• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

EP Basic which I know is not supported here

not sure what you mean by EP Basic. but if you mean core code, refering to code that supports the core osCommerce project, that is what I am supporting.

I have tried to re-create in this contribution but can't seem to get it to work.

Can someone please help me on this small project.

Uuh, why? was it not working for you? I tried the code you posted and it works for me. very nice.

one thing though, I don't see a reason to have a "none" option. If someone doesn't want to import one of the files, just don't click the import button.

I have 3-level categories on my store.

I use osc 2.2 and EP 2.76b.

Is it possible to populate products, if in my txt file does not have v_categories_name_1 and v_categories_name_2 fields?

Does EP find right (highest and sub) category, if only category information is lowest level category name? Or does it need all information about category tree?

Tnx for help.

-kanttila

what must i change that i can use special price with this contrib

i must have a new field for the special price and for active or inactive special price...

thank you

Hi,

the special price is in an other easypopulate .php file, i compare the files and get the missing codes...

now it works good !!! :thumbsup:

I have 3-level categories on my store.

I use osc 2.2 and EP 2.76b.

Is it possible to populate products, if in my txt file does not have v_categories_name_1 and v_categories_name_2 fields?

Does EP find right (highest and sub) category, if only category information is lowest level category name? Or does it need all information about category tree?

Tnx for help.

-kanttila

if you include *any* category columns, you must include the entire tree of cateogries for that product.

Hi,

the special price is in an other easypopulate .php file, i compare the files and get the missing codes...

now it works good !!! :thumbsup:

tgroenwa is still waiting for an answer to his question in post 6128. (Since you posted that you has solved it without posting what the solution is)

again, paulchen2005, contributing won't kill you. :thumbsup:

tgroenwa is still waiting for an answer to his question in post 6128. (Since you posted that you has solved it without posting what the solution is)

again, paulchen2005, contributing won't kill you. :thumbsup:

Hi,

my error was i export w/o tax and import with tax,

the error was a missing

p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id,

in select from

Hi,

my error was i export w/o tax and import with tax,

the error was a missing

p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id,

in select from

How about giving us a clue as to where that was?

feel free to post any other problem you solved. :thumbsup:

Edited by surfalot

Hi all

i am using th latest version of EP..My setting are

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/kunden/homepages/17/d189999914/htdocs/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 2000 records (i know this is high but it seems to work with my server)

Model Num Size: 20

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

I was using version 2.76d before.i like some of the new features in 2.76f so i upgraded. i kept the settings same as my 2.7d.the problem i am having is that i have over 9000 items , some of them have price set to 0.0. when i do complate download. i only get roughly 6000 items and none of the item with price 0.0 are not being added to the donwloadd list.

i have tried downloading just price and still get the same file.i also tried with with only models field and the same result.

I also tried both download to temp on server and download on the fly same issue.

In previous version it did work, but not sure if had i to make a change. i tried searching through the forum for issue with this version and cant find anything. does it have anything to do with register global?

If i find a fix will post it here or if anyone has come across this please let me know would appreciate it.

regards

nafri

Edited by nafri

Having problems with this contribution. These are the steps I took, and hopefully someone will be able to help me with what im doing wrong.

1) Download Complete .csv file to edit.

2) Edit little bits of the items, and added a couple of items.

3) Upload and Import EP File.

4) Message I get :

"File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpLeGAgR

User filename: EP2007Aug25-1705 copy2.csv

Size: 10658"

5) Products are not edited in the database and new items don't even show up.

that is common for large catalogs.

1) use the file split upload option and split it into smaller chunks for import. Also realize that you may only download a list of prices if that is all you need to change. aften EP can process hundreds more products without all the other data that hasn't changed.

2) find this setting: // set_time_limit(330); in the easypopulate.php file. If your host allows you to use that php command, you can set that to the number of seconds until the timeout occurs.

3) If your host lets you use a PHP.INI file in your root web folder, you can override the timeout setting there also. (ask your host and google how to)

surfalot, i'm struggling with the timeout issue on a mondo database I'm trying to load up (400,000 records).

i'm on my dev box (localhost on windoz) and using EP_v2_76e_MS2.

I've done step#2 above as in:

set_time_limit(900); // 330

i've also mucked with my c:\PHP\php.ini file to set

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 900 ; ,30 Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; was 60 Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level

memory_limit = 256M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)

Yet I *still* can't get said large datafile to load up! I'm OK at 4000 records. Actually it's likity-split fast at that level. But 100,000 times out and so will 400,000.

Also, when it fails and I go "back" a page I see this:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\osc\admin\easypopulate.php on line 17

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\osc\admin\easypopulate.php on line 17

Just want to confirm that that's normal. I get around it by clicking another admin link then back to easypopulate.

This has be a bit stumped too:

(include_path='.;C:\php5\pear')

as I don't have a php5 directory, it's C:\php

The easypopulate.php seems to time out in about 5 minutes in spite of the settings I have shown above.

