Category depth: 4

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

my Shop is holding 140.000 Products in 2360 Categories. When i try to export (for example just the name of the products) it starts but the file is not generated in the temp dir. When i try to use the on-the-fly function it starts to download but the file is not complete (round about 100.000 products are included).

I Have raised the php settings for:

php_value memory_limit to 100M

php_value max_execution_time to 7200

and i have no Products without a Categorie in the Database

but it makes no difference. Can anybody help me on this problem? What can i do? Is there any Dump option in EP to find the error, when the file is generated?

rgs

Jan

I congratulate you for doing the reading! :thumbsup: What I am trying to point out is that section called "how to ask for help" that you have conveniently clipped from your post. I had to download the v2.76f again just to make sure its not just me going loosing my mind. :blink: Obviously since you have a download problem, #4 can be omitted.

Maybe you can help me. What would make that section clearer?

Clearly its not clear since 1 in 1000 actually follows through. :blush: As if I'm psychic and I know how everyone has there server and settings setup !! :lol:

At the moment I can't come up with any scenario in which the problem you are reported would develop, which of course it the main reason you didn't get a further reply. If it only happens on your sub domains, you should be talking to your host about apache/php restrictions that may be causing this. That is, if it works in one place, but not another, on the same host with the same data, I'd be talking with the host.

I made a slight error in my post. I actually have EP v 2.76e. I did not have a "how to ask for help" section in my read me file. I downloaded 2.76f and found the "how to ask for help" section.

Here is more information for you:

PHP Version:

5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

PHP Settings:

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 200M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

Server OS:

Linux 2.6.22-9_1.BHsmp

HTTP Server:

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

EP settings:

EP vers: 2.76e

Temp Dir:

/home/kwdhomec/public_html/kwdhasit/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 30000 records

Model Num Size: 30

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

HTC: true

=======================================================================

Download on the fly:

No errors. just can only download 146 KB (149,567 bytes), no matter what options I choose to download.

The log entry goes to kwdhome.com, not kwdhasit.kwdhome.com

kwdhome.com Access log show:

Please note, I modified the IP and date information:

HOST.MONSTER.IP - MY.USER.NAME [DATE.OF.OCCURRENCE:TIME.OF.OCCURRENCE -TIME.ZONE] "GET /~kwdhomec/kwdhasit/admin/easypopulate.php HTTP/1.0" 200 63909 "https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kwdhasit/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12"

Create then download:

Internal Server Error 500:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at 74.220.222.244 Port 443

HOST.MONSTER.IP - - [DATE.OF.OCCURRENCE:TIME.OF.OCCURRENCE-TIME ZONE] "GET /~kwdhomec/kwdhasit/admin/easypopulate.php?download=stream&dltype=custom&epcust_category_filter=&epcust_manufacturer_filter=&epcust_status_filter=&submit=Build+File HTTP/1.0" 404 2605 "https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kwdhasit/admin/easypopulate.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12"

Create in Temp Dir:

Internal Server Error 500:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at 74.220.222.244 Port 443

HOST.MONSTER.IP - - [DATE.OF.OCCURRENCE:TIME.OF.OCCURRENCE-TIME ZONE] "GET /~kwdhomec/kwdhasit/admin/easypopulate.php?download=tempfile&dltype=custom&epcust_category_filter=&epcust_manufacturer_filter=&epcust_status_filter=&submit=Build+File HTTP/1.0" 404 2605 "https://secure.hostmonster.com/~kwdhomec/kwdhasit/admin/easypopulate.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12"

I made a slight error in my post. I actually have EP v 2.76e. I did not have a "how to ask for help" section in my read me file. I downloaded 2.76f and found the "how to ask for help" section.

looks like you have mod_bandwidth installed. It has the ability to limit per connection, per file, etc. I'm still leaning toward a hosting issue. do you have access to the httpd.conf on your server? What mod_bandwidth options are set for this virtual host? mod_bandwidth docs

my Shop is holding 140.000 Products in 2360 Categories. When i try to export (for example just the name of the products) it starts but the file is not generated in the temp dir. When i try to use the on-the-fly function it starts to download but the file is not complete (round about 100.000 products are included).

I Have raised the php settings for:

php_value memory_limit to 100M

php_value max_execution_time to 7200

and i have no Products without a Categorie in the Database

but it makes no difference. Can anybody help me on this problem? What can i do? Is there any Dump option in EP to find the error, when the file is generated?

what is your PHP vers, database type & vers, Apache vers?, OS type and version?

there is nothing like a dump for php. if you server has been configured this way, you need to look for a file on your server in the same folder as easypopulate.php call "error_log". Or look at the end of the file EP is generating for the error.

