• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Is there a possibility to duplicate products!?

Cause I have the same model number, different places in my shop, but when I upload it to different subcategories its just "updates" not adding new products.. Any solution?

That's probably another question for another thread. Essentially, you need to go to the backend admin section and select the product and click "copy to" on the right side of the page. It's not as easy to list a single product in multiple categories or easily apply product attributes (options) as it is in other programs such as Virtuemart, but that'll do what you need.

On the other hand, if you're referring to how to go about applying a single product to multiple categories using this Easy Populate CSV application, that's a very good question that I too would like answered. So, I'll ask again.

Is there a way to apply a single product to multiple products using the Easy Populate CSV method?

I find it interesting that this thread was not split to forum several smaller threads or even a single category. This is an enormously long thread that is now getting a lot of relatively OT questions.

Hi Surfalot, firstly can I say thanks for a great contribution, I have osCMax V2 and updated the included version to EP 2.76e, as I was having some trouble with the included version, it works great, I can export and import no poroblems, everything is as expected.

The one area I still have a problem with is the support for SPPC, in your release info you said you had fixed a problem with this, but in the config file is states that is untested and may not work, now I can download with the SPPC support switched on no problems, I get the fields and values I expect, but when I upload the product uploads fine, but the Customers_Groups_Price is blank and the following error displays

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 8

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 6.99, 655, )

[TEP STOP]"

Now I am really new to PHP but played with quite a few contribs on my MS2 store before it was moved to osCMax, I think I can see what the problem is, i.e. ( 1, 6.99, 655, ) should actually be ( 1, 6.99, 655 ) the extra comma suggests it is looking for a 4th value that doesn't exist, but I can't identify where this can be fixed, I am hoping you or anyone reading this will have an idea how I can fix the code to make this feature work, I am about to bring a new supplier online who carries in excess of 7000 products and I would really like to do the work through EP, obviously what I think it is could be complete rubbish, and it's not the extra , at all :D

Any help greatfully recieved.

HELP!!!! I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to get Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 to work. I've done clean OSC 2.2ms2 store installs locally on a windows box, a mac-os box, and 2 linux servers. in each case, registers_globals are OFF (using the patched files contrib) and I very carefully followed the instructions in 1_Installation.txt, read the manual, and spent a long time in easypopulate.php. It appears to be installed properly. When I try "Upload and Import EP File" and point to the supplied "sample_output_file.txt", I click "Insert into db" and get no output messages as far as successful or unsuccessful import. In the admin/categories+products I see no new products. Also, I see no files uploaded into my catalog/temp directory. What in sweet Jesus am I doing wrong here? I've scoured this thread and still can't get this thing to work.

Btw, here's what I see in my admin/easypopulate window:

Settings

Temp Dir:

/virtual/users/e14376-14614/web/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Thanks for any help someone can offer an OSC/easypopulate newbit :)

Edited by jillzoo

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 8

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 6.99, 655, )

[TEP STOP]"

I would look at this block

// and insert the new record
           if ($v_customer_price_1 != ''){
               $result = tep_db_query('
                           INSERT INTO
                               '.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS.'
                           VALUES
                           (
                               ' . $v_customer_group_id_1 . ',
                               ' . $v_customer_price_1 . ',
                               ' . $v_products_id . ',
                               )'
                           );
           }

try removing the comma there... might work for you... not sure.

mine currently looks like:

$result = tep_db_query('
                                                       INSERT INTO
                                                       VALUES
                                                       (
                                                           ' . $v_products_id . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_qty_1 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_qty_blocks_1 . '
                                                           )'
                                                       );
                       }
                       if ($v_customer_price_2 != ''){
                               $result = tep_db_query('
                                                       INSERT INTO
                                                       VALUES
                                                       (
                                                           ' . $v_customer_group_id_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_customer_price_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_id . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_qty_2 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_qty_blocks_2 . '
                                                               )'
                                                       );
                       }
                       if ($v_customer_price_3 != ''){
                               $result = tep_db_query('
                                                       INSERT INTO
                                                       VALUES
                                                       (
                                                           ' . $v_customer_group_id_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_customer_price_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_id . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_qty_3 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_qty_blocks_3 . '
                                                           )'
                                                       );
                       }
                       if ($v_customer_price_4 != ''){
                               $result = tep_db_query('
                                                       INSERT INTO
                                                       VALUES
                                                       (
                                                           ' . $v_customer_group_id_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_customer_price_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_id . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price1_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price2_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price3_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price4_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price5_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price6_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price7_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_price8_qty_4 . ',
                                                           ' . $v_products_qty_blocks_4 . '
                                                           )'
                                                       );
                       }
	}
       // end: separate prices per customer (SPPC) module

