• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi!

Someone know how to use products_extra_field with this contrib?

i have made all the changes but i cant get it to work, when i export the column for extra product field dont get along.

hope someone have a qlue how to manage this

Regards Tony

It doesn't work the way you would want or expect. See my post above.

If you have been getting a blank screen trying to upload a file to Easy Populate 2.79b running with PHP5 and MYSQL5, go to the contrib and you will find an upload I've put there.

1. I removed from the sql inserts the auto_increment fields as mentioned in another post

2. I changed the array_walk commands to for each as mentioned in another post (and for the other array_walk calls in the same file)

3. The references to the uploaded file were empty. I've added equates using $_FILES to set the original variables (that were empty) to the fields in the $_FILES superglobal.

Works well for me now.

Something not related to previous post:

I noticed couple day ago that if I upload file to DB using EP, somehow my subcategory and category picture for uploaded product got erased (well, not pictures but link to them in the DB), so I need to manually edit category/subcategory again.

Can understand how it's happening. I'm not sure, but I guess it started behave like this after I added upc field. Very strange. Picture product always been updated fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Well I have same problem which I posted here few days before, When using EP new version to upload products in already exists category some how Categories and sub category images deleted even category image column is not included in upload, Then I had to add these images again or as surfalot advised had to use Category image column to add image link.

Still looking in forum every day to check for any solution for this.

Hope fully some day soon.

Regards

Well I have same problem which I posted here few days before, When using EP new version to upload products in already exists category some how Categories and sub category images deleted even category image column is not included in upload, Then I had to add these images again or as surfalot advised had to use Category image column to add image link.

Still looking in forum every day to check for any solution for this.

Hope fully some day soon.

Regards

Did you change any EP code adding some extra fields or anything?

I addded only field products_upc, but I'm not shure if it is a reason for removing images. This is REALY strange.

Probably surfalot knows the answer, cause hi is a GURU.

Computers777dotcom

Hi!

I tryed to copy the code for manufacturer and change it to manufacturer2 and it works to export but when i use that file to import this happens:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '21)' at line 32

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_mediumimage, products_largeimage, products_fileupload, products_pdfupload, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id, manufacturers2_id ) VALUES ( '300201.png', '1', '2000', '1', '2008-06-23 17:10:23', '2008-05-28 10:38:00', '1970-01-01 01:00:00', '1', '0.00', '10', 2) 21)

[TEP STOP]

Hope someone now what i have done wrong!!

Hi!

is there a way to implement one more field in the EP so i can upload a new field and update or remove trough EP?

Regards Tony

Yes. Read instructions that come with files as contributor suggested. It says precisely how to do it.

Computers777dotcom

I and zeeshop (probably somebody else) have realy annoing problem:

whenever EP uploads file to database it somehow erased images links for categories and subcategories for products updated. This is really strange, cause I thought it will use Insert SQL command only for products table. Don't know where to look the answer.

My info just in case:

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7d SE/0.5.2

DB: MySQL 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log

PHP: 4.4.0 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/www/MYDOMAIN.com/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 15

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field separator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Thank you for any help.

P.S. I added UPC field into the products table, but its upload/download works fine.

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

Hi!

I have read the instructions but i dont find anywere how to add more fields.

1. Open file EasyPopulate_Manual.txt (you will find it in Docs folder after you unpack the contribution)

2. Put in the search "Lets say you have added a field to your "products" table called"

3. Read

Computers777dotcom

1. Open file EasyPopulate_Manual.txt (you will find it in Docs folder after you unpack the contribution)

2. Put in the search "Lets say you have added a field to your "products" table called"

3. Read

In my file that text is not within it

Found it i had wrong version.

I found it on the v2_76g i had v2_7c installed

Edited by El_Heso

Now i got this error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_mediumimage, products_largeimage, products_fileupload, products_pdfupload, manufacturers2_id, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( '300201.png', '21', '1', '2000', '1', '2008-06-23 20:32:39', '2008-05-28 10:38:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1', '0.00', '10', 2)

Someone have a qlue??