I'm assuming you have tried to increase the max_execution_time and that your file generation is not stopping right at that max.

try this...

find in easypopulate.php...

//*******************************
// DOWNLOAD FILE (EXPORT)
if ( !empty($_GET['download']) && ($_GET['download'] == 'stream' or $_GET['download'] == 'activestream' or $_GET['download'] == 'tempfile') ){
 $filestring = ""; // this holds the csv file we want to download
 $result = tep_db_query($filelayout_sql);
 $row =  tep_db_fetch_array($result);

add just after that this...

$counter = 1;
 while ($row){
   $row =  tep_db_fetch_array($result);
   $counter++;
 }
 echo 'records='.$counter;
 exit;

Run an export to the temp directory. It should just display a number, then quit.

remove that code and post the number of records.

Also, please time the execution and let me know the approximate time it took to come back with the number.

Edited by surfalot

This is my EP settings:

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/easyaven/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Ok my problem is that when I try to upload my excel file, this is the message i get:

********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Shoes'' at line 8

SELECT cat.categories_id FROM categories as cat, categories_description as des WHERE cat.categories_id = des.categories_id AND des.language_id = 1 AND cat.parent_id = 0 AND des.categories_name = 'Men's Shoes'

********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

But when I upload the same file, without the attributes, categories and manufacturer, everything works fine. Basically I can only modify the quantity, the price, the name and the product's image.

How can i fix this problem?

This is my EP settings:

Temp Dir:

/home/easyaven/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Ok my problem is that when I try to upload my excel file, this is the message i get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Shoes'' at line 8

SELECT cat.categories_id FROM categories as cat, categories_description as des WHERE cat.categories_id = des.categories_id AND des.language_id = 1 AND cat.parent_id = 0 AND des.categories_name = 'Men's Shoes'

But when I upload the same file, without the attributes, categories and manufacturer, everything works fine. Basically I can only modify the quantity, the price, the name and the product's image.

How can i fix this problem?

that's a bug in that version. change lines in easypopulate.php

find line 2271:

des.categories_name = '" . $thiscategoryname . "'";

replace with:

des.categories_name = '" . tep_db_input($thiscategoryname) . "'";

find line 2323:

'$thiscategoryname'

replace with:

'".tep_db_input($thiscategoryname)."'

that's a bug in that version. change lines in easypopulate.php

find line 2271:

des.categories_name = '" . $thiscategoryname . "'";

replace with:

des.categories_name = '" . tep_db_input($thiscategoryname) . "'";

find line 2323:

'$thiscategoryname'

replace with:

'".tep_db_input($thiscategoryname)."'

It's still not working. The message this time is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's' where products_options_values_id ='1' and language_id = '1'' at line 1

update products_options_values set products_options_values_name = '8 US Men's' where products_options_values_id ='1' and language_id = '1'

It's still not working. The message this time is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's' where products_options_values_id ='1' and language_id = '1'' at line 1

update products_options_values set products_options_values_name = '8 US Men's' where products_options_values_id ='1' and language_id = '1'

find line 2720

$attribute_values_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . $$v_attribute_values_name_var . "')";

replace with

$attribute_values_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . tep_db_input($$v_attribute_values_name_var) . "')";

find line 2744

$attribute_values_lang_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . $$v_attribute_values_name_var . "')";

replace with

$attribute_values_lang_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . tep_db_input($$v_attribute_values_name_var) . "')";

find line 2748

$attribute_values_update_query = "update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " set products_options_values_name = '" . $$v_attribute_values_name_var . "' where products_options_values_id ='" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$lid . "'";

replace with

$attribute_values_update_query = "update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " set products_options_values_name = '" . tep_db_input($$v_attribute_values_name_var) . "' where products_options_values_id ='" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$lid . "'";

find line 2720

$attribute_values_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . $$v_attribute_values_name_var . "')";

replace with

$attribute_values_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . tep_db_input($$v_attribute_values_name_var) . "')";

find line 2744

$attribute_values_lang_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . $$v_attribute_values_name_var . "')";

replace with

$attribute_values_lang_insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) values ('" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "', '" . (int)$lid . "', '" . tep_db_input($$v_attribute_values_name_var) . "')";

find line 2748

$attribute_values_update_query = "update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " set products_options_values_name = '" . $$v_attribute_values_name_var . "' where products_options_values_id ='" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$lid . "'";

replace with

$attribute_values_update_query = "update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " set products_options_values_name = '" . tep_db_input($$v_attribute_values_name_var) . "' where products_options_values_id ='" . (int)$$v_attribute_values_id_var . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$lid . "'";

Thank you sooooo much! Everything is working fine now. Thank you again surfalot!

