• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Try use text editor for edit .csv files. Exclude atributes from importing, or exclude some of atributes to pass excel max column numbers by grouping products in small groups.

Hi

good day. How we will group the products in small groups? I don't know how to do it?

I also search with forums but i does not have any idea.

Any one know please help me.

Senthil Kumar R

Here i had nearly 3200 columns in my CSV file as an attributes.

hi to all

If there is any possible to split the .csv file based on their columns?

i have 3200 columns in my csv file. If it is possible means then i split the 3200 column of a single file into 4 or 5 files(each file has 700 columns to 800 columns).

Please any on help me.

Edited by senthilkumar

Senthil Kumar R

Hi everybody

I have 3200 columns in my .csv file. What i done so far is

For example

Product name - A which has following specifications

Specification

Heading 1

Label 1 - Value 1

Label 2 - Value 2

Label 3 - Value 3

Label 4 - Value 4

Heading 2

Label 5 - Value 5

Label 6 - Value 6

Label 7 - Value 7

Heading 3

Label 8 - Value 8

Label 9 - Value 9

Label 10 - Value 10

Likewise all the product have any number of specifications which is different from other products. So before developing the website i decided that attribution is easy way to do. In that time i really don't know that csv file can have 3200 columns. Now the site is ready for live but EP with 3200 columns in csv file give big problem to me.

If there is any other contributions are available to get the above product specification structure easily? or please advice me how to split the csv file based on their columns not based on their rows.

Senthil Kumar R

Hi to all,

I am using easy populate. I also added the product attribute option type feature.

While Upload and Export is it possible to fetch the values of product attribute option type feature from 'product option' table to EP csv file?

If there is any contribution are available for this process?

please any one suggest me.

Thanks for your big help.

Senthil Kumar R

i installed this contribution today and i tried to export the data and when it was done it left me on a blank page.

now when i try to access my admin page it thinks for a long time and then leaves me on a blank page...

need help ASAP!!

it gives me the white page after i try to create the file and says "Done" in the bottom left of the browser

then for like 5min it wont let me in the admin section of the site...

then it randomly will let me in and it happens every time i try to export

I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden i have an issue with importing.

i can export fine and used to be able to import fine as well. But now when importing as soon as i click import it waits and then takes me to the login page does anyone know what might cause this?

i installed a whole new cart and added EP and same issue.

Thanks in advance for any help

when importing as soon as i click import it waits and then takes me to the login page does anyone know what might cause this?

Hi

Please check if the OscAdminId is passed on the url.

I thought that, all the process (export and import) is based on the values passed in variable 'action' at your url.

In the easypopulate.php track that action, then put exit command. now u does not meet any action then check your url values if the OscAdminId is passed or not.

Senthil Kumar R

I tried to look through this thread but I gave up with so many posts. I'm using product attributes in the the function of: 1 item: 2.99, 6-pack: 27.5, 12-pack:43.24. However when I click on the product in my store and choose the size of "1 item" and checkout it adds the initial product price in addition to the product attribute. Is there a way I can fix this? I want to have to customers to have the ability to choose from these options. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am using 2.76f and only seem to be having trouble after installing Ultra Pics, and I have gone through the modified EP file, but can not find the error. This is from a EP dump and reimport. So all is fresh from the database.

Error:

| MSIMPRO | Microsoft | Every elem | www.micros | microsoft/ | 500 | 100.0000 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 0.0000 | 0 | 400.0000 | 1 | 300.0000 | 2 | | | 0 | 7.00 | | 2007-08-07 | Warner | Hardware | category_h | Mice | subcategor | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 0, 0.0000, 3 )

------------------------------------------------------

FP Text File:

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_image v_products_price v_products_cost v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2 v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3 v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4 v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5 v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6 v_customer_price_1 v_customer_group_id_1 v_customer_price_2 v_customer_group_id_2 v_customer_price_3 v_customer_group_id_3 v_customer_price_4 v_customer_group_id_4 v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_image_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

MSIMPRO Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro Every element of IntelliMouse Pro - from its unique arched shape to the texture of the rubber grip around its base - is the product of extensive customer and ergonomic research. Microsoft's popular wheel control, which now allows zooming and universal scrolling functions, gives IntelliMouse Pro outstanding comfort and efficiency. www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/intellimouse.asp microsoft/msimpro.gif 500 100.0000 0.0000 0 400.0000 1 300.0000 2 0 7.00 2007-08-07 15:14:08 Warner Hardware category_hardware.gif Mice subcategory_mice.gif Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

