• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I know for sure it's not a hosting problem now. I know it's confusing, but I hope you can follow my description as follows:

Ok, I moved the kwdhasit store to a new subdomain (I'll call it STORE A ) and tried again. I got the exact same problems. I then moved the kwdhome store to a subdomain (STORE B ) and set it up for a shared SSL instead of the private SSL. It worked just fine. I tried using the DB from STORE B with STORE A and still got the errors on STORE A. I also tried the db from STORE A on STORE B and it worked just fine. This tells me that there is a scripting error somewhere in STORE A and kwdhasit. The only option I seem to have right now is compare each file 1 by 1 until I find the error. I can rule out the SQL databases, .htaccess, easypopulate.php, application_top.php, and both configuration.php files, as I have tried swapping these files already.

Any other ideas?

My guess is that there is a typo somewhere.

nope, I'd have to put my hands on it myself.

although the issue manifests as an EP problem, it really isn't. I can't come up with any scenario in which this could happen because of PHP code. Still think it host related. Something external is stopping the script so precisely at that byte mark. Its the internal server error talking. Prove me wrong. ;) If you do find the problem, please let me know.

nope, I'd have to put my hands on it myself.

although the issue manifests as an EP problem, it really isn't. I can't come up with any scenario in which this could happen because of PHP code. Still think it host related. Something external is stopping the script so precisely at that byte mark. Its the internal server error talking. Prove me wrong. ;) If you do find the problem, please let me know.

OK, here we go again. ;)

The "stopping at the exact bit" problem was caused by the shared ssl. The problem does not occur on all of my subdomains all of the time, though. For now, I will call this problem solved...

Now onto the next problem:

Here's some more info. I am using a brand new installation with 2.76g-MS2 as the ONLY change. My host has told me the only limitation I have for php is a 5 minute script allowance.

Here are the settings:

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

DB: MySQL 5.0.45-community-log

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/kwdhomec/public_html/kdtest/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Uploads:

I have about 23,000 items in this store and was able to upload about 10,000 lines at a time after I increased the PHP.ini memory_limit. This takes about 1 minute to do. None of the php.ini settings that have to do with time (like max_execution_time and max_input_time) seem to be able to increase that number. I have also tried enabling set_time_limit=330 in easypopulate.php. I am not complaining about this at all though. I realize that most people have to split the files at 300 lines.

Downloads:

I've been able to download up to 9.3 - 9.6 MBs of items file now without using the shared SSL while using "download on the fly" for a complete file. This gives me about 6000 out of 23000 products. The number varies, the time it takes varies, but the last line is always complete. When I choose a custom file with no options I can get all of my items in the download.

When I choose to create a file in the temp directory as a complete file or create and then download as a complete file I get the 500 internal server error and the logs show the "Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php" error. When I choose to create a file in the temp directory as a custom file with no options or create and then download as a custom file with no options. It works. I am able to download the file. In fact, I am able to download everything but the description. That seems to put it over the edge.

It seems to me that the script is timing out and ending early because the file it is trying to create is too large, but there is nothing in the logs that says anything like that.

Is there a way to split downloads like the uploads can be split?

Thanks for all your help!

Hi All,

I've searched the whole topic for an answer but still haven't found one.

i know people have asked this before but I also know that nobody has answered a definitive solution to this problem.

i'm using product extra fields and I'd like to be able to use a single CSV file to upload all the products' fields. Is that somehow possible? all the extra field are located in another file.

Thank you,

Francesco

OK, here we go again. ;)

The "stopping at the exact bit" problem was caused by the shared ssl. The problem does not occur on all of my subdomains all of the time, though. For now, I will call this problem solved...

Now onto the next problem:

Is there a way to split downloads like the uploads can be split?

Thanks for all your help!

that is why I put the filter options in at the bottom of the custom export box. you can select only certain category trees or manufacturers and split them up like that. :) Remember, if all you need to change is the price, the file only needs to contain the model and the price. Which allows you to process many more products in one shot.

When you use shared SSL and the tilde(~) to access other sites, the bandwidth gets logged on the site of the domain in the URL, not the site in which the data is actually coming from. My bet is your host is restricting the amount of bandwidth per transfer under these conditions to avoid abuse. I've downloaded over 50MB from a shared SSL which took about 20min to produce. Sounds like you are on one of the more restrictive host. :( I think there is more going on there then the support person knows or is admitting to.