HELP!!!! I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to get Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 to work. I've done clean OSC 2.2ms2 store installs locally on a windows box, a mac-os box, and 2 linux servers. in each case, registers_globals are OFF (using the patched files contrib) and I very carefully followed the instructions in 1_Installation.txt, read the manual, and spent a long time in easypopulate.php. It appears to be installed properly. When I try "Upload and Import EP File" and point to the supplied "sample_output_file.txt", I click "Insert into db" and get no output messages as far as successful or unsuccessful import. In the admin/categories+products I see no new products. Also, I see no files uploaded into my catalog/temp directory. What in sweet Jesus am I doing wrong here? I've scoured this thread and still can't get this thing to work.

dont use the sample file. export to your temp, or download it... then edit that file in excel, delete all but the top row and one record... save it as tab delimited, upload it to your temp folder, import it from ep from your temp folder. you should see New Product! or updated.

Edited by Robert972

dont use the sample file. export to your temp, or download it... then edit that file in excel, delete all but the top row and one record... save it as tab delimited, upload it to your temp folder, import it from ep from your temp folder. you should see New Product! or updated.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply! When I try to do any type of an EP export, I get this:

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Any thoughts? I googled the above and haven't been able to find any helpful leads. Thanks.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply! When I try to do any type of an EP export, I get this:

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Any thoughts? I googled the above and haven't been able to find any helpful leads. Thanks.

nothing exports? custom variations? do any of the quick links at the bottom work?

nothing exports? custom variations? do any of the quick links at the bottom work?

Hi Robert,

You are correct, when I click on any or all of the bottom EP quick links, I get the same output:

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Could there something wrong with the DB? I created the DB as instructed and upon OSC setup, it imported the SQL info correctly as my current DB appears populated with all the correct tables.

Any operation I perform results in the following:

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

I've gone over the instructions and am not certain what, if anything, was performed improperly. I've searched the forums and could not find any solutions. Any ideas?

you do have some products in your store right?

um... one thing, i noticed that didnt appear to be standard field, i could be wrong ...

see if you have products_upc field anywhere in your db. if not, remove

$default_these[] = 'v_products_upc';

and see if that helps

Hi guys, i've manage to resolve the header error msg, i think its caused by the servers, i migrate my oscommerce to another hosting site and everything worked fine, there is only 1 problem, when i change the status to active, it worked but when i tried to change the status to inactive, after i uploaded the file it shows updated but when i manually check, its still active, btw i used the same case in the setting etc... Inactive

Anyone out there with the same problem???????

you do have some products in your store right?

um... one thing, i noticed that didnt appear to be standard field, i could be wrong ...

see if you have products_upc field anywhere in your db. if not, remove

$default_these[] = 'v_products_upc';

and see if that helps

I assume you meant to remove the referenced line of code from the easypopulate.php file, correct?

I did that and then received an error saying the directory did not exist in three different lines. It listed the below URL twice.

/home/content/dedic83d/html/SITE_U_demo/test/oscommerce/temp/

That URL string has been previously modified to various versions, including that one. I have now is changed it again to the following:

define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/');

When attempting to export download, I still receive the error referenced previously with the near-blank page. After the changes made above, importing a file Really, although importing would be nice, at this point, all I need is the ability to export and download all the product information. Below is the configuration details. Thank you for your help.

/home/content/dedic83d/html/SITE_U_demo/test/oscommerce//temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

SPPC: false

Edited by FidelGonzales

http://pastebin.ca/651470

is my current version... i have a lot more fields than most people, so dont use my version without modifying everything that i modified. You can use beyond compare 2 program to compare my version with the contribution version.

I almost have this working perfectly... with wholesale groups and sppc per group. But not quite.

