• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi all!

I've looked for the answer to this for a few days, and haven't got an answer, there may not be one, but anyway:

I've got well over 3,000 products, I have them all on a spreadsheet, but I have one problem. The Desciptions where copied and pasted from a Word doc.

hence not html tags....

Is there a way I can at least get a <br> tag at all the line breaks? Because as of now all my descriptions are just one big paragraph.

I've been looking for a way for Excel to do it, but I noticed when I export a file from my database (via easy populate :thumbsup: ) the line breaks are still there, they just don't break on my website.

I'm still a little green with PHP and SQL and I'm just wondering if there is a way for me to get line breaks without having to do it manually to over 3,000 products.

Thanx Guys

In Word select the product_description column

Find and Replace:

Find ^p (for paragraph) and Replace with <br>

Copy and paste the column in Excel.

Obvsiously, you did not spend too much time playing with Easy Populate, which has always been working that way.

sorry, i obvsiously miss that button. So far, it only added and change but not delet all and place new data... or at least i had fragments left from after the cvs import... tested 10 or so times now... If your telling me it does delete all then insterts new data then i have this wierd output after the import... it says update and new at the end of each row return... any one else getting that? Don't think i want to fix that as it seems like a very nice feaure :) i was just wanting to know were the button was or what to turn on or insert, not insulted. thank you and have a great day

Hi,

I am running a fresh installation of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1. I have installed successfully number 2 contributions:

1) Easy Populate v276f r1MS2 with the following settings:

Temp Dir:

/home/agririca/public_html/TEST/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: true

I can export and import with no problems.

2) Extra fields v2_0j

I managed to make it work. I can create new fields no problem and I can see them when I manually create new products from the Admin section.

I can then visualize the new fields in the store no problem.

THE PROBLEM:

I cannot export the new fields. I export the whole lot with easy populate and he .csv file shows me only the conventional fields with the conventional fillings but nothing about the new fields I specified.

I only need to add 2 extra fields which are an extra description and an extra product model.

I tried all the contributions for extra fields and easy populate with extra fields but the code is ancient and still based on global variables, which are off in my php.ini.

I read the whole documentation included in the easy populate package but came to the missing section about the EXTRA FIELDS CONTRIBUTION.

Has anybody already solved the problem?

Is anybody able to customize new fields with easy populate or are we all bind to the product model, product name, product description and that's it?

Thanks to anybody answering this.

Ermes.

Hi,

I am running a fresh installation of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1. I have installed successfully number 2 contributions:

1) Easy Populate v276f r1MS2 with the following settings:

Thanks to anybody answering this.

Ermes.

Quote from jbrolin: "……The next and biggest problem I had lies in the server I use had "Register globals off" which caused form post and other variables to come back empty…." http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ot+easypopulate

I personally used EP_v2_76c_MS2 = choosealogin 17 May 2006 because –

"…There is mass confusion below. Some versions have mods for other contributions hardcoded in and it's not clear to a new user which version will be appropriate for their needs.

Please consider before choosing a version of EP if you have particular needs for extra fields and functions, and read the descriptions of each EP contribution to pick one that will work for YOU…."

Customize products_id fields to your extra_product_model =

- Reliablesol - http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...t67284-950.html

I used for the products_description - contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1717 by Toby Catlin 19 Oct 2004 "… This file tells you how to add a custom extra field to the products description table rather than the products table. It is slightly more complicated as it must deal with multi languages…."

Hope it helps…. "Easy Populate – not so easy!"

I have spent many days looking through all the posts but do not appear to have found a post that answers my question (although I have found some that asks the same question)

I have many contributions inc Admin with user levels

In the admin page I have the link to the easypopulate page but when I click one of the links to create a file to be downloaded it just goes straight back to the admin login and does not create a file in the temp dir.

tempdir \temp\

the dir has write permision

its on a win 2000 server

could someone please point me in the right direction

I found that my easy populate was doing exactly the same thing (was booting me back to the login) and I to spent sometime looking through this post and found the replies to yours, I found that it was only booting me back to the login when my shop was not in the root directory (e.g. www.myshop.com/catalog/) as soon as I moved the shop to my root directory(e.g. www.myshop.com/) easy populate worked fine!