Nice to see the support questions getting more complicated. Most of the little bugs have been ironed out. I'm sure there is a solution to importing and retrieving large databases *automatically* using EP. It will just take some time and thought, unfortunately, I'm a little short on one of those. :)

Edited by surfalot

Hi All,

I've searched the whole topic for an answer but still haven't found one.

i know people have asked this before but I also know that nobody has answered a definitive solution to this problem.

i'm using product extra fields and I'd like to be able to use a single CSV file to upload all the products' fields. Is that somehow possible? all the extra field are located in another file.

Thank you,

Francesco

at current, not possible. the original code-jockey that produced that addon designed it that was. It was modified recently to allow a model number to model number connection between the two files. but that is the way it is.

at current, not possible. the original code-jockey that produced that addon designed it that was. It was modified recently to allow a model number to model number connection between the two files. but that is the way it is.

Thank you surfalot,

a pretty useful information...too bad I'm not a coder to try to improve the whole thing.

I guess I'll try to add new fields manually by using this contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1717

(Hope this helps to everybody who is looking for an answer in the forum)

Thank you surfalot,

a pretty useful information...too bad I'm not a coder to try to improve the whole thing.

I guess I'll try to add new fields manually by using this contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1717

(Hope this helps to everybody who is looking for an answer in the forum)

I got to add that this contribution it's a nightmare: adding just one field takes quite a big amount of time!

Does anybody know a different contribution to have a similar result at least with books?

Thank you!

Edited by Yak39

unfortunately revising that is still on my list. Its confusing to me also and you are most likely on your own with that, unless the original author is still hangin around (not likely). :( The best advice I can give is to setup a set of 5 sample products using the osC admin, do an export and examine what comes out.

It works well for an export to reimport elsewhere, but for creating them in a spreadsheet, good luck.

Thanks, that was exactly, what i wanted to hear, i have already figured out, how to fix it.. :)

I'm sorry to keep this going on but...could somebody please tell me where to find the modified product extra field contrib with the model number instead of product id?

EP v2.76g

that version also has the ability to quickly add fields to EP that you have added to the products and products_description tables, as noted in the upload description.

Edited by surfalot

Just intalled EP 2.76g-MS2....When I try to import my CSV, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_tax_class_rate() in /home/ardesign/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2400

the products extra fields adds information to a database. those fields would need to be then pointed to the easypopulate code (you could probably add some code to call an external program that would add those fields to be populated at the correct time.

as for downloading a large database unless you have total control over the server and php, you are better off to do sections and then piece together. if you have lots of attributes those add up on the size of the download also.

most servers are limited to 30 seconds for scripts like easypopulate.

mmm....

sounds intresting, but somhow I'm missing the point. I suppose that EP's capability in supporting new fields is given only in the moment in which I already hand-coded the fields inside - say - general.php. am i right?

I'm running EP 2.78 is it worse then EP 2.76g? By opening easypopulate.php I've seen that the "new field supporting feature" is there too...

thank you

Edited by Yak39

Hey guys. First I have to say after reading this forum for almost 2 weeks you guys are unbelievable. I sure wish I had half the ability you all have at using these PHP files.

Now for the problem. I installed 2.76D ms2. I tried downloading the .txt file from the site, then re-uploading it unmodified as suggested by the EZP manual. I get the following:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2008Apr01-1604.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phplWyEkc' to '/home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2008Apr01-1604.txt' in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phplWyEkc

User filename: EP2008Apr01-1604.txt

Size: 2751605

Warning: file(/home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2008Apr01-1604.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

What program is best to view/modify the EZP.php file so i can check exactly what line 43 is? Just notepad?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Edited by kid_karl

Just intalled EP 2.76g-MS2....When I try to import my CSV, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_tax_class_rate() in /home/ardesign/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2400

you probably forgot to upload the easypopulate_functions.php file to the admin folder.

mmm....

sounds intresting, but somhow I'm missing the point. I suppose that EP's capability in supporting new fields is given only in the moment in which I already hand-coded the fields inside - say - general.php. am i right?

