• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

version 2.76f downloaded when you clicked to download version 3.0 from the contributions page?

No, I downloaded and istalled 3.0. The php document shows version 3.0 as the current installed.

But when I click on easy populate is shows 2.76f at the top of the screen.

So to answer you question. I think yes...

Now I might be more confused than when I started!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Edited by telefonica600

Now I might be more confused than when I started!! HAHAHAHA!!!

you're not the only one. I don't understand what is 3.0. The only EP version that is 3.0 was produce by someone that has since asked everyone not to use it.

No, I downloaded and istalled 3.0. The php document shows version 3.0 as the current installed.

But when I click on easy populate is shows 2.76f at the top of the screen.

"The php document shows" what is that? Where did you download it, and specifically, what did you click on to download? (name, date, upload person)

Edited by surfalot

you're not the only one. I don't understand what is 3.0. The only EP version that is 3.0 was produce by someone that has since asked everyone not to use it.

"The php document shows" what is that? Where did you download it, and specifically, what did you click on to download? (name, date, upload person)

never mind all that. I would like to help, please download and setup Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 (with attributes) surfalot 18 Mar 2008 if you would like my help in resolving whatever issue you are having. Please describe the issue best you can with errors and details. See the how to ask for help section in the docs for the information that will help me help you.

never mind all that. I would like to help, please download and setup Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 (with attributes) surfalot 18 Mar 2008 if you would like my help in resolving whatever issue you are having. Please describe the issue best you can with errors and details. See the how to ask for help section in the docs for the information that will help me help you.

You got it. I will do that tonight when I can get back to my computer with dreamweaver on it.

Thanks. I do really appreciate the help.

Ok, done with the install.

I like the drop down window for normal, new only, and update!

Thank you and I do really appreciate the time and the patience. Please keep in mind that I am a Production supervisor at a major automotive supplier and do this business part time. I can follow direction to get around the internals of a website, but it is all new to me.

I completed a download of the category and an update of several items.

When I download a complete .csv of my database I get this screen. The file is still written to the /temp directory though. When I do a custom download I get the screen that tells me were I can retrieve the file.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage 

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet. 
The website is encountering problems. 
There might be a typing error in the address. 

What you can try: 
 Diagnose Connection Problems  

More information 

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including: 

Internet connectivity has been lost. 
The website is temporarily unavailable. 
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. 
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. 
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section. 

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds 

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view. 

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages) 

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline. 
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a
HTTP: Apache
DB: MySQL 4.1.22-max-log
PHP: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:
/home/content/r/e/d/reddogenterpri/html/catalog/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: off
Split files on: 300 records
Model Num Size: 12
Price with tax: false
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: false
Field seperator: comma
Excel safe output: true
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 7
Enable attributes: true
SEF Froogle URLS: false
More Pics: false
Unknown Pics: false
HTC: false
SPPC: false
Extra Fields: false

Edited by telefonica600

I posted this about a week ago in the installation and config area but see that there was a thread here about it specifically. Since I didntt get any answers at all in the other areas, was hoping for some help here. You guys really seem to have a grip on the script.

I have no experience with online selling or with these php files. This is my first venture online and I am hoping to actually open a small retail store in a few months to go along with the store online. Anyway, here is the issue. I have only one company right now on the site. I wish to add products from another company. They only have 50 products. As instructed by the EZpop documentation, I took the info from their excel file and filled in the info into a template file created for EZpop.

First step it says is to upload the file into the "Split catalog's file big dimension:" field. Then click "Split File". I do this and get the message:

Creating file EP_Split1.txt ... Added 48 records and closing file...

You can download your split files in the Tools/Files under /catalog/temp/

It then says "after the files are split, enter the first split file’s name with file extension into the "Import catalog’s file from directory temp field:".

I type in the name: EP_Split1.txt then click on the button "Insert into db".

I get the following message:

User filename: ep_split1.txt

Warning: file(/home/guysgift/public_html//temp/ep_split1.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 736

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 741

I tried looking through the .PHP file but could not make head nor tale of this. Can anyone please save the few hairs I have left on my head and help with this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all in advance for your help!

I do see everyone talking about downloading surfalots ezpop version but forgive me for being dense but where do we go to get it?

Edited by kid_karl

I posted this about a week ago in the installation and config area but see that there was a thread here about it specifically. Since I didntt get any answers at all in the other areas, was hoping for some help here. You guys really seem to have a grip on the script.

I have no experience with online selling or with these php files. This is my first venture online and I am hoping to actually open a small retail store in a few months to go along with the store online. Anyway, here is the issue. I have only one company right now on the site. I wish to add products from another company. They only have 50 products. As instructed by the EZpop documentation, I took the info from their excel file and filled in the info into a template file created for EZpop.

