• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I have been playing with EP, but I noticed a possible problem. I am not sure if I have something wrong or if it is just the way EP works. I noticed that every time I upload the csv the products_attributes_id is increased in the DB. It looks like it deletes what i had in there before and updates with the new data. I don't get duplicates but the id keeps on increasing. I know it would take a lot of products and update to max out the id but I just want to see if this is the way EP is suppose to work.

Thanks

yes, that is the way it works. I don't like it either, but since it works, I've not felt compelled to rewrite it at this point. It deletes and reinserts the attributes each time you import. the only way to avoid this is to no include the attributes in your import if they don't change.

Thanks for this wonderful contribution.

I am having a small problem with it though.

When I upload a CSV file using my 2.76d (with added fields for MVS, SPPC, QPBSPPC, +) the resulting products are missing the first character of the product names. If I add a blank space before the product name in the EP file, the product names come out OK in the shop.

Any ideas on where I should look to address that?

Should I post the code file?

Edited by Leak-Proof

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

find in easypopulate.php:

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO."(
			manufacturers_id,
			languages_id
			) VALUES (
			$max_mfg_id,
			'".EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID."'
			)";
		$result = tep_db_query($sql);

replace with:

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO."(
			manufacturers_id,
			manufacturers_url,
			languages_id
			) VALUES (
			$max_mfg_id,
			'',
			'".EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID."'
			)";
		$result = tep_db_query($sql);

Thank you very much for that :thumbsup: (sorry for the delayed reply) again, many thanks.

Hey surfalot, or anyone who might know:

At the same time when importing products into the store, I would like a new product notification email to be sent out to some people. Now the code for the mail itself I have nailed down, but I am not sure about the right place to put the code in Easy Populate?

Also wondering what kind of variable, if any, or code, I could use to print out a list of the newly added products in this mail?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Can someone please advice me, what do i write in my csv products list so i can write in individual shipping rates, in fact what function would i use to work with easy populate, so i may write a individual shipping cost for each different products, say for instance, within the products files, you will find the products ID, Model, Price, Weight, ect, but how can i get to write shipping individually for each shipping rate, and get it to work when importing.

Is it, v_product_shipping_cost, i just do not know, please advice me someone.

I had the same issue from working in Excel on a Mac... found that if I saved the file, opened it on a Windows machine and re-saved it worked without a problem.

(This is mentioned in the readme so sorry if I'm saying things you already know.)

Hope it helps.

Jim

I am using a linux machine.. and having the same problem and unable to use a window machine..

help

this is what i get

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpsdSMxh

User filename: upload-09-15-07.txt

Size: 3529

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 1082,"C | 553 | 24950

the red is the products_model field so there is something there,

please help I am so close yet so far

noppie

ok now i tried saving file as tab

I use openoffice spread sheet.

and I got this error again

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpZWpWkN

User filename: draw-easy.csv

Size: 1041

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | Childbooks | by | step pictu | 7460 | 2943

I am using a linux machine.. and having the same problem and unable to use a window machine..

help

this is what i get

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpsdSMxh

User filename: upload-09-15-07.txt

Size: 3529

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 1082,"C | 553 | 24950

the red is the products_model field so there is something there,

please help I am so close yet so far

noppie

I am sorry if this has been asked before but there is way to many pages to get through on this topic.

I am currently using:

Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 (with attributes) r1

I want to copy and paste my pricelists in CSV file.

I dont want EP is create a product if it does not exsist. How can I change this and would it be possilbe to show on the screen which ones it did not create.

Thanks in advance!

Can someone please advice me, what do i write in my csv products list so i can write in individual shipping rates, in fact what function would i use to work with easy populate, so i may write a individual shipping cost for each different products, say for instance, within the products files, you will find the products ID, Model, Price, Weight, ect, but how can i get to write shipping individually for each shipping rate, and get it to work when importing.

Is it, v_product_shipping_cost, i just do not know, please advice me someone.

I have a similar need. I just want to display the standard shipping price in the froogle exported file which will display shipping charge when posting products in Google Product Search. You may want to start with v_ot_shipping. I haven't tried it yet. When I do I will PM you.

I have a similar need. I just want to display the standard shipping price in the froogle exported file which will display shipping charge when posting products in Google Product Search. You may want to start with v_ot_shipping. I haven't tried it yet. When I do I will PM you.

I look forward and hope you have some success, please do let me know if you get it working.