--------------------------------

Settings

Temp Dir:

c:/inetpub/wwwroot/osc/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 1000 records

Model Num Size: 12

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

------------------------

PHP Version 5.2.3

System Windows NT HPLAPTOP 5.1 build 2600

Build Date May 31 2007 09:36:39

Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

Server API CGI/FastCGI

Virtual Directory Support enabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS

Loaded Configuration File C:\PHP\php.ini

--------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions that I could try would be appreciated.

-Brian

The Sppc works fine for the products, how can i change the sppc prices for the attributes? I made 2 groups and i need to make two different group prices.

Hello,

i hope you can help me on a little Problem wit EP, im using version 2.76f-MS2 r1 and the shop has over 127.000 Products online.

When i try to export the products via EP with the Function "download on the fly" the download begins. But after the download, the file appears to be completed but it is not, i am missing many products in the file. Is my Database to big for this function? I have tried this with IE an Firefox.

Any Ideas?

rgs

Jan

EP doing nothing when I click: "Insert into DB"

oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2_with_admin

phpMyAdmin 2.9.1.1 mysql Server version: 5.0.37

Products: just the OSC standard products database (so the csv can't be too long.)

Globals are off, I installed RegisterGlobals v1.5-PatchFiles

Contrib: STS v4.5.2

After installing Easy Populate evertything seemed to work ok, I could download csv's to my computer and to the temp dir.

But when I "Upload and Import EP File" or "Import EP file from Temp Dir", nothing happens, no green bar saying that it's succeded, no updated data in the shop, no error msg.

If I try to "Create Complete .csv file in temp dir" it works fine (so the temp thingie works) and I get the green bar telling me where to dl the csv file

When I copy (from FTP) and paste the filename "Import EP file from Temp Dir" box, nothing happens, no error msg, no green bar.

When I put a wrong name in that box, nothing happens just the same (no error msg).

v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_4,v_products_descript
ion_4,v_products_url_4,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_url_
1,v_products_name_2,v_products_description_2,v_products_url_2,v_products_price,v_
products_weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_products_quantity,v_manufacturers_nam
e,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_tax_class_title,v
_status,EOREOR

I have tried several different configs.

At the moment I'm working with oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 (no contribs, only the RegisterGlobals v1.5-PatchFiles) thinking that EP was initally developed for that version.

If I install Surfalot's Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) nothing happens, no files are created, nothing gets imported to the database, no error msg's

If I install moosey_jude's Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin nothing happens when I import a file, but when I click on of the "Create Files in Temp Dir" commands, I get a green bar with the msg: "You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /usr/home/ws/color/www.coloursite.nl/www/naaldkunst/EP_VAR_TEMPDIREP2007aug25-0707.txt" And in fact, I find the file (EP_VAR_TEMPDIREP2007aug25-0707.txt) in the root of my shop, not in the temp dir

I can't get it to put the files into the temp dir anymore, even though I have put a temp dir into the /naaldkunst/ dir and set permissions to 777 (the HTTP path is: http://www.coloursite.nl/naaldkunst/temp)

If I open easypopulate.php and change $tempdir = DIR_FS_CATALOG . EP_VAR_TEMPDIR; to $tempdir = DIR_FS_CATALOG . usr/home/ws/color/www.coloursite.nl/www/naaldkunst/temp

I get: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL in /usr/home/ws/color/www.coloursite.nl/www/naaldkunst/admin/easypopulate.php on line 40

When I made the dir in admin/temp everything worked fine.

I remember now that I did the same thing a few days ago, and that's why the thing worked partially, then.

However, I still can't upload a csv file, when I click the ïnsert into DB"button,nothing happens, no errors, no green bar at the top of my browser window, no updated proces, nothing.

I'm really at my wit's end, can anybody offer any advice?

surfalot, i'm struggling with the timeout issue on a mondo database I'm trying to load up (400,000 records).

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 900 ; ,30 Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; was 60 Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

Yet I *still* can't get said large datafile to load up! I'm OK at 4000 records. Actually it's likity-split fast at that level. But 100,000 times out and so will 400,000.

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\osc\admin\easypopulate.php on line 17

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\osc\admin\easypopulate.php on line 17

Just want to confirm that that's normal. I get around it by clicking another admin link then back to easypopulate.

The easypopulate.php seems to time out in about 5 minutes in spite of the settings I have shown above.

Settings

Temp Dir:

Temp Dir is Writable

------------------------

PHP Version 5.2.3

Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

Server API CGI/FastCGI

-Brian

Following up on the above.. it appears my localhost website is timing out after 5 minutes. I can't see why. My setting are longer. Anyone have a clue as to why a 10000 record database splits up in seconds yet a 25000 record table times out?