First step it says is to upload the file into the "Split catalog's file big dimension:" field. Then click "Split File". I do this and get the message:

It then says "after the files are split, enter the first split file’s name with file extension into the "Import catalog’s file from directory temp field:".

Warning: file(/home/guysgift/public_html//temp/ep_split1.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 736

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/guysgift/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 741

I tried looking through the .PHP file but could not make head nor tale of this. Can anyone please save the few hairs I have left on my head and help with this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all in advance for your help!

I do see everyone talking about downloading surfalots ezpop version but forgive me for being dense but where do we go to get it?

I found the files and I am reading the manual. Please ignore the above.

OK Here is one for someone to attempt to help me with! I am sure there is something I have done but even when I reinstall it 3 times I get the same issue. First things first .

Go visit the site at http://www.drmoutdoors.org and check out the catagories.

I am getting strange Catagories which are from different sections of the file I am attempting to load into the database with EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

I have located the same items in the .csv file and it seems to randomly select data to create categories from. Below is just a sample of what I get.

at the end of this post I will include all the category names on the first page for your enjoyment. If someone needs to go to the site to check things out let me know and I will supply info to log in to the admin area. This is just a site I am trying to use to test the application with until I get things running correctly then it will be moved and the log in information changed.

Also when you do a restore to the original database it will take you back to the ADMIN login area every time but does restore the database!

EZPOP.jpg

********************************************************************************

Settings & Info

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 4.1.22-max-log

PHP: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/content/d/r/m/drm03271963b/html/temp/ File being EZPOPPED can be found at http://www.drmoutdoors.org/temp/Trial1.csv

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: on

Model Num Size: 12

********************************************************************************

wierd catagories/ Folders listed below and yes this is actual categories it created

3/27/2007 14:17

3/28/2007 19:08

5/21/2007 16:56

6/17/2006 2:19

625-422583.jpg

625-422597.jpg

625-422600.jpg

625-422609.jpg

858-443578.jpg

860-443585.jpg

AJO-9REG.jpg

deep pocket.LEFT HAN

deep pocket.RIGHT HA

medium/deep pock

medium/deep pocket. Right Hand T

medium/deep pocket.L

medium/deep pocket.R

sans-serif\"" size=\""3\"">Li

sans-serif\"" size=\""3\"">Li

the 11.25\"" AJN-15 was born fro

What is happening is the code is hitting a product with at least one category entry in the products_to_categories table, in which the category's description is missing.

do you have any products that are not within a category?

or maybe a product that should be associated with a category, and the category's record is missing from the categories table?

if you add this just before that line, temporarily, and run again, it will tell you what product its barfing on...

echo "current product_id=" . $row['v_products_id'] . '<br>';
echo "missing category_id=" . $row['v_categories_id'];
exit;

Hi Todd,

My apologies for not replying sooner, its been a wild week.

You were correct in your assumptions and it was barfing on products not associated with category. Sorted now thanks :thumbsup:

Onward and upward to my next issue lol

I am trying to get EP to chuck out a full download through the store front, I have had to copy a couple of functions over from the admin and I will also have to strip out any import features.

However when I try and run http://www.mydomain.co.uk/easypopulate.php...amp;dltype=full through the browser it chucks all the data to the screen instead of generating the file to download.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

OK Here is one for someone to attempt to help me with! I am sure there is something I have done but even when I reinstall it 3 times I get the same issue. First things first .

Go visit the site at http://www.drmoutdoors.org and check out the catagories.

I am getting strange Catagories which are from different sections of the file I am attempting to load into the database with EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

I have located the same items in the .csv file and it seems to randomly select data to create categories from. Below is just a sample of what I get.

at the end of this post I will include all the category names on the first page for your enjoyment. If someone needs to go to the site to check things out let me know and I will supply info to log in to the admin area. This is just a site I am trying to use to test the application with until I get things running correctly then it will be moved and the log in information changed.

Also when you do a restore to the original database it will take you back to the ADMIN login area every time but does restore the database!

Do you have any special characters in your names or descriptions that may be throwing it off?

i.e. " or ' or ,

This could throw off the tab sets some when the file is uploaded. I ran into that and got some wierd stuff.

I am by far not great at it, but I have had some luck and some advice from surfalot.

Might be something to look at.

Edited by telefonica600

Hi, i have problemas with attributes... easy populate works just great if i do not need attributes, but i have tyre shop and need to attribute my items but can not figure out how:

Options id 6 = Width

Values name = 135

example:

v_products_model : DB502471

v_products_id : DB502471

v_categories_id : 24

v_attribute_options_id_1: 6

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_4: 135

v_categories_name_2_4: 4x4

v_manufacturers_name: DEBICA

v_products_name_4: 145R12 ** DEBICA VIVO 72T

v_products_desription_4: 145R12 ** DEBICA VIVO 72T

v_products_price : 18,03

The problem is that these attributes wont add. Any help i would very appreciate...