THANK YOU!! :)

Thanks a lot Jarvis for your reply.

I've decided eventually to start studying some php,

and so I got a "brick" book from the library and I am starting my learning of php from scratch.

I will then be able to interpret more itelligently the contributions and the carting software itself.

Merry Christmas to all the OScommerce users and all the unlucky souls that are on the forum or still hacking on their website the night of Christmas.

Bye

I like easy populate and want now 2 languages on my site.

There for I use also "Manufacturers Multilanguage, with Description" ( contribution). Stand alone these 2 contributions works fine. But I like to have an integration.

Something has going wrong with gaving the manufactures an other language. Easy populate puts the default language in the manufactures table, but the de different languages are defined in the manufacturers_info table.

Does someone in this forum got these 2 working?

Hi there,

I have a question and I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but this forum is only 158 pages long and I'm a very slow reader.

Does anybody know why I get the following error after putting admin/easy_populate.php in the browser bar:

no input file specified.

After searching the configuration variables at easypopulate.php I can't find anything about this.

Could someone please help me?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Hello everyone,

I have small problem. I am using EP 2.76c which has been great to use. The problem is that until now I have been hosting the images on my domain name but I am adding new suppliers and the images are hosted other domain names. I uploaded the .txt with the full url of the image where it is hosted and it is not displaying any images. I am going to be having over 50000 items on my site and having to update them on a daily basis, I cannot be saving each individual item. I have been trying to change settings to allow the displaying of the images with a full url, but it is not working. Can someone give me an idea? I would really appreciate it.

See the site at http://www.daylightgifts.com/

Thanks,

Daysi Gonzalez

DaylightGifts.com

Owner

Hello everyone,

I have small problem. I am using EP 2.76c which has been great to use. The problem is that until now I have been hosting the images on my domain name but I am adding new suppliers and the images are hosted other domain names. I uploaded the .txt with the full url of the image where it is hosted and it is not displaying any images. I am going to be having over 50000 items on my site and having to update them on a daily basis, I cannot be saving each individual item. I have been trying to change settings to allow the displaying of the images with a full url, but it is not working. Can someone give me an idea? I would really appreciate it.

See the site at http://www.daylightgifts.com/

Thanks,

Daysi Gonzalez

DaylightGifts.com

Owner

If you want to display product images from several external domain names, then you need to handle your products images differently all across your site by removing the DIR_WS_IMAGES in all pages displaying product images (modules/product_listing.php, product_info.php, shopping_cart.php, etc.. :

replace

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'].......

by

tep_image( $product_info['products_image']..............

After this, you will be able to see your images after entering the full URL in your easy populate image fields.

let me know how it goes!

If you want to display product images from several external domain names, then you need to handle your products images differently all across your site by removing the DIR_WS_IMAGES in all pages displaying product images (modules/product_listing.php, product_info.php, shopping_cart.php, etc.. :

replace

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'].......

by

tep_image( $product_info['products_image']..............

After this, you will be able to see your images after entering the full URL in your easy populate image fields.

let me know how it goes!

I decided to install EP 2.76f to update the contribution and also because I need the "Delete" status capability. So I installed it and tested the Delete function with a product within other active ones in the data feed and it did nothing. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated!

Daysi Gonzalez

DaylightGifts.com

Owner

I decided to install EP 2.76f to update the contribution and also because I need the "Delete" status capability. So I installed it and tested the Delete function with a product within other active ones in the data feed and it did nothing. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated!

Daysi Gonzalez

DaylightGifts.com

Owner

I figured out the setting for this issue. I am working on the previous recommendation which is working great so far except that on the shopping_cart.php page I made the changes, yet online it is not working correctly.

