Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Since I couldn't post the file being the text was to large

I uploaded to the contributions

the download text is marked by

// systemsmanager begin downloads

// systemsmanager end downloads

I have this problem with easy populate

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

my setting is as follow:

Settings

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/users/web/b2256/hy.coboling1/newstores/catalog/temp

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Please some body tell me, what I have wrong?

thank you

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

my setting is as follow:

Settings

Temp Dir:

Temp Dir is Writable

thank you

I seem to be having the sma esort of problem ... I got a lot of the wrinkles out .. but I am still getting a

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Hi.

I have a very strange problem

In my database I have 635 products. I can download a csv file from phpmyadmin which confirms that I have 635 products in the database

However, When I Download Complete .csv file to edit from Easy Populate V2.76f r1

I get a csv file which contains 667 products (the header makes 668 lines)

I have compared the csv files from EP and phpmyadmin and there are 32 duplicated products in the EP output. The duplicates are an exact copy of the product. All the fields are identical.

Have I done something wrong or is this a bug in EP?

I am running oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

My settings are below. The main thing I changed was to alter the v_products_model to 30 characters. I also altered my database to 30 characters.

Settings

Temp Dir:

/home/www/cameracentre.co.uk/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Model Num Size: 30

Category depth: 3

Enable attributes: false

Ken.

Hey all...

I've got a question that I've been unable to find any info on (after tons of search time).

I'm using Easy Populate & everything is working well. (Thanks!)

Is there a way to make it so the different product attributes are somehow tied to separate UPC/Model numbers?

In my case, I'm selling T-shirts. One shirt comes in 5 colors and 5 different sizes - and each has it's own UPC. I don't want to clutter my store pages with 25 different products that are essentially the same shirt just so my UPCs work out right. Of course, I'd like it to work with EasyPopulate if it's at all possible.

Any ideas?

Jim

(BTW: The support on this forum in general is amazing! You guys rock. :thumbsup: )

I just installed 2.76f_r1 and i get this error:

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported:

I do however have information in that field and the file worked in 2.76d as well.

any ideas?

I had the same issue from working in Excel on a Mac... found that if I saved the file, opened it on a Windows machine and re-saved it worked without a problem.

(This is mentioned in the readme so sorry if I'm saying things you already know.)

Hope it helps.

Jim

I had the same issue from working in Excel on a Mac... found that if I saved the file, opened it on a Windows machine and re-saved it worked without a problem.

(This is mentioned in the readme so sorry if I'm saying things you already know.)

Hope it helps.

Jim

Great call Jim.

I never experienced that problem before with the earlier version using .txt file. so instead on my mac version of excel i saved as .CSV for windows and it worked.

Hi there, I have installed Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 (with attributes) r1 and followed the instructions carefully. Unfortunately when I click on the link Catalog -> Easy Populate in the admin pages I get a completely blank page. There is no source code in the page at all.

The problem only occurs on my hosted site. I have a copy of the site on my test server at home and EP works fine. The only differences are the configure.php files and the php versions. I'm sure I have the correct paths in my configure.php files (everything else works, including the file manager) so I was wondering if it was differences in the php configuration?

Below are the configuration settings for the hosting server (that EP doesn't work on) and my home server (where EP works fine).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Snipped for brevity

Yipee! My problem is solved. I found out the only problem was the file permissions on easypopulate.php, easypopulate_functions.php and table_block.php. They were all -rw-rw-rw-, so I changed them to -rw-r-r- and low and behold EP works.

So, if anyone is having trouble with blank pages appearing, check your file permissions.

I have installed EP 2.76f-MS2 r1. I was trying to find a way to add another product option. I have another field in my products_attributes table called attribute_sku. I would like to know if anyone knows how or can point me in the right direction of how I can add this to EP. I have been searching all day and haven't been able to find anything yet.

Thank You

Hello,

Strange problem. I have been using EP 2.76F and it is working flawlessly. But, it has been on servers with just on copy of copy of OSC. I have just run into a problem where we have set up a server with four sites, four copies of OSC (2.2MS RC1 versions) and trying to use EP2.76f on one of the sites. Everything seems to work except it downloads a blank page, except for the header row?? I have seen in another post someone was having same issue and changed permissions to rw-r-r, and that is what I have currently??

