• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hello,

Did you go through the configuration in EP? This (products_head_title_tag) is for the contribution Linda's Header Controller 2.0.

JR

JR, thanss for your help

yes i did follow step by step but i don't get it as to what is going on. What else can i do?

thanks

Henry

I've got Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 installed, and can download the txt file to edit.

I get a few error messages when I try to Upload and Import EP File.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/shop/temp/EP2007Sep28-1503.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpLJRGWw' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/shop/temp/EP2007Sep28-1503.txt' in /var/www/html/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpLJRGWw

User filename: EP2007Sep28-1503.txt

Size: 56496

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/shop/temp/EP2007Sep28-1503.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Ok I have been searching through this forum for over a week now and I keep getting close to my answer only to see the one thing i hate (LOL) "please search the topic for answers to this.

I think that the problem that i have is that the location of my store is not in the standard location hense the fact that the Temp folder cannot be located Here is the exact error that i am getting I would really be in debt if anyone can assist me with this issue or point me to the answer. thanks allot in advance....

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2008Jan21-1604.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/sexualco/sexualcomings.com/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpv20C3o' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2008Jan21-1604.txt' in /hsphere/local/home/sexualco/sexualcomings.com/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpv20C3o

User filename: EP2008Jan21-1604.txt

Size: 1180

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2008Jan21-1604.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/sexualco/sexualcomings.com/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/sexualco/sexualcomings.com/store/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

quick answers for people been redirected to the login page each time they use easypopulate

I had my admin/include/configure.php with a / at the end of the site url

comparing with another one, I decided to remove the trailing / and have no problems anymore

this is due to the sessions ID that is different if you have a trailing / or not, so play with it and you should find the best setting for your site

below is an example of my configure :

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.myserver.com');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.myserver.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.myserver.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/myserver/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/myserver/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/myserver/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
 //sets default image directories
 define('DIR_FS_MANUFACTURERS_IMAGES', 'manufacterers/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATEGORIES_IMAGES', 'categories/');
 define('DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES', 'products/');
 //

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'Iwillnottellyou');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'iamnotcrazy');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'osc22rc1');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

anyone that want to improve on this, please fell free

reup

Hi, Good Day to All :)

I have been browsing the thread hoping I could find a post which addresses my problem, but still am searching.

My Problem: I have installed EasyPopulate v. 2.76 on a local set-up of my OsCommerce 2.2 site (for testing), with XAMPP handling my webserver, PHP in the background. I have successfully followed the instructions in the manual and already have it as a menu item under catalog in the admin panel. But when I attempt to, say, download the initial tab-delimited text file as an initial step for testing, it does'nt do anything except to what seems refreshing the page. I have defined a temp folder under catalog (which is my root folder) and tried checking its contents after an attempt, but still to no avail. I have adjusted its permissions so that it can be modified and written to.

Am I missing something ?

Please, if this happen to be resembling an existing post that has already been solved, kindly point me there.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Lem

Okay... Just spent the last couple hours or so reading this thread and could not find an answer. I took the exported all TSV file created by EP and manually placed some new product info in it. I did this because I am creating a dynamic TSV file but wanted to make sure it wasn't that. I upload the file. EP says new products are loaded. The categories save fine, but NO product? I just spent the last 10 hours writing perl code to manipulate 3 text files for a client to build this TSV and now I can't get EP to work.

Any help would be great!!!

PLEASE!

I have checked the MySQL account. no products in there, but in product_description their is 1 row entered but none in the v_products

I have .htaccess set with globals on

php.ini file has globals set to on

it is the only contrib I have installed so far.

it does have a blank last row when I am importing it for some reason.

I have gone through the configure settings a couple times.

I hope that is enough to tip you off on what is happening...

Thanks,

Adam

just to let everyone know!!

this Easy Populate Version 2.76f-MS2 is the best thing since sliced bread!!

all in all, it took the best part of an hour to read the instructions (which is highly recomended) install the contribution, download what i had manualy entered through the Admin pannel, add the rest of the items in Excel and then re-upload the new and compleate database as a CSV and guess what

" its all working great "

thank you very very much for this Contribution it makes life a lot easyer

Visit this test Website SHOP

its a standard instalation of osCommerce shop with a few minor changes on the looks / colours

:thumbsup:

Is there a possibility for EP to notice a category change of a product and move the item to the new category?

As far as I can see now the only thing he does is making a duplicate of the item in the new category. He does

not move the product to its new category.

if you put in the colum v_status delete then it will remove that item from that category

and then in the next line add the same item in the new category with Active in v_status

then EP will remove the item from on Category and add to the next!!

you have to follow the rule (logic) of EP then every things works fantastic

When I import a csv file, I only can see the products with English language. (if I add English language later)

My shop is only on language (Danish), but when im on danish Language, the products is gone.

What do I do here? The colums looks like this:

v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;v_products_url_1

Could it be, that English is language id 1, and Danish is something else? How do I see what ID my language has?

Sorry, but I am very new at this and need some help.

I just D/L'd Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 (with attributes) r1, followed the quick install instructions and installed all the files. Made the 'temp' folder in my calalog which is my root folder to my store.

I want to upload my excel file. Now, do I save my Excel spreadsheet file as a '.csv or .txt file? Where exactly do I upload the file to? In my database? via the FTP and to which folder?

