• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Now, I decided to add products_upc field into table products.

I added field and made changes in easypopulate.php file in admin folder as it was directed in instruction:

uncommented line $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );

I tried to download file with all fields but file didn't give me additional field anyway. It looks like I should change something else, but I can't see where.

the column and column header was not in the export?

the column and column header was not in the export?

What I did is I added column into the database and created test file based on only two columns: products_model and products_ups. Then created a correct header v_products_upc.

When I uploaded that file I didn't get any error messages and it even showed me correct "updated!" word.

When I checked DB, no UPC field were updated.

Also when I downloaded the file from DB there was no upc column.

Thanks for help.

Mike

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

What I did is I added column into the database and created test file based on only two columns: products_model and products_ups. Then created a correct header v_products_upc.

When I uploaded that file I didn't get any error messages and it even showed me correct "updated!" word.

When I checked DB, no UPC field were updated.

Also when I downloaded the file from DB there was no upc column.

Thanks for help.

Mike

might be a really silly question, but, by chance, you said in the original post that you:

uncommented line $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );

did you also comment the line below it, that says:

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array();

because if that is still active code, it will reset the var back to the default setting and it will act as you have not setup the feature at all. It wasn't meant to be uncommented, it is part of the instruction. The setting should be made in place of the original line #300:

The contri EasyPop runs fine, but I got 1 small problem with it

Problem with attribute price. When I run my csv the attribute price is 438.600 it must be 43.8600.

In my database is standing 43.8600.

Why does it place the . on a other place.

Hi All

I have a slight problem where as all my descriptions from built easy populate files I am hetting HTML tags in the descriptions, is there a script or any other method to get easy populate to convert or leave out the HTML Tags.

Example below:

This pack contains the following items:2 x Brother LC900BK Original Black Cartridges This cartridge is also known as: LC900, LC900U3

<P>Tux Clip Thong.</P> <P>This product comes in 3 pieces per pack.</P>

Official Crested MANCHESTER UNITED F.C Embroidered Cap   

Thanks in advance

Liam

might be a really silly question, but, by chance, you said in the original post that you:

did you also comment the line below it, that says:

because if that is still active code, it will reset the var back to the default setting and it will act as you have not setup the feature at all. It wasn't meant to be uncommented, it is part of the instruction. The setting should be made in place of the original line #300:

No, of course I didn't! What is was obvious to you it was not for me, so I blindly followed to instructions and just uncommented the line, this is it. Now, after you told me, I see myself that variable was assigned again to empty array.

Thanks, I'm sure it will work now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Computers777dotcom

Hi Guys!

Someone know how to change EP to not to take the model number as id? i rather want it to take out the product id number or a new filed as id.

Regards Tony

I believe the versions of EP that support the Master Products contribution does that. Support for those versions may be hard to find.

The contri EasyPop runs fine, but I got 1 small problem with it

Problem with attribute price. When I run my csv the attribute price is 438.600 it must be 43.8600.

In my database is standing 43.8600.

Why does it place the . on a other place.

I'm not a 100% on this description, but let me guess a little.

You are using EP v2.76g, your php version is somewhere between 4 & 6, your MySQL version is somewhere between 4 & 6, you have read the entire manual :rolleyes: (including the Support "how to ask for help" when you reached the end) and configured it correctly as far as you know, and when you export the products the price is 438.600, but it should be 43.8600.

is that close?

I believe the versions of EP that support the Master Products contribution does that. Support for those versions may be hard to find.

I want to install EP but this model number business is worrisome. From the install instructions:

"EasyPopulate requires the use of the product_model field (model number). . . IT WON'T WORK without the model number. . . The

model numbers you assign must be unique ... "

Why does EP use the product_model instead of product_id? There is no reason to believe product_model will exist and be unique, whereas product_id fulfills both those conditions automatically. I have thousands of products from different manufacturers. Even if product models exist and are unique (highly unlikely given the number of products), nothing but dumb luck ensures they will stay that way. Am I misunderstanding how this contribution works?

I want to install EP but this model number business is worrisome. From the install instructions:

"EasyPopulate requires the use of the product_model field (model number). . . IT WON'T WORK without the model number. . . The

model numbers you assign must be unique ... "

Why does EP use the product_model instead of product_id? There is no reason to believe product_model will exist and be unique, whereas product_id fulfills both those conditions automatically. I have thousands of products from different manufacturers. Even if product models exist and are unique (highly unlikely given the number of products), nothing but dumb luck ensures they will stay that way. Am I misunderstanding how this contribution works?

you got it. There several reason why. If that poses a problem with many manufacturers, you may simply preceed your model numbers with a manufacturer code to make them unique.