Now i got this error:

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_mediumimage, products_largeimage, products_fileupload, products_pdfupload, manufacturers2_id, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( '300201.png', '21', '1', '2000', '1', '2008-06-23 20:32:39', '2008-05-28 10:38:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1', '0.00', '10', 2)

Someone have a qlue??

You should not only change easypopulate.php, but also add the new field into the database.

P.S. Quantity of inserted values (12) not mach quantity of fields (17).

Probably you added fields into the database, but SQL Insert is incorrect. It didn't pick new values from your file.

Look carefully and you not gonna see any images links that supposed to be there, except of first one which was there before.

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

Hello,

I have version 2.76e installed. When I try to download a text file to edit I get this error: Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/discxpre/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 600

Here is the line of code the error is referring to: $row2 = array_merge($row2, tep_db_fetch_array($result2));

It also happens when I try to download to temp directory. I've read that it could be the array_merge function is incompatible with PHP5.

If anyone can help with this code, please do. Any help is appreciated. Or should I download the latest best version?

Something not related to previous post:

I noticed couple day ago that if I upload file to DB using EP, somehow my subcategory and category picture for uploaded product got erased (well, not pictures but link to them in the DB), so I need to manually edit category/subcategory again.

Can understand how it's happening. I'm not sure, but I guess it started behave like this after I added upc field. Very strange. Picture product always been updated fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

for now, you have to supply the category images in the upload.

Now i got this error:

Someone have a qlue??

The issue is related to your modifications of the EP file. You have changed a SQL insert statement, but only changed the first half. As you can see in the INSERT you posted, a structure like this "() VALUES ()". The fields you specify in the first half, must match the data you specify in the second half. Currently, as the error states, you have a mismatch in the number of fields vs. the number of data pieces. hope that helps.

Hello,

I have version 2.76e installed. When I try to download a text file to edit I get this error: Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/discxpre/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 600

Here is the line of code the error is referring to: $row2 = array_merge($row2, tep_db_fetch_array($result2));

It also happens when I try to download to temp directory. I've read that it could be the array_merge function is incompatible with PHP5.

If anyone can help with this code, please do. Any help is appreciated. Or should I download the latest best version?

the most fixed version is 2.76g

for now, you have to supply the category images in the upload.

Hmm... That's good to know. :)

I'm just wondering how it worked fine before. The only change I did is added upc field.

I try to add couple fields to Froogle file output like manufacturer name and upc, but it still same like before. I don't know php enough (better say don't know at all) and it is not easy to get all logic, despite a lot of comments in the code.

I know you gonna say that some Google Base feeders are there, but I like EP and this contribution already does that.

And one more thing: I tried to use other Froogle feeders but all of them give me error like "47... Nah, it will not work".

I don't know what it should mean.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I feel next version of EP is almost out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Computers777dotcom

It is not only the attribute prices but also the normal price where he puts the dot on the wrong place.

v_products_model v_products_name_4 v_products_name_2 v_products_price EOREOR

10341-1003 Wol-Acryl-1003 Wolle-Acryl-1003 0.8824 EOREOR

40323-1004 Wol-Acryl-1004 Wolle-Acryl-1004 5.042 EOREOR

30351-1005 Wol-Acryl-1005 Wolle-Acryl-1005 24.202 EOREOR

30311-1006 Wol-Acryl-1006 Wolle-Acryl-1006 10.084 EOREOR

30351-1009 Wol-Acryl-1009 Woll-Acryl-1009 31.513 EOREOR

30531-1011 Wol-Acryl-1011 Woll-Acryl-1011 37.815 EOREOR

40321-1012 Wol-Acryl-1012 Wolle-Acryl-1012 5.042 EOREOR

30642-1013 Wol-Acryl-1013 Wolle-Acryl-1013 40.336 EOREOR

this are my settings

Settings & Info

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

DB: MySQL 5.0.51a

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

E:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/catalog_brei/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 12

Calc Precision: 4

Field seperator: tab

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Any ideas?

I cannot repeat this problem, also, I don't know how you can get that output with the settings you are showing. you may have caused the problem making modifications.