MSIMEXP Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Microsoft introduces its most advanced mouse, the IntelliMouse Explorer! IntelliMouse Explorer features a sleek design, an industrial-silver finish, a glowing red underside and taillight, creating a style and look unlike any other mouse. IntelliMouse Explorer combines the accuracy and reliability of Microsoft IntelliEye optical tracking technology, the convenience of two new customizable function buttons, the efficiency of the scrolling wheel and the comfort of expert ergonomic design. All these great features make this the best mouse for the PC! www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/explorer.asp microsoft/imexplorer.gif 500 0.0000 ofn19004.jpg ofn19004.jpg ofn19028.jpg ofn19028.jpg ofn28001.jpg ofn28001.jpg 0.0000 0 400.0000 1 300.0000 2 21 1.00 2007-08-07 15:14:08 Microsoft Hardware category_hardware.gif Mice subcategory_mice.gif Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks JR

Hello Again,

As per above issue, to make things easier, I downloaded the default version of EP2.76F, I still get the below error,

| ABC28001 | Special Ge | Special Ge | | abc28001.j | 20 | 0.0000 | 0 | 12.0000 | 1 | 12.0000 | 2 | | | 100 | 0.30 | | 2007-11-09 | Canon | Parts | abc19001.j | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 0, 0.0000, 40 )

------------------------------------------

csv file,

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_url_1,v_p

roducts_image,v_products_price,v_customer_price_1,v_customer_group_id_1,v_custome

r_price_2,v_customer_group_id_2,v_customer_price_3,v_customer_group_id_3,v_custom

er_price_4,v_customer_group_id_4,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_ava

il,v_date_added,v_manufacturers_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_image_1,v_c

ategories_name_2,v_categories_image_2,v_categories_name_3,v_categories_image_3,v_

categories_name_4,v_categories_image_4,v_categories_name_5,v_categories_image_5,v

_categories_name_6,v_categories_image_6,v_categories_name_7,v_categories_image_7,

v_tax_class_title,v_status,EOREOR

"ABC28001","Special Gear Box","Special Gear Box","","abc28001.jpg","20","0.0000","0","12.0000","1","12.0000","2","","","100","0.30","","2007-11-09 11:08:07","Canon","Parts","abc19001.jpg","","","","","","","","","","","","","Taxable Goods","Active",EOREOR

Thanks JR

Hello Again,

As per above issue, to make things easier, I downloaded the default version of EP2.76F, I still get the below error,

| ABC28001 | Special Ge | Special Ge | | abc28001.j | 20 | 0.0000 | 0 | 12.0000 | 1 | 12.0000 | 2 | | | 100 | 0.30 | | 2007-11-09 | Canon | Parts | abc19001.j | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

------------------------------------------

csv file,

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_url_1,v_p

roducts_image,v_products_price,v_customer_price_1,v_customer_group_id_1,v_custome

r_price_2,v_customer_group_id_2,v_customer_price_3,v_customer_group_id_3,v_custom

er_price_4,v_customer_group_id_4,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_ava

il,v_date_added,v_manufacturers_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_image_1,v_c

ategories_name_2,v_categories_image_2,v_categories_name_3,v_categories_image_3,v_

categories_name_4,v_categories_image_4,v_categories_name_5,v_categories_image_5,v

_categories_name_6,v_categories_image_6,v_categories_name_7,v_categories_image_7,

v_tax_class_title,v_status,EOREOR

"ABC28001","Special Gear Box","Special Gear Box","","abc28001.jpg","20","0.0000","0","12.0000","1","12.0000","2","","","100","0.30","","2007-11-09 11:08:07","Canon","Parts","abc19001.jpg","","","","","","","","","","","","","Taxable Goods","Active",EOREOR

Thanks JR

This article may help - http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-tutes/tutorial_My...Value_Count.php

Hi everyone,

I just encountered a problem using EP.

I am building a shop that has products of different kind, this means that they can have various attributes each with 10 or more options.

today it has happened for the first time that the excel file couldn't write all the option in a single row, so I thought "ok.. I will upload the attributes for the same product using 2 text file instead than just one".

well.. I can't.

I will make an example to simplify. I have a first file with a set of attributes (Colours) like this (I'll write in colums rather than lines to make it more readable):

v_attribute_options_id_1 1

v_attribute_options_name_1_4 Colore

v_attribute_options_name_1_5 Colour

v_attribute_values_id_1_1 1080

v_attribute_values_price_1_1 0

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_4 Nero/Bianco

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_5 Black/White

and so on...

Then I have a second file with a different set of attributes (sizes). The second file doesn't have the columns of the previous option/attributes.

v_attribute_options_id_2 2

v_attribute_options_name_2_4 Taglia

v_attribute_options_name_2_5 Size

v_attribute_values_id_2_1 2005

v_attribute_values_price_2_1 0

v_attribute_values_name_2_1_4 S

v_attribute_values_name_2_1_5 S

and so on...

I thought that the two files should "overlap" each other and add the second set of attributes to the first one. But when I do upload the 2 files I can only see the first set of attributes.

