• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

OK I have a problem as well. I am trying to import the .csv from the temp directory

I click the .csv that I want to import and click import. All of a suddent I am logged out. I relogin but nothing has changed. Any ideas?

Anything I do in the Easy Populate option on Admin page just logs me out. I can't even click the backup database link.

Edited by ReBeL Tech

Hello,

I am using EP 2.76F-MS2 r1, and works great until I added Ultra Pics. Has anyone been able to get any of the EP versions to work with Ultra Pics? I do not see a Ultra Pic define in EP2.76F, and turned on unknown image support?

Thanks JR

This may have been covered in the thread so far, but 315 pages is quite a bit to wade through. My questions is in regards to the model number size...

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****
// set this to the size of your model number field in the db.  We check to make 
// sure all models are no longer than this value. this prevents the database from 
// getting fubared.  Just making this number bigger won't help your database!  They must match!
// If you increase the Model Number size, you must increase the size of the field
// in the database. Use a SQL tool like phpMyAdmin (see your host) and change the
// "products_model" field of the "products" table in your osCommerce Database.
define ('EP_MODEL_NUMBER_SIZE', 12); // default is 12

Am I reading this correctly...that all product model numbers must be the same length and match the number of characters defined here? I will be dropshipping products from numerous vendors and each vendor may have their own way of assigning product numbers. If certain products have a smaller product number length will I need to insert additional characters before uploading?

thanks, gaspower.

Hello,

No this means currently that the longest number you can enter is up to 12 digits. You can change this value to whatever, but will also need to change it in the configuration portion of the admin to match.

JR

How to tell EP that not divide field beetween quotes, when html tag are inside quotes with semi-colon?

Now EP divide field after first quote symbol, as in previous my post. Result is divided field, when html tag   are inside field.

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Database: MySQL 5.0.45-community-log

Settings

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/zaislai/domains/mydomain.lt/public_html/test/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: semi-colon

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

I have last EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1 on MS2.2rc1. In products description are non english characters, like ąčęėįšųūž. In descriptions after importing csv first and/or last character are truncated.

After I add UmlauteBugFixDescription (German Umlaute - Fix-Description) descriptions not truncated, but quotes are doubled in descriptions after importing csv.

In all cases I export csv file, leave 1-2 products on it (on text editor) and import same file back.

I replaced qoutes with right qoutes in my products description, so no more quotes bug when UmlauteBugFixDescription aplied.

If any have this problem or have solved, please leave your comments here.

Kestas

Hi,

I'm considering using Easy Populate for my new site since it's taking me about 15-30 minutes to create a new product with all the bell&whistles. Now I'm confuse with the many versions of EP and they go up and down in the version #.

Any recommendation?

I 'm using RC1 and had not modified the categories or products code. I use English and spanish languages and the following Contribs: HTC, STS TinyMCE .

Thanks

Edited by tferrer

Hi Tommy,

I would start at the bottom and work up if I where you. D/L the first stable version, then D/L any updates for it. Then test to see if it works. If you like you can then D/L a newer version plus any updates and see if that works. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DB THOUGH!

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

hi i`m using osc ms2

i `ve already installed EP 2.76f MS2 with attributes

it `s work, but when i finish to edit then try to upload there`s messages

" Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpYYfr57' to '/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt' in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpYYfr57

User filename: EP2007Dec04-2109.txt

Size: 10376

Warning: file(/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 644

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667 "

anyone know what`s wrong ???

thanks

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Has anyone that has had a problem with Easy Populate been able to overcome this type of error message? I have looked through most of the 315 pages and noticed that quite a few have similar error messages. I have tried quite a few of the suggestions offered, but nothing has fixed all the issues that I am having.

I have about 2000+ products to load from a spreadsheet. Is there any other way to load these ijnto the database from an Excel file that is reliable? I am a newbie at this, but cant imagine that I have to manually add all these items!!!

I have a couple of Easy Populate problems and was hoping someone could address:

1. how do you delete items? I can upload hundreds of items but I also need a way to remove the old stuff. how are you managing your catalog? is there an easy way to delete or remove multiple items using easy populate? do you flag the inventory as 0?

1. how do you get the short description to populate?

2. how do you get the product image URL to appear vs naming the actual product file name

if I right click the properties of the missing image on my site it has the path as:

http//domain.com/images/http://www.prodimg.com/digitalcontent/JPG_200x150/512F5EC2-C652-4545-B7E1-54A1E15EFFE8.jpg

I am using easy populate version 2.76e

appreciate if someone could assist because we are stuck. thank you

I have an Easy Populate question. I just installed EP 2.76f r1 ms2 on my OSC rc1 shop. When I try to "Create Then Download File" it holds for a minute then the download box pops up and says "You have chosen to open easypopulate.php which is a PHP file.....". I was expecting an EP.txt file to download. What could be the problem?

Settings

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/docandso/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 25

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"

I am in need of some help.

I am trying to add some extra fields to the easy populate file that downloads. The information is in the database in table products_to_products_extra_fields

and the information that i want to appear in the easy populate file is products_to_products_extra_fields

Any help that can be provided is a great help.