Thanks JR

i think you have a paranoid host, as all the big ones allow this to go on. best bet find another host, else you will have to rewrite part of the excel and go via phpmyadmin

Hi again Surfalot... could you help me please when you have some spare time,

I have added your latest update to a fresh MS2, all I have done is I emptied the default install using the empty/truncate contrib.

I am trying to import a backup from two versions back and am getting this error?

1364 - Field 'manufacturers_url' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO manufacturers_info( manufacturers_id, languages_id ) VALUES ( 2, '1' )

any idea's please! Thanks

I am using Easy Poplate with ExtraFields contribution and when I download the extrafields csv I have this "v_products_id" column ( I guess with products number).So my question is where do i get this number to implement in the extrafields csv for modifying/uploading the file ???

Cumparaturi4all

Hi again Surfalot... could you help me please when you have some spare time,

I have added your latest update to a fresh MS2, all I have done is I emptied the default install using the empty/truncate contrib.

I am trying to import a backup from two versions back and am getting this error?

1364 - Field 'manufacturers_url' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO manufacturers_info( manufacturers_id, languages_id ) VALUES ( 2, '1' )

any idea's please! Thanks

find in easypopulate.php:

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO."(
			manufacturers_id,
			languages_id
			) VALUES (
			$max_mfg_id,
			'".EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID."'
			)";
		$result = tep_db_query($sql);

replace with:

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO."(
			manufacturers_id,
			manufacturers_url,
			languages_id
			) VALUES (
			$max_mfg_id,
			'',
			'".EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID."'
			)";
		$result = tep_db_query($sql);

my setting is as follow:

Settings

Temp Dir:

Temp Dir is Writable

thank you

not sure where to start on this.

Please do check your error log and post what error is causing this. Also, please provide a detail about what you where doing to cause this error (ie. what you clicked, selected, etc.) If this was an error while importing, please post a link to a sample of your import file, don't just post a sample.

Hey surfalot,

Thanks for responding!! I bet this is why it's not working, but the only thing is, I looked throught the config files, but I don't really see how to do this. I'm pretty sure that I have permission to write to this directory, becuase I changed the permission myself through my web hosting admin panel. I don't see how to get rid of those double slashes though, any pointers. Thanks!!

-John

I don't know what more explanation I can provide for this. I wrote an essay about how to make sure your temp directory is setup correctly at the top of the latest version(s) easypopulate.php file, and copied it to the docs. :thumbsup:

I am using Easy Poplate with ExtraFields contribution and when I download the extrafields csv I have this "v_products_id" column ( I guess with products number).So my question is where do i get this number to implement in the extrafields csv for modifying/uploading the file ???

when you are editing a product in the admin, you'll see a URL like this:

http://domain.net/admin/categories.php?cPa...ion=new_product

the pID= is your product id.

when viewing a product on the customer side, you'll see a URL like this:

http://domain.net/product_info.php?cPath=1...p;products_id=1

the products_id= is your product id.

when you are editing a product in the admin, you'll see a URL like this:

http://domain.net/admin/categories.php?cPa...ion=new_product

the pID= is your product id.

when viewing a product on the customer side, you'll see a URL like this:

http://domain.net/product_info.php?cPath=1...p;products_id=1

the products_id= is your product id.

Ok,but I have about 2000 products and do I have to input this number manually for every product or their is a better way ???

Cumparaturi4all

Ok,but I have about 2000 products and do I have to input this number manually for every product or their is a better way ???

I assume you will have to enter it for each product. I didn't write the code, so I don't know much about it. I simply included it for those asking for it. Hope it helps.

I have EP working great, ver. easypopulate.php,v 2.76f, but everytime I do an import without images listed for categories it will delete the pics that I manually added. I would like to import categories but not have it import or delete pics that I manually add through the osc admin side.

Edited by hwinhoven

I have been playing with EP, but I noticed a possible problem. I am not sure if I have something wrong or if it is just the way EP works. I noticed that every time I upload the csv the products_attributes_id is increased in the DB. It looks like it deletes what i had in there before and updates with the new data. I don't get duplicates but the id keeps on increasing. I know it would take a lot of products and update to max out the id but I just want to see if this is the way EP is suppose to work.

Thanks