I've deleted the products and tried inverting the files (loading the file #2 first) and -even more strange!- the second set would still not load!!

The only way to make EP load the second file is to add in it also the columns

v_attribute_options_name_1_4 Colore

v_attribute_options_name_1_5 Colour

Is that normal?

I'm a bit afraid, as I think in the end I will have over 30 sets of attributes!! Does it mean that to add the 30th set I have to keep in the files all the 3 essential columns for each of the 29 previous attributes??

Gosh.. hope I was able to explain the problem...

is there any way to fix this?

If someone needs it I could post the code of my EP file.

thanks for any help!

Stefano

Nobody had this problem before?

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I checked it out, and from all I can see, amount of data equals the amount of table inserts???

Thanks JR

You have

v_customer_price_1

There is probably a formula that calls for > 0

Change v_customer_price_1 for a value of 1 or above and see what happens.

Hey jrvs,

Thanks for the reply. Tried that, but still get the error. Seems to import the fist product fine, but after that the error occurs??

Size: 2533

| MSIMPRO | Microsoft | Every elem | www.micros | microsoft/ | 500 | 125 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 300 | 1 | 200 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 7 | 11/30/1999 | 8/7/2007 1 | Warner | Hardware | category_h | Mice | subcategor | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 300, 3 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

EP File txt

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_image v_products_price v_products_cost v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2 v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3 v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4 v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5 v_products_image_sm_6 v_customer_price_1 v_customer_group_id_1 v_customer_price_2 v_customer_group_id_2 v_customer_price_3 v_customer_group_id_3 v_customer_price_4 v_customer_group_id_4 v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_image_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

MSIMPRO Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro Every element of IntelliMouse Pro - from its unique arched shape to the texture of the rubber grip around its base - is the product of extensive customer and ergonomic research. Microsofts popular wheel control which now allows zooming and universal scrolling functions gives IntelliMouse Pro outstanding comfort and efficiency. www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/intellimouse.asp microsoft/msimpro.gif 500 125 300 1 200 2 0 3 0 4 0 7 11/30/1999 0:00 8/7/2007 15:14 Warner Hardware category_hardware.gif Mice subcategory_mice.gif Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

MSIMEXP Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Microsoft introduces its most advanced mouse the IntelliMouse Explorer! IntelliMouse Explorer features a sleek design an industrial-silver finish a glowing red underside and taillight creating a style and look unlike any other mouse. IntelliMouse Explorer combines the accuracy and reliability of Microsoft IntelliEye optical tracking technology the convenience of two new customizable function buttons the efficiency of the scrolling wheel and the comfort of expert ergonomic design. All these great features make this the best mouse for the PC! www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/explorer.asp microsoft/imexplorer.gif 500 125 ofn19004.jpg ofn19004.jpg ofn19028.jpg ofn19028.jpg ofn28001.jpg ofn28001.jpg 300 1 200 2 0 3 0 4 21 1 11/30/1999 0:00 8/7/2007 15:14 Microsoft Hardware category_hardware.gif Mice subcategory_mice.gif Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

OFN19001 OFNA Crown Gear OFNA Crown Gear ofn19001.jpg 20 5 15 1 10 2 0 3 0 4 100 0.03 11/30/1999 0:00 11/9/2007 11:04 Canon Parts ofn19001.jpg Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks JR

Hey jrvs,

Thanks for the reply. Tried that, but still get the error. Seems to import the fist product fine, but after that the error occurs??

Size: 2533

| MSIMPRO | Microsoft | Every elem | www.micros | microsoft/ | 500 | 125 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 300 | 1 | 200 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 7 | 11/30/1999 | 8/7/2007 1 | Warner | Hardware | category_h | Mice | subcategor | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 300, 3 )

Thanks JR

Hi JR:

I would read again the "Easypopulate Manual" – at some point the (very mean) person advises:

It doesn't work!

First, look for really obvious problems with your file.

1. Did you download a file via EasyPopulate first? If not, do that now.

2. Compare the file you're trying to upload to the file you downloaded. Look for missing fields. Ignore the quotes, EP won't care about missing quotes. Open it in a text editor instead of excel. (Jrvs = I copy all from the text file and then I paste it in Excel – is easier to read). Look for odd characters that shouldn't be there.

Second, simplify

1. Try uploading the file you just downloaded. If this doesn't work, you've got basic problems, hit the forum and describe your errors. Please search for your error message first, if there is no fix, then post a very specific problem report. (Jrvs = right….

like someone is gonna answer!). Don't just tell me "It's broken", or I'm likely to say, "Well, fix it!" 8-)

2. If you can upload the unmodified downloaded file, then try adding just one product to

it, and upload that. Keep it simple, no fancy stuff in the descriptions or anything.