Sorry, I am very lost here. I know how to work with excel and have been trying to upload my file but just do not know where to upload it to.

Thank you for the help!

~Annissë

Edited by Annisse

Hi! - Me again. :)

Am still not able to successfully complete the Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit. It still does nothing. I have gone through the manual a dozen of times and have double checked the requirements. :( Am I missing something?

Thanks again in advance,

Lem

Help!!! I am getting the following error after uploading with EP. I am not a programmer and I am just starting to learn PHP. My site is using osCommerce 2.2.060817 with Autoload 4.3. I have seen other post here where the same problem was reported and several report that they were able to resolve this issue but they failed to say "How they fixed this problem. Any help would be appreciated as our site is supposed to be live right now.

The error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '57'

[TEP STOP]

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have tried to look through this forum to find the answer to this issue........ to no avail.

I have read through the entire docs.txt manual inside the contrib and still cannot find the answer.

So...... my question is:

The very first thing I am told to do after installation is go to admin/catalog/EP and choose to "Download a txt file to edit" but, I do not have that option available to me in the "Create then Download Files" box at the bottom of the page as directed.

Before I move on I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Create then Download Files

Create entire file in server memory then stream download after completed.

Download Complete .csv file to edit

Download Model/Price/Qty .csv file to edit

Download Model/Category .csv file to edit

Download Froogle .csv file

Download Model/Attributes .csv file

Settings

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/content/d/i/y/diyaudiosupply/html/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: true

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Hi,

I am loving this contribution, however I have a question and can't seem to find the answer here.

I have a field added to my oscommerce for the UPC, since it is needed to send feeds to google etc.

I am trying to figure out how to add that field to my easy populate uploads. I tried using a field and naming it v_products_upc, since products_upc is the field name in the database.

I did the upload with a test product. Everything added fine, the confirmation message showed that a upc number was in the data uploaded. However, when I go to the actual product, the upc field is still empty. I am new to osc and php and can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

Open easy populate.php and search for extra.

In this case reading the dovumentation won't help as the developer "ran out of time".

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hmm, all kinds of sections with "extra" in it. :huh:

I am not using the extra fields contribution, I have the store feeds contribution that lets you upload all your stuff to various feeds from inside the admin panel.

Sure wish I understood more of this stuff!

Hi,

I am loving this contribution, however I have a question and can't seem to find the answer here.

I have a field added to my oscommerce for the UPC, since it is needed to send feeds to google etc.

I am trying to figure out how to add that field to my easy populate uploads. I tried using a field and naming it v_products_upc, since products_upc is the field name in the database.

I did the upload with a test product. Everything added fine, the confirmation message showed that a upc number was in the data uploaded. However, when I go to the actual product, the upc field is still empty. I am new to osc and php and can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

you could try a search (lower left of this page) for: add field

there have been many posts with an answer to that question. theres a nice one posted on Jan 13 2008

I dunno if anyone posted this here yet, but since I just posted this in another topic, here is a simple way to add your own field to ep:

Open easypopulate.php:

1. Find $default_these = array(

-add your field in the list

2. Find the first ocurrence of // build the categories name section of the array based on the number of categores the user wants to have

A few lines below, find $filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, array(

3. Just below that, find $filelayout_sql = "SELECT

4. Find // now do a query to get the record's current contents

-add your field to the list

5. Find $query = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." (

-add your field to the list

That's should be all ;)

And here is an easy way to SKIP existing products instead of overwriting them:

Open easypopulate.php:

1. Find: // and update the product data

-Replace echo "<font color='black'> Updated</font><br>";

With: echo "<font color='red'> SKU already exists, skipped!</font><br>";

2. Delete/comment out:

$row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);

$query = 'UPDATE '.TABLE_PRODUCTS.'

SET

products_price="'.$v_products_price.

'" ,products_image="'.$v_products_image;

3. A few lines more lines below, delete/comment out:

$query .= '", products_weight="'.$v_products_weight .

'", products_tax_class_id="'.$v_tax_class_id .

'", products_date_available= ' . $v_date_avail .

', products_date_added= ' . $v_date_added .

', products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

, products_quantity="' . $v_products_quantity .

'" ,manufacturers_id=' . $v_manufacturer_id .

' , products_status=' . $v_db_status . '

WHERE

(products_id = "'. $v_products_id . '")';

$result = tep_db_query($query);

That's all ;)

Thanks for the tip on this posting,

I went in and made these changes. However, I don't have any line that says

$filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, array(

as illustrated in step 2.

So I did all the other steps as indicated to add my products_upc field to the download.

I put the fields in the format in each section that existed for that section. for example,

IN the $filelayout_sql = "SELECT section,

the manufacturers field was like this:

p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id,

so I added my field under it

p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id,

p.products_upc as v_products_upc,

I went and did a test product upload with upc code in it, and got this error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpGHSx2G

User filename: test upload upc.csv

Size: 502

| 123-test | test produ | a test pro | | | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1/22/2008 | Warner | DVD Movies | category_d | Comedy | subcategor | 7817358021 | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id, products_upc ) VALUES ( NULL, '123-test', '1', '1', '2008-02-01 10:15:13', '2008-01-22 10:38:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1', '1', '1', 3)

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas what that means, column count doesn't match value count at row 1?

Thanks again for everyones help