If you find the block

FROM
           ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p,
		".TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION." as pd,
		".TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS." as pg,
           ".TABLE_CATEGORIES." as subc,
           ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES." as ptoc
           WHERE
           p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND pd.products_id = p.products_id AND
           ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id AND pg.products_id = pd.products_id AND pg.customers_group_id = 7
           " . $sql_filter;

you'll see that i am hard coding in the group id 7, I have 3 group price levels... 1, 7, and 8. Can someone help me with a way to get all records for all 3 instead of just 1? Right now it repeats the values in my exported file for instance products_price1, products_price1_2, and products_price1_3 would all have the value from products_groups.products_price1 where products_id = 7 and not unique for each one.

so close.

I would look at this block

$result = tep_db_query('
                           INSERT INTO
                           VALUES
                           (
                               ' . $v_products_id . ',
                               )'
                           );
           }

try removing the comma there... might work for you... not sure.

Thanks Robert972 but I played and played with these sections and just got a varying array of errors, none ever fixed it...

Thanks Robert972 but I played and played with these sections and just got a varying array of errors, none ever fixed it...

i hear ya, i still dont have everything working with mine. I dont get why you guys are having issues if you have stock osc and this contrib.. it should work. Im just trying to come up with suggestions as i've had to figure out some things while getting this going on mine. but it worked out of the chute pretty much. I was really hoping that surfalot was going to be checking in on this thread and offer some assistance. I'm no pro, i need help too. Right now, mine just wont insert into products_groups.

$result = tep_db_query('
INSERT INTO
VALUES
(
' . $v_products_id . '
)'
);
}

you tried it like that right? and changed other ones like it

Robert that is the problem that I get, it won't insert these into the products_groups, I tried everything, I removed the comma, I moved it to a different place etc etc etc. all with differing results, except 1, they still don't insert :D

I was hoping surfalot would check in, but it has only been a few days since he checked in last, I'm sure he will be on soon.

Thanks for trying.

http://pastebin.ca/652759

my final version... my products_groups are hard coded into this, 1, 7, 8 are my group ids... you should change these to your own.

Also, theres a lot of additional tables of mine in this one, so youll need to rip them out.

whoever cleans this up enough can make a contribution out of it, but please make it dynamically support the group ids.

Hello all, :)

Question - did that "#1065 Error - Query was Empty error" get sorted out by either Jill or Gonzales?

It was mentioned the last page. I'm having the exact same problem - can't export a file. Can't create a file using the quicklinks etc.

I've broken my poor database and shop a few times trying to figure out the problem but with no luck. (Thank god for database restore though is all I can say! :D)

I've a stock install - I have just installed the SPPC module though. I've not changed anything else though.

//Settings

Temp Dir:

C:/www/sandbox.dev/public_html/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

SPPC: true

I'm working on a local server - so the site isn't live. I assumed that wouldn't make a difference though.

Any comments would be helpful - I have tried changing the lines Robert mentioned last page.

Thanks in advance :)

Gemma

Hi All, I'm having the same 1065 error thats been reported in the last 2 pages.

Has anyone sorted it out,found a fix or any guidance?

New user and plan to use to host friends 5100 items.

They are in an excel spreadsheet so want to work on trying to upload all of them into OSC and this error has already put a hold on this...

Hi All, I'm having the same 1065 error thats been reported in the last 2 pages.

Has anyone sorted it out,found a fix or any guidance?

New user and plan to use to host friends 5100 items.

They are in an excel spreadsheet so want to work on trying to upload all of them into OSC and this error has already put a hold on this...

Ok answered my own question :D

found this post http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry432915

And seeing as I'm only testing on my server I enabled Register Globals within my php.ini and what do you know! the error goes away!

I suppose the more secure fix would be to try step 2 thats mentioned in the thread - but for my testing purposes this will suffice.

Hope this helps the others who are having this issue...

Cheers,

Fotski

Ok answered my own question :D

found this post http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry432915

And seeing as I'm only testing on my server I enabled Register Globals within my php.ini and what do you know! the error goes away!

I suppose the more secure fix would be to try step 2 thats mentioned in the thread - but for my testing purposes this will suffice.

Hope this helps the others who are having this issue...

Cheers,

Fotski

OMG Fotski - you are a legend. I think i love you :P

It works :D *dances strangely around the room*