Can anyone please help me. I have gotton this error message after trying numerous times. Deleting and creating new database tables with new versions and I still get this crap.:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpMPfyZb
User filename: EP2007Sep20-2311.csv
Size: 164536
| Pine 3 Ste | E110 | 5/8 x 2-1/ | | | | | | | | e110.jpg | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | | 2007-07-06 | 1 | Size (Defa | | | 2 | 8' | | | | 3 | 16' | | | | | Solid Pine | plogo.jpg | Casing | casingtn.j | | | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' where products_options_id ='1' and language_id = '1'' at line 1

update products_options set products_options_name = 'Size (Default is 16')' where products_options_id ='1' and language_id = '1'

what do I have to do??

hmm after some investigation. I guess since i have a description as "(Size w/e)" with the paranthesis. it's making some type of conflict. Ill see wut happens if I change it!

it seems that i had attributes that easy populate iddn't like.

My descriptions had " 8' " (8 feet) and " 16' " (16 feet). Well easy populate doesn't like the ' apostrophe. =/ and all this wasted time.

it seems that i had attributes that easy populate iddn't like.

My descriptions had " 8' " (8 feet) and " 16' " (16 feet). Well easy populate doesn't like the ' apostrophe. =/ and all this wasted time.

I had the same problem. The script was going error because I had, on my categories product, some characters like " /.

I removed this characters from the categories name (not on products) and all run fine.

I had the same problem. The script was going error because I had, on my categories product, some characters like " /.

I removed this characters from the categories name (not on products) and all run fine.

did you try to escape your characters?

8\" for 8 feet?

I had a problem with it stripping the first character off my Titles and the " off the end when I had things like 18" at the end of a description, the fix is to process this data in Excel first, I found if I used concatenate to add """" to the beginning and end of my Titles or descriptions it would then display the title as "Long Lead 18"" I then copy and pasted the valeus only into the correct column and it would import fine.

Edited by chrisbarbers

i have a problem. pretty much had the same one for a long time.

I had a catalog that I had made manualy with OC's admin menu. I tried exporting that list to excel to edit prices and so on...

Well when I import it doesn't feed the information to mysql. It changes no information.

I'm just wonder if I have to make the list from scratch?

If I save the complete list in a csv file and delete all the catagoris to upload all again though easypopulate. It leaves out a lot of products for some reason. So I guess what I am asking if I have to build the list up from scratch. Does exporting, to later import into mysql, have a corruption in the excel file that prevents mysql felxibility?

Edited by gladiatormp5

Hey surfalot, or anyone who might know:

At the same time when importing products into the store, I would like a new product notification email to be sent out to some people. Now the code for the mail itself I have nailed down, but I am not sure about the right place to put the code in Easy Populate?

Also wondering what kind of variable, if any, or code, I could use to print out a list of the newly added products in this mail?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anyone? :rolleyes:

I have exported and imported the same file in easypopulate, with fields added and deleted manually or simply changing a single field or multiple fields many many times, I have not had one hitch, the tool works perfectly in my experience, my only issue is the one about four fields not three but that was an easy fix which is well documented here.

The latest version works really well with osCMax RC3, it is one of the reasons I upgraded, although I am about to move away from osCMax due to some unresolved issues.

It seems I have a unique problem with EP as I cannot find any reference to a similar issue in this forum.

I am creating a new store. To test it, I exported the products from an existing store using EP and then uploaded the products to the new store using EP. The products were added but the date added and date available fields were set to 0000-00-00 00:00:00. The created delimiter file has those fields as 09/22/2007 21:40 when displayed using excel.

I'm sure there is a very simple explanation and solution. I am using EP 2.79b-MS2

I figured out where to put the mail (in the same section as // this record was missing the product_model). However, I am still wondering how I can print out a list of the newly added products in the mail (products_name)?

On output, easy populate gives a great onscreen display of products that have been updated, or !New Product!. Great.

However, my "v_products_model" is longer than the standard 12 (I think I made it 30); and even though i was able to tweak easy populate / and database to accommodate this longer code, the dilemma is that I can't use the onscreen output to identify specific updated items; as looks like the v_products_model is truncated to a maximum of 10 characters onscreen.

Is there a simple tweak somewhere that would allow me to display 30 characters of v_products_model onscreen, rather than 10? As that way I will then be able to use the onscreen output to check on all 'new products'.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi Folks,

im running EasyPopulate 2.76f-MS2 r1 and having a few issues, My attributes that i set offline within the spread sheet do not take effect when I upload to my D/B, Everything else works like a charm, price, quantity, description etc. But my attributes will not take effect. that means i have to set them all via the admin panel which takes forever! I have like 350 t-shirts all with 3 attributes connected!

I have looked every where for the answer to this but cannot find it, Please help,

Phil @ Iniquity Clothing. :thumbsup:

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)