• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi guys,

just a quick question:

First thanks for this great contribution, it really helps but :P

It won't update my atributes, should I indeed do as told in the file "attributes_optimize.txt"

here is my stat:

Thanks in advance

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.51a

PHP: 4.4.4 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/********************************/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Edited by Jamie2006

Just installed EP_v2_76g_MS2 (though I'm on RC2a). Initial test looks good, BUT....

I'm trying it out on clean Products/Categories tables, and using a minimum number of fields in the CSV.

The level 1 category doesn't have products, only sub-cats. Sub-cats will not display.

I'm assuming they should. If so, any pointers to what I'm doing wrong? The categories/categories_description tables seem to be set up OK.

Fields in CSV are

v_products_model

v_categories_name_1_1

v_categories_name_2_1

EOREOR

Could someone answer beneath ?

Hi guys,

just a quick question:

First thanks for this great contribution, it really helps but :P

It won't update my atributes, should I indeed do as told in the file "attributes_optimize.txt"

here is my stat:

Thanks in advance

Temp Directory:

/********************************/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 12

Could someone answer beneath ?

please don't bump your questions, as per the forum rules. If you don't get an answer, the right person to answer is not available, or you haven't provided enough info to get an answer.

Just installed EP_v2_76g_MS2 (though I'm on RC2a). Initial test looks good, BUT....

I'm trying it out on clean Products/Categories tables, and using a minimum number of fields in the CSV.

The level 1 category doesn't have products, only sub-cats. Sub-cats will not display.

I'm assuming they should. If so, any pointers to what I'm doing wrong? The categories/categories_description tables seem to be set up OK.

Fields in CSV are

v_products_model

v_categories_name_1_1

v_categories_name_2_1

EOREOR

Product name & description maybe? be sure to fill the category names starting with v_categories_name_1_1. You can't leave any blank up to the one the product is in. Be sure to read the docs about field names, and the SUPPORT section which asks for a sample of your file when asking for help.

Hi to all,

Is here anyone who has managed to make the easypopulate work with multiple languages?

Now i have problem even with a single language( I renamed my local language to English). The categories refuse to show themselves even EP shows that update/upload is succesful with 0 errors. I'm clueless, been tryin to upload using different ways for 2 weeks now...and with no result.

You can check it from ww.golfshop.ee.

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(7)

Settings & Info

HTTP: Apache/2.0.61/DataZone SP 2.0 (Unix)

DB: MySQL 5.0.51

PHP: 5.1.6 (Zend: 2.1.0)

Temp Directory:

/dddd/mydomain/htdocs/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 16

Thanks to anyone who bothers to help me out here.

Antti

Product name & description maybe? be sure to fill the category names starting with v_categories_name_1_1. You can't leave any blank up to the one the product is in. Be sure to read the docs about field names, and the SUPPORT section which asks for a sample of your file when asking for help.

Todd

Thanks for the reply. Have tried so many different combinations now - same result. Tables look right - what I'd expect in products, categories & categories_description, but on running my demo store only level 1 category shown, with "no products" message given.

Maybe my mistake is so simple, I can't see it!

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_image_des
cription,v_products_price,v_products_quantity,v_categories_name_1_1,v_categories_
image_1,v_categories_name_2_1,v_categories_name_3_1,v_manufacturers_name,EOREOR
9090,Zinc Window Boxes,one,img1,78,985,by Product Group,cat_garden.jpg,Garden Equipment,Zinc Alors,Jolly,EOREOR
4592,Zinc Flower Pots,two,img2,12,90,by Product Group,cat_garden.jpg,Garden Equipment,Zinc Alors,Jolly,EOREOR
9091,Zinc Bowl with Handles,three,img3,345,44,by Product Group,cat_garden.jpg,Garden Equipment,Zinc Alors,Jolly,EOREOR

please don't bump your questions, as per the forum rules. If you don't get an answer, the right person to answer is not available, or you haven't provided enough info to get an answer.

Ok point taken surfalot ;) I hate it myself too when I Manage forums but I saw everywhere quick responsed except on mine.

Todd

Thanks for the reply. Have tried so many different combinations now - same result. Tables look right - what I'd expect in products, categories & categories_description, but on running my demo store only level 1 category shown, with "no products" message given.

UPDATE: sorted!

I had been clearing the 3 tables above, but rubbish left over in the products_to_categories table. Caused that very strange effect.

Todd

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_image_des
cription,v_products_price,v_products_quantity,v_categories_name_1_1,v_categories_
image_1,v_categories_name_2_1,v_categories_name_3_1,v_manufacturers_name,EOREOR
9090,Zinc Window Boxes,one,img1,78,985,by Product Group,cat_garden.jpg,Garden Equipment,Zinc Alors,Jolly,EOREOR
4592,Zinc Flower Pots,two,img2,12,90,by Product Group,cat_garden.jpg,Garden Equipment,Zinc Alors,Jolly,EOREOR
9091,Zinc Bowl with Handles,three,img3,345,44,by Product Group,cat_garden.jpg,Garden Equipment,Zinc Alors,Jolly,EOREOR

you really didn't READ that support section did you? ;)

Anyone know what I have to edit to get the images to default to another site as opposed to my /images folder? I'm new to OSC and PHP so I may need to know exactly what to delete and change. Thanks!

that's not really an easypopulate problem. EP is working well, you just need to change the code in the products_info.php so it doesn't add the current site's URL to the image source like I posted earlier. Look for a general help topic for more help with this.

