• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Problem with importing. I have exported to .csv and same file imported back. Products, description was truncated. there is example of exported file

121;Šaškės;" Žaidimas ""Šaškės"", kieta lenta. Dydis 330x0,5x175 mm.";;Chekers;" Game ""Checkers"". Size 330x0,5x175 mm.";;games/saskes.jpg;5.7034;0;0.58;;2004-10-29 13:02;....

and same product (realy not same, but result of importing) exported

"121";"Šaškes";""" ";"aidimas """"Šaškės"""", kieta lenta. Dydis 330x0,5x175 mm.";"";"CHekers";""" ";"Game ";"0";"1";"0.00";"1970-01-01 02:00:00";"2007-10-26 08:05:12";"0";...

I see that html tag in file description imported non accurate. Semicolon after   divided description to sepatates columns, but it was inside quotes. And second: description first letter was lost: Žaidimas.

I use 2.76f-MS2 r1 and UmlauteBugFixDescription aplied

Edited by Kestas

Kestas

What a huge thread this is! I reckon the answer to my question is buried in there somewhere, under all that paperwork! I have tried quite a few searches though and nothing so far.

My EP installed very smoothly and I can export/import my products without a hitch.

I've got a fair few that require sizes and colours and have added a couple in manually.

It now turns out I've got a number of them so want to use the attributes in EP. I studied to find out the difference between the ones I'd done and the ones I hadnt and started adding zero's in the right places. After updating the database. The items I'd done manually are still OK, however, the ones I'd editted with EP are not showing.

The product attributes I'd done manually are listed under 'Product Attributes' in Admin, whereas the ones added by EP are not. When I re download what I uploaded. The zero's are still in the correct places.

What have I missed? I think it's v2.76f I'm using. Do I need to add a fix perhaps?

Problem with importing. I have exported to .csv and same file imported back. Products, description was truncated. there is example of exported file

and same product (realy not same, but result of importing) exported

I see that html tag in file description imported non accurate. Semicolon after divided description to sepatates columns, but it was inside quotes. And second: description first letter was lost: Žaidimas.

I use 2.76f-MS2 r1 and UmlauteBugFixDescription aplied

How to tell EP that not divide field beetween quotes, when html tag are inside quotes with semi-colon?

Now EP divide field after first quote symbol, as in previous my post. Result is divided field, when html tag   are inside field.

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Database: MySQL 5.0.45-community-log

Settings

Temp Dir:

/home/zaislai/domains/mydomain.lt/public_html/test/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: semi-colon

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Edited by Kestas

Kestas

First off would like to say that this is a great program and thanks for everyone help in making it what it is today.

I would like to add some additional options in the output files how would I go about doing this.

Export EP or Froogle Products File

I would like to add a button that will let me not only download the categories but also the description of the categories also would like to remove the dups.

If you use the categories it will give you:

v_products_model v_categories_name_1 v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_image_3

I know that you need the v_products_model but is there a way to only get one per categories name?

Hi,

I use EP . I want to have additional product no. in the database that it will be manufacturer serial number. off course this number will not show on my website !

Then to have the posibility to upload some products by EP according to the manufacturer serial number only and not by my products serial numbers. Since my manufacturer has defrent serials numbers then me.

This could help very much to everyone that get an excel prices from his manufacturer (with the manufacturer serial numbers) and he could easily convert it to the UPLOAD format of EP !

Then EP will check each product record, if the manufacturer serial number excist there then he will update the product price.

If there is no manufacturer serial number then it will not update the price in that product.

Is it not a problem to do that?

Anyone could advise please ??

Best Regards,

Great day to you all !

Best Regards,

Nathali

I'm having problems with my easy populate. When i "upload and import EP file", it goes says that it makes my changes and gives me no errors. When i check my store it is the same as before i updated. The import didn't update my database. My temp folder shows that the file is being uploaded but nothing actually gets imported. I have register globals=true on my php. What could the problem be? Its driving me nuts.

