• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

what kind of cronjob are you trying to run?

basically trying to import easy populate files

I want to only upload one time to main site then have my other site run a cronjob and grab the update file ( I already have uploaded ) from my main site and update the other sites

do you have control over the whole server as root? you need to remember, you are going across two users and one does not have rights to the other. if you do, it is the same as a cronjob the way linux normally runs one.

that's not what you were suppose to find. You didn't get to the end of the file. The very last section of the manual called SUPPORT, and it's subsection called "how to ask for help" details the information I need to help you better. Is it because its at the end of the manual? is that why nobody can find it? How does everyone find this topic link without finding that section? I put an index in the manual. >_< :D

It sounds like you didn't read my help about what I thought you problem was. :huh: See the easypopulate.php file, top section about setting your temp path. After you have smoothed out the path (no double slashes), then, as mibble suggested, check your permissions on the temp folder you created. Ask you host about getting permissions set that allow PHP scripts to write to the folder.

Sorry. The manual I am reading does not have an index or a section as mentioned above. I checked the .PDF and .txt manual. Don't know why as it is the manual that came with the package.

I was able to figure out the directory issue. I simply created the directory myself it was looking for since I have no clue what all the $tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/"; means. But this example included the actual directory at the end.

Everything is working ok except now the pictures aren't coming in which I suspect is also a directory problem. But the text in the php file is a bit confusing to me since it lists 3 different things:

//**** Image Defaulting ****

global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif

//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';

//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';

//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing

$default_image_manufacturer = '';

$default_image_product = '';

$default_image_category = '';

If I put all 3 image categories in one directory do I just add that directory to the end of these lines between the quotes?

I will try to download the package again and look for the right manual... Thanks for your help. I have been working on this for 2 weeks so I am getting a bit frustrated. Didn't mean to direct it to you on the forum.

I did find the full manual. YEA! It says something about setting the EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS but I don't see this option under my Easy poplate settings. Going to take some time to read this full manual...

Edited by kid_karl

do you have control over the whole server as root? you need to remember, you are going across two users and one does not have rights to the other. if you do, it is the same as a cronjob the way linux normally runs one.

Well I was hoping I could use a wget to an http address to pull the txt file

Sorry. The manual I am reading does not have an index or a section as mentioned above. I checked the .PDF and .txt manual. Don't know why as it is the manual that came with the package.

I was able to figure out the directory issue. I simply created the directory myself it was looking for since I have no clue what all the $tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/"; means. But this example included the actual directory at the end.

Everything is working ok except now the pictures aren't coming in which I suspect is also a directory problem. But the text in the php file is a bit confusing to me since it lists 3 different things:

//**** Image Defaulting ****

global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif

//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';

//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';

//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing

$default_image_manufacturer = '';

$default_image_product = '';

$default_image_category = '';

If I put all 3 image categories in one directory do I just add that directory to the end of these lines between the quotes?

I will try to download the package again and look for the right manual... Thanks for your help. I have been working on this for 2 weeks so I am getting a bit frustrated. Didn't mean to direct it to you on the forum.

I did find the full manual. YEA! It says something about setting the EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS but I don't see this option under my Easy poplate settings. Going to take some time to read this full manual...

I'm sorry, I thought you had said you were going to download my version a couple pages back. I read that wrong.

So if you are talking about EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS, you must have found it. Of course, use the easypopulate.php script from that version of the manual you are reading. The EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS setting should be there (search for it).

About the default images... the setting must be a complete path from the root of your shop. if your images are in the /images/ sub-folder off your shop, the default image setting should be "images/some_image.gif"

Edited by surfalot

I'm sorry, I thought you had said you were going to download my version a couple pages back. I read that wrong.

So if you are talking about EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS, you must have found it. Of course, use the easypopulate.php script from that version of the manual you are reading. The EP_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS setting should be there (search for it).

About the default images... the setting must be a complete path from the root of your shop. if your images are in the /images/ sub-folder off your shop, the default image setting should be "images/some_image.gif"

nope. you were absolutely right. I did download yours I just have no idea where I got the manual I was reading from. I am still trying to make sense of the script. I didn't know the command I asked about was in the php file I thought it was in the EZ Populate settings in the admin panel. I will check it out if the pics thing still doesn't work. I decided to take a couple of days off while I read your most excellent manual and look into the script a bit more. I am a pc tech but when it comes to scripts and programming I am an idiot. Just don't have the brains for it. Never did and as I get older it doesn't get any better :-) I did notice that the apostrophe holts the script if it's in any field. Is there any way around that so I can use one?

nope. you were absolutely right. I did download yours I just have no idea where I got the manual I was reading from. I am still trying to make sense of the script. I didn't know the command I asked about was in the php file I thought it was in the EZ Populate settings in the admin panel. I will check it out if the pics thing still doesn't work. I decided to take a couple of days off while I read your most excellent manual and look into the script a bit more. I am a pc tech but when it comes to scripts and programming I am an idiot. Just don't have the brains for it. Never did and as I get older it doesn't get any better :-) I did notice that the apostrophe holts the script if it's in any field. Is there any way around that so I can use one?

with v2.76g, there shouldn't be a problem with quotes, single or double. Are your using v2.76g? And using CSV file formats? If yes on both, post the error please, some part still may have been missed.

I am having trouble when uploading files there are duplicate products that show up under the new products but not in any categorie. I have seen posts about certain characters that should not be used in the file as well as what exactly to save the file as, but I cant seem to find them now. Could anyone give me an overall dos and dont's list for this?