Do I have to change some other setting on the shopping_cart page?

Thanks,

Daysi Gonzalez

DaylightGifts.com

Owner

can anyone tell me how I need to formulate my data in an excel sheet to be able to upload my entie inventory using easy populate! Here is a sample of my product list

http://www.styletex.biz/sample.xls

Install - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

I used = choosealogin 17 May 2006

DOCUMENTATION

--------------

Detailed manuals can be found here:

1. /docs/1readmeFIRST.txt (includes "quick" installation and configuration notes)

2. /docs/Easypopulate_Manual.* (complete manual in various formats)

Please do read the manuals carefully. Its worth the time!

Hi,

I am having a problem with the Delete feature. I have a data feed ready to upload to delete discontinued items and when I upload it I get this message: 'Did not delete since it is not unique' for each line. Is this some type of setting that needs to be fixed? These are my current settings:

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/daylight/www/www/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 500 records

Model Num Size: 40

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: true

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 5

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Thanks a million,

Daysi

hi all,

I am new to OsCommerce. I have installed Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2.

The Products export to excel (from database to csv file) is woking fine.

Then i do some modification in that csv file. Then i upload that file to database i had following error

"1366 - Incorrect decimal value: 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_2' for column 'products_price' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, new_arrivals, homepage_products, featured_items, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_1', 'values_name_13_14_3', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_2', '1', 'No', 'No', 'No', '2008-01-07 05:00:02', '1970-01-01 00:00:00', '1970-01-01 00:00:00', '', 'v_attribute_values_price_13_17', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_3', NULL) "

Note : I had many product attributes, so the CSV file has many column from A, B, C... ENU.

I think that, due to many columns in the CSV file the it take header as the value. Actually 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_1' is a header not a value but pls see the error message it coe under values. I think that EP has some limitations for coloumn count after it over the limitation it take the header as a value. I am not sure about these..

Please any one help me i would like to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Please help me.

Senthil Kumar R

hi all,

I am new to OsCommerce. I have installed Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2.

The Products export to excel (from database to csv file) is woking fine.

Then i do some modification in that csv file. Then i upload that file to database i had following error

"1366 - Incorrect decimal value: 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_2' for column 'products_price' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, new_arrivals, homepage_products, featured_items, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_1', 'values_name_13_14_3', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_2', '1', 'No', 'No', 'No', '2008-01-07 05:00:02', '1970-01-01 00:00:00', '1970-01-01 00:00:00', '', 'v_attribute_values_price_13_17', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_3', NULL) "

Note : I had many product attributes, so the CSV file has many column from A, B, C... ENU.

I think that, due to many columns in the CSV file the it take header as the value. Actually 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_1' is a header not a value but pls see the error message it coe under values. I think that EP has some limitations for coloumn count after it over the limitation it take the header as a value. I am not sure about these..

Please any one help me i would like to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Please help me.

Check decimal symbol, must be "." (dot). I have comma in regional settings, so every time use replace function in excel for price and weigh columns, before save .csv.

Kestas

Thanks kestas.

In my CSV file i change the price value and weigh to (.) dot. but i still have the same problem.

I read from the other forum, the EP has limited columns as 256 columns. But i have 3765 columns in my CSV file so that only i have these error. But i am not sure about it.

In my easy populate.php around line 230 to 240. it has the code

CODE:

// change this if you want to download only selected product options (attributes).

// If you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns,

// which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle, then load-up this array with

// attributes to skip when generating the export.

$attribute_options_select = '';

// $attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

// ****************************************

you seem that line 3 it has maximum column is 256.

Please suggest me if there is any other way to change the maximum column.

Again thanks for your soon reply.

Senthil Kumar R

sorry kestas.

its working fine now.

I do a big mistake. what i doing is

1. Export the Products from database to CSV file.

2. Then i make changes in csv file.

3. I upload that csv file to my database.

As by this way i got an error.