------------------

"column count does not match' usually means the number of fields and the number of values are different. "

Check mysql and see if all the fields match exactly those of your EP spreadsheet

This is what I did to upload 15K products – Master/Slaves. I used EP v2.76c – because I prefer not to touch the configure.php DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . Then I customized EP v.276c according to my needs.

Do a test file and populate it with 2 or 3 products

Save your Excel file as .txt (e.g. Eptesting-1.txt)

Upload the text file using FTP to your /temp directory – (the "Upload EP File" option didn’t work well for me, but the "Split EP File" worked great.

In admin/catalog/easypopulate

Click on Import from Temp Dir (temp/) and type the name of the txt file (e.g. Eptesting-1.txt)

How many prods do you have? Don't forget to back up your files.

Best of luck.

Hello,

I am using 2.76f and only seem to be having trouble after installing Ultra Pics, and I have gone through the modified EP file, but can not find the error. This is from a EP dump and reimport. So all is fresh from the database.

Error:

| MSIMPRO | Microsoft | Every elem | www.micros | microsoft/ | 500 | 100.0000 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 0.0000 | 0 | 400.0000 | 1 | 300.0000 | 2 | | | 0 | 7.00 | | 2007-08-07 | Warner | Hardware | category_h | Mice | subcategor | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

------------------------------------------------------

FP Text File:

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_image v_products_price v_products_cost v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_image_sm_2 v_products_image_xl_2 v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3 v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4 v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5 v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6 v_customer_price_1 v_customer_group_id_1 v_customer_price_2 v_customer_group_id_2 v_customer_price_3 v_customer_group_id_3 v_customer_price_4 v_customer_group_id_4 v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_image_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

MSIMPRO Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro Every element of IntelliMouse Pro - from its unique arched shape to the texture of the rubber grip around its base - is the product of extensive customer and ergonomic research. Microsoft's popular wheel control, which now allows zooming and universal scrolling functions, gives IntelliMouse Pro outstanding comfort and efficiency. www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/intellimouse.asp microsoft/msimpro.gif 500 100.0000 0.0000 0 400.0000 1 300.0000 2 0 7.00 2007-08-07 15:14:08 Warner Hardware category_hardware.gif Mice subcategory_mice.gif Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

MSIMEXP Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Microsoft introduces its most advanced mouse, the IntelliMouse Explorer! IntelliMouse Explorer features a sleek design, an industrial-silver finish, a glowing red underside and taillight, creating a style and look unlike any other mouse. IntelliMouse Explorer combines the accuracy and reliability of Microsoft IntelliEye optical tracking technology, the convenience of two new customizable function buttons, the efficiency of the scrolling wheel and the comfort of expert ergonomic design. All these great features make this the best mouse for the PC! www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/explorer.asp microsoft/imexplorer.gif 500 0.0000 ofn19004.jpg ofn19004.jpg ofn19028.jpg ofn19028.jpg ofn28001.jpg ofn28001.jpg 0.0000 0 400.0000 1 300.0000 2 21 1.00 2007-08-07 15:14:08 Microsoft Hardware category_hardware.gif Mice subcategory_mice.gif Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks JR

usually this means that you are trying to insert three fields into this table. but there is more or less fields in the table.

using phpmyadmin check the table products_groups and see how many field are in the structure.

If there is more or less then 3 then that is the basic problem.

either EP needs changed or this table does.

The problem may be that you have white spaces in the fields =

replace space with "_"

v_attribute_options_id_1_1

jarvis, I made a mistake while writing the example here on the forum. All the columns in the excel file are named correctly.

any clue?

Hello,

And thank you for the reply. The old problem is that it will always upload the first product line, and stops at second product?? And from what I can see, EP is only inserting into tables of specific fields and not a table as a whole, other wise I can understand the field count being off?? This only happened after adding the Quantity Discount contribution. Thank you again for the reply.

JR

I'm new to the Easy Populate and have found this tool a true blessing in updating over 2000 items on my site! The one thing I didnt pay attention to until after I re uploaded the file was that I didnt see where I could update the Box size. Is this feature in the tool? I'm not a true programmer, so am not able to follow the coding completely, however I did see variables in the coding that shows height, width and length, however on the admin side, I dont see the options in the download. Any help would be appreciated!

Hoping someone can help me out too!

Been using EP for a month or so now, and tonight i have just downloaded the CSV to add more products.

However, everything seems fine, but i get an error recorded at the bottom of the file saying:

<font color="#000000"><b>2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query<br><br>select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'f79d5883311e381072930a3ee291969f'<br><br><small><font color="#ff0000">[TEP STOP]</font></small><br><br></b></font><br />

<b>Warning</b>: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

Anyone got any ideas as to what this means?

Thanks!