doesn't support this.

Could someone please tell me whether this is so, or if I am wrong point me straight to a working version, or a post/contribution/hack/workaround... in short anything that will "do the trick".

Thanks in advance for any help.

EP only updates certain fields, but it has been enhanced to work with some contributions that were developed later, product extra fields being one of them.

Open easypopulate.php and look for the name of your contribution. You could also look in the contributions area and see if an patch for your fields has been done before.

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

shoot, I just can't believe I have to keep hammering on this. Anyone looking for answers needs to read the manual first. At the bottom, there is a section called "how to ask for help". If you can't at least pretend to read it and post the info needed to help, I can't help. just that simple. I would like to help, but can't without details on how you are using it.

just to add, I'm only supporting my latest upload, here, at oscommerce.com.

Edited by surfalot

Hi, I am trying to set up a new store with downloadable products. I have set up both osCommerce and osCMax as "test beds", and loved the idea of using EP to compile the database info. I duly downloaded a file with test items, and was surprised when I opened the file to discover that the attributes products_attributes_filename, products_attributes_maxdays, and products_attributes_maxcount, do not appear in it.

I assumed it was something I was doing wrong (or failing to do) however having spent several days reading threads and doing searches, and reading hundreds of posts ranging from 2003 to date including a lot saying the same as this one, I have failed to find any that have a definitive reply/solution, and it seems to me that maybe EP still doesn't support this.

Could someone please tell me whether this is so, or if I am wrong point me straight to a working version, or a post/contribution/hack/workaround... in short anything that will "do the trick".

must have just missed all those posts explaining that the download attributes are not yet supported in EP.

side note: I just love how someone uploaded my version of EP to the osMax downloads, taking credit, and only adding "for osMax" to the version. At least technically, they did change it before taking credit. :rolleyes:

WooHoo I fnally got all my items in my store!!!! ::::doing the happy dance:::: now new issue popped up none of the images or prices show what did I do wrong ?

can't tell you what you are doing wrong if you can't tell me what you are doing... see post 6882

Figured it out, I had too many Product Attributes. Excel was truncating v_categories_name_1_1 section. Categories are working fine now the only problem I'm having now is the admin section seems to have the products in the right category folder but when i visit my website everything seems to be messed up; wrong products and model numbers under the categories... Please let me know how to fix this.

see post 6874 and 6882

Ahh crap. I accidentally deleted my categories table in phpmyadmin. Can someone tell me how to re-create the table?

I'm such a moron.

Now that I think about it, you could have quite simply derived what you needed from the Abstract written in the readme.txt AND the EasyPopulate_Manual.txt in versions v2.76e or better that says,

What does EP *NOT* do well?

EP does not handle "download" attributes.

Maybe, hopefully, you were using a different version.

dang, doesn't anyone read the manual? I spent a lot of time updating that. <_<

Please, read the manual. Maybe print it, then read it, if that helps.

Ahh crap. I accidentally deleted my categories table in phpmyadmin. Can someone tell me how to re-create the table?

I'm such a moron.

from v2.2 RC2a, run in phpMyAdmin.

CREATE TABLE categories (

categories_id int NOT NULL auto_increment,

categories_image varchar(64),

parent_id int DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

sort_order int(3),

date_added datetime,

last_modified datetime,

PRIMARY KEY (categories_id),

KEY idx_categories_parent_id (parent_id)

);

from v2.2 RC2a, run in phpMyAdmin.

CREATE TABLE categories (

categories_id int NOT NULL auto_increment,

categories_image varchar(64),

parent_id int DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

sort_order int(3),

date_added datetime,

last_modified datetime,

PRIMARY KEY (categories_id),

KEY idx_categories_parent_id (parent_id)

);

Thank you!

Ugh. Okay, I am having the same problem as before: When I upload a lot of products, the rest of the site stops working (except the admin side). I split the file (there are a total of 38 split files) and I checked the front-end after every upload. After I uploaded #7, the site takes a long time to load and then when it's "done" nothing displays except for the oscommerce logo and the breadcrumbs.

How do I figure out what's wrong? Is this an issue with my host? I have no other contributions installed except for STS.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.8

DB: MySQL 5.1.17-beta

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/web/canadiancartridge.com/httpdocs/shop/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: tab

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Here's the site link (excuse the appearance, I disabled the template for now): http://www.canadiancartridge.com/shop/catalog/index.php

item #3 ??

How to ask for help

-------------------

Gather information we need to help you:

1) Set EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to true in the EP settings and then copy the

settings & server info that are displayed on the EP main page into your post.

2) Copy of any error message you are receiving.

3) Post a link to a sample of any upload file you are trying.

Please avoid posting the sample data since the forum may modify it.

4) Place all information in your post.

for anyone having issues with the category image being blanked...

find near line 2573 of easypopulate.php

$query = "UPDATE ".TABLE_CATEGORIES."
								   SET 
									 categories_image='".tep_db_input($v_categories_image[$categorylevel])."', 
									 last_modified = '".date("Y-m-d H:i:s")."'
								   WHERE 
									 categories_id = '".$row['categories_id']."'
								   LIMIT 1";

replace with

$cat_image = '';
						 if (!empty($v_categories_image[$categorylevel])) {
							$cat_image = "categories_image='".tep_db_input($v_categories_image[$categorylevel])."', ";
						 } elseif (isset($filelayout['v_categories_image_' . $categorylevel])) {
							$cat_image = "categories_image='', ";
						 } 
						 $query = "UPDATE ".TABLE_CATEGORIES."
								   SET 
									 $cat_image
									 last_modified = '".date("Y-m-d H:i:s")."'
								   WHERE 
									 categories_id = '".$row['categories_id']."'
								   LIMIT 1";

Edited by surfalot

Thanks, surfalot, for the reply, and also Geoffrey for the earlier one.