Everything is working fine with one exception. When it imports, not only does it add the products to the defined categories, but it dumps every single one of them in the Top category as well. I have read the documentation, searched the forums and cannot find anyone who is experiencing this problem. Here are my settings:

Settings

Temp Dir:

C:/Inetpub/vhosts/spoiledgrandkids.com/httpdocs/onlineshop/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 50

Replace quotes: true

I'm going to go have a drink, take a shower and, hopefully, someone will have the answer for me soon.

Thanks!

Everything is working fine with one exception. When it imports, not only does it add the products to the defined categories, but it dumps every single one of them in the Top category as well. I have read the documentation, searched the forums and cannot find anyone who is experiencing this problem. Here are my settings:

Settings

Temp Dir:

C:/Inetpub/vhosts/spoiledgrandkids.com/httpdocs/onlineshop/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 50

I'm going to go have a drink, take a shower and, hopefully, someone will have the answer for me soon.

Thanks!

I need additional information. See the "how to ask for help" section of the manual with that version.

I need additional information. See the "how to ask for help" section of the manual with that version.

Sorry, I thought I got it all, obviously in too big of a hurry to get in the shower. PHEW!

PHP 5

Windows Server

See above

I receive no error message, everything uploads fine. It just adds to the Top category.

Link to data... http://www.spoiledgrandkids.com/data_link.htm

That's it. I appreciate your help.

Sorry, I thought I got it all, obviously in too big of a hurry to get in the shower. PHEW!

PHP 5

Windows Server

See above

I receive no error message, everything uploads fine. It just adds to the Top category.

Link to data... http://www.spoiledgrandkids.com/data_link.htm

That's it. I appreciate your help.

you have to start your category structure with v_categories_name_1.

since there is nothing in that column, the prods get set to the root cat.

_1 is the root, _2 is a subcat of the root, _3 is a subcat of _2, etc..

you have to start your category structure with v_categories_name_1.

since there is nothing in that column, the prods get set to the root cat.

_1 is the root, _2 is a subcat of the root, _3 is a subcat of _2, etc..

That was actually a test to see if I could bypass the root. I have uploaded it, moved the categoies to v_categories_name_1 and am still having the same results. I have read that as long as the product has a unique item number, it will update and overwrite it, giving it the most current updates. I have verified it does this by changing prices. It just won't take it out of the Top category. Any ideas?

That was actually a test to see if I could bypass the root. I have uploaded it, moved the categoies to v_categories_name_1 and am still having the same results. I have read that as long as the product has a unique item number, it will update and overwrite it, giving it the most current updates. I have verified it does this by changing prices. It just won't take it out of the Top category. Any ideas?

got a new set of data for me to look at?

That was actually a test to see if I could bypass the root.

Wwwwhy? Check that, I don't want to know. Well I appreciate you testing it for us, but had you said that from the beginning it would have save me lotsa time. >_< Stick to the manual and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

It just won't take it out of the Top category. Any ideas?

EP doesn't move products from cat to cat as noted in the last couple pages of this thread. Please do your reading before posting. If you copy a line in your data, then change the category, it places the product in both categories, not change the cat. Same thing happens with subsequent imports with different categories.

your latest data should work fine in a fresh shop. :thumbsup:

if you need to start over you can place a "Delete" in the status column in your next import. Then go again with the data you posted.

Wwwwhy? Check that, I don't want to know. Well I appreciate you testing it for us, but had you said that from the beginning it would have save me lotsa time. >_< Stick to the manual and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

EP doesn't move products from cat to cat as noted in the last couple pages of this thread. Please do your reading before posting. If you copy a line in your data, then change the category, it places the product in both categories, not change the cat. Same thing happens with subsequent imports with different categories.

your latest data should work fine in a fresh shop. :thumbsup:

if you need to start over you can place a "Delete" in the status column in your next import. Then go again with the data you posted.

That worked just fine. Thanks for all your help and, sorry for any hassle I caused you. Hopefully the next person will have it more together than I did. I do appreciate it.

Hi All,

Was wondering if someone might be able to help me with getting EP to work with "NewFields-may19-05". I started with OSC 2.2 rc1, created 3 fields in my products table (products_upc, products_ingredients, products_nutrition), and manually

made the PHP edits very carefully and EP still wasn't able to batch update any new field data. However, I am able to manually add/update new field data to each product through the admin side so I know that the DB table is fine. The customer front HTML output also reflects the added/updated data correctly.