Edited by TylerRai

your cvs file is malformed. you have lots of columns after the EOREOR column. That will mess everything up. In addition you have an error at the bottom of the file also that shouldn't be there. And one more, there is an extra line at the top of the file, the header line has to be the top line.

don't know why this is happening, unless there is a bug in the backup script. Might check the general support on that one. I use phpMyAdmin for backing up the database. much more stable.

Hi Todd,

My apologies for not replying sooner, its been a wild week.

You were correct in your assumptions and it was barfing on products not associated with category. Sorted now thanks :thumbsup:

Onward and upward to my next issue lol

I am trying to get EP to chuck out a full download through the store front, I have had to copy a couple of functions over from the admin and I will also have to strip out any import features.

However when I try and run http://www.mydomain.co.uk/easypopulate.php...amp;dltype=full through the browser it chucks all the data to the screen instead of generating the file to download.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

why is EP under the root of the shop?

what browser are you using? vers? (try another browser. that part of the code has failed in different browers from time to time)

Hi, i have problemas with attributes... easy populate works just great if i do not need attributes, but i have tyre shop and need to attribute my items but can not figure out how:

Options id 6 = Width

Values name = 135

example:

v_products_model : DB502471

v_products_id : DB502471

v_categories_id : 24

v_attribute_options_id_1: 6

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_4: 135

v_categories_name_2_4: 4x4

v_manufacturers_name: DEBICA

v_products_name_4: 145R12 ** DEBICA VIVO 72T

v_products_desription_4: 145R12 ** DEBICA VIVO 72T

v_products_price : 18,03

The problem is that these attributes wont add. Any help i would very appreciate...

unfortunately revising that is still on my list. Its confusing to me also and you are most likely on your own with that, unless the original author is still hangin around (not likely). :( The best advice I can give is to setup a set of 5 sample products using the osC admin, do an export and examine what comes out.

It works well for an export to reimport elsewhere, but for creating them in a spreadsheet, good luck.

I completed a download of the category and an update of several items.

When I download a complete .csv of my database I get this screen. The file is still written to the /temp directory though. When I do a custom download I get the screen that tells me were I can retrieve the file.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage 

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet. 
The website is encountering problems. 
There might be a typing error in the address. 

What you can try: 
  Diagnose Connection Problems  

More information 

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including: 

Internet connectivity has been lost. 
The website is temporarily unavailable. 
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. 
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. 
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section. 

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds 

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view. 

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages) 

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline. 
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

what do you get with FireFox?

how big is the file it creates? (# lines & filesize)

I know you said never mind, but two issues. if you only have 50 product, you don't need to upload-and-split, just do a regular upload-insert. second is you have a double slash in the file not found warning: /home/guysgift/public_html//temp/ep_split1.txt.

that means you have the temp folder setting not set right.

looks like you have mod_bandwidth installed. It has the ability to limit per connection, per file, etc. I'm still leaning toward a hosting issue. do you have access to the httpd.conf on your server? What mod_bandwidth options are set for this virtual host? mod_bandwidth docs

Hello again,

I have contacted my host and they have enlightened me to some more error logs:

So that you don't have to look back here is my problem:

When I try to download using EP create on the fly. I can only download 146KB of data but get no error logs.

When I try to create in the temp dir I get a 500 internal server error and these log entries:

[Thu Mar 27 22:43:23 2008] [error] [client 74.220.195.150] Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php, referer: https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kw...asypopulate.php

[Thu Mar 27 22:43:23 2008] [error] [client 74.220.195.150] File does not exist: /home/kwdhomec/public_html/500.shtml, referer: https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kw...asypopulate.php

My host told me that this is a scripting error, there is nothing that is limiting my http downloads.

Here is my information:

PHP Version:

5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

PHP Settings:

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 200M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

Server OS:

Linux 2.6.22-9_1.BHsmp

HTTP Server:

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

EP settings:

EP vers: 2.76e

Temp Dir:

/home/kwdhomec/public_html/kwdhasit/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 30000 records

Model Num Size: 30

HTC: true

Thanks!

Hello again,

I have contacted my host and they have enlightened me to some more error logs:

So that you don't have to look back here is my problem:

When I try to download using EP create on the fly. I can only download 146KB of data but get no error logs.