For the record, it seemed to me that EP's lack of support for download attributes dated to way back when, and although most relevant comments referenced the lack, every now and then there would be one saying that it should be included in the "next release" or "soon", or might be remedied by some other contribution (yes I have looked at them, and would like to point out that it is sometimes extremely difficult to ascertain exactly what they do, and what they do it with - ie which ones are compatible with which).

I simply thought it would be stupid of me to embark on another course of action without checking the current situation, and much as I understand that you're pretty p***ed off answering the same old question, so would I have been if I'd done a lot of work only to find that it was covered in an upcoming release.

It seemed to me both logical and reasonable to ask those more knowlegeable than myself to confirm what I already believed to be so - yes, I had read all referenced items - and my main failing was some "rose-coloured glasses" optimism that they would no longer hold true, whilst my main transgression is that I obviously should have quoted from them, that way you could simply have posted;

"Still so".

I apologise for not having kept it that simple.

item #3 ??

How to ask for help

-------------------

Gather information we need to help you:

1) Set EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to true in the EP settings and then copy the

settings & server info that are displayed on the EP main page into your post.

2) Copy of any error message you are receiving.

3) Post a link to a sample of any upload file you are trying.

Please avoid posting the sample data since the forum may modify it.

4) Place all information in your post.

Settings are set to true already.

Link to file: http://www.canadiancartridge.com/shop/cata...list-final2.txt

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.8

DB: MySQL 5.1.17-beta

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/web/canadiancartridge.com/httpdocs/shop/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Erica

I'd delete all the products from the site and download just file 7.

In his way you can see if it is a problem with the data.

On the speed side, see point 7 in the documentation, that might help if it is not a data problem. 1_installation.txt

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Don't know if this has any bearing but couldn't see any processing to support a column called v_man_model in 2.76g

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Erica

I'd delete all the products from the site and download just file 7.

In his way you can see if it is a problem with the data.

On the speed side, see point 7 in the documentation, that might help if it is not a data problem. 1_installation.txt

osC RC2a release should already have the model index.

File #7: http://www.canadiancartridge.com/shop/cata...p/EP_Split7.csv

About the "v_man_model". I added that just to keep track of the actual model numbers (they're not all different so I couldn't use it in the actual model column). But I have tried it without that column too.

here are my notes on this segment...

1) some prices have multiple decimals.

2) in the 3rd categories column (v_categories_name_3_1), some names have many more characters then the shop will handle. The default is 32. This can cause each product to be inserted into an individual category rather then placing multiple products in the category. If you really need categories that long, you need to increase the categories_name field in the categories_description table to handle what will be the longest category name. can't tell you if this is causing the problem with the front end of the shop just churning and churning without end, but if you have thousands of categories each with one product, it is possible this is the problem.

It might reconsider the 3rd category column all together. With 11K of products, and by the look of it, even with this fix, you may be creating thousands of categories anyway. It may be more then osCommerce can handle. Maybe not. Try the fix first, then maybe try it without the third category column.

3) line 18 has no model number. might want to double check and make sure you don't loose any products similar to this one.

the extra model number column should be ignored.

fix these issues and let me know if your problem persists.

Edited by surfalot

Is there a way to slow down the loop in EP?

My processor usage spikes while using EP and I need a way to prevent that.

I tried to put sleep(x) "where x is time in seconds" with varying times into the loop but it had no effect at all.

Thanks!

Edited by rs2k

works for me...

foreach ($readed as $tkey => $readed_row) {
   sleep(1);
   process_row($readed_row, $filelayout, $filelayout_count, $default_these, $ep_separator, $languages, $custom_fields);
 }

also try usleep() which is microseconds for a little more fine tuning.

of course this if for uploads, downloads would be different.

Edited by surfalot

here are my notes on this segment...

1) some prices have multiple decimals.

2) in the 3rd categories column (v_categories_name_3_1), some names have many more characters then the shop will handle. The default is 32. This can cause each product to be inserted into an individual category rather then placing multiple products in the category. If you really need categories that long, you need to increase the categories_name field in the categories_description table to handle what will be the longest category name. can't tell you if this is causing the problem with the front end of the shop just churning and churning without end, but if you have thousands of categories each with one product, it is possible this is the problem.

It might reconsider the 3rd category column all together. With 11K of products, and by the look of it, even with this fix, you may be creating thousands of categories anyway. It may be more then osCommerce can handle. Maybe not. Try the fix first, then maybe try it without the third category column.

3) line 18 has no model number. might want to double check and make sure you don't loose any products similar to this one.

the extra model number column should be ignored.

fix these issues and let me know if your problem persists.

1) Fixed this.

2) Had already adjusted the # of characters allowed. Unfortunately, the 3rd category is imperative as two products (ink cartridges) need to show up together - the original and the remanufactured.

3) Thank you. Fixed that.

Removed extra model number column.

So now... I fixed the product list and split them again. I noticed by file #5 when I refreshed the front end to make sure everything was fine that the site was already loading more slowly. I'm now on file #17 out of 38 and each time I refresh, the site still works but it takes up to a minute or more for the site to reload.

Any other suggestions? Can oscommerce handle this many products/categories? Should I be looking for another shopping cart?

Edited by erikajune

...and then the site stops working at file #26.

*sigh* I'm over a week past my deadline on this site. I think I just might have a nervouse breakdown.