I'm running EP 2.78 is it worse then EP 2.76g? By opening easypopulate.php I've seen that the "new field supporting feature" is there too...

thank you

I don't know about worse. v2.76g is the newest and most up to date version that works the base osC shop code. I started correcting v2.76c because the later versions at the time had too many additional contributions clogging it up.

v2.76g has support for adding product table fields.

Hey guys. First I have to say after reading this forum for almost 2 weeks you guys are unbelievable. I sure wish I had half the ability you all have at using these PHP files.

Now for the problem. I installed 2.76D ms2. I tried downloading the .txt file from the site, then re-uploading it unmodified as suggested by the EZP manual. I get the following:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2008Apr01-1604.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phplWyEkc' to '/home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2008Apr01-1604.txt' in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phplWyEkc

User filename: EP2008Apr01-1604.txt

Size: 2751605

Warning: file(/home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2008Apr01-1604.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

What program is best to view/modify the EZP.php file so i can check exactly what line 43 is? Just notepad?

Any help would be much appreciated...

I thought you said you were going to read the manual? :lol: didn't get to the bottom where it says what to post with the error message? :)

same problem as before. you don't have the temp directory set right in the settings. I can see a double slash in the path displayed in the error message: /home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/

Or possibly the configure.php file has a path wrong. a couple paragraphs about this are at the top of the easypopulate file

I don't know about worse. v2.76g is the newest and most up to date version that works the base osC shop code. I started correcting v2.76c because the later versions at the time had too many additional contributions clogging it up.

v2.76g has support for adding product table fields.

I see, i've been downloading and reading your wonderful version's manual.

Still I need to have one explanation: I understand that if I add a field in the "product" or "products_description" tables EP 2.76g will update those fields in the tables.

Anyways I'll still have to code those fields inside product_info.php in order to have them on the product info page right?

And there is no contribution that actually adds extra fields directly in the products or products_description table am i correct?

Sorry for bothering but I'm really willing to learn!:)

Thank you!

I thought you said you were going to read the manual? :lol: didn't get to the bottom where it says what to post with the error message? :)

same problem as before. you don't have the temp directory set right in the settings. I can see a double slash in the path displayed in the error message: /home/guysgift/public_html//catalog/temp/

Or possibly the configure.php file has a path wrong. a couple paragraphs about this are at the top of the easypopulate file

Actually I thought I did: Second, simplify

1. Try uploading the file you just downloaded. If this doesn't work, you've got basic problems, hit the forum and describe your errors. Please search for your error message first, if there is no fix, then post a very specific problem report. Don't just tell me "It's broken", or I'm likely to say, "Well, fix it!"

See :-) Didn't see anything else. sorry... I do have both files in the admin folder. I will check the file and see if I can figure it out. I just didn't have any idea what to look for and was hoping you would give me an idea. But thanks anyway...

I see, i've been downloading and reading your wonderful version's manual.

Still I need to have one explanation: I understand that if I add a field in the "product" or "products_description" tables EP 2.76g will update those fields in the tables.

Anyways I'll still have to code those fields inside product_info.php in order to have them on the product info page right?

And there is no contribution that actually adds extra fields directly in the products or products_description table am i correct?

Sorry for bothering but I'm really willing to learn!:)

Thank you!

that's correct. this addition to EP was added help those that have installed contributions that affect those tables. But can also help those making customizations on their own.

Actually I thought I did: Second, simplify

1. Try uploading the file you just downloaded. If this doesn't work, you've got basic problems, hit the forum and describe your errors. Please search for your error message first, if there is no fix, then post a very specific problem report. Don't just tell me "It's broken", or I'm likely to say, "Well, fix it!"

See :-) Didn't see anything else. sorry... I do have both files in the admin folder. I will check the file and see if I can figure it out. I just didn't have any idea what to look for and was hoping you would give me an idea. But thanks anyway...

that's not what you were suppose to find. You didn't get to the end of the file. The very last section of the manual called SUPPORT, and it's subsection called "how to ask for help" details the information I need to help you better. Is it because its at the end of the manual? is that why nobody can find it? How does everyone find this topic link without finding that section? I put an index in the manual. >_< :D

It sounds like you didn't read my help about what I thought you problem was. :huh: See the easypopulate.php file, top section about setting your temp path. After you have smoothed out the path (no double slashes), then, as mibble suggested, check your permissions on the temp folder you created. Ask you host about getting permissions set that allow PHP scripts to write to the folder.

Edited by surfalot