• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I am using EP for more than year now, Recently I Updated with surflot new EP update.

All ok, just few things I need some help.

When I update products and set in Categories for some reason Images are not showing in Website Categories (i.e Images link to categories. Do i have to add IMAGE column for categories in all cateories as Before I was updating categories and not had any effect on category images.

Second if I have to delete Product from Date base I think with this new version I can write "delete" in Status and it will delete product but I tried this and product is not deleting ven it shows in ep that product delete updated.

Hope someone guide me to right thread or advise.

Regards

Thanks

if you don't need the category image column you should be able to omit the column and it will not update the image. If you include the column, you must fill it with a valid image path. I hope that is what you were asking.

you must enter "Delete" in the status. It must match the setting at the top of the EP PHP file. Case sensitive.

When I upload my file back to Easy Populate I get this message at the top of the window:

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

Filename: EP2008Jun03-12124.csv

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/melsfire/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1185

I hope this is the information you need, Thanks

you missed item #3. there's a real good reason why I wrote that section. ;)

if you don't need the category image column you should be able to omit the column and it will not update the image. If you include the column, you must fill it with a valid image path. I hope that is what you were asking.

you must enter "Delete" in the status. It must match the setting at the top of the EP PHP file. Case sensitive.

Thanks surfalot,

Delete Matter understood and I had success.

regarding category image delete problem, I updated all images manually in category and then created one product sample file to upload in specific category, Product uploaded/ Updated without problem but Category image was deleted even Category Image column was not in File.

Attaching sample FIle code.

v_products_model,v_categories_name_1_1,v_categories_name_2_1,v_cat
egories_name_3_1,v_products_quantity,v_status,EOREOR
LEDBADGER,Gadgets,Gadgets & Gizmos,Novelty & Fun,12,Active,EOREOR

please advise what should I do to avoid this problem, is there any edit in EP.php file needed, I found one setting wondering if some thing need change here.

//**** Image Defaulting ****
// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif
//define ('EP_DEFAULT_IMAGE_MANUFACTURER', 'no_image_manufacturer.gif'); 
//define ('EP_DEFAULT_IMAGE_PRODUCT', 'no_image_product.gif'); 
//define ('EP_DEFAULT_IMAGE_CATEGORY', 'no_image_category.gif'); 

// or let them get set to nothing
define ('EP_DEFAULT_IMAGE_MANUFACTURER', ''); 
define ('EP_DEFAULT_IMAGE_PRODUCT', ''); 
define ('EP_DEFAULT_IMAGE_CATEGORY', ''); 

Appretiate helps.

Regards

hi All,

Reference to my previous post, I made several attempts to fix this category image problem. Dont understand any reason for this problem, I am only using v_categories_name_1_1 or v_categories_name_2_1 to enter bulk products in specific category but for some reason it is removing this specific category image, I read carefully related manual and as I was already using EP for some time, this is new problem I came across, I am happy to send any file if surfalot or any one else can help me in this regards.

Thanks

I'm sorry, what do you mean item #3?

to quote what I posted to you earlier...

welcome to the forums Jason. When posting a problem, you need to provide much more information for someone to help you. Info like the version of EP you are using, the PHP version, the EP settings you are using, and a sample of the file you are importing. The versions of EP I have uploaded have a section in the Docs called Support. It has instructions about how to ask for help. Also, be sure to read through the forum rules (link at top of page). It also has tips on how to organize a post that will generate a response.

Please, the install instructions begs everyone to read the entire docs before asking for help, at the bottom of the docs is detail instruction on how to ask for help. Please do the reading, you might just find the answer to your problem in the docs. If not, when you are finished, you will find the Support section.

Edited by surfalot

Hi,

I have been using easy populate but hve been having trouble uploading images.

I am unsure what path to quote in the catagory and product images fields.

Could someone please advise me?

I believe all image references should be relative to the /catalog/images/ directory. So for a category image, if you place the image in /catalog/images/, then the category image column should have only the name of the image such as: category_image_01.jpg. If you have put images in a subfolder of the /catalog/images/ folder, such as /catalog/images/products/, then the product image column in EP would look like this: products/product_image_01.jpg.

hi All,

Reference to my previous post, I made several attempts to fix this category image problem. Dont understand any reason for this problem, I am only using v_categories_name_1_1 or v_categories_name_2_1 to enter bulk products in specific category but for some reason it is removing this specific category image, I read carefully related manual and as I was already using EP for some time, this is new problem I came across, I am happy to send any file if surfalot or any one else can help me in this regards.