========================================

output:

Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

Filename: EP2007Nov03-1604(2).csv

| ellakd | Ellaerasdf | | | 2995 Updated

Temp Dir:

/home/myspatec/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Field seperator: comma

More Pics: true

===============================

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

Hi,

I use EP . I want to have additional product no. in the database that it will be manufacturer serial number. off course this number will not show on my website !

Then to have the posibility to upload some products by EP according to the manufacturer serial number only and not by my products serial numbers. Since my manufacturer has defrent serials numbers then me.

This could help very much to everyone that get an excel prices from his manufacturer (with the manufacturer serial numbers) and he could easily convert it to the UPLOAD format of EP !

Then EP will check each product record, if the manufacturer serial number excist there then he will update the product price.

If there is no manufacturer serial number then it will not update the price in that product.

Is it not a problem to do that?

Anyone could advise please ??

Best Regards,

Great day to you all !

Any help please ??

Best Regards,

Nathali

I apologise if this question has been answered before but I have trawled the pages and could't find a coherent response.

I have installed EasyPopulate and downloaded 1500 products with normal retail prices without problem.

I now want to show a special price for every product but do not want to input every single one through the admin panel.

I cannot see a column within EP for specials pricing. I have tried manually putting special prices on products and then downloading the product file but still not special price column appears.

Can this be done with EP_v2_76f_r1_MS2 ?

What do I need to do now ?

Any help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Regards

Paul

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Any help please ??
I think You can use product model as manufacter model and You hide model listing by admin and edit product_info.php page.

Also You can add more columns for products, rewrite EP module for additional rules synchonization and leave alone with problems and errors. Sorry, but on this forum I had no answered my problems with standard EP module problems, so modification is bad way except if You are hard coder.

Kestas

Hello,

Please can someone help, this has probably been dealt with before, but i can't find the answer anywhere.

Easy Populated all seems to be working fine, except when i try to upload i get the following message:

*Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/easypopulate.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. *

I have tried changing the permissions on easypopulate.php, but with no luck.

Please help, this is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Hayden

I did (once again) a clean install of OSC RC1 EP_v2_76f_r1_MS2, STS v4.58 and UltraPics Virgin manual install.

Everything works fine, exept that I can't import the extra pictures for Ultrapics with the Easy Populate plugin.

I have tried modifying the table called "products"in the PHPMyAdmin page, and I get to import the extra pictures: I export the table as a exell 2000 file, I edit the table in Exell 2003, I copy and paste the table into Access 2003, then I export that table through the ODBC driver.

But when I do that, I can't create any new products in my shop, not with the catalog/admin/Categories/Products section (I create the new article, the picture is uploaded, but the product isn't there,) and not with Easy Populate.

I have tried the contrib EP 2.76-MS2 (with Ultra pics) Modified by Leonidas Pezo on 15 October 2005, but that is too old, it won't work with the newer versions of EP or with the other contribs I have installed.

Does anyone have an EP v2_76f for Ultrapics mod?

Or does anyone know how to do it with the PHPMyAdmin frontend?

Any help is much appreciated

I'm having problems with my easy populate. When i "upload and import EP file", it goes says that it makes my changes and gives me no errors. When i check my store it is the same as before i updated. The import didn't update my database. My temp folder shows that the file is being uploaded but nothing actually gets imported. I have register globals=true on my php. What could the problem be? Its driving me nuts.

output:

Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

Filename: EP2007Nov03-1604(2).csv

| ellakd | Ellaerasdf | | | 2995 Updated

Temp Dir:

/home/myspatec/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Field seperator: comma

More Pics: true

===============================

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

Okay, i think my prob is that i don't have the model name for all my items...

Problem with EPs new ability to include category images.

First problem: The first category image is not read from the uploaded file and the field is instead getting auto populated with zeros.

