• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I'm using Easy Populate v 2.76g-MS2 and product attributes - fantastic contributions!

I have noticed that when I export I get a column headed "EOREOR" and everything in the column says EOREOR

This column is always the last column I export - so even if I just export Product Name I get that followed by a column that says EOREOR - I'm sure I've done something wrong but I'm not sure what - any suggestions?

I've tried exporting each column individually to see if it's a problem with a particular column but all export correctly, but followed by the EOREOR column. I'm guessing this will cause an error when I try to update the DB.

Thanks

I'm using Easy Populate v 2.76g-MS2 and product attributes - fantastic contributions!

I have noticed that when I export I get a column headed "EOREOR" and everything in the column says EOREOR

This column is always the last column I export - so even if I just export Product Name I get that followed by a column that says EOREOR - I'm sure I've done something wrong but I'm not sure what - any suggestions?

I've tried exporting each column individually to see if it's a problem with a particular column but all export correctly, but followed by the EOREOR column. I'm guessing this will cause an error when I try to update the DB.

Thanks

You did nothing wrong.

It just a sign to EP to know where line ends END OF ROW.

It should be that way.

Computers777dotcom

Hello,

Looking thru the past threads, this has not been mentioned but a few times, and none have applied to me. Thanks for any help.

I have loaded EP as instructed. When I click to run I get the error message: Internal Server Error 500.

The Error log shows: Premature end of script headers: /home/asham2/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php

I have 5 test products in my database with the products_model field with data. The only change to my database is I changed the length to this field from 12 to 10, the length of my model #. I changed this after getting this error message earlier with the default of 12.

I inserted the 2 new files under admin and cut/pasted into the catalog.php. I created a temp directory under catalog with 777 permissions.

I have not changed anything other than the model field length.

MYSQL 4.1.22

PHP 4.4.4

OSC 2.2 2a

EP 2.76g ms2

Apache 1.3.37 (unix)

Again, thanks for any direction or help.

Malcolm

Thanks, but that is not my problem. My error is:

Premature end of script headers.

Oh, OK, I missread the post. I saw the Internal Server Error 500

When I click to run I get the error

There is not "run" on the page, please be a little more specific

Edited by surfalot

Oh, OK, I missread the post. I saw the Internal Server Error 500

There is not "run" on the page, please be a little more specific

When you click on Easy Populate under catalog, found on the admin page, in the box on the top left, to either run, execute or display the data or make easy populate perform, I receive these errors.

I hope someone can help me ive just installed the easy populate and i get no error messages when i try to click the download it doesnt do anything the page just reloads and when i import the sample export it doesnt make any changes page just reloads again i need to populate 300 products asap can you please help me ive run out of ideas thanks

chris

Just added this module to an OSC store and everything seems to be working great... EXCEPT when I open the downloaded .csv in Excel and then save it, the quote marks are removed. The file without quote marks doesn't upload properly. I'm on a Mac using the latest version of MS Office and OS X.5 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try searching this thread or try google to narrow it down, the answer I found seemed to answer the problem

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

After indexing my database as called for in the RC2A upgrade Easy populate works very quickly on a 56,000 product store. It went from about 200 product updates per MINUTE to 1000 per SECOND.

I wish I knew about indexing sooner.

After indexing my database as called for in the RC2A upgrade Easy populate works very quickly on a 56,000 product store. It went from about 200 product updates per MINUTE to 1000 per SECOND.

I wish I knew about indexing sooner.

so step 7 of the installation didn't help that?

7. The following is not required to run this contribution. This may help many

with large databases. It was submitted by UGLi 6 May 2006. It is a SQL

command you run in your SQL tool provided by your host, such as phpMyAdmin.

Copy and paste the following line in your SQL command tool:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD INDEX `idx_products_model` ( `products_model` );

so step 7 of the installation didn't help that?

7. The following is not required to run this contribution. This may help many

with large databases. It was submitted by UGLi 6 May 2006. It is a SQL

command you run in your SQL tool provided by your host, such as phpMyAdmin.

Copy and paste the following line in your SQL command tool:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD INDEX `idx_products_model` ( `products_model` );

I just took a look at our small store which was originally a copy of our large store. The products table is indexed. This tells me that step 7 may have helped but it did not create the big difference I recently experienced while following the RC2a index instructions. Maybe there was a problem with our large stores index. I can't imagine what it would be though. I'm 98% sure the large store's products table was indexed before running this:

alter table banners add index idx_banners_group (banners_group); alter table banners_history add index idx_banners_history_banners_id (banners_id); alter table currencies add index idx_currencies_code (code); alter table customers add index idx_customers_email_address (customers_email_address); alter table customers_basket add index idx_customers_basket_customers_id (customers_id); alter table customers_basket_attributes add index idx_customers_basket_att_customers_id (customers_id); alter table orders add index idx_orders_customers_id (customers_id); alter table orders_products add index idx_orders_products_orders_id (orders_id); alter table orders_products add index idx_orders_products_products_id (products_id); alter table orders_status_history add index idx_orders_status_history_orders_id (orders_id); alter table orders_products_attributes add index idx_orders_products_att_orders_id (orders_id); alter table orders_products_download add index idx_orders_products_download_orders_id (orders_id); alter table products add index idx_products_model (products_model); alter table products_attributes add index idx_products_attributes_products_id (products_id); alter table reviews add index idx_reviews_products_id (products_id); alter table reviews add index idx_reviews_customers_id (customers_id); alter table specials add index idx_specials_products_id (products_id); alter table zones add index idx_zones_to_geo_zones_country_id (zone_country_id);

After running that query EP sped up considerably.