Hi guys,

just a quick question:

First thanks for this great contribution, it really helps but

here is my stat:

Thanks in advance

Hi Folks,

This is my first time posting. Ive hit a wall with Easy Populate Attributes. Basically im trying to upload a bunch of different attribute sfor body jewellery... they are different sizes of jewellery so ive an absolute bunch of attributes. The problem is that when i upload them some of them come out incorrect!! in fact they all appear with the exact same sizes!! There is no variation. The selection of sizes show is correct for a couple of products... also this selection happens to be the power set of all attributes ... if that mean anything? For example for what i mean... look at the attribute this page shows:

http://www.bodypiercing.ie/product_info.php?products_id=1201

This page 'should' actually show only about half of the sizes show in the dropdown!!! i left half the fields blank in my CSV file! isnt that enough?

I had a look at the demo upload spreadsheet that came with easy populate. I dont understand how attributea are turned on and off for a particular product. For example "stephen segal under siege" has 8MB as an attribute but obviously it doesnt apply... not does it appear on the demo page.

Im confused :( Can anyone set me straight on getting my attributes right.

Rob(sat in a youth hostel in sydney )

Hi guys,

just a quick question:

First thanks for this great contribution, it really helps but

here is my stat:

Thanks in advance

The attributes optimize only helps the speed. The code works in every situation I've tried, maybe you didn't setup the import correctly. it does not do download attributes.

Hi Folks,

This is my first time posting. Ive hit a wall with Easy Populate Attributes. Basically im trying to upload a bunch of different attribute sfor body jewellery... they are different sizes of jewellery so ive an absolute bunch of attributes. The problem is that when i upload them some of them come out incorrect!! in fact they all appear with the exact same sizes!! There is no variation. The selection of sizes show is correct for a couple of products... also this selection happens to be the power set of all attributes ... if that mean anything? For example for what i mean... look at the attribute this page shows:

http://www.bodypiercing.ie/product_info.php?products_id=1201

This page 'should' actually show only about half of the sizes show in the dropdown!!! i left half the fields blank in my CSV file! isnt that enough?

I had a look at the demo upload spreadsheet that came with easy populate. I dont understand how attributea are turned on and off for a particular product. For example "stephen segal under siege" has 8MB as an attribute but obviously it doesnt apply... not does it appear on the demo page.

Im confused :( Can anyone set me straight on getting my attributes right.

Rob(sat in a youth hostel in sydney )

The best advice I can give anyone working with attributes is to setup some samples in the shop by hand, export and examine the format. I didn't write that part of the code, but it does work when formatted correctly.

The attributes optimize only helps the speed. The code works in every situation I've tried, maybe you didn't setup the import correctly. it does not do download attributes.

Thnx Surfalot,

With other words your saying if I download a complete file and I edit it, it should work ? Because like the topic above where you responded is just the way I did it.

Everything updates except the attributes.

What do you mean by "it does not do download attributes."

Gr Jamie

Edited by Jamie2006

Hi all,

hope someone can help me with this problem.....

I have just installed EP but when I try to create the file to download or create the file on the temp directory nothing happens. I dont get any errors but no file downloads or is created. I have created the admin/temp folder and set the permissions to 777

anyone got any ideas? I have just uploaded an unedited version of easypopulate.php with the SPPC bit commented out(I am using the SPPC version) but I still dont get a file to download.

thanks

Chris

Thnx Surfalot,

With other words your saying if I download a complete file and I edit it, it should work ? Because like the topic above where you responded is just the way I did it.

Everything updates except the attributes.

What do you mean by "it does not do download attributes."

Gr Jamie

I took a look at the atttributes again on my test shop and seems to be working for me. I think you may not quite understand how it is suppose to work.

I've tried searching but all the threads are massive so I'll post this in here in hopes someone can help.

I've been running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 for months now with Easypopulate working perfectly. It's how I imported my 1500 products. I wanted to fix the security issue with register_globals so that oscommerce would work with register_globals turned off. I did all the necessary changes and the site is now working perfectly fine. The problem is that the easypopulate contribution no longer works.

I've gone back through the necessary files to ensure that couple file edits are correct but i can still not get it to work.

When I click Easypopulate now I get a HTTP 500 internal server error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

I've tried searching but all the threads are massive so I'll post this in here in hopes someone can help.

I've been running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 for months now with Easypopulate working perfectly. It's how I imported my 1500 products. I wanted to fix the security issue with register_globals so that oscommerce would work with register_globals turned off. I did all the necessary changes and the site is now working perfectly fine. The problem is that the easypopulate contribution no longer works.

I've gone back through the necessary files to ensure that couple file edits are correct but i can still not get it to work.

When I click Easypopulate now I get a HTTP 500 internal server error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

try v2.76g, should be fully compatible with globals off.

I have a problem when trying to install EP 2.78

In the install notes it says to edit the file \admin\modules\filenames.php but I don't have an admin\modules folder and this is on a vanilla installation.

I have filenames.php in catalog\admin\includes and catalog\includes

Could someone please let me know which file it is I'm supposed to be updating?

thanks

Chris