I am trying to edit the extra fields in the same easy populate file with the rest of my products. I have over 3000 products so this would make life a lot easier than clicking on every product one by one.

Please Help!!!

I have been trying to solve this for over a month now

Thanks.

Mark

Hi there,

I hope I'm not asking something really stupid, I'm not very techy!

I tried to install Easy Populate v 2.76 today, and can click on EP in my catalog, but get the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/0/d223201355/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/0/d223201355/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Can anyone suggest what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Gaye

Hi there,

I hope I'm not asking something really stupid, I'm not very techy!

I tried to install Easy Populate v 2.76 today, and can click on EP in my catalog, but get the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/0/d223201355/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/0/d223201355/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 18

Can anyone suggest what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Gaye

you need to upload the 'easypopulate_functions.php' file into 'includes/functions'. hope this helps!

I am in need of some help.

I am trying to add some extra fields to the easy populate file that downloads. The information is in the database in table products_to_products_extra_fields

and the information that i want to appear in the easy populate file is products_to_products_extra_fields

Any help that can be provided is a great help.

I am trying to edit the extra fields in the same easy populate file with the rest of my products. I have over 3000 products so this would make life a lot easier than clicking on every product one by one.

Please Help!!!

I have been trying to solve this for over a month now

Thanks.

Mark

Can anybody help with this? Please? I will paypal money for the assistance if needed..... I really need help on this.

hi i`m using osc ms2

i `ve already installed EP 2.76f MS2 with attributes

it `s work, but when i finish to edit then try to upload there`s messages

" Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpYYfr57' to '/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt' in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpYYfr57

User filename: EP2007Dec04-2109.txt

Size: 10376

Warning: file(/home/distro04/public_html//catalog/temp/EP2007Dec04-2109.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 644

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/distro04/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667 "

anyone know what`s wrong ???

thanks

It looks like the permissions for the temp directory are incorrect. I had to set mine to 777 rwxrwxrwx in order to get it to work. It was working and I certainly didn't change the settings but that is what I had to do to get it to work again.

Hope this helps

Jeff

hello, I sure this has been ask/requested before but I am wanting to have the option to just over write the product db add then insert from the csv file. This would be great for when some one needs to do seasonal items or for fast changing inventory. I think I could write a contribute but I know it'd be rough and sloppy as I only learned 3-4 months ago how to write php. Hope this is something already perfected. Have a great one.

Hey Guys,

This maybe a repeated request for help but I have checked through this topic and have not found any answer to my question nor any component that could help me, i apologize in advance if this is a repeat request :D!

Basically I am looking for something that will allow me to have additional product Identification numbers such as:

MSKU: (Manufactures Product ID)

VID: VendorID

SKU: (My Product ID number)

So when I use easy populate I can use Vlookup to replace the prices within the csv file, and it will also make supporting the website easier when someone calls up about a product.

Do you know of anything that will enable me to display a SKU on the product page and enable EP to update the SKU/VID/MSKU... I honestly haven't looked at the coding of EP and could more then likely do it myself but am looking for a simple fix, maybe a script to update MYSQL and some Php modified files for EP and catalogue.

Hi all!

I've looked for the answer to this for a few days, and haven't got an answer, there may not be one, but anyway:

I've got well over 3,000 products, I have them all on a spreadsheet, but I have one problem. The Desciptions where copied and pasted from a Word doc.

hence not html tags....

Is there a way I can at least get a <br> tag at all the line breaks? Because as of now all my descriptions are just one big paragraph.

I've been looking for a way for Excel to do it, but I noticed when I export a file from my database (via easy populate :thumbsup: ) the line breaks are still there, they just don't break on my website.

I'm still a little green with PHP and SQL and I'm just wondering if there is a way for me to get line breaks without having to do it manually to over 3,000 products.

Thanx Guys

Thanx for all your help.

Keep it Real

&

God Bless

hello, I sure this has been ask/requested before but I am wanting to have the option to just over write the product db add then insert from the csv file. This would be great for when some one needs to do seasonal items or for fast changing inventory. I think I could write a contribute but I know it'd be rough and sloppy as I only learned 3-4 months ago how to write php. Hope this is something already perfected. Have a great one.

Obvsiously, you did not spend too much time playing with Easy Populate, which has always been working that way.

Hey Guys,

This maybe a repeated request for help but I have checked through this topic and have not found any answer to my question nor any component that could help me, i apologize in advance if this is a repeat request :D!

Basically I am looking for something that will allow me to have additional product Identification numbers such as:

MSKU: (Manufactures Product ID)

VID: VendorID

SKU: (My Product ID number)

So when I use easy populate I can use Vlookup to replace the prices within the csv file, and it will also make supporting the website easier when someone calls up about a product.

Do you know of anything that will enable me to display a SKU on the product page and enable EP to update the SKU/VID/MSKU... I honestly haven't looked at the coding of EP and could more then likely do it myself but am looking for a simple fix, maybe a script to update MYSQL and some Php modified files for EP and catalogue.

Hey Guys,

You could add additional fields – there are at least two contributions that I know: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1717 and http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1310