Then I applied JangoF's edits (as seen at the bottom of this post) to a pre-"NewFields-may19-05" version of easypopulate.php. I tried this and rechecked my easypopulate.php file several times to make sure I didn't make any silly boo-boos. Unfortunately, my EP still isn't updating/adding the new field data even though it appears that EP successfully executes an update. I've been working on this for the last week and am really close, but not quite there yet. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot for any help or insight anyone may be able to offer :thumbsup:

Here's some of my Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 parameters:

Temp Dir:

C:/wamp/www/onlinewarehouse//temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 1300 records

Field seperator: pipe

Enable attributes: false

SPPC: true

I dunno if anyone posted this here yet, but since I just posted this in another topic, here is a simple way to add your own field to ep:

Open easypopulate.php:

1. Find $default_these = array(

-add your field in the list

2. Find the first ocurrence of // build the categories name section of the array based on the number of categores the user wants to have

A few lines below, find $filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, array(

3. Just below that, find $filelayout_sql = "SELECT

4. Find // now do a query to get the record's current contents

-add your field to the list

5. Find $query = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." (

-add your field to the list

That's should be all ;)

Edited by jillzoo

Hi all,

I've installed EP 2.76e, followed the manual for the install to the best on my knowledge. In fact just reinstalled.

Whenever I do any functions in EP it dumps me out to the admin login screen.

On export, I get the file in the /temp/ directory, dumped to the login screen. On logging in, I then get a page with just the message:

You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/temp/EPEP2008Mar11-0707.csv

The exported file looks ok.

When I try to import the exported file of the default OSC data (or in fact any file) I get dumped to the admin login screen, then after logging in I get the EP screen and no message. Also no import of data.

My questions are:

1) Is getting put to the admin login screen normal behaviour for EP?

2) Is the blank screen with the EP messages a normal behaviour?

3) Any ideas on why this is happening?

As per manual, here's my data:

1) PHP Version

Linux 2.6.22-hardened-r8 & PHP Version 5.2.5

2) EP Settings

EP vers: 2.76e

Temp Dir:

/home/bedarin1/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 35

Price with tax: true

3) Error message

None

4) Link to a sample of any upload file

http://ans22.midphase.com/~bedarin1/temp/E...8Mar08-2109.csv

Other contributions/addons loaded:

eway payment module v1.1

bartercard payment module

missing images report

AJAX attribute manager

Product Attributes Sort Order

Any ideas on what I should try now (other than giving up and going home)?

Cheers

Tony

Hi all,

I've installed EP 2.76e, followed the manual for the install to the best on my knowledge. In fact just reinstalled.

Whenever I do any functions in EP it dumps me out to the admin login screen....

Ok, just realised I was running a non-surfalot version (gasp!), so have now installed EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1.

Same problem. Just get dumped out to the admin login screen with no messages and no uploaded data.

New EP config data:

Temp Dir:

/home/bedarin1/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 35

Price with tax: true

Cheers

Tony

Ok, just realised I was running a non-surfalot version (gasp!)

OH, how could you! :lol:

have now installed EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1.

Same problem. Just get dumped out to the admin login screen with no messages and no uploaded data.

yup, if you are using the latest osC w/admin login and register globals off, then this is what will happen. No fix at the moment. The EP menu will need to be reworked with the session id added.

I had been thinking that all you need to do is login and the admin will kick you back to the correct URI and EP does its thing. This isn't true with the upload? Maybe the post data gets lost. Try uploading the file to the temp folder and running the import from there from the temp folder.

yup, if you are using the latest osC w/admin login and register globals off, then this is what will happen. No fix at the moment. The EP menu will need to be reworked with the session id added.

I had been thinking that all you need to do is login and the admin will kick you back to the correct URI and EP does its thing. This isn't true with the upload? Maybe the post data gets lost. Try uploading the file to the temp folder and running the import from there from the temp folder.

Have tried both the upload version and from the temp directory. Same result unfortunately :( .

Cheers

Tony

Have tried both the upload version and from the temp directory. Same result unfortunately :( .

Cheers

Tony

you didn't provide a whole lotta environment detail with your initial post does " latest osC w/admin login and register globals off" describe you? I know the register globals off is correct.

Edited by surfalot

Hello all,

After so much searching I gave up and I'm asking for help: I'm mounting ver 2.78 of EasyP. (one package with italian language). Everything seems to work smoothly but I occur in 2 different problems when I'm inserting into the DB my EP file.

1) the product is correctly uploaded because I can see it in oscommerce's front-end but I do not see the product in the admin/catalog page.

2) the product's category is not displayed and the product itself it is not located in the category where it should be.

I guess the problem has something to do with multi-languages settings. Infact I have tried changing the category name field from "v_categories_name_1" to "v_categories_name_4" and even to "v_categories_name_1_language_4", but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Yak39