But now , what i done is

1. Export the Products from database to CSV file.

2. Change the file in to excel format.

3. As per your suggestion, i check the price and weight have (.).

4. I export the excel file from (.xls) to .csv.

I working fine.

Many thanks for you.. :thumbsup:

Have a nice day.

Senthil Kumar R

sorry kestas.

I do it wrongly. Now i got the same error.

Please help me.

While uploading from CSV file to my database. I have the following error:

Error

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: d:\PHP\uploadtemp\php24.tmp

User filename: 1.csv

Size: 169166

| lues_price | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | v_attribut | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | !New Product!

1366 - Incorrect decimal value: 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_1' for column 'products_price' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, new_arrivals, homepage_products, featured_items, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( 'v_attribute_values_id_13_17', 'lues_price_13_15', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_1', '1', 'No', 'No', 'No', '2008-01-07 15:27:42', '1970-01-01 00:00:00', '1970-01-01 00:00:00', '', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_3', 'v_attribute_values_name_13_17_2', NULL)

Please refer my previous posts.

Here i had nearly 3200 columns in my CSV file as an attributes.

In my previous post i said that it is working correctly. But it is not working. After i make the modification in .xls file, i save it as .csv file. in that time many number of columns in the csv file are deleted. Now only i noticed it.

Also, please suggest me,

1. after export the products to csv file we have to save as .xls file format

2. then make the modification in the same .xls file?

3. then save that .xls file to csv file

4. uplad the .csv file

a. after export the products to csv file

b. then make the modification in the .csv file?

c. uplad the .csv file

Which is the correct way? or both the ways are wrong.

Please help me.

Senthil Kumar R

Please any one help me..

I do in a-b-c way, xls have some additional information, like formats, column withs, etc., but not need in this case. I think, that there is excel limitation to 256 or like columns. Rest of columns are truncated, so there no product end symbol.

Try use text editor for edit .csv files. Exclude atributes from importing, or exclude some of atributes to pass excel max column numbers by grouping products in small groups. Maybe there are other ways. I'm novice, I have anothers problems, but there many posts not ansvered...

Kestas

Hi everyone,

I just encountered a problem using EP.

I am building a shop that has products of different kind, this means that they can have various attributes each with 10 or more options.

today it has happened for the first time that the excel file couldn't write all the option in a single row, so I thought "ok.. I will upload the attributes for the same product using 2 text file instead than just one".

well.. I can't.

I will make an example to simplify. I have a first file with a set of attributes (Colours) like this (I'll write in colums rather than lines to make it more readable):

v_attribute_options_id_1 1

v_attribute_options_name_1_4 Colore

v_attribute_options_name_1_5 Colour

v_attribute_values_id_1_1 1080

v_attribute_values_price_1_1 0

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_4 Nero/Bianco

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_5 Black/White

and so on...

Then I have a second file with a different set of attributes (sizes). The second file doesn't have the columns of the previous option/attributes.

v_attribute_options_id_2 2

v_attribute_options_name_2_4 Taglia

v_attribute_options_name_2_5 Size

v_attribute_values_id_2_1 2005

v_attribute_values_price_2_1 0

v_attribute_values_name_2_1_4 S

v_attribute_values_name_2_1_5 S

and so on...

I thought that the two files should "overlap" each other and add the second set of attributes to the first one. But when I do upload the 2 files I can only see the first set of attributes.

I've deleted the products and tried inverting the files (loading the file #2 first) and -even more strange!- the second set would still not load!!

The only way to make EP load the second file is to add in it also the columns

v_attribute_options_id_1 1

v_attribute_options_name_1_4 Colore

v_attribute_options_name_1_5 Colour

Is that normal?

I'm a bit afraid, as I think in the end I will have over 30 sets of attributes!! Does it mean that to add the 30th set I have to keep in the files all the 3 essential columns for each of the 29 previous attributes??

Gosh.. hope I was able to explain the problem...

is there any way to fix this?

If someone needs it I could post the code of my EP file.

thanks for any help!

Stefano