Settings

Temp Dir:

Temp Dir is Writable

Split files on: 4000 records

>_<

Hello, I have installed easypopulate and imported sample_output_file.csv which there is in EP_v2_76f_r1_MS2 folder. However

I can not see categories name in category box for other languages. I can see categories name only in English. How to improve it.

I appologize if someone has already answered this in an earlier post:

I use QTpro to track stock for various products attributes. Easy populate seems to work fine if i am only tracking stock on a product with only one attribute.

Example:

14 Red shirts

15 Large shirts

etc.

The problem is when you have more than one type of attribute per product. Example:

14 Large Red shirts

17 Small Red shirts

etc.

In the spreadsheet EP only lets me put in stock for each attribute yet QTpro lets you assign stock for a products with varied attributes and tracks it properly. So I know the information is being tracked in MySQL but I am not able to import this info (that I know of) in via EP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi all

i am using th latest version of EP..My setting are

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/kunden/homepages/17/d189999914/htdocs/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 2000 records (i know this is high but it seems to work with my server)

Model Num Size: 20

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

I was using version 2.76d before.i like some of the new features in 2.76f so i upgraded. i kept the settings same as my 2.7d.the problem i am having is that i have over 9000 items , some of them have price set to 0.0. when i do complate download. i only get roughly 6000 items and none of the item with price 0.0 are not being added to the donwloadd list.

i have tried downloading just price and still get the same file.i also tried with with only models field and the same result.

I also tried both download to temp on server and download on the fly same issue.

In previous version it did work, but not sure if had i to make a change. i tried searching through the forum for issue with this version and cant find anything. does it have anything to do with register global?

If i find a fix will post it here or if anyone has come across this please let me know would appreciate it.

regards

nafri

If you go back to v2.76d, it works as expected? I don't see how there could be any difference in the number of items exported. the sql hasn't changed for the complete export.

In a complete export, the only thing that will limit the number of products exported is if some where not placed in categories. but again, wouldn't be any different in the newer version.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Settings

Temp Dir:

Temp Dir is Writable

------------------------

PHP Version 5.2.3

Server API CGI/FastCGI

-Brian

also look at the max upload file size for your php installation (and its setting). that usually won't timeout, but will just dump you to the home page or back to the EP page without a message. Have you tried FTPing the file to the temp folder and importing from there?

don't know why you'd get an error just going back a page. I don't recommend testing osCommerce contribs on windowz.

The Sppc works fine for the products, how can i change the sppc prices for the attributes? I made 2 groups and i need to make two different group prices.

does your version of SPPC support attribute pricing (more then just the additional price per product)? what version?

Edited by surfalot

EP doing nothing when I click: "Insert into DB"

oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2_with_admin

phpMyAdmin 2.9.1.1 mysql Server version: 5.0.37

Products: just the OSC standard products database (so the csv can't be too long.)

Globals are off, I installed RegisterGlobals v1.5-PatchFiles

Contrib: STS v4.5.2

I'm really at my wit's end, can anybody offer any advice?

try the latest version

Hello,

i hope you can help me on a little Problem wit EP, im using version 2.76f-MS2 r1 and the shop has over 127.000 Products online.

When i try to export the products via EP with the Function "download on the fly" the download begins. But after the download, the file appears to be completed but it is not, i am missing many products in the file. Is my Database to big for this function? I have tried this with IE an Firefox.

Any Ideas?

rgs

Jan

do you have products that are not placed within a category?

Hello, I have installed easypopulate and imported sample_output_file.csv which there is in EP_v2_76f_r1_MS2 folder. However

I can not see categories name in category box for other languages. I can see categories name only in English. How to improve it.

the products are imported into the categories using the currently selected language in your admin. To import another language's categories, select that language in your admin, then change the category name columns in your spreadsheet to reflect that language, then import the products again.

Its a newly added work-around for a coding deficiency.

Hello,

I've got a BIG problem:

I upload 2 products (for example), with the v_products_model "111111", v_products_price "10.10", v_products_price1 "5.5" and v_products_price1_qty "20".

If you buy 1 to 20, the unit costs you $10.10. If you buy >20, the unit costs you $5.5.

OK. Now, I download the .txt, modify it to 10.05 and 5.05, and when I upload the archive, the price is modified!! I can see this:

v_products_model "111111", v_products_price "100.50", v_products_price1 "50.50" and v_products_price1_qty "20".

I don't know why, but my prices are multiplied by 10.

I need help. Please. Thanks

Edited by Phosky

Forums, the perfect place to practice my English. From Spain.

also look at the max upload file size for your php installation (and its setting). that usually won't timeout, but will just dump you to the home page or back to the EP page without a message. Have you tried FTPing the file to the temp folder and importing from there?

don't know why you'd get an error just going back a page. I don't recommend testing osCommerce contribs on windowz.

Thanks!! It appears it was the POST size in php.ini. I updated it to 64M for my test to work. Actually, my complete max file is 266,000KB so I'll have to try the setting at 300M.

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.

post_max_size = 64M

; was 8M