The products table has had an index, but specifically, the products_model index is the one to pay attention to. Of the updates in RC2, only 2 would affect tables EP works with. One is mentioned in the install, the other may have some affect also for those with many attributes.

alter table products add index idx_products_model (products_model);

alter table products_attributes add index idx_products_attributes_products_id (products_id);

Thank you for bringing this up, I'm sure that will help some folks. There are more indices that could help depending on how you use EP.

Just added this module to an OSC store and everything seems to be working great... EXCEPT when I open the downloaded .csv in Excel and then save it, the quote marks are removed. The file without quote marks doesn't upload properly. I'm on a Mac using the latest version of MS Office and OS X.5 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure you Save As... DOS-CSV

Hi everyone, big thanks to all who have made osCommerce and the easy populate contrib what it is today.

I've been trawling the forums for 15 days so far trying to find the answers to my problems, hoping someone with the right knowledge will help. tThese are my current settings

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)

DB: MySQL 5.1.22-rc-community-log

PHP: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/var/virtual/web/w0984/html/eco//temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Now for my problem, when uploading the csv file (tab delimited, no text seperation used) all appears to be working and no error messages displayed. But when I check the onLine catalog all products have the same attributes.

I mean the attributes for one products, is asigned to all products.

If anyone has had this problem or knows the cause of this problem, I would be incredably great for some advice.

Previously thought that the problem may have been caused by a conflict with other contribs I was using and have since re-installed osCommercce and easy pop. But still have the same problems.

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who can offer advice.

Regards to all

Tony

Hi everyone, big thanks to all who have made osCommerce and the easy populate contrib what it is today.

I've been trawling the forums for 15 days so far trying to find the answers to my problems, hoping someone with the right knowledge will help. tThese are my current settings

Now for my problem, when uploading the csv file (tab delimited, no text seperation used) all appears to be working and no error messages displayed. But when I check the onLine catalog all products have the same attributes.

I mean the attributes for one products, is asigned to all products.

If anyone has had this problem or knows the cause of this problem, I would be incredably great for some advice.

Previously thought that the problem may have been caused by a conflict with other contribs I was using and have since re-installed osCommercce and easy pop. But still have the same problems.

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who can offer advice.

Regards to all

Tony

tab delineated is not a CSV file. With Excel safe output: true, EP will be expecting a CSV (comma separated values). Try downloading a sample before uploading your data.

Edited by surfalot

tab delineated is not a CSV file. With Excel safe output: true, EP will be expecting a CSV (comma separated values). Try downloading a sample before uploading your data.

Thanks for the response "surfalot" , I meant tab delimited (not tab delineated) I have entered manually 12 products with attributes so I could see the the table structure, download it via easypop, then saved and edit in Open Office Calc as as an office document.

Before uploading the file I save it as a.CSV file with <tab> as the field separator and without any text separator. While uploading I can see that easy pop recognizes the correct attributes with each product. But when I check the online catalog all products have the same attributes.

Since my first post I have corrected Excel safe output to false and my settings now show <tab> as the field separator, thanks for putting me right on that one.

I've notice that you've been helping people for a long time and hope that you can share your wisdom and offer somewhere for me to check out. Any direction will be appreciated.

Many thanks for your time

I am using EP 2.76g-MS2. Everything appears to be working fine. The only problem I have is fomatting my model number. I have a bookstore and I use this field for my ISBN which is 10 characters long. Many of the numbers have leading zeros which Excel leaves out.

I have tried using the custom format with a '0000000000' mask for the model field, but this does not save and I still get the truncated number. My ISBN's that end in X are of course working fine. I have also tried the pipe " | ", but that doesn't work either.

I am working in Excel and saving as a CSV.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by hadicall

In excel save the field with a leading single quote ' or format the column as text and save it as a xxx.csv file.

If you open it in a text editor the leading zeroes will be there, but open the csv in excel and they wont. Spooky

If you then save it from excel the fields will be stored without the leading zeroes.

e.g.

'0000342536

The solution may be, don't open the file in excel and find another way to edit it.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I don't have problems with leading zero in Excel:

I have a UPC field which is look like 8.28068E+11 for example if I open downloaded file from my supplier.

After I assign column format it looks AND SAVE all leading zeros just fine in any format csv or txt.

I do it in code:

Selection.NumberFormat = "0000000000000" (I have 13 characters length UPC field).

but you can do it manualy selecting Custom (not text) and entering number of zeros you need.

Computers777dotcom