Hi! First of all...I really don't know what I am doing yet, so I appreciate all patience! I am a past Mainframe Programmer, turned Ebayer, now working from home, trying to learn web to move my products to my own site....

Could you be so kind to let me know if this solution will do the following?

I need to be able to specify under the product specifics the size, then the length of an item, and have an inventory where I can enter the size and lengths of each product I have in stock.

Thank you for sharing!

Hi! I'm not sure if you got my other message or not, so I just wanted to ask if you could help me understand how this works.

Would this solution enable me to specify the size, then the length of a product? This is currently all I am needing.

Can you just send me in the right direction to get this installed on my new shopping cart?

I would appreciate any guidance.

I am mainly wondering, if I use your code, do I need any thing else *such as the EasyPopulate contribution I keep reading about?

Thank you for your time and for being a giving person!

I'm not a 100% on this description, but let me guess a little.

You are using EP v2.76g, your php version is somewhere between 4 & 6, your MySQL version is somewhere between 4 & 6, you have read the entire manual :rolleyes: (including the Support "how to ask for help" when you reached the end) and configured it correctly as far as you know, and when you export the products the price is 438.600, but it should be 43.8600.

is that close?

That's correct,

The first attribute is oke, but here you see:

v_attribute_values_price_1_11 v_attribute_values_id_1_12 v_attribute_values_name_1_12_4 v_attribute_values_price_1_12 v_attribute_values_id_1_13 v_attribute_values_name_1_13_4 v_attribute_values_price_1_13

36.100 36 2,5 ltr kleur 458.300 37 2,5 ltr wit 368.500

EP

Thanks

Is there a easy way to add an option to export to ebay Turbo lister CSV File?

I had ago myself, but got lost half way through....

As the turbolister CSV has custom headers like Froogle. I tried to copy all references of froogle and duplicate them all, renaming things Turbolister as i went.... managed to get it to export the file but didnt know quite how to modify the header output & order columns.

I know that categories will be no good but everything else should expert correctly yea?

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

regards

mick.

I just posted this in the general help but should have posted it here?

I've been searching the forums for hours and still don't know how to resolve this problem.. I installed Easy Populate last night, carefully following the instructions. When I click on Easy populate in the Catalog menu I get an Internal Server Error. I don't get far enough to get results from EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to paste here, and the server error log is very vague. It says -

[[Thu Jun 19 13:08:21 2008] [error] [client x.x.x] File does not exist: .../public_html/500.shtml, referer: .../catalog/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

[Thu Jun 19 13:08:21 2008] [error] [client x.x.x] SoftException in Application.cpp:231: File ".../public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php" is writeable by group, referer: .../catalog/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

(I took out IP and Main urls)

I have an osCommerce Cafe template installed... but so far everything has been working well. I am on osCommerce v2.2RC2, Apache version 2.2.6 (Unix) and

PHP version 5.2.4 (Zend: 2.2.0), MySQL 5.0.51a-community

Is there a way I can get more verbose error logging at least?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

I just posted this in the general help but should have posted it here?

I've been searching the forums for hours and still don't know how to resolve this problem.. I installed Easy Populate last night, carefully following the instructions. When I click on Easy populate in the Catalog menu I get an Internal Server Error. I don't get far enough to get results from EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS to paste here, and the server error log is very vague. It says -

[[Thu Jun 19 13:08:21 2008] [error] [client x.x.x] File does not exist: .../public_html/500.shtml, referer: .../catalog/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

[Thu Jun 19 13:08:21 2008] [error] [client x.x.x] SoftException in Application.cpp:231: File ".../public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php" is writeable by group, referer: .../catalog/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

(I took out IP and Main urls)

I have an osCommerce Cafe template installed... but so far everything has been working well. I am on osCommerce v2.2RC2, Apache version 2.2.6 (Unix) and

PHP version 5.2.4 (Zend: 2.2.0), MySQL 5.0.51a-community

Is there a way I can get more verbose error logging at least?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

The error sounds to me like you have the wrong permissions on the easypopulate PHP file. Take a look at the files with an FTP software that shows permissions, such as FileZilla (sourceforge.net). Make sure it has the same permissions that all the other working files have.

Outstanding Post Leslie! I can tell you read the manual. :D

The error sounds to me like you have the wrong permissions on the easypopulate PHP file. Take a look at the files with an FTP software that shows permissions, such as FileZilla (sourceforge.net). Make sure it has the same permissions that all the other working files have.