Thank you

I am having trouble when uploading files there are duplicate products that show up under the new products but not in any categorie. I have seen posts about certain characters that should not be used in the file as well as what exactly to save the file as, but I cant seem to find them now. Could anyone give me an overall dos and dont's list for this?

Thank you

version?

I have problems with online split inside easy populate...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128 bytes) in /web/htdocs/www.betafer.it/home/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1103

Easy Populate 2.76g MS-2

I have solved using a this:

http://www.fxfisherman.com/downloads/csv-splitter-1.1.zip

Yup!

please read the manual if you haven't yet. Then, when you get to the end, there is a section called "how to ask for help". follow the 5 step process to gather the information need to help you.

please read the manual if you haven't yet. Then, when you get to the end, there is a section called "how to ask for help". follow the 5 step process to gather the information need to help you.

Link to csv file:Here

My settings:

EP vers: 2.76e

Temp Dir:

/home/users/web/b860/sl.a1sportstw/public_html/a1sports/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 20

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

As for errors there are none, just the issues I told earlyer.

Link to csv file:Here

I don't see anything wrong with your data and config. my thoughts are you have products defined that are not matching the spreadsheet. make a backup of the database and try clearing all products before uploading your EP data.

Hi,

I'm new to osCommerce and even newer to Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2. This contribution seems to be exactly what I need.

My wife and I sell beads on ebay and we're looking to get off of ebay. My OSC site is very simple at the moment - five products. I know I've got a lot to learn and a long way to go to get there.

There's a really good chance I'm simply missing some simple step or setting or something. I'm not the type of person to try something once and then ask for help. I've been at this a while...

The Getting Help section states "4) Place all information in your post." So, here we go. Here's what I've done, step by step:

I go to "Export EP or Froogle Products File", choose "Created then Download" and "Complete".

I edit the csv with Excel 2003. Copy lines 2-6, paste them to 7-11. Change the v_products_name_1 entry to add the number one in front of the name (to distinguish the new items, again, for testing).

When I go to save it, in csv, I get the error message "<filename> may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?" I click yes then return to the easypopulate.php page.

I select "Upload and Import EP File" and "add new only" then click "import into db". I check the store and there's still only five items, not ten. After trying a few different options, I noticed the message at the top of the page:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php26FVT5

User filename: EP2008Apr06-0606.csv

Size: 7149

I swear I never noticed it before. I went to "Import EP file from Temp Dir" and selected EP2008Apr06-0606.csv and "Add New Only" and nothing happens. The message at the top of the page simply says "Filename: EP2008Apr06-0606.csv". If I select EP2008Apr06-0606.csv and "normal", I'm graced with this error message for all ten items: "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:"

Ok, so I know the v_products_model field is empty. I haven't yet figured out how to get rid of it altogether - I don't need it. I changed the five items to have "z" in the products_model field. I exported, copied the five lines, add the "1" to the names of the then duplicate entries, then went back to "Upload and Import EP File" and "add new only". Only one item was entered - the Antique Whites. As I'm still learning, I went into the admin and deleted that item, returned to "Upload and Import EP File" and selected "normal". The returned message was:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phppnkmrr

User filename: EP2008Apr06-0606.csv

Size: 7159

Antique White ...... Active !New Product!" with the last two words in green. The other nine items are listed in the same way but the end of the list is Active Updated, all in gray text. The store and the admin page only recognizes the one item. and it is NOT the Antique White's, it's the "1Baby Pink". I delete the one item, go to "Import EP file from Temp Dir" and "Normal" and import EP2008Apr06-0606.csv. Same as before, it says that the Antique White's are added, none of the others, and the store actually has the "1Baby Pink".

The small, simple, file here:

ftp://www.unusualgoods.us/EP2008Apr06-0606.csv

What am I doing wrong/missing?

Thanks!!!!!

Paul

Crap. I forgot to add the settings....

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.45-log

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/unusualg/www/www/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 12

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Enable attributes: true

you said you placed a z and a 1 in all of the same field, or am i reading that wrong? each one should be separate

Thanks. After my posts I decided to restore that backup I made and spent hours exporting, modifying, importing, and re-restoring literally dozens of times. Maybe close to a hundred. I figured out that the v_products_model field needs to have a unique entry. I also figured out how to increase the size of the column and raised it to fifty characters. I've been copying the item names into the model field, stripping the control characters (quotes, apostrophe's, etc...), shortening them and enumerating duplicate entries. I'm going to try to make the field 100 characters, if I can remember how I did it, and then I won't have to shorten the item names anymore, just strip the bad characters and enumerate the dupes - one less pain-in-the-neck-step.

Ultimately, I still have no use for the column and am still looking for a way to remove it altogether.

Along the way I realized that over a hundred items at once in the csv doesn't import properly, so I split it into 90 in one csv, 79 in the other. It never occurred to me to simply number the model field 1 - 188, which is what I just did. In this fashion it isn't much of a hindrance now.

I am having another issue, though. When I import the two csv's, only the first fifteen items are inserted into their proper category. I know it's not the items themselves because I swapped the positions of items 16-30 with 1-15, and still only the first 15 get into the correct places.

For diagnostic purposes, I have a csv with sixty records. There are ten records in each of six categories, and the items are mixed through the list.

The file is here: ftp://www.unusualgoods.us/EP2008Apr06-1111.csv

I've restored the db, deleted all items and all categories. When I upload the file, it creates the six categories from the first fifteen item and puts them in said categories, then dumps the other 45 items in the 'root' folder.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.45-log

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/unusualg/www/www/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 50

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Enable attributes: true

my thoughts are you have products defined that are not matching the spreadsheet.

Not sure what you mean by this, could you explain?

I will do what you suggested though, that sounds like a good idea. I will let you know how it works out.

Thanks alot