When I try to create in the temp dir I get a 500 internal server error and these log entries:

[Thu Mar 27 22:43:23 2008] [error] [client 74.220.195.150] Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php, referer: https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kw...asypopulate.php

[Thu Mar 27 22:43:23 2008] [error] [client 74.220.195.150] File does not exist: /home/kwdhomec/public_html/500.shtml, referer: https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kw...asypopulate.php

My host told me that this is a scripting error, there is nothing that is limiting my http downloads.

Here is my information:

PHP Version:

5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

PHP Settings:

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 200M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

Server OS:

Linux 2.6.22-9_1.BHsmp

HTTP Server:

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

EP settings:

EP vers: 2.76e

Temp Dir:

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 30000 records

HTC: true

Thanks!

and you said it works just fine on the main domain, just not on the sub-domain?

honestly, there is just not enough information to determine the problem. The error doesn't point to anything specific enough.

how about posting a link to the file you're getting.

one thing I notice is your host space is register_globals=off. v2.76e in not register_globals=off compatible. But you would be have many more problems then that. you should upgrade to v2.76g.

what osCommerce version are you using?

Edited by surfalot

and you said it works just fine on the main domain, just not on the sub-domain?

honestly, there is just not enough information to determine the problem. The error doesn't point to anything specific enough.

one thing I notice is your host space is register_globals=off. v2.76e in not register_globals=off compatible. But you would be have many more problems then that. you should upgrade to v2.76g.

what osCommerce version are you using?

I should also mention that EP v2.76e works just fine on my test store on another sub domain. I upgraded to 2.76g last night and tried again. I get the exact same problem.

Here are the new settings:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

DB: MySQL 5.0.45-community-log

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

Temp Dir is Writable

What causes a "Premature end of script headers:" error?

I should also mention that EP v2.76e works just fine on my test store on another sub domain. I upgraded to 2.76g last night and tried again. I get the exact same problem.

What causes a "Premature end of script headers:" error?

too many things to even guess. (actually, I hate to say it, but that furthers my suspect its a host thing) :P

can you eliminate a data problem by running this subdomain with the same source and the same data?

Edited by surfalot

create in the temp dir I get a 500 internal server error and these log entries:

I guess, most often this is associated with wrong permissions on servers. maybe your temp folder doesn't have the correct permissions for a php script to write to.

this is a very general error that directly means an error occurred that the server doesn't have a specific error handler for. just to vague.

Edited by surfalot

too many things to even guess. (actually, I hate to say it, but that furthers my suspect its a host thing) :P

can you eliminate a data problem by running this subdomain with the same source and the same data?

- I will try.

I will contact my host again. Are there any questions you can recommend that I can ask? I will post a link to the file, but I don;t think it will do any good. It always stops on the character that makes the file 149,567 bytes. It even takes different amounts of time to make the files.

Here is a complete "on the fly file" here is a custom "on the fly file" with no options selected.

Thanks.

- I will try.

I will contact my host again. Are there any questions you can recommend that I can ask? I will post a link to the file, but I don;t think it will do any good. It always stops on the character that makes the file 149,567 bytes. It even takes different amounts of time to make the files.

Here is a complete "on the fly file" here is a custom "on the fly file" with no options selected.

Thanks.

as you say, the script is barfing at ~146K, but even further, exactly to the byte: 149,567 bytes each time.

if it were a script problem, or a data problem, I can't even imagine what would cause that. I'm still leaning to a host issue terminating the script early (something above the webspace, such as a bandwidth limit or resources limit). the Internal Server error woudl trigger for a script that was terminated by the apache or the OS for whatever reason.

Edited by surfalot

as you say, the script is barfing at ~146K, but even further, exactly to the byte: 149,567 bytes each time.

if it were a script problem, or a data problem, I can't even imagine what would cause that. I'm still leaning to a host issue terminating the script early (something above the webspace, such as a bandwidth limit or resources limit). the Internal Server error woudl trigger for a script that was terminated by the apache or the OS for whatever reason.

I know for sure it's not a hosting problem now. I know it's confusing, but I hope you can follow my description as follows:

Ok, I moved the kwdhasit store to a new subdomain (I'll call it STORE A ) and tried again. I got the exact same problems. I then moved the kwdhome store to a subdomain (STORE B ) and set it up for a shared SSL instead of the private SSL. It worked just fine. I tried using the DB from STORE B with STORE A and still got the errors on STORE A. I also tried the db from STORE A on STORE B and it worked just fine. This tells me that there is a scripting error somewhere in STORE A and kwdhasit. The only option I seem to have right now is compare each file 1 by 1 until I find the error. I can rule out the SQL databases, .htaccess, easypopulate.php, application_top.php, and both configuration.php files, as I have tried swapping these files already.

Any other ideas?

My guess is that there is a typo somewhere.

Edited by rs2k