Outstanding Post Leslie! I can tell you read the manual. :D

That worked! The permissions were 666, so I changed them to 644 and Easy Populate comes right up now. I was able to change the permissions through cpanel File Manager. Thanks so much surfalot for your quick and accurate reply! ...and for the work you do to keep Easy Populate working for all of us!

One step closer to going live with my store!

It is not only the attribute prices but also the normal price where he puts the dot on the wrong place.

v_products_model v_products_name_4 v_products_name_2 v_products_price EOREOR

10341-1003 Wol-Acryl-1003 Wolle-Acryl-1003 0.8824 EOREOR

40323-1004 Wol-Acryl-1004 Wolle-Acryl-1004 5.042 EOREOR

30351-1005 Wol-Acryl-1005 Wolle-Acryl-1005 24.202 EOREOR

30311-1006 Wol-Acryl-1006 Wolle-Acryl-1006 10.084 EOREOR

30351-1009 Wol-Acryl-1009 Woll-Acryl-1009 31.513 EOREOR

30531-1011 Wol-Acryl-1011 Woll-Acryl-1011 37.815 EOREOR

40321-1012 Wol-Acryl-1012 Wolle-Acryl-1012 5.042 EOREOR

30642-1013 Wol-Acryl-1013 Wolle-Acryl-1013 40.336 EOREOR

this are my settings

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

DB: MySQL 5.0.51a

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

E:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/catalog_brei/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 4

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: tab

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I use EP a lot and have just some thoughts in my mind so probably it will be interesting to surfalot or other contributor.

I still use EP to create file for Google Base. Unfortunately I need to download file to my computer, make some changes using Excel and then upload back to directory where Google can cach it. The thing is that I do only some minor changes using Exel:

1. Fix link column, because now it shows

http://www.domain.com/http://www.domain.co...?products_id=58

instead of

http://www.domain.com/product_info.php?products_id=58

Probably nothing is wrong with EP, I just made an error somewhere, which cause of this.

2. Add some columns I want to have in file, like "condition" for example, which easy to add, cause it's the same to all items.

3. Change column product_type: it shows "PC Games > Strategy", so I wrote small code to change it to "Strategy" (probably it is not the best example or solution in that case).

4. Save as tab delimited text file

5. Upload back to temp folder using FTP

6. Manually notify Google.

Now, EP Froogle file just missing some columns. It missing "upc" column, it missing "brand" column (which can use manufacturer field also. From other side, EP "non-froogle" file has missing columns, but missing "link" column for product. My point is that EP current Froogle file is "almost there". I don't have any skills in php coding, but probably somebody or surfalot can make it happened. I'm not talking about auto updating using Google FTP (this is a "luxary"), but saving with just some more missing columns would be a big help.

What do you think guys?

P.S. I tried to use some Google feeder contributions but always got a message on a screen like: "47... Nah, it will not work".

I don't know what this message is about, I guess that some functions cannot work because of limitation of my host server, but I am probaly mistaken.

Computers777dotcom

Something not related to previous post:

I noticed couple day ago that if I upload file to DB using EP, somehow my subcategory and category picture for uploaded product got erased (well, not pictures but link to them in the DB), so I need to manually edit category/subcategory again.

Can understand how it's happening. I'm not sure, but I guess it started behave like this after I added upc field. Very strange. Picture product always been updated fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

you got it. There several reason why. If that poses a problem with many manufacturers, you may simply preceed your model numbers with a manufacturer code to make them unique.

Not ideal, but good enough, so ...

I went ahead and installed EP. Simple compared to some other contributions.

I was, however, very disappointed to find that the product extra fields stuff isn't really useful since it exports the extra field data separately from the product data, and makes multiple rows for each product (one row for each extra field).

The documentation mentions contributions for adding fields to the products table (instead of using PEF which has its own tables), but other than some gruesome instructions on how to do this manually, I couldn't find anything. Is there a straight-forward way to add fields? This seems like such a basic feature. Without it, osC is useless to me--I can't go hacking up a bunch of code everytime I want to add a new field.

--------

A minor note: The manual mentions getting the max upload size and max execution time from the host. That info can also be obtained by uploading to the server a PHP file containing:

<?php phpinfo(); ?> 

Then browse to the page and search for upload_max_filesize and max_execution_time.

Hi!

Someone know how to use products_extra_field with this contrib?

i have made all the changes but i cant get it to work, when i export the column for extra product field dont get along.

hope someone have a qlue how to manage this

Regards Tony

Edited by El_Heso