The issue is related to your modifications of the EP file. You have changed a SQL insert statement, but only changed the first half. As you can see in the INSERT you posted, a structure like this "() VALUES ()". The fields you specify in the first half, must match the data you specify in the second half. Currently, as the error states, you have a mismatch in the number of fields vs. the number of data pieces. hope that helps.

Thank you!

I fixed it now i had forgotten to change a line.

I cannot repeat this problem, also, I don't know how you can get that output with the settings you are showing. you may have caused the problem making modifications.

Surfalot

Thanks till so far, I will try to install it on a fresh OsC, but there are not that much files to make a fault in it.

Maybe a few other contri's gives the probleme but I merged everything.

It is uploading oke if I put the dot on the right place.

Hi Everyone,

I urgently need someone to please advise me on what i am doing wrong when importing my 12 000 + products ?

Below are the settings that i have loaded in EP :

Settings & Info

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

DB: MySQL 5.0.27

PHP: 5.2.3 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/var/www/vhosts/shopping247.co.za/httpdocs/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 1000 records

Model Num Size: 16

Field seperator: comma

The problem is that when i import the split files it is shown as seperate categories i.e.

CHISELS / FILES / ALLENKEYS / HA (1)

How can it be fixed to show:

CHISELS / FILES / ALLENKEYS / HA (8)

Please help i have read the instructions and i am not sure what i am missing ?

Thanks,

Jerome

there seems to be a bug with this. We are a jersey customization business and we are using another module that allows us to add text fields/radio buttons/checkboxes as attributes.

When we add a new SKU to the master inventory CSV list and add all the correct attributes they do not populate on our website.

Here is an example of a SKU we setup manually:

screenshotbe0.th.jpg

When we try to create a new SKU via the inventory CSV file, only 1 of the 3 attributes populate (see screenshot below):

screenshot2ru5.th.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what i might be doing wrong??

Here is a copy of our inventory sheet:

http://www.jerseyfactory.com/shop/product_..._masterlist.csv

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I urgently need someone to please advise me on what i am doing wrong when importing my 12 000 + products ?

Below are the settings that i have loaded in EP :

Settings & Info

The problem is that when i import the split files it is shown as seperate categories i.e.

How can it be fixed to show:

CHISELS / FILES / ALLENKEYS / HA (8)

Please help i have read the instructions and i am not sure what i am missing ?

Thanks,

Jerome

What is a "HA" ?? HARDWARE maybe? should be your clue. The following will be added to a future manual...

My products are going in duplicate categories instead of the one I specify, what now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The default osCommerce shop has a 32 character limit to the category name. So when EP

is importing the products, the cateogry name is truncated. The next products import

can't find the existing category because the name in the database is not complete. So

EP will create another, and another.

If you categories look like this:

v_categories_name_1_1 = Small Category Name

v_categories_name_2_1 = Longer Then 32 Char Category Name

They will insert like this

Small Category Name ->

Longer Then 32 Char Category Nam -> Product 1

Longer Then 32 Char Category Nam -> Product 2

Longer Then 32 Char Category Nam -> Product 3

Longer Then 32 Char Category Nam -> Product 4

Longer Then 32 Char Category Nam -> Product 5

But should look like this

Small Category Name ->

Longer Then 32 Char Category Name -> Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

Product 4

Product 5

You need to increase the number of characters the category name

will allow in the database. Open your database in a SQL management

tool such as phpMyAdmin. Go to the categories_description table and

look for the categories_name field. Edit the field and increase the

size to 64 or more if needed.

Hi, I'm trying to get EasyPopulate to work,

And I've done the install, read the configure stuff, and I have no errors when I try to upload my file. It tells me the following:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpyXQl5v

User filename: EP2008newBS2.csv

Size: 10029

But then the new products aren't in my store...I'm on a Mac, not all of the products in my store have Model numbers, but the file I'm trying to upload does have unique model numbers for everything. I just can't believe I have to go add product model numbers to everything....so I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

here's my configure settings:

Settings & Info

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)

DB: MySQL 5.0.27-standard

PHP: 4.4.6 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/var/www/html/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 12

Field seperator: splat

Enable attributes: false

Thanks in Advance! I'm very excited for this to work!