Thanks

if you don't have time to wait for someone to find time to look at the code, I would recommend filling that column with the correct image.

if you don't have time to wait for someone to find time to look at the code, I would recommend filling that column with the correct image.

Thanks surfalot, I was already using this option as you just advised, filling correct image for each category, but on daily basis when I am adding new products in specific category and with so many categories it is very hard to enter each image link.

There must be something in my end as I cant find any post related to my problem in this forum.

Not bothering or pushing any one, but I hope I will find solution of my problem in this forum.

Thanks

I believe all image references should be relative to the /catalog/images/ directory. So for a category image, if you place the image in /catalog/images/, then the category image column should have only the name of the image such as: category_image_01.jpg. If you have put images in a subfolder of the /catalog/images/ folder, such as /catalog/images/products/, then the product image column in EP would look like this: products/product_image_01.jpg.

thanks very us for your help.

Seems like a bit of a dumb question now, but i like simple solutions.

cheers

Thanks for a great contribution.

In a row (well, not too many) of contributions I have this one is one of the greatest. Now I easily upload file from my supplier to database in seconds (I just wrote small program in Excel to check columns, convert and do other stuff so it can be uploaded after couple clicks). EP gives me ability to create file for Froogle (now it's Google Base) and leave it in temp folder, so Google can retreive it right from there. But I think I just missing something: it does creates file for Froogle, but always with cvs extension. So, I still download it to local, then open and save as txt file, then upload it back to temp directory. After that Froogle reads it fine. I tried to tell Froogle to read csv file, but it can not read it.

I read instructions and believe that probably I do something wrong, but I can't find anywhere possibility save it as txt file for Froogle.

Also one more question: variable EP_FROOGLE_SEF_URLS set as false by default. It can be set to true if "store has SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY URLS set". Do you mean some particular contribution? I have Header Tag SEO installed. Does it mean I better set that variable to true?

Thank you very much in advance.

Mike

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7d SE/0.5.2

DB: MySQL 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log

PHP: 4.4.0 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/www/HereIHaveMyDomainName.com/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 15

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Computers777dotcom

Thanks for a great contribution.

In a row (well, not too many) of contributions I have this one is one of the greatest. Now I easily upload file from my supplier to database in seconds (I just wrote small program in Excel to check columns, convert and do other stuff so it can be uploaded after couple clicks). EP gives me ability to create file for Froogle (now it's Google Base) and leave it in temp folder, so Google can retreive it right from there. But I think I just missing something: it does creates file for Froogle, but always with cvs extension. So, I still download it to local, then open and save as txt file, then upload it back to temp directory. After that Froogle reads it fine. I tried to tell Froogle to read csv file, but it can not read it.

I read instructions and believe that probably I do something wrong, but I can't find anywhere possibility save it as txt file for Froogle.

Also one more question: variable EP_FROOGLE_SEF_URLS set as false by default. It can be set to true if "store has SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY URLS set". Do you mean some particular contribution? I have Header Tag SEO installed. Does it mean I better set that variable to true?

I appologize for any confusion. This contribution is not up to date with googlebase. you would be better served using a contrib designed specifically for the task. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4513

I appologize for any confusion. This contribution is not up to date with googlebase. you would be better served using a contrib designed specifically for the task. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4513

And what about SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY URLS, did you mean particular contribution or any SEO contribution?

Sorry for probably stupid questions...

Computers777dotcom

Hi!

I have some problem with my EP.

This happens when i try to export to EP from admin.

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function tep_get_tax_class_rate() in <b>C:\wamp\www\xxx\admin\easypopulate.php</b> on line <b>761</b><br />

and here is the row 761

$row_tax_multiplier = tep_get_tax_class_rate($row['v_tax_class_id']);

then i wonder if someone know how to implement this contrib into EP ( pdf_upload_v_1_5 ) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2807

Hope someone have a qlue how to fix this problems

Regards Tony

Hi!

I have some problem with my EP.

This happens when i try to export to EP from admin.

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function tep_get_tax_class_rate() in <b>C:\wamp\www\xxx\admin\easypopulate.php</b> on line <b>761</b><br />

and here is the row 761

$row_tax_multiplier = tep_get_tax_class_rate($row['v_tax_class_id']);

then i wonder if someone know how to implement this contrib into EP ( pdf_upload_v_1_5 ) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2807

Hope someone have a qlue how to fix this problems

Regards Tony

I have fixed the problems

Hi!