Second problem: I am only testing with two categories and the second category is getting the image field read into the database, but ... any empty category image fields for the second category in the uploaded file get auto populated with zeros in the database which causes missing/broken images in the store. The empty fields should get auto populated with the default category image instead of filled with zeros.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Hi folks,

I have ran into another issue with EP&Attributes 2.76f-MS2 r1. Whenever I make a new listing in my .csv and add attributes they do not appear in my catalog online. Everything else sticks fine, i.e Price,Name,Description etc but not the attributes. In my case its sizes and colors. We sell clothing so being able to put a few 0's into a .csv instead of the admin panel way saves hours, considering our catalog has in excess of 500 items,

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Phil

Edited by Iniquityclothing

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

Hi,

I use Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2.

I upload the products. It doesn't give me any errors and on each row I get product updated. At the end it shows "ref." rows.

When I check my store I see that the categories & the products where updated good.

MY problem is:

Thats it is only updating the categories only in the defualt lang. So when I switch language I do not see the categories for that language although I entered them in the EP.text file. ??

BUT when I switch to the other lang. from the products page in the defualt lang. I get the products.

So I thing my problem is only in the categories name of not the defualt lang. all the rest is good !

Could someone advise me please what to do. ????

Maybe I need to change something in the easypopulate.php file ? My defualt lang. is EN=1, and He=4

Please help me.. !

Thanks a lot for the attention,

Best Regards,

Nathali

First off would like to say that this is a great program and thanks for everyone help in making it what it is today.

I would like to add some additional options in the output files how would I go about doing this.

Export EP or Froogle Products File

I would like to add a button that will let me not only download the categories but also the description of the categories also would like to remove the dups.

If you use the categories it will give you:

v_products_model v_categories_name_1 v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_image_3

I know that you need the v_products_model but is there a way to only get one per categories name?

Any ideas on this?

Ok, now I'm going to post this here, since I'm not sure where to post.

I implemented the Add weight to Product Attributes. I am using Easy Populate and can't get the Add weight to Product contrb to upload, the upload field stays blank. What fields do I add to my upload excel csv and is there an order to list them in the csv file?

I have searched and searched and searched the forums for; seriously months with no luck. If anyone has this answer or has gotten this to work with Add weight to Product Attributes + EP please lead me in the right direction.

The fields I have in my csv is (plus all the fields included in the sample.csv from the EP contrb).

v_attribute_values_id_4_2

v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1

v_attribute_values_price_4_2

v_price_prefix_4_2

v_attribute_options_values_weight_4_2

I have installed EP extra fields and can't that to work either. Totally confused, I' using EP v2.76f.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Anyone's help is much appreciated,

Lucy

for any column you have in the spreadsheet, you need code in EP to process it. just adding a column won't help. unfortunately I can't afford the time to help everyone integrate their contrib-du Jour. At the moment, just trying to get the base code to work for everyone.

Has anyone ever figured out how to get this to work???????????

Hi Guys,

I have come accross an issue with EP 2.76E.

Well, I managed to install and change the files pritty OK, but every time I try to export EP Products file, I get kicked out of the admin panel. Then i have to log back in and then I have to export again and when I do so, i get kicked out again. it just keeps going on in a loop.

So, summary of the story is; Its not working!

any ideas why? AND if the answer has been posted some where else please let me know and i apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers.

hi i have just down loaded the easy poputlate and have done what was said in the readme file

in easypopulate.php file i get this code Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/davie/public_html/test/admin/easypopulate.php on line 659

this is what is online 659

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

thanks

Hi Guys,

I have come accross an issue with EP 2.76E.

Well, I managed to install and change the files pritty OK, but every time I try to export EP Products file, I get kicked out of the admin panel. Then i have to log back in and then I have to export again and when I do so, i get kicked out again. it just keeps going on in a loop.

So, summary of the story is; Its not working!

any ideas why? AND if the answer has been posted some where else please let me know and i apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers.

Something spooky happened yesterday.... it worked somehow and still works fine. I didnt change any thing but it worked... i think it just needed some time to get it self used to the new environment.

Something spooky happened yesterday.... it worked somehow and still works fine. I didnt change any thing but it worked... i think it just needed some time to get it self used to the new environment.

I'm glad to see that Darwin's concepts may even be applied to computer code ;-)