I have some problem suddenly this happens when i want to import the file.

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_mediumimage, products_largeimage, products_fileupload, products_pdfupload, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( '100201v2.png', 'PT101202', '2000', '1', '2008-06-14 21:04:32', '2008-05-28 10:38:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1', '0.00', '10', 1)

[TEP STOP]

Any one have a qlue what the problem can be??

/Tony

Hi!

I have some problem suddenly this happens when i want to import the file.

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_mediumimage, products_largeimage, products_fileupload, products_pdfupload, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( '100201v2.png', 'PT101202', '2000', '1', '2008-06-14 21:04:32', '2008-05-28 10:38:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1', '0.00', '10', 1)

[TEP STOP]

Any one have a qlue what the problem can be??

/Tony

I have fixed my problems.

But now i wonder if its possible to change the EP not to take the model number to identify the product as i use the same model number on a lot of my products i saw it when i used my file to upload new products that EP overwrite all products who have the same model number beacuse EP takes that as one product ( EP translate model number as product id number i guess ) but how can i change that so i can use the same model number on my products without EP overwrite them??

Hope someone have some qlue how to manage that.

Regards Tony

osCommerce 2.2-MS2<br>

PHP Version 4.3.11

I have a small problem I am trying to figure out. I have a site I am trying to get updated with products. Its an ebook site using download products only. I have it all setup and working. The problem is having to put EVERY ebook on line one at a time. I use Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 installed and ready to use. When I download a full products file it sends everything except my zip file names for the downloads. Here is an example below.

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_image v_products_price v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_image_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_image_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_image_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_image_6 v_categories_name_7 v_categories_image_7 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

In the example you see the v_attribute_options_id_1 and v_attribute_options_name_1_1. No place in the file does it have my option for price 0 or the file name to download. I had another script store that when it sets up it installs all the books and files and ready to use, however it sucks so I chose to use OSC as the ecommerce solution for this store also. This is my only download site so I have not had to deal with this problem. My other 6 stores work fine with EP to update products.

Not sure what other info I can provide to one of you php / osc / ep gooroo's. If you have any ideas please let me know. I am putting this site on hold until I can work this out as it will take WAY too long to imput all my books one at a time.

Thank you in advance for any help

In the example you see the v_attribute_options_id_1 and v_attribute_options_name_1_1. No place in the file does it have my option for price 0 or the file name to download. I had another script store that when it sets up it installs all the books and files and ready to use, however it sucks so I chose to use OSC as the ecommerce solution for this store also. This is my only download site so I have not had to deal with this problem. My other 6 stores work fine with EP to update products.

easypopulate doesn't support download attributes, sorry.

surfalot,

I use your contribution and I like it.

Now, I decided to add products_upc field into table products.

I added field and made changes in easypopulate.php file in admin folder as it was directed in instruction:

uncommented line $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );

I tried to download file with all fields but file didn't give me additional field anyway. It looks like I should change something else, but I can't see where.

I realy appreciate if you direct me what else should be changed.

Thanks for help,

Mike

Computers777dotcom

Hi,

I am a TOTAL newbie for oscommerce. I finally installed it. Then a few weeks ago I installed Easy Populate 2.72_1. I then downloaded a complete tab delimited txt file with a few of my sample products. Then for weeks I have been entering the data into it. It literally took me weeks as I have thousands of products! ANd guess what. When I went back into admin today to upload the txt file back - nothing happens.

My host has been doing stuff with my dedicated server so I don't know if they somehow affected my server or database, but when I now try to upload a file OR download a new tab delimited file - NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS. I don't get an error message either. As I am totally new to all this and NOT a programmer at all - I don't even know where to start looking and what to fix. If anyone can PLEASE help me, I would truly appreciate it.

thanks,

Alina

Hi, guys, I am facing a very weird kind of problem.

I installed EP2.76 & Qtpro to both my webhost and localhost. As this version doesn't created product attributes (i have tried but failed), I used SQL file to direct import into my database on both hosts. Then I used the easypopulation to update the stocks according to each attribute. Funny thing happens. My localhost gives no problem. but OSC on my webhost shows problem when I choose to confirm the checkout (at checkoutconfirmation.php), it would direct me to shopping_cart.php. Both OSC on my two hosts are exactly the same. I am currently using OSCRC2.

Can any kind soul help me? Thanks in advance.